Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Sorry maybe its already been discussed but what actually comes with the device when you order it , and what else should I be ordering with it? Also should I expect a large fee at customs being that Im in Canada? Just want to know how much this will cost me in the end, seems cheap at 129$US but when all is said in done might end up costing me 250$CAD+

I don't think it would be that much. The trick is for RBT to use US Mail as the carrier when shipping overseas on these preorders. If he uses FedEx or UPS, you could get hit with some heavier customs charges because they charge a handling fee.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Welp, we hit page 50, and as promised, I'll list everything needed to get started with the Milaana. I've done some price comparisons, quality comparisons, and have found these options to be the very best, but don't quote me on that.

Batteries:
Almost positive RBT uses LG 20A High discharge 3.7v 2500mah batteries, in other words, LGDBHE41865 (LG 18650HE4). After much web searching and reddit reading, one of the most reputable vendor I could find is Illumn.
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...18650he4-2500mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html
These seem to be the exact batteries, and I ordered 3. Very cheap, reputable, and will provide free shipping if you can match with enough people to, I believe, $40. Not exactly sure though on the free shipping quote, but somewhere around there. If not, shipping is around $4.20
Three batteries for me AND a 4 pack case holder (already came with a 2 pack holder because I ordered over 2+ batteries) came out to $20.15 shipped. Again, that is three batteries, a 2 pack holder, and a 4 pack holder.

Chargers: (Every price you see is BEFORE coupon codes!) I believe coupon code LVsocial17 (17% off) still works (you receive it by liking their facebook page upon checkout), also, LV15 (15% off) should most certainly work. This website provides free shipping!!!!
Now...you can also get chargers from Illumn, but I found a less expensive option, already received mine, and have verified the serial number that it is indeed authentic. I recommend the Digitals, either 2 or 4, depending on your usage, how many friends you have that like to vape, and how many other vapes you have that can use this charger.

The i4: http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...r-for-li-ion-nimh-nicd-18560-500-350-aa-aaa-c ($20)
This is the most economic option. Four slots, great price ($20 so you don't need to click on ink). Doesn't have digial readout, but instead has bars to indicate how charged your batteries are.
(the i2 is also an option but isn't listed on this site, seek elsewhere)

The D2: http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/nitecore-d2-digicharger ($21)
This is the cheapest digial version of the nitecore series, as it only has two slots, but gives a nice digital readout of the mA charging, the voltage, time charged, and level of battery life. Can also change the rate of charge if you wish.

The D4: http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/nitecore-d4-digicharger-1 ($25.50)
Exact same thing as the D4, except with the 4 slots as opposed to 2.

Don't forget, all the prices listed above are BEFORE the COUPONS! Just add one of the coupons I listed for a better deal!

Charger was $22.65 for me out the door (after tax) and I got the D4 using a coupon code listed.

Keep in mind! Lots of people enjoy using Xtar chargers. I have absolutely no understanding of these chargers, and so my research wouldn't be as accurate as for the Nitecore chargers. If you find an awesome link for Xtar, with good prices, and proven reputable, feel free to toss it my way and I'll add it to the list.

Battery Cases:
B
attery safety is VERY important! Always have space to store your batteries, and never carry loose batteries in your pocket!!!!!

I think the best way to go about cases, is just add them to your Illumn order when you snag batteries!

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...rriers/battery-carriers.html?___store=default
Any of these will do fine, there are way too many cases to go over. I got the standard 2 pack holder and 4 pack holder (2 pack comes free with a 2+ battery purchase from Illumn).

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...1-x-18650-silicone-holder-dayglow-yellow.html
The Silicone Sleeve (Holder) are absolutely amazing for carrying a single extra battery around in your pocket, or just leaving it out on the table, ensuring it's protected.
I have been to 3 vape shops/smoke shops now, that sell 18650s, and none of the stores sold these silicone sleeve holders. I talked to the shop about battery safety, and got all three to promise me that they will order some for the safety of their customers. Please try to pass this on!!

The belt clips are for those fancying a fanny pack...Not for me...but I don't judge.

http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/battery-cases
The first link I posted, for the chargers, also sells cases, just nowhere near the variety. IF they provide free shipping on the cases, that would be a reason to buy them independently from Illumn's batteries.

Milaana Storage:
I picked up an eGo case from a vape shop for $5, literally $5. It has a netted elastic that the Milaana/Stem would slide into, and it has elastic slots for batteries. Should be able to hold around 4 batteries, maybe more, maybe a few less. Left it at home so can't check with my new 18650s, but it held about 4 lighters and a bunch of D batteries that I threw it for the purpose of testing space. Should be no issue with the Milaana.

End:
Hope you guys found some value in this post. As I mentioned earlier, I specifically waited until page 50, so if in the future anyone asks, page 50 can be used as an easy reference for information. I will add to this if needed.

My total cost for 3 batteries, one D4 chargers, a 2 pack case and a 4 pack case, came out to be:
$20.15 (batteries/cases) + $22.65 (charger) = $42.80.

Don't forget, a D4 charger can be used for much more than just charging your Milaana batteries! It's still a high quality charger!! And if it's out of your budget, snag something cheaper, no worries!

Also, 3 batteries is a rather large amount of batteries, especially if the Milaana comes with two. Two of the batteries I purchased are going to my Zion, so a purchase of 3 batteries isn't at all required. One or two extra batteries seem to be perfect by how people are describing the Milaana.

Hope this can help people find what they need to get started!

Last edited:

vaplen

7xtfc.gif

@AJS just messing with you. I did read ;)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I hope this hasn't been asked in a while, apologies if so...but did they already reach 40 milaanas sold mark yet?

Just curious, because I ordered a few days ago and I hope that doesn't mean I'll have to wait too long...I have been doing a good job of not Obsessing about it everyday

Hope it's here for 'green Christmas' (4/20)

Last edited:

natural farmer

I hope this hasn't been asked in a while, apologies if so...but did they already reach 40 milaanas sold mark yet?

Just curious, because I ordered a few days ago and I hope that doesn't mean I'll have to wait too long...I have been doing a good job of not assessing get about it everyday

Hope it's here for 'green Christmas' (4/20)
I find it a little strange myself they haven't sold out Milaanas yet... :hmm:

AJS

Calm Consistency
He's building inventory as he hears from the beta team about heater configurations, I believe.
I'm assuming he's waiting until his date (late March early April) to send out a big batch.
But we should be getting an update pretty soon that should clear up where he's at. Until then, all we know is what we were left with.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I know social pressure does nothing for/to RBT...I wouldn't expect him to change his ways now...I cant remember if it was @grokit or @Shit Snacks or maybe it was someone else else all together, but they said when the zion was starting to ship, that the USB(now milaana) was under the initial 40 units targeted for pre-orders and that was confirmed by RBT, i ended up waiting to order longer than I would have liked to and still have my fingers crossed that I make it to the 'big initial batch'...we'll see...

@natural farmer...I'm with you, it's a complete mystery!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I know social pressure does nothing for/to RBT...I wouldn't expect him to change his ways now...I cant remember if it was @grokit or @Shit Snacks or maybe it was someone else else all together, but they said when the zion was starting to ship, that the USB(now milaana) was under the initial 40 units targeted for pre-orders and that was confirmed by RBT, i ended up waiting to order longer than I would have liked to and still have my fingers crossed that I make it to the 'big initial batch'...we'll see...

@natural farmer...I'm with you, it's a complete mystery!

Yeah, as far we know it could be different now. There were 40 bodies, but given the time, and scaling up of the manufacturing facility, it is possible that more were able to be made as well. Especially if the goal is to get then out to retailers soon after. If not, I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to get more rolling out, and I am presuming any pre orders past 40 would just be part of that batch. I don't believe he is limiting then to 40 or 50 orders necessarily anymore, but it is also extremely possible there have not been 40 Milaana orders yet. I know there were even some refunds, so all we know about demand here is nothing really. Can seem like more or less than it is based on those who choose to post and those who don't.

I wish that he would appoint someone here to communicate about the 2 vaporizers and their status kind of like Haze did with Scott. Although without payment.

Yeah i love how Haze ended up hiring @scottg402, they really scored an amazing asset! I think eventually RBT will bring on dedicated reps, but only after things get going with retail probably. Until then, yes @grokit you know that I will continue to take it upon myself to share whatever whenever wherever I can! Right now it seems @RastaBuddhaTao is neck deep busy getting things together, hopefully we will hear from the big man himself very soon...

GTAVaper

Do any of the beta testers for the Milaana have a DMM to test what the max draw current the heater is pulling?

Just doing a little research with battery discharge curves and along with the terminal effective voltage - I was wondering what amperage that voltage is being delivered to the heater. Just wanted to check if LG HG2, HB4 or HB6 would be a better match than the HE4.

At 20A and under I think that the HG2 would outperform the HE4 and for over 30A - the HB4/HB6 would out perform the HE4 for pulsed loading over 30A (which the Milaana would simulate) the HB4 would likely be the best.

The HB4 and HB6 are much lower capacity (1500mAh) but it seems like it isn't a capacity issue that limits the Milaana battery life but rather a voltage/amp draw limitation at higher power levels.

I suppose if the heater is tuned to be a little hotter in the final tweaking that these number would change - but it would be nice to know (pun alert :)) what the "current" data would be?

Last edited:

Tommy10

Ordered on of these back in September/October last year, with an email address I don't have anymore and a card I no longer have, anyone know the best way to get onto rbt to update shipping/contact info.

Tommy10,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ordered on of these back in September/October last year, with an email address I don't have anymore and a card I no longer have, anyone know the best way to get onto rbt to update shipping/contact info.

The website has a form, he should see it there.

@GTAVaper sorry don't even know what that is :lol:

spoutti

My take on the 80% shipping estimate is rbt has 4 parts to build the mileena in and waiting for 1 to come. If thats the case, I like our odds :).

AJS

Calm Consistency
My take on the 80% shipping estimate is rbt has 4 parts to build the mileena in and waiting for 1 to come. If thats the case, I like our odds :).
Ha. I hope!
"There's an 80% chance your Milaana will be complete, well, because, I technically only have 80% of the parts. But I gotchu guys!"

but it would be nice to know (pun alert :)) what the "current" data would be?
Thanks for the current heads up, woulda been too many volts to handle for how amped I am for this Milaana.

Edric al-Fali

I am having trouble convincing people to preorder. They are waiting for me to get mine to see how it handles. I have at least one person convinced to buy one once he sees mine. He's looking for a relatively inexpensive and reliable portable vaporizer. I pointed him towards the Milaana as his first choice.

I'm all set for either. The Zion folk are going to be unhappy if the Milaana comes first.
That's why I got both.

Last edited:

Mulehead

Exactly, that's why I don't even try to get others to pre-order. The only ones that can do this are the ones that already have this vaporizer technology in hand, because they are the only ones that can testify.

And testify I will my brothers & sisters!!!

The technology at this price is just ridiculous!
I looked at all my other devices that have been collecting dust A.Z. (After Zion) and couldn't bring myself to do the math!

I do think the Milaana will be for some, but others will prefer the Zion.
I think I'll still lean towards the Zion.
I like having the regulated power.
I've practiced with the Zion turned up all the way, and always have more enjoyable sessions regulating to my sweet spot.
I will soon find out as I was an early preorder for RBT's entire lineup.
A.Z. I'll be snagging up any and all future RBT creations that fit my needs as well.

Now Testify!!!

spoutti

I too prefer regulated. Like my solo and mighty. Im used to rely on numbers vs feelings. They are more reliable imho. Vaping at max 195-200 celcius daytime makes a notable difference imhe. But, if I want portable powerful no-stir on-demand tasty convection clouds soon, mileena is a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom