Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
gIG7s8D.jpg

GTAVaper

I am finding that this vape works very well through water and is hard to screw up and combust in that way.
I haven't bothered with m-m adapters and have relied on @Vape Dr. folded over silicone tubing mod as that fits directly into a 19mm female end perfectly and enough to easily support the Milaana.

Whether basket style or otherwise depth of bowl utilized would be the equivalent to using basket style screens ending about a mm from the top. Then fill with medium ground herb that is lightly tamped into place with a dowel end (about the same size as the end of the brush that comes with the Mighty) till about a mm or two below the top of the glass joint.

Then preheat for 5 seconds and then draw very slowly through the bubbler until vapour starts and then speed up the draw and pull that vapour into your bubbler harder until you feel like the vapour is thickening up and then let go of the button and continue to pull until the vapour starts to thin again.

When it starts to take longer and longer to get that initial visible vapour it's time to take a second breath through the process, or to swap out the batteries again.

But in any case, this method will work very well and let you see the formation of visible vapour the easiest since the stem is sitting further away from your face and you can see the entire length of the stem all at once as well as how quickly your glass will start to milk up.

If you keep on the button after the glass starts to milk heavily .....then you still risk combustion. As with direct draw, once you see the vapour starting there is still lots more to come after letting off the button. With glass you can see it when it starts to thin more easily and then lean on the button again to keep the vapour flowing.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am finding that this vape works very well through water and is hard to screw up and combust in that way.
I haven't bothered with m-m adapters and have relied on @Vape Dr. folded over silicone tubing mod as that fits directly into a 19mm female end perfectly and enough to easily support the Milaana.

Whether basket style or otherwise depth of bowl utilized would be the equivalent to using basket style screens ending about a mm from the top. Then fill with medium ground herb that is lightly tamped into place with a dowel end (about the same size as the end of the brush that comes with the Mighty) till about a mm or two below the top of the glass joint.

Then preheat for 5 seconds and then draw very slowly through the bubbler until vapour starts and then speed up the draw and pull that vapour into your bubbler harder until you feel like the vapour is thickening up and then let go of the button and continue to pull until the vapour starts to thin again.

When it starts to take longer and longer to get that initial visible vapour it's time to take a second breath through the process, or to swap out the batteries again.

But in any case, this method will work very well and let you see the formation of visible vapour the easiest since the stem is sitting further away from your face and you can see the entire length of the stem all at once as well as how quickly your glass will start to milk up.

If you keep on the button after the glass starts to milk heavily .....then you still risk combustion. As with direct draw, once you see the vapour starting there is still lots more to come after letting off the button. With glass you can see it when it starts to thin more easily and then lean on the button again to keep the vapour flowing.

I dono, I've been bubbling past couple nights and it is trickier for me not to scorch or get too light of a hit. Far easier dry (or through a hydratube at least) in my experience. Gotta be real stingy with the button on a fresh battery especially, couple sec preheat then start a slow steady draw, let go of button after 5 or 6 seconds and keep drawing faster while slowly rotating Milaana atop my inline honeycomb bubbler led to the best most evenly extracted hits for me. Just goes to further demonstrate the manual nature of this particular beast (Zion was a different story, far simpler through water)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I am going to buy a glass cutter for my dremmell and cut my long stems down to micro short stems (protrude like an inch 1/4 above joint).

Well I dunno, a friend broke my short stem the other day, turning it de-facto into a micro short stem, and it's just horrible! Heat is unbearable, exactly like on the Firewood with the stock stem.

It feels hot on the throat and worse I hurt my teeth with the hot stream! I had to angle the stem in such a way that the stream hit the inside of my cheek rather than straight...

And really, I keep saying that: there is a DIRECT correlation between cooling surface length and taste. The hotter the least taste you get. With shorter stems I can't push the extraction as far as with the Zion long stems.

I've been using the super long stems from my Zion in place this week and it's night and day: the taste is so much better, I almost couldn't tell the difference with my Zion, proof it's really the stem length that has a dramatic impact.

The only problem: the Mi looks completely silly with the long stem and I can't go outside with it, draws too much attention. So this is another plus for the Zion: it's scaled in a way that it looks fine with the super long stem, not out of place or proportions like on the Mi.

GTAVaper

I dono, I've been bubbling past couple nights and it is trickier for me not to scorch or get too light of a hit. Far easier dry (or through a hydratube at least) in my experience. Gotta be real stingy with the button on a fresh battery especially, couple sec preheat then start a slow steady draw, let go of button after 5 or 6 seconds and keep drawing faster while slowly rotating Milaana atop my inline honeycomb bubbler led to the best most evenly extracted hits for me. Just goes to further demonstrate the manual nature of this particular beast (Zion was a different story, far simpler through water)

It's possible that I may have a cooler unit making the experience different.....or it just may be that I am more attuned to visual cues with this method simply because that is pretty much how I use it exclusively whereas you may be more attuned to throat heat feedback because that is how you have been using it primarily.

It has been a long time since I have combusted in using it this way and I get good results.

Visual feedback through water works very well for me......especially with something like the Sticky Brick (the right torch is critical with this one) which when you get it dialed in right is going to blow non-butane vapes away in speed of extraction......although right torch and techniques are still critical

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's possible that I may have a cooler unit making the experience different.....or it just may be that I am more attuned to visual cues with this method simply because that is pretty much how I use it exclusively whereas you may be more attuned to throat heat feedback because that is how you have been using it primarily.

It has been a long time since I have combusted in using it this way and I get good results.

Visual feedback through water works very well for me......especially with something like the Sticky Brick (the right torch is critical with this one) which when you get it dialed in right is going to blow non-butane vapes away in speed of extraction......although right torch and techniques are still critical

Yeah I haven't used water too much since I've moved out to Cali, but have been more lately (used to do Zion through water more). It's just the speed timing is tricky to get right exactly, maybe yours is a bit cooler. I too learned the original Daisy best through water as well. And yeah that and Sticky Bricks are tippy top vapes in my experience as well (Zion and Milaana come closest for me as an electric version)

Last edited:
Ordered some screens for $12 from the RBT store on Aug 30th (only place that had them in stock at the time) and have yet to receive any kind of notification or confirmation even after following up with an email. I knew I would have to be patient ordering from RBT but this is kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Pretty much exactly how I do it. Very important to know that you can combust after you let off the throttle. It's is climbing, not steady. When you let off it doesn't instantly drop, it has a lot of energy pushed into it so it'll continue to peak for a little bit.

Ordered some screens for $12 from the RBT store on Aug 30th (only place that had them in stock at the time) and have yet to receive any kind of notification or confirmation even after following up with an email. I knew I would have to be patient ordering from RBT but this is kind of ridiculous.
Send em an email, they might have a phone number up by now but idk. Get ahold of em! Sorry you have to wait, totally blows man. Cmon rbt!

Found a deal on a second Milaana a few days ago and just received it.

Oh my god. My first one is WEAK. I must have gotten one of those "cooler heaters" people were talking about because WOW! ZERO preheating necessary and clouds for DAYS with no effort. Getting an extra bowl or two per battery now too it seems. I'm going to have to send my first one in I think.

Old has the green stem and new has the amber.
eDJLOv.jpg

EN5k5z.jpg

5HngCW.jpg

7x4gpG.jpg

chimpybits

You're obviously a pretty verbose guy (based on your amount of posts and words per post), so these vids where you are toking in silence are weird to me. Maybe throw a soundtrack on if you're not gonna talk?

Oh, and never film in portrait mode!!!
Personally I prefer it wo soundtrack as that usually means I'm disallowed from watching in my country and have to muck around with IP settings via browsec. And taste in music is so subjective.

MonkeyTime

Ok party people, USPS got me yesterday, but today they delivered! I'll start by thanking RBT, his unofficial team, all of you posting actual info about the unit and @cannabis.pro (420EDC.com) who answered PM'd questions on Labor day and shipped Tuesday! All you guys rock just like this thing!!!!

First unregulated and first manual other than MFLB that I really never took to. First bowl almost done, and while I'm sure I have a lot of room to improve my technique, I'm already loving my Milaana :rockon:

I'm getting nice soft whispy hits that are oh so tasty (my current goal)! I'm working my way up learning the battery as she depletes, can't wait to start over with a fresh load and battery! Clouds they are a comin'!

I do have two questions with a side note......

The long stem that came bubble wrapped nicely looks to either be scratched or cracked?

SO2IZpX.jpg

The screens came pre-installed and when I tried to move the screen shorter in the short stem, it was in there like nobody's business! Could the long one have gotten cracked when they inserted the screen? I thought they might be scratches, but I have noticed that they move with the light, as-in they look 3D and not like a surface scratch.

Is it safe to use? I'm assuming no and haven't yet, but I've got a very short history with glass, so I haven't come across odd situations like this yet.

The second question is about batteries. I have searched, and I'm up to page 70 in catching up, but I've yet to see a clear answer on this one yet. Are INR batteries acceptable for use with the Mi?

I have 5 of the brown from RBT, so I'm ok, but I have another eFest IMR 3000mAH 30A I believe it's marked and (2) Samsung 32E's that are also 3000mAH but INR's. i know I can throw the eFest into the rotation, but what about the others? Just want to make sure I pack them away if they're a no go.

This as of now unnamed beast is everything I was hoping the GH would be. The hits are not hot, taste great, are almost instantly available and there is zero restriction.

Off to start practicing. Practice? Practice? Yes, I'm talking 'bout practice!

Have a great weekend, I may not be around much,

MT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom