Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgod

Last edited by a moderator:

almost there

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
http://imgur.com/NG4s2m2

Heres a pic of the break

Its just the color, i loved the color it added to the uniqueness off it

One of my stems has a similar break and I have still been able to use it. Maybe mine was not as deep, but I was able to seat the screen a little deeper in the stem and it was still airtight when in the Milaana.
You could also try to sand down the broken bits to make it usable (and safer). I have used 60-80 grit sandpaper on my glass stems.

Edit-to fix quote tags

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
You could also try to sand down the broken bits to make it usable (and safer). I have used 60-80 grit sandpaper on my glass stems.

Edit-to fix quote tags

+1

120 grit will do the job too. Just be sure to use running tap water while sanding for safety reasons.
The conical joint does still look usable, if you are being cautious. Of course, I'm sorry for you and it's rather an emergency option :(

Would a colored long stem help ya too? You could order some blue ones from mountainglass.com and cut em down?
Also check out that UK glass shop I linked earlier, about a page back , for regular transparent stems for cheap. They should at least make your Mi usable again?

If neither of these options would work out:
I guess I don't have a blue one, but if you would cover the shipping, I'd send you one. Just contact me :)

All the best. We RBTs stick together :)

Last edited:

cgod

+1

120 grit will do the job too. Just be sure to use running tap water while sanding for safety reasons.
The conical joint does still look usable, if you are being cautious. Of course, I'm sorry for you and it's rather an emergency option :(

Would a colored long stem help ya too? You could order some blue ones from mountainglass.com and cut em down?
Also check out that UK glass shop I linked earlier, about a page back , for regular transparent stems for cheap. They should at least make your Mi usable again?

If neither of these options would work out:
I guess I don't have a blue one, but if you would cover the shipping, I'd send you one. Just contact me :)

All the best. We RBTs stick together :)
Thanks man

sickmanfraud

http://imgur.com/NG4s2m2

Heres a pic of the break

Its just the color, i loved the color it added to the uniqueness off it

IMO you can still use the stem. Be careful when you load it. If this was the part that went into the mouth my response would be very different.

If you have any ability to fire polish the cut you can make it less dangerous.

vapen00b

IMO you can still use the stem. Be careful when you load it. If this was the part that went into the mouth my response would be very different.

If you have any ability to fire polish the cut you can make it less dangerous.

@cgod If you decide to still use it (which you could IMO), please flame polish or sand the edges finely to play it safe. Don't risk inhaling micro particles of glass or glass dust!!!

Let us know how it turned out - don't hesitate to PM me, if you need help.

Good luck!

:peace:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Had a bit of a play and mated the VC with my Mi.
It works but needs a bit more fettling to be 100%.
OkvP5WRm.jpg
rgRE6ADm.jpg

vapen00b

Had a bit of a play and mated the VC with my Mi.
It works but needs a bit more fettling to be 100%.
OkvP5WRm.jpg
rgRE6ADm.jpg

Thanks friggin' great mate!! Love it! :nod::clap::luv:

Do you plan on making 18mm wooden stems for the Mi/Zi?? Please say yes, please say, yes, yes, yes, yes?? :D I know you're pretty swamped but maybe something for the (nearest possible ;)) future?
Loving the @Alan stems with included glass tube... If you could do something like that...:love:

How is the Mi learning curve goin'? Judging from the vid you're up there already.... literally hi!:D :)

Keep up the great work mate!
:peace:

cgod

Thanks alot guys youve made me feel much better, just purchased 120 sandpaper which im going to use on it and hopefuly i can use my stem until i get the replacement, also i have an honest jet butane torch, but i do not know or think i can use this to treat the glass? Should i just stick to the sandpaper?

vapen00b

Thanks alot guys youve made me feel much better, just purchased 120 sandpaper which im going to use on it and hopefuly i can use my stem until i get the replacement, also i have an honest jet butane torch, but i do not know or think i can use this to treat the glass? Should i just stick to the sandpaper?

I'd sand the edges as you have the tools at hand. Do not apply much pressure and be sure to use water.

Good luck! :)

vapenerd

He can't answer, he's still in awe!
Haha, yeah. The Mi is definitely the most beautiful vape I've ever touched. It feels very special and it looks damn sexy. Today is the last day of my vacation and then it's back to work. I spent all day with the Mi and had the first few sessions with it. Perfect way to spend your day. Loving it!

Some random observations:
  • Very first hit: Flavor effing paradise! The flavor is outstanding. I've never tasted more pure a flavor. I own a MFLB, Solo, Mighty, Dynavap M and tried the Volcano. When it comes to flavor, the Milaana destroys all of them. I think I didn't even hit it right at the first try and the taste was still outstanding.
  • AVB: I used exactly 0.1 gram and hit the Milaana like 8 times through the day. I compared the AVB to the Mighty AVB. Mind blown. Same bud, but the Mi AVB was a lot greener. Don't get me wrong: I love the Mighty and I can take like 10 solid hits from it with a 0.1 gram load in a 10 min session. But the Mi feels very different. It's the first time I use a full convection on-demand vape and it's amazing. I don't know how many more times I could hit this load but the Milaana seems crazy efficient.
  • Is there a learning curve? Oh yes. Messing around with battery, volts and stuff is new for me. From the manual: "With practice you will learn to Milaana (Modulate) the button based on the vapor quality. Adjust preheat, draw speed, suction, pack, grind, screen position, load size and button on/off time to achieve the vapor you desire... You're in control." That sums it up very well. I like messing around with all that and experimenting, so I like the Mi. But it's definitely not a vape for everyone.
  • Vapor quality: Super tasty, but no big clouds. The Mighty and Vapcap M clouds are bigger but they also taste worse than the Milaana. I'm no cloud chaser anyway so I don't really care. Also, I'm sure you can get huge clouds with a Milaana with experience and the right technique. Btw, I used a medium-fine grind and packed lightly.
  • Stems: I only tried the short stem so far. Great experience, not too hot. Regulating the temp with the button is fun, I really like it. I guess it's easier to control vapor production with the long stem though?
  • Screens: Some of the stems I got have no screens in it, but I do have 3 extra screens. How to put them in the stems? I'm a bit afraid of messing the screens or the stems up... any tips?
So yeah, I love the Milaana. It looks great and for me, it's a lot of fun to use. I also wonder if it's the only Milaana in Switzerland. If not, who else owns a Milaana here and when will we meet? Haha :D

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Haha, yeah. The Mi is definitely the most beautiful vape I've ever touched. It feels very special and it looks damn sexy. Today is the last day of my vacation and then it's back to work. I spent all day with the Mi and had the first few sessions with it. Perfect way to spend your day. Loving it!

• Very first hit: Flavor effing paradise! The flavor is outstanding. I've never tasted more pure a flavor. I own a MFLB, Solo, Mighty, Dynavap M and tried the Volcano. When it comes to flavor, the Milaana destroys all of them. I think I didn't even hit it right at the first try and the taste was still outstanding.
  • AVB: I used exactly 0.1 gram and hit the Milaana like 8 times through the day. I compared the AVB to the Mighty AVB. Mind blown. Same bud, but the Mi AVB was a lot greener. Don't get me wrong: I love the Mighty and I can take like 10 solid hits from it with a 0.1 gram load in a 10 min session. But the Mi feels very different. It's the first time I use a full convection on-demand vape and it's amazing. I don't know how many more times I could hit this load but the Milaana seems crazy efficient.
  • Is there a learning curve? Oh yes. Messing around with battery, volts and stuff is new for me. From the manual: "With practice you will learn to Milaana (Modulate) the button based on the vapor quality. Adjust preheat, draw speed, suction, pack, grind, screen position, load size and button on/off time to achieve the vapor you desire... You're in control." That sums it up very well. I like messing around with all that and experimenting, so I like the Mi. But it's definitely not a vape for everyone.
  • Vapor quality: Super tasty, but no big clouds. The Mighty and Vapcap M clouds are bigger but they also taste worse than the Milaana. I'm no cloud chaser anyway so I don't really care. Also, I'm sure you can get huge clouds with a Milaana with experience and the right technique. Btw, I used a medium-fine grind and packed lightly.
  • Stems: I only tried the short stem so far. Great experience, not too hot. Regulating the temp with the button is fun, I really like it. I guess it's easier to control vapor production with the long stem though?
  • Screens: Some of the stems I got have no screens in it, but I do have 3 extra screens. How to put them in the stems? I'm a bit afraid of messing the screens or the stems up... any tips?
So yeah, I love the Milaana. It looks great and for me, it's a lot of fun to use. I also wonder if it's the only Milaana in Switzerland. If not, who else owns a Milaana here and when will we meet? Haha :D

Thanks for the great write up!

It will only get better with practice. Think most find bigger clouds possible after getting a better handle on it, too. I know I did!

Screens go in easily if using in "basket" mode. Just use a chopstick or pencil to push the old one out, and the sane to push the new one in. Using something with a little larger diameter is a little better to keep the flat part of screen more flat. It can dome a little when using something smaller if you're not careful, and this will lead to more uneven heating (just have to stir a bit to take care of any issues).

I've come to prefer my screens in "hat" configuration. Just flip the screen so the open end of the basket goes in first. This is a bit trickier and can be hard on the fingers because you have to get all of the edges into the glass at pretty much the same time. Takes a little work, but worth it IMO. Once you get it started it isn't too bad, and use same type of tool to push to desired depth.

Sometimes it helps to have two "sticks" of whatever type so you can align it straight if it starts getting a little lopsided in there.

Benefits of screen in "hat" configuration are: much easier to clean out load without it sticking to sides of screen; more even heating with longer sessions or using with someone else IME because glass will stay warm, but not as hot as screen; can fit a bit more in the chamber; and much easier to clean screens later.

FWIW, I only pull screens and replace with a different one every 3 or 4 cleanings. Easy enough to drop the whole GonG end, screen and all, into some alcohol for 20 - 30 minutes. When you pull it out, hit it as well as you can with a dry toothbrush using alcohol on screen before rinsing. Helps to push screen out to the edge as much as comfortable with. Is usually easy enough to get it back into position if you don't pull it all the way out. A Q-tip can be used to clean any resin buildup on the glass, but keep it away from jagged edges of screen. They will grab cotton off the Q-tip very easily and only real way to clean is pull the screen. Rinse very well with hot water, then blow out as much moisture as you can. Once no drips at all, a few dry pulls with heat from Mi should get her good and dry to be ready for next load.

vapen00b

Thanks for the great write up!

It will only get better with practice. Think most find bigger clouds possible after getting a better handle on it, too. I know I did!

Screens go in easily if using in "basket" mode. Just use a chopstick or pencil to push the old one out, and the sane to push the new one in. Using something with a little larger diameter is a little better to keep the flat part of screen more flat. It can dome a little when using something smaller if you're not careful, and this will lead to more uneven heating (just have to stir a bit to take care of any issues).

I've come to prefer my screens in "hat" configuration. Just flip the screen so the open end of the basket goes in first. This is a bit trickier and can be hard on the fingers because you have to get all of the edges into the glass at pretty much the same time. Takes a little work, but worth it IMO. Once you get it started it isn't too bad, and use same type of tool to push to desired depth.

Sometimes it helps to have two "sticks" of whatever type so you can align it straight if it starts getting a little lopsided in there.

Benefits of screen in "hat" configuration are: much easier to clean out load without it sticking to sides of screen; more even heating with longer sessions or using with someone else IME because glass will stay warm, but not as hot as screen; can fit a bit more in the chamber; and much easier to clean screens later.

FWIW, I only pull screens and replace with a different one every 3 or 4 cleanings. Easy enough to drop the whole GonG end, screen and all, into some alcohol for 20 - 30 minutes. When you pull it out, hit it as well as you can with a dry toothbrush using alcohol on screen before rinsing. Helps to push screen out to the edge as much as comfortable with. Is usually easy enough to get it back into position if you don't pull it all the way out. A Q-tip can be used to clean any resin buildup on the glass, but keep it away from jagged edges of screen. They will grab cotton off the Q-tip very easily and only real way to clean is pull the screen. Rinse very well with hot water, then blow out as much moisture as you can. Once no drips at all, a few dry pulls with heat from Mi should get her good and dry to be ready for next load.

Valid points bro - nice write up as well! :) :tup:

I may add to that in regards to 'cleaning the screens'. Guess I learned this from our vapor fartin' granny knowin' RBT-Vet @HD Springer: Push the gunked up screen to the end of the joint so that it's closest to the heater when inserted. Push the button and drive the heat up there... You will be rewarded with giant chokin' clouds. That's the way to clean you screen most efficiently :D

Also a nice way to reclaim stuff from the glass: use some hemb fiber and form to a disc or something and put it in the stem to filter any particulates and resin. You will end up with a gooey golden brown soft ball ... Take that thing out and put it in your stem bowl-... Then fire that thing up... Did I say giant choking clouds when 'cleaning' the screen? Make this ^2^2 and you will know what dab like shit this is gonna pump out. Great fun - and again, very economical. ;) :D

@vapenerd Enjoy the learning curve. It will become second nature to pull huge clouds... a bit more button time, adapt the draw., not too fast but steady with a good suction ;) let go of the button, pull the residual heat and slightly increase towards the end and.. BADABING BADABOOOOOOOM! :D

Have fun!:)

Last edited:

GetLeft

Thanks man

I'm lucky 'cause my Mi came well equipped. I think I got three 18mm stems out of the box and no breakage with them yet. I confess, I don't use them much. When I do though they make things sing.

I just have to make sure I can get through the stem. To get the 18 mm to perform at its best, I have to load a good bit of nug in there. The way I tend to bounce from one vape to another vape based upon the opportunity at hand--doing usually one hit at a time maybe two--the unconsumed bud in an 18mm stem might end up sitting around a bit and then getting tossed in favor of some fresh.

The DDave 14 mm set up helps me conserve. One of the two DDave 14 mm stems I have fell and broke the other night, and now I gotta get busy re-upping. If I were to break the second one I'd be ... well, I'd be back on the 18 mm stems so that's not really all that bad come to think of it :)

sickmanfraud

Since you are in Switzerland you should look up @funkyjunky who is in also in Switzerland and makes the amazing Tubo-Evic.

given a choice I almost always grab the Tubo over the Milaana or any other vapes.

TeeJay1952

We are vaping the goo on the buds. If you waste your ability to fill your lungs with air as unit brings load to production , you will have no draw left in the sweet spot. Same as with pulling on a bong. Start slow and increase speed as vapor builds :rockon::myday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom