Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimura

I never feather the button either. I feel like my technique is fairly mindless. preheat ~3seconds, start to draw slowly and steadily directly into the lungs, continue drawing steadily, ramping up my draw slightly if necessary to control the heat, release the button when I'm running out of lungs and continue to draw for a few seconds. just slow and steady direct inhalation. with the little mouthpiece mod I can comfortably go as hot as I want for cloudage and full extraction. I charred a load once or twice in the first week or two of ownership but have never combusted on either of my Mi's. I do stir a few times per load, whether I grind or not.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I never feather the button either. I feel like my technique is fairly mindless. preheat ~3seconds, start to draw slowly and steadily directly into the lungs, continue drawing steadily, ramping up my draw slightly if necessary to control the heat, release the button when I'm running out of lungs and continue to draw for a few seconds. just slow and steady direct inhalation. with the little mouthpiece mod I can comfortably go as hot as I want for cloudage and full extraction. I charred a load once or twice in the first week or two of ownership but have never combusted on either of my Mi's. I do stir a few times per load, whether I grind or not.

Hi there,

what kind of mouthpiece mod have you goT? Those nice ones from @DDave?
Speaking off and to, I'd love to buy a new Mi mod kit so bad. Can't wait for an update, hope it's available for us internationals soon, too!:)
Keep up the great work!!

Love & peace

kimura

what kind of mouthpiece mod have you goT?

it's really simple...hardly qualifies as a "mod" but for me it really makes a big difference. just go back one page (page 218) and look at the first post. you can't see in the pic, but the hole at the end of the mouthpiece is very small. in that pic I'm using the mouthpiece on a planet vape stem, but you can just stick it into any of the RBT stems.

I too am looking forward to seeing the new mods from @DDave

bounce5

New setup. DHgate hydrotube and Oregonglassblowers 14M to 18M US Adapter. One handed operation, smooth cool vapor. Can't ask for a better setup.

Also burnt wood edges on the top edge and torch patina copper on the battery door (previously was polished - look in my post history for a little gif to see. Aw shucks here ya go
giphy.gif
)

zdVNvSR.jpg

So I purchased a Pinnacle Pro Hydrotube knockoff from Dhgate and it arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it doesn't fit my 14mm male piece (US Joint style 14mm Male/18mm Male, purchased on ebay).:( The 14mm Female joint on the Hydrotube is just a bit bigger so it's not making an airtight seal. I'm wondering if maybe it needs an ISO 14mm male joint. :shrug:Where can I find a joint that will fit both the Milaana 18mm US joint and the hydrotube for a good price? I know I could probably get one from OGB (maybe I need to do a custom one), or perhaps thick ass glass. @nickzzzx, or anyone else using the same hydrotube, Where did you get your 14mm male/18mm male joint that you are using with the dhgate pinnacle hydrotube?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I purchased a Pinnacle Pro Hydrotube knockoff from Dhgate and it arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it doesn't fit my 14mm male piece (US Joint style 14mm Male/18mm Male, purchased on ebay).:( The 14mm Female joint on the Hydrotube is just a bit bigger so it's not making an airtight seal. I'm wondering if maybe it needs an ISO 14mm male joint. :shrug:Where can I find a joint that will fit both the Milaana 18mm US joint and the hydrotube for a good price? I know I could probably get one from OGB (maybe I need to do a custom one), or perhaps thick ass glass. @nickzzzx, or anyone else using the same hydrotube, Where did you get your 14mm male/18mm male joint that you are using with the dhgate pinnacle hydrotube?

Yeah it's hit or miss with the knockoffs, I thought it was the pieces design itself, until I got an official pnwt, so so so much better

Shit Snacks,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am finally able to successfully vape micro loads!!
First micro load weighed in at less than 0,01g!! My scale did not register any weight on it...
4 large clouds, taste was excellent for the first 2 and then fair for the last 2 hits.

My method is this:
18/14mm reducer adjusted to fit Milaana.
14mm flower bowl that came with one of my WT's, never been used. It has an inch long stem before it hits the bottom of the bowl.
Made a quick adjustable bowl from a pipe screen.
Cut up a tiny nug with scissors and load and tamp down.
Heat for 7s and inhale gently, same for second hit.
3rd and 4th hits the Milaana is hotter and you get nice clouds off less button down time.

Heat at this length is negligible which is odd due to the shortness of the stem.
I can slo do larger sized loads due to the length of the stem before the bowl!

This would be a cool "Optional Accessory Kit" to have available! The Miser's Kit!

Here are some pics of the parts i am using along with an 18650 battery for size reference.

The reducer and flower bowl
IMG_2832_zpsacyzfaue.jpg

Assembled on the Mi with battery for size
231fc864-190a-4ea8-a032-0e6e071d6e8a_zpsabp2m7xl.jpg

nickzzzx

Go with OGB 14M to 18M adapter. Make sure to ask for US standard 18/22 joint in the order notes. I got my order quick and the piece is of high quality as far as joints go. Fits perfect on both Mi and Dhgate hydrotube. OGB is also great at answering questions. Stand up business.

(Make sure to baby the Mi+adapter+hydrotube setup while assembled, the floating glass perc in the hydrotube can break easily)

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I'm doing smaller loads with an ExtremeQ basket screen. Makes it slightly more conduction based, but not much. Not hot to the touch at all after a few seconds and can be handled if you're quick instantly. I just suck up some ground herb and then pop the screen in keeping the green from falling out of the stem. Did some cotton full of reclaim this way too. I don't know if it's getting warm enough to cash it though. the basket conducting heat seems to heat the load a little more evenly as well.

It's definitely growing on me the more I improve my technique (mainly backing off the button, but feathering to keep vapor production going). Probably not going to dethrone the nano for in home vaping, but it'll be my out and about vape and definitely the vape to use while playing video games.

It's got a real ergonomic feel in the hand. Measurements look based on the golden ratio like cig boxes.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Going to a cabin this Friday evening, Saturday and return on Sunday mid-day. Taking 7 fully charged batteries for Milaana, 3 for the FF2, and the StickyBrick with 3 full butanes.

And I'm still worried I don't have enough batteries for the Milaana. Even though there's no electric, and due to this insane paranoia, I packed my charger. WTF.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Going to a cabin this Friday evening, Saturday and return on Sunday mid-day. Taking 7 fully charged batteries for Milaana, 3 for the FF2, and the StickyBrick with 3 full butanes.

And I'm still worried I don't have enough batteries for the Milaana. Even though there's no electric, and due to this insane paranoia, I packed my charger. WTF.

Buy a power inverter so you can charge batteries via your car?

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I have considered just that, and will likely have one of them someday soon, I hope. But no time for this trip. I went ahead and packed another lighter and my can of butane. Better safe than sorry. I think I'll be fine now....

justvapin,

bounce5

Go with OGB 14M to 18M adapter. Make sure to ask for US standard 18/22 joint in the order notes. I got my order quick and the piece is of high quality as far as joints go. Fits perfect on both Mi and Dhgate hydrotube. OGB is also great at answering questions. Stand up business.

(Make sure to baby the Mi+adapter+hydrotube setup while assembled, the floating glass perc in the hydrotube can break easily)

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will look into OGB. My only gripe is that $14 seems steep for an adapter, with shipping it comes to $20. Although I've seen them at that price on other sites, Thick ass glass has them for half that price and I paid $2.00 each including shipping for the one's on ebay. The $2.00 ones actually work great with the Milaana and my ashcatcher. The good news is that I can use the ppwt with my Vapman in the meantime.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Sounds a bit unfair of a comparison if they are new, all your other cells should be already quite diminished by now. Brand new cells always have a lot of ooomph.

cadex-labs-chart.jpg

(research credits Cadex Electronics)

I surely could combust quickly with the HG2 out of the box but it would require more effort today. After only 250 cycles we're left with somewhere between 75% and 85% capacity already. And past 350 cycles most cells are toast and sag so much they are useless.

But I must admit the HE4 are not my favorites either, I think I prefer the 25R and HE2 in the 2500 category. The HG2 is surely good but with my usage pattern I'm seeing strictly no difference with the others. Maybe I should do the comparison using another device than the Mi.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Sounds a bit unfair of a comparison if they are new, all your other cells should be already quite diminished by now. Brand new cells always have a lot of ooomph.

cadex-labs-chart.jpg

I surely could combust quickly with the HG2 out of the box but it would require more effort today. After only 250 cycles we're left with somewhere between 75% and 85% capacity already. And past 350 cycles most cells are toast and sag so much they are useless.

But I must admit the HE4 are not my favorites either, I think I prefer the 25R and HE2 in the 2500 category. The HG2 is surely good but with my usage pattern I'm seeing strictly no difference with the others. Maybe I should do the comparison using another device than the Mi.
What do u use to test batteries like that?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Oorite! Sorry, I must give credit where it's due, I edited my post above, the data is not mine.

But to reproduce you just need either a smart charger that records the amount of charge it puts in, or some kind of meter on the discharge side (both give you a value in mAh which you compare to the rated capacity to get the % value vs cycle count)

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I use this exact setup. OGB is great but I have bought 2x of these and they are both 19/22 on one side, and Iso 14 on the other to fit the PWTA you speak of. (FOR $2!) Just saved you $20, you're welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30200730068...49&var=600805886359&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

DE0CEB39-6185-4FED-B54E-BE12C9603D72_zpsex7vrtto.jpg
7976759B-AECF-4C92-9AD6-D0065A4EBDEB_zpspxj3i3gh.jpg

bounce5

I use this exact setup. OGB is great but I have bought 2x of these and they are both 19/22 on one side, and Iso 14 on the other to fit the PWTA you speak of. (FOR $2!) Just saved you $20, you're welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302007300684?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=600805886359&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

DE0CEB39-6185-4FED-B54E-BE12C9603D72_zpsex7vrtto.jpg
7976759B-AECF-4C92-9AD6-D0065A4EBDEB_zpspxj3i3gh.jpg

That's interesting. The $2 adapters you linked are the exact adapters that I currently have and aren't working - same vendor I bought from. I have 3 of the 18/14 mm male adapters too. I tried them all. I was able to get one of them to seal for a moment, but I have to push REALLY hard and it unsealed pretty easily. Also I asked the vendor what type of joint and he told me they were US joints. I guess you got lucky and recieved one that fit well?

Edit: I went and tried one of the glass joints again. I got it to work. I have to push it really hard and twist a bit into the ppwt. I suspect it's not 100% air tight. I will probably wear down the joint even more....but at least I can play for a bit. I'll probably have to go to OGB and order one of theirs. Is there anyone who sells the same glass joints or custom ones for a better price?

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That's interesting. The $2 adapters you linked are the exact adapters that I currently have and aren't working - same vendor I bought from. I have 3 of the 18/14 mm male adapters too. I tried them all. I was able to get one of them to seal for a moment, but I have to push REALLY hard and it unsealed pretty easily. Also I asked the vendor what type of joint and he told me they were US joints. I guess you got lucky and recieved one that fit well?

Edit: I went and tried one of the glass joints again. I got it to work. I have to push it really hard and twist a bit into the ppwt. I suspect it's not 100% air tight. I will probably wear down the joint even more....but at least I can play for a bit. I'll probably have to go to OGB and order one of theirs. Is there anyone who sells the same glass joints or custom ones for a better price?

Both of mine work like a charm, I may have just gotten lucky, I tend to do that. I wonder if it's your PWTA joint? I had one of those that was wonky and wouldn't seal on anything.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was able to get one of them to seal for a moment, but I have to push REALLY hard and it unsealed pretty easily.
I really really hope you are talking about the side of the M2M that faces the glass. A really good way to destroy your Milaana would be to "push REALLY hard" on the female joint to make a seal... :bang:

If it isn't fitting it is likely ISO or 4mm too long. Please don't try to make an ISO fit...

EDIT: I went back and saw your earlier post where you were talking about the glass side, so "Nevermind".

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I just got word that my Milaana is on it's way back home! I sent it in on 7/27 and it should make it back by 8/22 so just over 3 week turn around.
Although the wording of the email from RBT makes me think that mine couldn't be repaired and I may get a new unit? Either way is fine by me.

"Your new unit has shipped out today via First Class and your tracking# *****

RBT,
Sheila"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom