Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
here's something i dont really understand. This is with respect to the milana:

"Units are scheduled to start shipping in early April with current backlog predicted to be shipped by mid May."

"When will my unit Milaana ship? The Milaana pre-orders are predicted to ship to the following schedule with 80% confidence - All pre-orders Shipping in April"

srama21,

tblast

it seems like good news for April still, and allowing more pre orders again seems like a positive for those that do want to jump in early at a low price

It seems like you are saying it's safe to order a Milaana still, even though pre orders were supposed to end with March. I would be all over that if I were sure it would be cool, did RBT confirm that somewhere?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It seems like you are saying it's safe to order a Milaana still, even though pre orders were supposed to end with March. I would be all over that if I were sure it would be cool, did RBT confirm that somewhere?

He did not, feel free to ask, but if an order is possible on the site then I would do it if you believe and can put up with set backs etc. Even if you aren't in that first 40, you'd still get one sooner than anyone else and at a lower price.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I had never pre-ordered anything before but I knew that I was not given a definitive date when I ordered, so I do not expect it on any certain date. If I wanted instant gratification out of a purchase I would have bought a vape already in production, there are plenty of vapes to buy and try to keep you satisfied until then. I sort of thought of this as a way to help a starting company get off the ground and get one of the first round of vapes when they DO go into production. IF they never go into production I would expect a refund, short of that, anything before a fall 2016 release seems like he is holding up his end of the bargain. I usually get 2 or 3 packages a week in from my assorted VaS and GaS anyway, so this will just be another fun surprise in the mail one day! If you must have a new toy try the classifieds and pass it along when you are done. Don't rely on a Milaana or Zion to be your daily driver in April if you don't have it in hand yet. Enjoy the vapes you do have and have access to. Because they may get put on a shelf for good once we get these! I just bought a new Mighty and let me tell you, for 2 year old tech this thing rocks. I'm really fine with 0 updates as long as I get a good, working vape in the next few months.

Let's see a beta tester bong milk shot to break up this negative energy! :leaf:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Let's see a beta tester bong milk shot to break up negative energy! :leaf:

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

And I'll do my best to accommodate that like I did way back when with my first Zion beta, been using everything exclusively dry lately as my glass is still all packed up from my move. Before I left i did try it with my HydraTree and pnwt suscessfully, but I will use my inline honeycomb to get a milk shot as its easier to see with that. Hopefully by this weekend I can get it all set up, the toughest part is actually the timing (and my shitty cell camera...)

Shit Snacks

Oh, still don't have that shot to share yet, but I did find out about another accesory coming with every Milaana: a very nice hemp pouch, seems it could fit Mi and batts/stems. I also believe it will come with a stir stick of some kind (maybe two) even if it can't store in the Mi body like it can in Zion. Good to know right?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Oh, still don't have that shot to share yet, but I did find out about another accesory coming with every Milaana: a very nice hemp pouch, seems it could fit Mi and batts/stems. I also believe it will come with a stir stick of some kind (maybe two) even if it can't store in the Mi body like it can in Zion. Good to know right?
Good to know indeed!
Thanks for that :D

Although, now that I think about that, if it were a surprise I would've been stoked! Haha. Jk. Either way I'm stoked.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

That's very cool :cool:
Thanks for keeping us up to speed SS :cheers:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Ugh... my evening was rough. I was out tending my animals and went to give my turkey flock water....Moe the Milaana took a swim in the heated water can! :bang:

My morning however... just dandy. Moe is dry and stealing my face. She never skipped a beat. :love:

*NOTE* This is not an endorsement of submerging your vapes in hot water. ;)

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Ugh... my evening was rough. I was out tending my animals and went to give my turkey flock water....Moe the Milaana took a swim in the heated water can! :bang:

My morning however... just dandy. Moe is dry and stealing my face. She never skipped a beat. :love:

*NOTE* This is not an endorsement of submerging your vapes in hot water. ;)

I had been meaning to ask if being waterproof was still a feature. Thanks for clarifying. ..

Does it float or sink?

utekai

i agree with @nosmoking . let's all ignore the missed ship date (which IMO is the thing to actually be concerned about), focus solely on a small caveat about the update date, and apologize to RBT. Don't forget to thank RBT for letting you order his vape!

Maybe ignoring obvious signs of trouble is a standard practice for some. For others obvious signs are useful in determining likely outcomes. Yeah, I understand your sarcasm.

1. Zions shipped and turned out to be faulty for numerous reasons
2. Promises made only to be broken
3. Communications from company cease
4. No zions shipping, apparently nothing shipping, but the doors are still open to take in new money

Sounds like a pattern that is common among many failing companies. Don't know if it will turn out true for this company, or if the one man show can even be called a company. But this certainly doesn't sit right.

To be comfortable here you have to have faith in someone you do not know and has no history of coming through in a pinch. It's clear the Zion is in a pinch of some sort. Maybe it will work out, but also maybe it won't.

utekai,
Reactions: mixchu69

Shit Snacks

Sweet! So now we can vape in the shower!

In our own showers, I mean. You in yours. Me in mine. Let's not make this weird.

:rofl:oh man I can't wait for you to finally get this thing brother! I actually used to do that with my old T1 (ill advised?)

Unfortunately I have not been able to test for any real durability, I guess I'm too careful, or reverse fortunate actually

AJS

Calm Consistency
As the Milaana gets closer and closer, I'm considering more options for vapor paths.

Just wondering what you guys had in mind to customize your Milaanas with glass, as we all know that's one of the best parts. Wait, don't tell me you were just going to use the stems RBT provided? Nahhh.

I've got a US 18mm m2m which will be the key to all my mating, that 18mm sure has a lot of options when it comes to mates ;) too bad I'm picky on which lucky female he chooses.

First up is my lovely D020-D from Sunshinestore, this will be for the ultimate thick hits and crowd pleasers, and trust me, I'll be getting you guys vids, don't worry.
mgvoS6X.jpg

Ive got a nice 18mm female J hook on the way from greenbuddhashop. I'm thinking it'll look best inverted on the Milaana, rather than inverting the Milaana on the J Hook. Only time will tell though. We'll see. I'll probably do both.
XHNbZER.jpg

I'm considering ordering this for those lazy days when you don't even want to move a finger, let alone an entire arm, to vape. This I'll just sit ontop of the M2M, as it's an 18mm female. $20 from glass blowers direct.

lITD1wC.jpg

Good thing there's other ways to get wet besides bubblers and water pipes. Up next is the vapexhale recycler HT from sunshine store. This thing might be too heavy on the Milaana, would love to hear what you guys think. Good thing is, it's 18mm female. If someone has one, let us know what the weight is like and how it would affect the pressure on the Milaana heater. Don't know if the weight goes directly on the heater, or if there is a ridge so the weight sits just above the heater. Can someone clarify?
fs4T7AR.jpg

If you want something like the Pinnacle Water Tool, just to add a bit of water but still maintain taste, you can get from Sunshinestore for around $20. Unfortunately, it's 14mm, so you'll need an 18mm female to slide over the male with a 14mm male end to slide into the PWT.
7LUprnu.jpg

PPL2YMv.jpg

Let me know what options you guys are leaving open! I saw someone with a nice long trumpet stem similar to the female I posted from GBD. Very nice looking!!

As you can tell ... I'm excited.

Tommy10

Will need an adaptor like you posted, for my pwt and 12" beaker, got the 18mm j hook and will get a D020 and Stick to 18mm from there.

Tommy10,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Will need an adaptor like you posted, for my pwt and 12" beaker, got the 18mm j hook and will get a D020 and Stick to 18mm from there.

There's cheaper ones, slightly, but this one seemed the most compact without any extra rings or bulges for looks. As long as you have an 18mm M2M US, you'll be able to mate to 14/18 females with this:

http://goo.gl/LsVJaZ

Tommy10

Is a Chinese 18mm M2M just an "awkward" fit, or is it a case of it could damage the glass on Mi?

Tommy10,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Is a Chinese 18mm M2M just an "awkward" fit, or is it a case of it could damage the glass on Mi?
It's not "Chinese" that's the issue. It's 18mm Males that are 26mm in length: known as iso standard.
US standard (not to be mistaken with glass blown in the US), is an 18mm male that is 23mm long. That extra mm between US and iso puts stress on the heater.

To help clarify, my US M2M is from China. It's a sizing.

There was a picture somewhere around page 50 if I recall correctly that shows a side by side comparison of US and iso. Maybe someone can cough that up.

Tommy10

It's not "Chinese" that's the issue. It's 18mm Males that are 26mm in length: known as iso standard.
US standard (not to be mistaken with glass blown in the US), is an 18mm male that is 23mm long. That extra mm between US and iso puts stress on the heater.

To help clarify, my US M2M is from China. It's a sizing.

Oh awesome! Annoying that there even is a difference to take not of, guess that's what happens when the worlds biggest super power still uses inches :/. As long as I can get all my Miccessories from Dhgate I'll be a happy camper! I gave up hope on this when I figured the Zion would be out February 31st and this sometime after... The prospect of this potentially being soon is exciting! Time to order some batteries and a charger I guess!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Oh awesome! Annoying that there even is a difference to take not of, guess that's what happens when the worlds biggest super power still uses inches :/. As long as I can get all my Miccessories from Dhgate I'll be a happy camper! I gave up hope on this when I figured the Zion would be out February 31st and this sometime after... The prospect of this potentially being soon is exciting! Time to order some batteries and a charger I guess!
My m2m came with a bubbler order. It was luck of the draw. One is US, one is iso, obvi I'm using the US. They're hard to come by, I think someone had luck with a purchase of one, which is around page 50 as well.

I wish someone was for sure selling US m2m for a decent price ... Need them specially made it seems unless you get lucky. Anyone know of anyone other than ogb?

Shit Snacks

As the Milaana gets closer and closer, I'm considering more options for vapor paths.

Just wondering what you guys had in mind to customize your Milaanas with glass, as we all know that's one of the best parts. Wait, don't tell me you were just going to use the stems RBT provided? Nahhh.

I've got a US 18mm m2m which will be the key to all my mating, that 18mm sure has a lot of options when it comes to mates ;) too bad I'm picky on which lucky female he chooses.

First up is my lovely D020-D from Sunshinestore, this will be for the ultimate thick hits and crowd pleasers, and trust me, I'll be getting you guys vids, don't worry.
mgvoS6X.jpg

Ive got a nice 18mm female J hook on the way from greenbuddhashop. I'm thinking it'll look best inverted on the Milaana, rather than inverting the Milaana on the J Hook. Only time will tell though. We'll see. I'll probably do both.
XHNbZER.jpg

I'm considering ordering this for those lazy days when you don't even want to move a finger, let alone an entire arm, to vape. This I'll just sit ontop of the M2M, as it's an 18mm female. $20 from glass blowers direct.

lITD1wC.jpg

Good thing there's other ways to get wet besides bubblers and water pipes. Up next is the vapexhale recycler HT from sunshine store. This thing might be too heavy on the Milaana, would love to hear what you guys think. Good thing is, it's 18mm female. If someone has one, let us know what the weight is like and how it would affect the pressure on the Milaana heater. Don't know if the weight goes directly on the heater, or if there is a ridge so the weight sits just above the heater. Can someone clarify?
fs4T7AR.jpg

If you want something like the Pinnacle Water Tool, just to add a bit of water but still maintain taste, you can get from Sunshinestore for around $20. Unfortunately, it's 14mm, so you'll need an 18mm female to slide over the male with a 14mm male end to slide into the PWT.
7LUprnu.jpg

PPL2YMv.jpg

Let me know what options you guys are leaving open! I saw someone with a nice long trumpet stem similar to the female I posted from GBD. Very nice looking!!

As you can tell ... I'm excited.

I used Milaana with my Evolver HydraTree before the move, it is indeed a heavy strain so recommended to use two hands so not to risk damage or warranty void. It sits better on Zion but still same precautions should be taken.

When I invert Zion on my D020 canned inline honeycomb from Kathy, or my FC-Mod vase showerhead, I don't let it sit there, its just there for the hit, then I pull it off and set it down and leave the 18mm GonG bowl in the bubbler after clearing. Much like the LSV or how I used UD, and will use HI.

and for the pwnt, its perfect for Zion tech, but i have to recommend the official over any knockoff bc they are too short and do not work well at all in my experience, now that I have the real thing it is definitely more functional. Can't speak for variations like f-bomb, but China wise seems they don't quite have it (sunshinestore at least... I do want to try that recycler though some day)

@Tommy10 good to see you back here man (and not just your evil twin 11 who I saw in the VapCap thread a while ago ;)) sounds like you have some catching up to do! There's more useful adapter talk in Zion, but I think some basics were discussed here before and fortunately its not quite as long, but both unfortunately have some crap to wade through...

Tommy10

@Shit Snacks
With the no international Zion shipping and my assumption this would come after the Zion, I haven't been keeping up at all. I don't think I'm going to go too mad to start with, two U.S M2M and a 14/18 m2f and I'll be set. Excited to be able to run something through the bong that can't truely showcase vapor bonging to my combustion hardener friends. Vapcap has impressed a lot of my friends through water just for its similarity to smoking a cone... I think the Mi clouds will really tickle them.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks
With the no international Zion shipping and my assumption this would come after the Zion, I haven't been keeping up at all. I don't think I'm going to go too mad to start with, two U.S M2M and a 14/18 m2f and I'll be set. Excited to be able to run something through the bong that can't truely showcase vapor bonging to my combustion hardener friends. Vapcap has impressed a lot of my friends through water just for its similarity to smoking a cone... I think the Mi clouds will really tickle them.

Fair enough bud!

I can't wait til I've got more VapCap products to test through water, it is pretty damn cool.

Milaana is kinda like Lily through water, a sure fire way to milk a small bowl real quick...

Now if I could only unpack my glass to show it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom