Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
What happens if you forget to take the battery out, put it in your pocket & the 'on' is accidentally depressed?
It will heat as long as the button is held.
It's been discussed.

Pretty sure you can discharge an entire battery in 1 hold without it completely damaging (breaking) the unit, although it's obviously highly looked down upon (and will most likely ruin the heater). Apparently it'll charr, but won't catch fire or anything, but remember, that's an entire battery drained in 1 press.

It was discussed somewhere, forgot where. Maybe the zion thread.

Last edited:
What happens if you forget to take the battery out, put it in your pocket & the 'on' is accidentally depressed?

All this talk of ruined batteries and destroyed heaters and personal injury...put that in the could happen category although with the Zion at least, RBT tested the extreme -- constant on through a full battery drain -- and the worst that happened was darkening of the exterior wood.

Probably the better question is what likely would happen: You'd feel the heat and correct the problem well before any damage to you, the Milaana, or the battery.

I really hope RBT pulls off the march estimated date.. Not because of my own impatience, but because he will be put through the wringer if he doesn't.

There seems to be a small group of "I told you so" types who apparently want him to fail. Missing dates (even at "80% certainty") will be plenty of ammunition for the newest w(b)itchhunt, and frankly I've been waiting to shut these folks down.

At any rate I think he should of kept the release under his hat, or atleast implied soon rather than a specific month. To prevent this sort of thing from potentially happening. To be clear I'm not complaining, but I can hear it already (likely from folks who didn't even preorder).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The heater will be on as long as the button is depressed so it will heat up and waste battery life. A prolonged depress could cause damage to the heater but I believe it was said that it would need to be pressed for 30 seconds or something like that.

Yeah that was Zion. I don't know how long it is considered "safe" to hold Milaana button for, I've never needed to hold it more than like 15 seconds and that's on a low battery, usually it's way less even. Still it might also make it through unscathed, just scorched, I'm sure RBT is testing for this here as well.

In any case, it is unlikely for a button to depressed accidentally for that long imo, but not impossible... btw I was in the store the other day and it seems like a sleek digital camera clamshell case might be perfect for Milaana, might even fit the stem and battery too

AJS

Calm Consistency
btw I was in the store the other day and it seems like a sleek digital camera clamshell case might be perfect for Milaana, might even fit the stem and battery too
Can't go wrong with the eGo case too

EDIT: I purchased one of these, and used 2 lighter to replicate the size of the Milaana...
I could fit the "milaana", "stem", and quite a few batteries, and easily a spot to stash a little altoids tin of pre-ground, or a doob toob. Super handy...Can slide into cargo pockets easy, as well as some sweats or gym shorts.

Last edited:

Mrbrown81k

Sorry maybe its already been discussed but what actually comes with the device when you order it , and what else should I be ordering with it? Also should I expect a large fee at customs being that Im in Canada? Just want to know how much this will cost me in the end, seems cheap at 129$US but when all is said in done might end up costing me 250$CAD+

AJS

Calm Consistency
Sorry maybe its already been discussed but what actually comes with the device when you order it , and what else should I be ordering with it? Also should I expect a large fee at customs being that Im in Canada? Just want to know how much this will cost me in the end, seems cheap at 129$US but when all is said in done might end up costing me 250$CAD+

Definitely two stems in final kit, probably one short one long, definitely one battery and a case, maybe two batts, and maybe an i2 charger too. All still unknowns at this point

2 pages back

Might need to order a charger (cheap), and extra batts (cheap)
Will add, at most, $25 to the order. Chargers can be $15, and two batts can be $10.

TheRobbo

Cost me 220$ In Australian but because its under 1000 there is no duty. Oh I do miss the days of a few years back when it was 1$Au to 1$Us Sure did make paying for my Cera more bearable :rockon:
I guess its better for world health to be back to normal again though. Till Trump gets the top job brings back water boarding or worse and starts WW3. He is not really gonna win is he?:worms:
Sorry derail over! Continue

TheRobbo,
Reactions: GTAVaper

Shannock

Wow there are some bad vibes around RBT now! I still stand by my previous post when first pre-ordering the Single that I didn't expect to see it before the summer! I've had no issues with the concept of a pre-order although it is disappointing that he has gone awol as far comms is concerned seeing as he regularly put info out until recently(Although I totally understand why he dropped out! )
All I know is I just got a xtar vp1 charger and check for my email everyday! :drool:

AJS

Calm Consistency
All I know is I just got a xtar vp1 charger and check for my email everyday! :drool:
Lol yep. Got my charger and batts, been checking email and rbt page religiously for the past week or two lol.

Which reminds me. I'll post the cheapest places, coupons codes, etc for chargers and batteries if it's permitted. I wanna wait til page 50 so it's an easy reference point to go back to. Hope that's not against the rules to post 3rd party accessories for the vape?

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm all set for either. The Zion folk are going to be unhappy if the Milaana comes first.

Yeah I ordered early February so I assumed Mi was coming faster for me. For those that ordered around August, I could see how that would be very upsetting :(
The thing is, he has a team building the Milaana. He himself is working on fixing Zion issues and ensuring it never happens again. Just two very different situations. Not saying it's right, just saying that if the Zion is released later, it should be understood as to why.
Unbelievably excited for my Milaana though...more excited than for my Zion. ... Probably because it's so close.

little maggie

Yeah I ordered early February so I assumed Mi was coming faster for me. For those that ordered around August, I could see how that would be very upsetting :(
The thing is, he has a team building the Milaana. He himself is working on fixing Zion issues and ensuring it never happens again. Just two very different situations. Not saying it's right, just saying that if the Zion is released later, it should be understood as to why.
Unbelievably excited for my Milaana though...more excited than for my Zion. ... Probably because it's so close.
This is new information to me. I didn't realize that a whole team is working on Milaana. Is that known on the Zion thread?

little maggie,

AJS

Calm Consistency
This is new information to me. I didn't realize that a whole team is working on Milaana. Is that known on the Zion thread?
Whole team is 2 people. It was in the update I believe.
"The 40 unit build is going smoothly at the new factory and both production workers are learning the process quickly."
I would hope it's known or people aren't doing their homework!:lol:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I had an expected 4 month wait on my Zion. Caught up on all the reading....I would read the Milaana thread but the majority of milestones have been highlighted in the past month or so, so I don't really find a need to.

The light was a cool feature, but I think the unit is better as a whole without it. Made the process way smoother for the most part imo.

Maybe we can talk to @Ratchett about making a clip for the Milaana, that goes around the button, to prevent accidental pressing of the button. Seems simple enough.

Anyways, I'm rambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom