Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I used Milaana with my Evolver HydraTree before the move, it is indeed a heavy strain so recommended to use two hands so not to risk damage or warranty void. It sits better on Zion but still same precautions should be taken.
Surprised someone's tried this! Good to know, probably will avoid buying, as I wish to keep the simplicity there, and 2 hands doesn't seem too relaxing for this kind of unit...Maybe in a year when my Zion arrives, I'll get it as a home addition :lol:

When I invert Zion on my D020 canned inline honeycomb from Kathy, or my FC-Mod vase showerhead, I don't let it sit there, its just there for the hit, then I pull it off and set it down and leave the 18mm GonG bowl in the bubbler after clearing. Much like the LSV or how I used UD, and will use HI.
As an LSV owner (soon to be previous owner), I know what you mean. I like it that way though, more like...the piece is just a tool for your vape, a partner, and not a single unit, sorta like my Lotus, as I only have a wpa so it requires the bubbler. And damn, seems like you've been waiting forever on that HI, haha.

and for the pwnt, its perfect for Zion tech, but i have to recommend the official over any knockoff bc they are too short and do not work well at all in my experience, now that I have the real thing it is definitely more functional. Can't speak for variations like f-bomb, but China wise seems they don't quite have it (sunshinestore at least... I do want to try that recycler though some day)
Well this is a bit upsetting. i figured sunshinestore would do well with this, and the videos look surprisingly good. Maybe one day I'll cough up the extra bones for a real one.
I had a little bubbler for my Lotus, somewhere in the Lotus thread, that was cheap from dhgate. Like a handheld J-Hook, but it was a tree perc instead...a mix between a bubbler and a j hook can't explain it.

Edit: Found it:
6M48mla.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My m2m came with a bubbler order. It was luck of the draw. One is US, one is iso, obvi I'm using the US. They're hard to come by, I think someone had luck with a purchase of one, which is around page 50 as well.

I wish someone was for sure selling US m2m for a decent price ... Need them specially made it seems unless you get lucky. Anyone know of anyone other than ogb?

Try TAG.....they are based in US, but they are just chinese rebranded. I got a 18/18 female tho from them, and it is much nicer than all my other adapters. You could ask them specifically to check for US standards? No harm in asking usually ;) They did have adapters last I checked tho

They know me as the adapter guy at my lhs :lol: I have came in for basically one of everything over the past year for assorted vapes. Here is the difference, not a quality picture but it shows the gist, the US just happened to be like that, wasn't asked nor noticed til I got home.

75f4qkJ.jpg

Shorter by 3mm like ya said, and just boxier, could just be perception though since it's shorter.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haven't used an of the trilhouse vapes, but small bowl really quick is what it's all about!
When you finally do unpack your glass I'd love to know how easily the Mi can extract .05 in one hit. VC is got for .025-.03, but craving a powerhouse!

I'll do my best, I can't really weigh something that small or finely on my scale, but I can try to eyeball, I usually do what I think are .1 or .15 bowls with my screens basket style close to the heater with a slight glass rim so it's not mesh on mesh. If you use the screens reversed adjust-a-bowl style (aka dome) you can then push them much closer to the heater screen for an even shallower bowl perhaps, could work better for a tiny bowl, really you just want to be able to cover the bottom of the screen so no air bypasses the herbs and you should be fine regardless, even with a deeper bowl that was only filled 1/4 full (for Zion you'd then the dial up for this, in Milaana you'll want a fresher battery or a bit if preheat perhaps). I'll try to remember to let you know man

@AJS totally, that's also what i loved about the LSV, and the UD did it smaller, now the Zion does it even better for me, it is like smoking a bubbler with a small bowl and the Zion or Milaana is just your lighter aka heat source.

That Lotus pipe should be perfect with Milaana man, my buddy had one like that that's a combustion piece, love it. And yeah I really need a j hook actually, I've got some custom 18mm female vxl style stems though...

Yeah it was a shame about the pwnt knock off, but maybe they're better now? I dono I remember seeing here that they were supposedly better back when I ordered, but who knows. In any event Zion through a hydratube is so great, provides the right airflow turbulence whatever for very evenly extracted smooth hits.

And yeah the HIbrid, some day soon I hope to know its taste, was a big delay bc Alan's email was acting up and my replies weren't going through. But now he is working on my stems and vvps so I'm finally getting close to meeting that curvy goddess I posted in this thread!

And yeah re the US 18mm, you can get the other size cut down like I did for my WPAs (which you'll see again soon enough), but it is extremely tricky getting a screen to stay in there so be advised. Hopefully some day RBT will be able to offer WPAs himself...

Tommy10

There was the video of the VC through a M2M into the Evo, something like this with the Zion heater tech could be interesting for a just because!
Maybe even seal the top with an O-ring and use the VC body as a bowl size reducer and a way to not have to put screens in M2M

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
No harm in asking usually ;) They did have adapters last I checked tho
I've messaged 2-3 online shops without a single response regarding US sizing. So unfortunate.

@Shit Snacks
Unfortunately that bubbler is broken. Very unstable, and one knock over cracked it, 2nd knock over cracked the other side, 3rd one disconnected the perc. Such a shame. I enjoyed that piece more than I thought i would. It was a gift. Hopefully I can find another.

Definitely get a J Hook, fun to hold, cool vapor, amazing taste, no skunky water taste to deal with, awesome fun.

Shit Snacks

I've messaged 2-3 online shops without a single response regarding US sizing. So unfortunate.

@Shit Snacks
Unfortunately that bubbler is broken. Very unstable, and one knock over cracked it, 2nd knock over cracked the other side, 3rd one disconnected the perc. Such a shame. I enjoyed that piece more than I thought i would. It was a gift. Hopefully I can find another.

Definitely get a J Hook, fun to hold, cool vapor, amazing taste, no skunky water taste to deal with, awesome fun.

Yeah not everyone even knows there are different sizes, even the people selling and/or making em somehow... It's not easy at all, why i live with my imperfect methods for now

And yeaah I did always want one, some day i will, some day...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
US standard (not to be mistaken with glass blown in the US), is an 18mm male that is 23mm long. That extra mm between US and iso puts stress on the heater.
No. US standard is 22mm deep. 18.8mm/22mm actually. The ISO standard is 4MM longer.

Added: @Oregonglassblower has made me several that work just dandy. And yes, once RBT is poppin out vapes like popcorn I suspect (hope) he'll start selling, or at least point to "approved" accessories. But adapters the right size are readily available on ebay and from the chinese vendors as well.

Last edited:

slatihe

@AJS the bubbler style pictured is most often referred to as a "hammer style" bubbler. Or more specifically in your pic, a glass on glass, tree perc, hammer bubbler.

They were super common on dh gate a couple months back... Particularly 14m female.... I don't know that I've seen them offered by one of the preferred stores before though, also haven't looked for them at all either... I think I booked marked one I stumbled upon though...

Will take a look.

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS the bubbler style pictured is most often referred to as a "hammer style" bubbler. Or more specifically in your pic, a glass on glass, tree perc, hammer bubbler.

They were super common on dh gate a couple months back... Particularly 14m female.... I don't know that I've seen them offered by one of the preferred stores before though, also haven't looked for them at all either... I think I booked marked one I stumbled upon though...

Will take a look.
THANK YOU for naming that piece for me. Had no clue what it was referred to. I enjoy the style for small vapes, and the filtration is surprisingly beneficial. Hopefully I'll snag one for the Milaana soon.

AJS,
Reactions: slatihe

GTAVaper

I have a large double disc diffusing ashcatcher linked to my DHGate Mobius stereo matrix from Yingmin and plugged into that I have an upside-down 18mm oil collector that brings the far arm (of the "h") back beside the main tube of the DHMobius and I just lift the small oil reservoir (now a keckless cap) to use it as a carb.

My current favourite vape - the Apollo sits around the upright 18mm male end perfectly and hands free. I add a little joint wax to the 18mm male end and that helps make it even more air tight and work almost as well as a gong.

This setup has incredible cooling properties and still seems to keep the taste alive - even through the two matrix and two disc diffusers.

I am also thinking of picking up an FC1000 (Matrix-Pillar Sovereignty knockoff) from Steven on DHGate for the Milaana and Grasshopper pre-orders and was wondering if anyone has an FC-1000 and what they think of it?

GTAVaper,
Reactions: xer0

little maggie

Pics? Or word of mouth.
US 18mm?
I don't know what US 18mm means. I have several glass adapters that are 18mm and work fine but I don't know if they are US. I think I got them from Oregon Glassblower. You can see the HI one on the last page of the HI thread but I only know from Alan that it will work with the Zion/Milaana:

little maggie,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@AJS no problem. Here are a few links, hope it helps you or interested lurker.

Hammer 1 (18m f, 6 arm tree, $10)

Hammer 2 (same looking, $15)

Search

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing these info.. Am looking for something nice and small for the Milaana. And found a similar one, that is available in 3 different options:
http://m.dhgate.com/product/hot-sel...s-percolator/228923897.html#s1-3-1|1682099014

Matrix perc
Or
Shower head perc
Or
6 arm perc

Can anyone tell me what the difference is? Only have a D020... Don't know these percs and how they differ?

I liked one for the Milaana keeping the most flavor and easiest to draw from :D

Thanks guys, hope this is still enough Milaana related - but since it's been introduced, I thought I might ask directly :)

Have a great weekend everyone
:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing these info.. Am looking for something nice and small for the Milaana. And found a similar one, that is available in 3 different options:
http://m.dhgate.com/product/hot-sell-new-6-arm-perc-glass-percolator/228923897.html#s1-3-1|1682099014

Matrix perc
Or
Shower head perc
Or
6 arm perc

Can anyone tell me what the difference is? Only have a D020... Don't know these percs and how they differ?

I liked one for the Milaana keeping the most flavor and easiest to draw from :D

Thanks guys, hope this is still enough Milaana related - but since it's been introduced, I thought I might ask directly :)

Have a great weekend everyone
:peace:
I think the pics are just pics, idk if ur allowed to choose. I got the 6 arm perc. Works amazing, minimal drag, still great flavor. Can't go wrong matching a Milaana to it.

AJS,

Shit Snacks

I don't know what US 18mm means. I have several glass adapters that are 18mm and work fine but I don't know if they are US. I think I got them from Oregon Glassblower. You can see the HI one on the last page of the HI thread but I only know from Alan that it will work with the Zion/Milaana:

Yeah it's been discussed many times, Zion stems need to be US 18mm which means 7/8inch long for the actual joint itself (the inner diameter is also different) otherwise it may not seal properly leaving an airgap and/or putting too much strain on the heater/bowl screen...

You mean Alan's new LSV stem? I had been talking Zion with him as we finalized my HI too, and I am still a bit skeptical that they will work well or at all, but until someone can try we won't know for sure... I did try to let him know all that, so it could be fine, just judging by the pics it definitely would not work bc the actual bowl hangs below the 18mm joint for the LSV, I don't know if it can be made flush with the WonG /ConG, and I don't know if the narrower vapor path would work as well as the stock stems...

vapen00b

I think the pics are just pics, idk if ur allowed to choose. I got the 6 arm perc. Works amazing, minimal drag, still great flavor. Can't go wrong matching a Milaana to it.
Yes, infact you HAVE to choose. I put it in my cart before - without knowing of different versions available - and I had to choose my option. That's why I stopped and asked here :)
If anyone could shed some light on this bubbler tech, I'd greatly appreciate it :clap:

Peace :peace:

vapen00b,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
EU members might want some of this small Milaana-sized hammer action too, so:

1696_0.png

1697_0.png

Or if you're a coffee table vaper:

1721_0.png

I also quite like:
1597_0.png

http://www.weed-star.com/index.php

Sorry that they're all from the same place, but it's the only EU vendor that has a fairly wide selection (that I know of).
Recommendations for other places gladly welcome.

As far as quality goes, my only experience with them is their now seemingly discontinued 'Double Bubble' compact bong, which is well made, and functions as well as my D020-D for vaping:
image_3822_1_25862.jpg

Copacetic,
Reactions: nondarb

AJS

Calm Consistency
Yes, infact you HAVE to choose. I put it in my cart before - without knowing of different versions available - and I had to choose my option. That's why I stopped and asked here :)
If anyone could shed some light on this bubbler tech, I'd greatly appreciate it :clap:

Peace :peace:
Ah, mine was a gift. But it was that exact one, but the 6 arm, was amazing. I would imagine te matrix would perc up too much for such a small bubbler. But if it didn't over bubble that would be awesome!

vapen00b

Ah, mine was a gift. But it was that exact one, but the 6 arm, was amazing. I would imagine te matrix would perc up too much for such a small bubbler. But if it didn't over bubble that would be awesome!
Ok, thanks man! :)
But honestly, I have to admit I still don't get the bubbler style science behind it. What is the difference between them? What are pros/cons of their respective design?
Always glad to acquire vape knowledge... Milaana will like to be taught by me once she shows up, so I gotta prepare myself :brow::cool:

Thanks guys:wave:

vapen00b,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ok, thanks man! :)
But honestly, I have to admit I still don't get the bubbler style science behind it. What is the difference between them? What are pros/cons of their respective design?
Always glad to acquire vape knowledge... Milaana will like to be taught by me once she shows up, so I gotta prepare myself :brow::cool:

Thanks guys:wave:
The 6 arm perc will provide a nice wispy filtration, good for adding moisture, very little drag, and doesn't sacrafice flavor.
The Matrix style, will offer much more filtration, but I like to reserve those for bigger piece of glass because tee bubbles will stack higher and be "foamier" and will take away more flavor. When I'm getting a small handheld bubbler, huge filtration is my least concern. I want flavor and moisture added, and the 6 arm slit per will do that better than the matrix imo, but the matrix should technically be smoother because waaaay more bubbles. (But again, seems pointless to me in a small handheld bubbler).
The honeycomb is probably my least favorite, and I would use that for smoking as opposed to vaping...which I fucked long ago.

With the Milaana, I truly don't think you can go wrong with any hammer style bubbler. Anything small to add moisture to your vapor will be super fun.

Edit:
After looking at the showerhead you're speaking of, it seems that it's a good small size and will still be enjoyable. Probably just a less filtration Matrix perc. The choice is yours!

Last edited:

xer0

I am also thinking of picking up an FC1000 (Matrix-Pillar Sovereignty knockoff) from Steven on DHGate for the Milaana and Grasshopper pre-orders and was wondering if anyone has an FC-1000 and what they think of it?

I love it enough that I bought it again when the first one broke.

It's a big hitting, voluminous piece. If lung busting, cough inducing hits are your thing this thing will deliver. It has some drag to it but if you keep the water level just above the matrix it isn't too bad. I honestly prefer a little drag so I usually put my water level to about a half inch up on the pillars and it is perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom