Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
As far as quality goes, my only experience with them is their now seemingly discontinued 'Double Bubble' compact bong, which is well made, and functions as well as my D020-D for vaping:
image_3822_1_25862.jpg

Wow this little guy sure looks fun!! Would love to get my hands on something like this.

AJS,
Reactions: nondarb
Absolutely sympathize, as an early pre order you probably presumed like me this was more like HI UD and Triihouse, handcrafted one by one transparency. However his grander plans for mass scale production should mean that once products can roll out things should go much more smoothly and consistently. I wouldn't worry about warranty service down the line, I am certain he will employ the necessary representatives as soon as he is able, part of what comes with establishing a larger company. It is a shame the project now has more similarities to GH, but they (and Boundless) do have a much larger team as well. I am always amazed by how much George can do mostly just by himself, but his project is ofcourse very different just like the people are. Bottom line for me is the vapes kick ass, the path hasn't been easy, but once they are complete we will see the company become what we all expect imo. Each of these creators and companies have their own path, it is all so new, let us see how things progress bc we are still in product purgatory where to me any judgements not related to product performance are a bit too hasty (even after all this time waiting as the products and their production are fully developed and established). I do wish he would communicate more, especially to those of you who are waiting on the returned Zions to hear their status, but for some people that is just not their strong suit, it takes too much time and energy for certain types of people, even the smallest update spirals into a carefully worded diatribe (I am guilty of doing this all the time in case anyone didn't notice) so I can understand neglecting it in favor of working on the project itself, that is clearly where his expertise and comfort zone lies, so I say let him keep at it, get these things where they need to be finally, and then build the rest around that fantastic product(s) as that is the only lasting impression that truly matters in the long run :2c:
Even @VapCap has a team, now, he just rarely mentions them :)

The 6 arm perc will provide a nice wispy filtration, good for adding moisture, very little drag, and doesn't sacrafice flavor.
The Matrix style, will offer much more filtration, but I like to reserve those for bigger piece of glass because tee bubbles will stack higher and be "foamier" and will take away more flavor. When I'm getting a small handheld bubbler, huge filtration is my least concern. I want flavor and moisture added, and the 6 arm slit per will do that better than the matrix imo, but the matrix should technically be smoother because waaaay more bubbles. (But again, seems pointless to me in a small handheld bubbler).
The honeycomb is probably my least favorite, and I would use that for smoking as opposed to vaping...which I fucked long ago.

With the Milaana, I truly don't think you can go wrong with any hammer style bubbler. Anything small to add moisture to your vapor will be super fun.

Edit:
After looking at the showerhead you're speaking of, it seems that it's a good small size and will still be enjoyable. Probably just a less filtration Matrix perc. The choice is yours!
I was dabbing with a single honeycomb not that long ago, and would compare it favorably to a slit perc. There wasn't as much drag as I'd been led to believe and the flavor was as good as my slit perc bubblers. Certainly better flavor than my matrix perc. My honeycomb piece was a small puck (that I won through FC!!!!!). Perhaps the difference is not so much with the perc, but with the size of the device and how much water it holds. My honeycomb only used an inch or two of water, and gave flavor that was up there with my FC-710 or nectar collector, both of which use very little water and have small footprints.

AJS

Calm Consistency
So I guess we're all bored of Milaana discussion, huh?

I am so excited for any upcoming news. The last one put me in a good place and I'm sure the next one will be a pretty positive improvement.

I think the Milaana is going to be such an easy vape for public use. Pull out, rip, put it back in pocket. Entire process of a massive rip could be done in probably 4-7 seconds if you preheat a bit in you pocket. Just make sure you don't accidentally blow your clouds at a group and make em all feel funny ;)

On demand convection ... Goddam, can't get over that. Magic flight? Meet E nano.
Magic flight nano
Malightnano
Milaanano
Milaana

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes I've been able to use it walking down the street in the city, not even going much, left it in my hand til I got where I was going. I also took into a movie with Ed's maple beta stem and was able to ghost hits with it in my sleeve (don't know if would've gotten away with that using the glass stem though, the narrower diameter of these beta wood stems limits the cloudage, but maybe I could control it better... Still haven't unpacked my GonGs) Also remember preheat only on a weak battery really, otherwise you can get a big hit in seconds with proper technique

Shit Snacks

Double post but it's been a while, just wanted to say I shared a wordy update in the zion thread after speaking to the man himself yesterday:

Milaana headline is design locked in, new guys all set up for assembly (apparently theyre great at it), so now just gotta churn em out. We should still see more in the wild this month...

Also there may be a price increase before it leaves the RBT store, I believe it will be two tiers of included accesories but unsure. Every Milaana will come with a battery, two stems, screens/filters, and the pouch at the very least. The second tier may include a second battery and an i2 charger, we'll see how it shakes out.

Just wanted to give people a heads up in case anyone is still considering jumping in at this point. Unsure how soon it will get to retailers with full stock available, but that is still moving forward as well, there is just more time in pre order land than expected so seize the opportunity if you are so inclined.

And by the way I am still relying on Milaana for my go to vape in every situation (yes I still owe you all a milk shot when I get my glass out finally), have not replaced the filter or had any issues at all, this is just a great simple way to vape with pure convection on demand with wood/glass/steel. The vapor quality has been stellar for me, the design is extremely functional, and it feels natural in use, easier to manage than Zion even despite fewer frills. For me it is just an ideal way to vape and still totally worth jumping in on even without precise shipping estimates or progress details
:2c::peace:

Last edited:

Shannock

I'm still in but can't help but feel slightly less excited with every update as to how things are being handled.
I can't understand why he felt the need to jump to larger (costlier) production runs rather than grow a bit more naturally and sell a handmade product, although I admit I have never had to source electrical components for a new vape idea and know how economy of scale works!

Anyway I still hold hope mainly due to the description of having a one handed battery powered Lily! As all my vapes are flame driven and require 2 hands for operation I need a beach option!
:cool:

Shit Snacks

I'm still in but can't help but feel slightly less excited with every update as to how things are being handled.
I can't understand why he felt the need to jump to larger (costlier) production runs rather than grow a bit more naturally and sell a handmade product, although I admit I have never had to source electrical components for a new vape idea and know how economy of scale works!

Anyway I still hold hope mainly due to the description of having a one handed battery powered Lily! As all my vapes are flame driven and require 2 hands for operation I need a beach option!
:cool:

Totally, the way it was explained to me is that if he never tried to upscale and kept it all himself, it'd be an even longer waiting list ultimately as he worked through orders individually, very similar to the HI wait, that's just not how he wants to do this. Ultimately trying for more steady stock of product available at once vs keeping it as a hobby built one by one.

At least I can assure you that description does hold true with my beta! I think you will be very happy with that performance aspect... eventually of course, soon I hope :tup:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

So @Shit Snacks, how would you compare it to the ESV?

Ah my old faithful back up who last saw some use before my Zion(s) returned. Both still excellent portables in my book, with pros and cons so here are just a few fair comparison points in my opinion:

- Elevape is smaller (I posted a pic of them together somewhere here), stealthier without the glass stem and an internal bowl.

- Elevape requires far more stirring though in my experience with its wider bowl and it is more prone to off center hotspots, Milaana extracts more evenly even without stirring (for some Elevape can too, packing variations etc, but Milaana is more consistent to me if that helps)

- Elevape vapor is cooler per hit thanks to the wide open aluminum vapor path, no other vape hits like this in my experience, but the Milaana can do surpisingly well keeping it pretty smooth somehow when controlled.

- I find Milaana a bit easier to control, they both have a few variables but as I said I think Milaana is more consistent whereas my Elevape has been different. This is very subjective though as both are manual convection vapes with learning curves

- Elevape is capable of heating quicker, but like i said technique wise maybe more combustion risky actually (but I have a beta Mi and one of the first 50 ESVs) and Milaana on a fresh battery is extremely fast and hot.

- battery life on Milaana is better, since its got the trigger it is not always on, 18650 vs 6 li-ions I think? Theyre close but I think Milaana could do more bowls but there are a lot of variables. Where Milaana really wins is the swappable batts imo, ofcourse Elevape is USB so if you dig power packs that's a solution too i suppose, I just prefer spare batteries myself.

- again the glass stem bowl on Milaana can be a pro and a con, great taste and easy cleaning, can prepack several, quick and easy loading/unloading, but glass can break and its another separate piece

- Elevape cleaning is a bit more tedious with the crown and removable screens (I had mine modded bottle cap style the last few rounds), more cleaning more often basically.

- aside from the glass Milaana is more durable being water proof and simple without electronics. Of course Elevape is durable aluminum and comes apart fully too.

- finally, the hits themselves, both are stellar pure convection vapes, but Milaana has more surface area to its heater and I guess that is really what makes a difference, because Elevape is strong, but just not quite in the same way I think, related to the extraction?

They are pretty different vapes though, why I don't plan on getting rid of either (and hope to have a Elevape Indica o2 some day as well)

Ah my old faithful back up who last saw some use before my Zion(s) returned. Both still excellent portables in my book, with pros and cons so here are just a few fair comparison points in my opinion:

- Elevape is smaller (I posted a pic of them together somewhere here), stealthier without the glass stem and an internal bowl.

- Elevape requires far more stirring though in my experience with its wider bowl and it is more prone to off center hotspots, Milaana extracts more evenly even without stirring (for some Elevape can too, packing variations etc, but Milaana is more consistent to me if that helps)

- Elevape vapor is cooler per hit thanks to the wide open aluminum vapor path, no other vape hits like this in my experience, but the Milaana can do surpisingly well keeping it pretty smooth somehow when controlled.

- I find Milaana a bit easier to control, they both have a few variables but as I said I think Milaana is more consistent whereas my Elevape has been different. This is very subjective though as both are manual convection vapes with learning curves

- Elevape is capable of heating quicker, but like i said technique wise maybe more combustion risky actually (but I have a beta Mi and one of the first 50 ESVs) and Milaana on a fresh battery is extremely fast and hot.

- battery life on Milaana is better, since its got the trigger it is not always on, 18650 vs 6 li-ions I think? Theyre close but I think Milaana could do more bowls but there are a lot of variables. Where Milaana really wins is the swappable batts imo, ofcourse Elevape is USB so if you dig power packs that's a solution too i suppose, I just prefer spare batteries myself.

- again the glass stem bowl on Milaana can be a pro and a con, great taste and easy cleaning, can prepack several, quick and easy loading/unloading, but glass can break and its another separate piece

- Elevape cleaning is a bit more tedious with the crown and removable screens (I had mine modded bottle cap style the last few rounds), more cleaning more often basically.

- aside from the glass Milaana is more durable being water proof and simple without electronics. Of course Elevape is durable aluminum and comes apart fully too.

- finally, the hits themselves, both are stellar pure convection vapes, but Milaana has more surface area to its heater and I guess that is really what makes a difference, because Elevape is strong, but just not quite in the same way I think, related to the extraction?

They are pretty different vapes though, why I don't plan on getting rid of either (and hope to have a Elevape Indica o2 some day as well)
Don't forget the various wooden mp's out there!

OyVape

Re breakable glass....it would be cool if all glass stems could come with a silicone wrap for protection. Kind of like the E-nano GonGs, but the whole length of the stem except where it contacts the heater. I bet someone like OF would know where to source them so we could make our own little mini "condoms".

Or glass-lined wood stems. Don't care for the wood taste myself.

Shit Snacks

Re breakable glass....it would be cool if all glass stems could come with a silicone wrap for protection. Kind of like the E-nano GonGs, but the whole length of the stem except where it contacts the heater. I bet someone like OF would know where to source them so we could make our own little mini "condoms".

Or glass-lined wood stems. Don't care for the wood taste myself.

Yeah, if the shorty stem is standard with Milaana it would be easier to wrap in some sort of sleeve (long stem not so much), but it is also more durable anyway, shouldn't break too easily, I haven't broken any myself really.

Once these are out we should be able to see some pretty great accessories made, definitely a lot of ideas there...

@IAmKrazy2 you are right, Elevape does produce some similarly dense vapor when used with proper technique, but typically smaller puffs. Whereas in Milaana it being open loop unregulated (aside from the heater size i mentioned) so you can get hits that are much much bigger, somehow even denser swirls of vapor, even in the same 8 seconds

Shit Snacks

I would be interested in this question myself since I ordered a Milaana from here in Zion yesterday.
Anybody have an idea how long?
And would it be a production model or still beta? Thanks.

I think I'm missing the question?

Also Zion National Park?! So breathtaking...

It will be a production model, but the first run is a pilot run basically, should see minimal revisions and quick turn around to upscaled production, unlike the more complex Zion.

Seems reasonable to expect a recent order to be fulfilled some time in May like the rest of the minimal pre orders, but don't be surprised if its later is all I can say when pre ordering any vape :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom