Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptVapor

Apologies if this is a stupid question but if I order now will I still be in the first batch of units shipped? I'm already waiting on a Zion but as I'm planning a June road trip I'm hoping to have one of RBT's units with me for the road :D

hippogriff

Apologies if this is a stupid question but if I order now will I still be in the first batch of units shipped? I'm already waiting on a Zion but as I'm planning a June road trip I'm hoping to have one of RBT's units with me for the road :D
Good question, no real answer tho, this is product development. Things can move real fast and then no public progress till, well, there is. There was a batch of 40 or so being readied to test out the process before going bigger, I doubt you'd be in there w a new order, but that plan could change, too.

Z-team, can you tell us anything? Is the slightly hotter heater being implemented?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good question, no real answer tho, this is product development. Things can move real fast and then no public progress till, well, there is. There was a batch of 40 or so being readied to test out the process before going bigger, I doubt you'd be in there w a new order, but that plan could change, too.

Z-team, can you tell us anything? Is the slightly hotter heater being implemented?

@CaptVapor I posted about that a page or two ago what a new order can expect.

And yeah, heard from RBT that all Milaana will be slightly hotter/faster as I had recommended

GTAVaper

Has anyone with a Milaana tried running them with Sony VTC5's?

From the discharge curves it looks like this battery would outperform the LG HE4 ......although they are a little more pricey and they should be purchased from a dependable source since they are counterfeited a lot.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

From the discharge curves it looks like this battery would outperform the LG HE4 ......although they are a little more pricey and they should be purchased from a dependable source since they are counterfeited a lot.
Hola FC:
I bought the VTC4's for the eVic Mini and the Milaana. They work great on the mod and they last long. Can't tell exactly how long. I believe there's a function on the mod that tells you how many puffs or vaping time, etc etc.
Stay vaped my friends...

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: ragnorokk

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

That could hold true, as my LGs from RBT definitely outperform the Samsung 25Rs from Amazon. I don't have any Sonys or others though (and only a beta Milaana of course)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: ragnorokk

GTAVaper

Actually, I would have to disagree with you there.

Since the Milaana is unregulated and beta-testers have already stated that it is not a matter of capacity since the Milaana stops working at optimum long before it drops to 3.6v then it is a matter of how the cell will behave in the upper portion of the discharge curve.

This is also why the LG HE4 performs better than the Samsung 25R's - which is what the beta testers have also reported and the HE2 is not the same battery as an HE4 so that would also give different performance.

The LG HG2's and Samsung 30Q's are awesome 20A batteries (although Samsung calls the 30Q a 15A battery - underrated IMO) and have even greater capacity than the HE4's & 25R's but I don't believe they would perform as well because of how the initial portion of the discharge curve compares to the HE4's curve.

This is why I am wondering whether anyone with a digital multimeter has measured the current and voltage draw of the unregulated Milaana on a fresh battery as well as on a battery that has begun to lose its effectiveness in heating to see what these values are and how many W's the heater is outputting in both battery states.

I think that from what I've heard so far the battery when at the end of its effective usefulness for the Milaana will actually not be anywhere near its outputted capacity rating.......so a higher capacity will not give you more heating time with the Milaana than one that provides higher voltages under a high drain in the early portion of the discharge curve.

But to check and see what battery would be the absolute optimum - you need to know the current drain and what W the heater needs to be outputting when it is operating optimally to see where the voltage sag occurs in the discharge curve where the battery will no longer be as effective.

Although both are high drain 20A batteries (HE4 & 25R) - one is performing better than the other......even though both are not going anywhere near through their entire capacity when no longer as effective in heating the Milaana. All that I am trying to do is find that one battery that performs best at the initial portion of the discharge curve ......if that is what the power demands of the Milaana will require to perform at its best.

So far, from the curves that I've seen on Lygate battery comparator and Dampfakkus.de the Sony VTC5 seems to be able to produce the most power in the early portions of the discharge curve.

If I am wrong in my thinking then I would like to know from someone with a greater knowledge base of battery performance who can explain why this reasoning would be incorrect :huh:

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I am with a majority of you and like the idea of a regulated device, I will probably buy the zion when production catches up

having said that... having meditated some...
FUCK REGULATION @Shit Snacks said it best 'a battery powered lily' for those who haven't tried one...thats saying alot!

My only concern is concentrate usage with the Milaana, I know zion goes to 11 for concentrates...but with milaana is it just hold for longer?

Someone posted battery info. I just want to make sure that my LUC V4 will work with the Milaana. Does anyone know?
Stab in the dark...yes that battery charger will be suited for charging your 18650's

unless of course you got some type of counterfeit ready to 'blow up' charger...but the chances of that are pretty slim.

The charger won't effect milaanas usage like the battery it's self. From what my Google search tells me, it ain't a bad charger.

Last edited:

little maggie

I am with a majority of you and like the idea of a regulated device, I will probably buy the zion when production catches up

having said that... having meditated some...
FUCK REGULATION @Shit Snacks said it best 'a battery powered lily' for those who haven't tried one...thats saying alot!

My only concern is concentrate usage with the Milaana, I know zion goes to 11 for concentrates...but with milaana is it just hold for longer?

Stab in the dark...yes that battery charger will be suited for charging your 18650's

unless of course you got some type of counterfeit ready to 'blow up' charger...but the chances of that are pretty slim.

The charger won't effect milaanas usage like the battery it's self. From what my Google search tells me, it ain't a bad charger.
Thanks. I've been using if for months with my Air batteries with no problem. I just don't understand the talk about discharging and drainage. I think I ordered batteries when I ordered the Milaana so hopefully those will work ok.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Has there been any discussion of using powerbanks with the milaana?
How would you do that? There is no usb port on board. The 18650's are like mini powerbanks.

You could have a USB battery charger and a powerbank to power that, but there would be too much power lost in transfer to make it worth it (imo).

Thanks. I've been using if for months with my Air batteries with no problem. I just don't understand the talk about discharging and drainage. I think I ordered batteries when I ordered the Milaana so hopefully those will work ok.
I only semi-understand it myself. I have an ecig for wax and the different batteries I have (an efest, a Sony and an lg) one of each. All preform slightly different in the same device. The efest takes longer to make vapor than the other two, but it seems to hold a charge a little longer.
Just to note...I'm high during most of these observations.

GTAVaper

The batteries that come with the Milaana are probably the best bang for the buck and will work well......however, because of the unregulated nature of the heater the voltage will not be constant and voltage supplied will drop with usage.

Every battery model has a unique discharge curve for different current draws.....both static constant or pulsed.....although VTC5's would offer less performance due to its capacity with low current applications.....at high drain it retains a higher voltage for a longer portion of its initial discharge.

The HE4's will work very well but I am just attempting to identify the very best battery that would fit the heaters requirements.....even if there is a premium to be paid to purchase these cells.

As for power banks ......I suppose you could custom build one but those on the consumer market for laptop use are lucky if they achieve 4.5A max discharge......such as with my RAVPower 23000 mAh power bank.....which is likely far too low a current for the Milaana heater

OyVape

All this battery talk goes mostly over my head, and this may have been posted already, but the Xtar VC4 charger seems to get high marks. Apparently it can raise batteries from the dead (happy Easter for those who believe!), and has a very informative digital readout showing charge progress etc. Since I don't already have a suitable charger I would probably get this one or the LUC4, which seems to also work off the grid.

But I'm waiting to hear if RBT is including a charger with the Milaana. Seems kinda doubtful though, given that he is selling them as separate accessories.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@GTAVaper how would you connect the powerbank to milaana? #weird science :whoa:
giphy.gif

:leaf:

AJS

Calm Consistency
The HE4's will work very well but I am just attempting to identify the very best battery that would fit the heaters requirements.....even if there is a premium to be paid to purchase these cells.
Understand exactly what you mean when you talk about the curve. I'm not battery savvy, so I don't have an answer, but hopefully someone will be able to measure the voltage discharge and find which batteries perform the best at the higher end of that curve...as, like you said, and has been discussed, that is the part of the curve that matters with the Milaana.

It reminds me of when MFLB introduced the glyph batteries. The eneloops and powerex had a slow decline curve, whereas the glyph batteries managed to hold their power without declining, but would ultimately just cut off, whereas the enelopps and powerex would slowly die out and it was very apparent when they were reaching their decline. (I never measured this, it was just apparent through experience.)

I want glyph batteries for the milaana. Understood?

Edit:

giphy.gif

Would somehow have to make a rechargeable powerbank, that could connect to a battery, and use that battery in the Milaana with wires hanging out of the Milaana to the powerbank?

Or just have a portable charger...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@AJS what about the swivel cover? Wouldn't that just guillotine any wires you would attempt to connect to the battery?

From what I can deduct, it doesn't seem like there is too much room for play in this vape.

But I don't think I would personally hook a powerbank up either.

4x18650's with a car/wall charger will be enough for me (for this vape) I'm certain.

WakeAndVape,

AJS

Calm Consistency
what about the swivel cover? Wouldn't that just guillotine any wires you would attempt to connect to the battery?

That was my first thought as well. No clue how to work around that.

Just proposing a point for the sake of answering pretty much lol.

GTAVaper

giphy.gif

I wouldn't build a power bank way too easy just to swap batteries out......but it could be done.....but then that would defeat the purpose of having such a portable vape.

However, I would prefer to purchase the best performing batteries that I can find for this vaporizer

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yeah, I noticed that too.....and changed it....damn tiny keyboard on the smart phone......that combined with auto correct can provide for some entertainment at times

But seriously doesn't anyone else strap on their cape before vaping?
I do but some times the cape doesn't fit in the pillow fort!

I hear you on having the best batteries though!
but you have me thinking...could you rig an 18650 to charge wirelessly? then you could sit milaana on a wireless charging pad... that would be dope

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I spoke about 26650 batteries a long time ago. They offer high discharge amp's and have more mah's, the overall dimension adds another 8mm to the diameter which is nothing really and they fit in all the chargers people have been mentioning.
If you were to use an external power bank it could be wired to a 'dummy battery' quite easily with no worries about cutting into the cables with the copper piece.
As long as people are well aware of the no vapor = no power situation they will be fine.
As an example, if your regular green of choice in your single battery gives you great results for a couple of bowls then that's all good. If the same situation gives really poor vapor then be safe and stop using that battery. Stick it in the charger and see how much power is left in it.
If you don't get any vapor and it's due to low battery power and you keep pushing that button you could end up with a fuked battey or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom