Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Was outside a bar (a bit drunk) while on vaca, dropped my Mi while showing it to someone else who was smoking a J and broke the female GonG! :cry: Fortunately had another vape with me to keep me going, but so bummed! I wrapped it up in tissues before packing to bring home, and can't even bring myself to open it up and take a good look yet. This was my original one (V0? SS mesh bundle in intake), too.

Haven't even had time to check with Ryan about this, but wondering if I should request any updates when I send her in for repair? I do love her the way she is (more than my V2), but seeking input to see what others think.

Thanks!

BTW.... before that she was doing great while I tooled around all over a big city via mass transit. Mostly carried in small shoulder bag or cargo pocket. Waiting for a train/bus? Take a couple hits. Paintings at museum starting to look boring? Take a couple hits. Something to compliment those tasty IPAs at a local brewery? Take a couple hits. Annoying tourists everywhere making the whole world their own personal DisneyLand? Take a couple hits. Need a break from the tasty strong drinks from a pro mixologist? Take a couple hits - but don't drop it on the pavement!!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Was outside a bar (a bit drunk) while on vaca, dropped my Mi while showing it to someone else who was smoking a J and broke the female GonG! :cry: Fortunately had another vape with me to keep me going, but so bummed! I wrapped it up in tissues before packing to bring home, and can't even bring myself to open it up and take a good look yet. This was my original one (V0? SS mesh bundle in intake), too.

Haven't even had time to check with Ryan about this, but wondering if I should request any updates when I send her in for repair? I do love her the way she is (more than my V2), but seeking input to see what others think.

Thanks!

BTW.... before that she was doing great while I tooled around all over a big city via mass transit. Mostly carried in small shoulder bag or cargo pocket. Waiting for a train/bus? Take a couple hits. Paintings at museum starting to look boring? Take a couple hits. Something to compliment those tasty IPAs at a local brewery? Take a couple hits. Annoying tourists everywhere making the whole world their own personal DisneyLand? Take a couple hits. Need a break from the tasty strong drinks from a pro mixologist? Take a couple hits - but don't drop it on the pavement!!

Yeah funny mine was alcohol related as well. Been down the pub - on the way home pulled it out for a quick blast and lost my grip.

Anyway shes guling as we speak. Hopefully no permanent damage.

Mine was sanded with wet and dry sandpaper. Nice finish but does make it a bit slippery.

cgod

Just got the Milaana, i put the battery in screwed it, but getting no heat or vape? I charged it fully..? Abit confused, tried both sides too

cgod,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Removing a washer? (Sorry if im being dumb)

Is it a new Milaana with the safety pick? Is the pick breaking contact or is the battery contacting the copper lid?

Washers are underneath the lid and pick, so removing one would make the lid closer to the battery for connection. Shouldn't be necessary on a new Milaana though, or is this one a used older model?

cgod

Is it a new Milaana with the safety pick? Is the pick breaking contact or is the battery contacting the copper lid?

Washers are underneath the lid and pick, so removing one would make the lid closer to the battery for connection. Shouldn't be necessary on a new Milaana though, or is this one a used older model?
Got a used model, realised to get heat i have to remove the second white lid (with the logo) so the metal lid is touching the battery! Is this a new or old model? Amazing taste!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got a used model, realised to get heat i have to remove the second white lid (with the logo) so the metal lid is touching the battery! Is this a new or old model? Amazing taste!

Haha yes that's what I was getting at. Think of that white lid as your off switch, so you can keep it in your pocket like that without the heater activating by accident. It is newer models that come with that, so even though you got it used, it sounds like a more recent version. Enjoy!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

So..... now that you're getting vapor (hopefully), how are you liking it?

Also, usually a good idea to put that safety on (the white part in your case I think) if there is any possibility the button may get pushed while not in use - like in a pocket. Battery safety with 18650's is never a bad idea.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

Thanks!

Great post bud - but sorry for your mishap :(
Hope you'll get it sorted out soonish... Well, at least you still have yer V2 backup? Or go big AND go home to crank up your Zi :D

@cgod Welcome to the club! If you like, shoot a pic of yours. Always good to see new Milaanas :)
Have fun!

:peace:

TheRobbo

I lost count the amount of times I have done this exact same thing. You are not alone my friend. Only thing is I put the guitar pick there myself and still keep forgetting its there and wondering why no heat... Whats my excuse? :razz:
Welcome to the club I think you are gonna enjoy your stay :tup:
P.S. I think you can tell but I LOVE my Mi

cgod

So..... now that you're getting vapor (hopefully), how are you liking it?

Also, usually a good idea to put that safety on (the white part in your case I think) if there is any possibility the button may get pushed while not in use - like in a pocket. Battery safety with 18650's is never a bad idea.

I have a MFLB, Sticky Brick Hydromaxx and Jr, Lotus, Vapolution 3.0 and Vapcap M.. i used the Milaana yesterday and lets just say its my new go to vape, i have never tasted bud so perfectly before, the taste is seriously amazing

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I have a MFLB, Sticky Brick Hydromaxx and Jr, Lotus, Vapolution 3.0 and Vapcap M.. i used the Milaana yesterday and lets just say its my new go to vape, i have never tasted bud so perfectly before, the taste is seriously amazing

Yeah... Mi can produce some tasty vapor!! Being unregulated, you can easily adjust for every hit. This allows you to pull flavor on first couple hits with less button, than hold button down longer with later hits for simple "temp stepping". This is my favorite thing about it! Especially useful when out on the go for the day. You can temper your hits for damned near any situation - be that the type/intensity of buzz or how much "exhaust" you're blowing out.

Throw in use with a reducer and 14mm GonG, and versatility is damned near endless with a few pieces you can carry in your pocket. When out for the day, I carry a spare batt and the other stem in a 2 batt case, a little brown jar with a mouth that will barely fit the 18mm, and a reducer. This gives hours of versatile vapor - damned near on demand. I like to use an amber stem because it seems to make it look more like an e-cig mod. With a little practice, and a slight breeze, you're able to walk right down the street while you vape discretely!

vapen00b

Hey man,

great to read these lines from someone being new to the Milaana. You hit the jackpot with this little gem for sure! Glad you're liking it.:tup:
And even better to see the word being around for a while, is finally gonna be heard by more people

Too add to the topic
I've been rotating thru my collection for the past 10 days to give my other vapes their reason to be - or check on that ;). While it was enjoying and certainly pleasant in a way, now coming back to the Mi and been face slapped hard (you substitute that with 'punch' or 'face melt') , I can only stress and repeat: there's no unit out there that gives you these SATISFYING full bodied potent and tasty has-it-all hits. It's proven to me once again.
With other vapes I was just 'not there' and consequently over-medicating to chase an imitation of those effects. (GH, FW4, SBJ, VC, MVT... and tubo bein closest to the effects, but lacking a bit of taste as well)
The RBT effects are unrivaled to me - desktop performance in the palm of your hand. Versatile, purest, fast - just push and pull!:nod: :) (that would make for a great 80s instructional commercial aerobic like clip, 'yes, it IS that easy. Just PUSH ... 2..3..4.. and PULL ... 5...6...7...8.. and again... yes, you can do one more, one more, come on! :D)

Anyway, most important thing: I'm back there - by the mercy of LOVE

yep, here she is :love:

IMG_42588f2bc.jpg

Enjoy your Millies everyone!

Last edited:

cgod

Yeah... Mi can produce some tasty vapor!! Being unregulated, you can easily adjust for every hit. This allows you to pull flavor on first couple hits with less button, than hold button down longer with later hits for simple "temp stepping". This is my favorite thing about it! Especially useful when out on the go for the day. You can temper your hits for damned near any situation - be that the type/intensity of buzz or how much "exhaust" you're blowing out.

Throw in use with a reducer and 14mm GonG, and versatility is damned near endless with a few pieces you can carry in your pocket. When out for the day, I carry a spare batt and the other stem in a 2 batt case, a little brown jar with a mouth that will barely fit the 18mm, and a reducer. This gives hours of versatile vapor - damned near on demand. I like to use an amber stem because it seems to make it look more like an e-cig mod. With a little practice, and a slight breeze, you're able to walk right down the street while you vape discretely!
Sounds amazing! Loving it man! Just need to stay hydrated, recently out of nowhere everytime i vape im getting headachs, might be because i dont drink enough beforehand!

Hey man,

great to read these lines from someone being new to the Milaana. You hit the jackpot with this little gem for sure! Glad you're killing it.:tup:
And even better to see the word being around for a while, is finally gonna be heard by more people

Too add to the topic
I've been rotating thru my collection for the past 10 days to give my other vapes their reason to be - or check on that ;). While it was enjoying and certainly pleasant in a way, now coming back to the Mi and been face slapped hard (you substitute that with 'punch' or 'face melt') , I can only stress and repeat: there's no unit out there that gives you these SATISFYING full bodied potent and tasty has-it-all hits. It's proven to me once again.
With other vapes I was just 'not there' and consequently over-medicating to chase an imitation of those effects. (GH, FW4, SBJ, VC, MVT... and tubo bein closest to the effects, but lacking a bit of taste as well)
The RBT effects are unrivaled to me - desktop performance in the palm of your hand. Versatile, purest, fast - just push and pull!:nod: :) (that would make for a great 80s instructional commercial aerobic like clip, 'yes, it IS that easy. Just PUSH ... 2..3..4.. and PULL ... 5...6...7...8.. and again... yes, you can do one more, one more, come on! :D)

IMG_42588f2bc.jpg

What a beauty :love: love the stem!

Last edited by a moderator:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Sounds amazing! Loving it man! Just need to stay hydrated, recently out of nowhere everytime i vape im getting headachs, might be because i dont drink enough beforehand!

I find hydration to be VERY important while vaping!! FWIW, hydration also becomes more of an issue as I get older, too. And, if you're on vaca and partying every night (or even not on vaca), the more water you can get in you the better! I don't get headaches as much as leg cramping, but sometimes headaches, too.

Water is good for you, and I find it is definitely one of those things that more is even better! I try to drink at least a gallon over the course of the day if drinking later (or the day before) - and no less than 3 quarts all the time - especially in the summer. This in addition to coffee, iced tea, beer and the occasional soda.

Try making sure you're not thirsty before vaping (drink a big glass before - at least a pint), and sip while vaped. Or, do like I do when at home and keep a bottle or 2 in the fridge. I'm in there hitting it for 5 - 10 big gulps often throughout the day. Iced tea works well too, but pure water is the best.

btka

Hey man,

great to read these lines from someone being new to the Milaana. You hit the jackpot with this little gem for sure! Glad you're killing it.:tup:

Too add to the topic

IMG_42588f2bc.jpg

nice wooden stem is it from @Alan ? when I will finaly get my milaana from the customs... and have sometime with it I will order one from @Alan (hope I do not need to get on the waiting list for the stem, but I have also to mail @Alan to get on his waiting list for this new vapes (using the rbt heater tech)

I ordered a bare bone mi so I will only have a short stem and I have seen heard if you are aiming for big clouds with the mi it could be harsh with the short stem... but I also could not find long stems for sell at 420edc (top hat stems and short stems) and at rbt (only short stems)... BTW I have seen the apollo stems have a cooling "spiral" in their stems?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
So very excited to have just received a Milaana!
So while waiting (impatiently) for the battery to charge, I was fondling (yes, fondling, don't judge! :love:) it to see what she was all about.

Anyhow, when I turned her upside down, a couple of nuts (as in bolts) fell out of the battery department.
Should those be there? My common sense tells me that would be a major no-no in a battery area, but my common sense is just that, common.
Any info would be appreciated!
Sounds like your battery cover may have came apart during shipping. Ideally the way this should be setup is the top piece should be the brass screw followed by a toothed copper washer, then the large copper battery cover, then a silver washer, then the guitar pick, then another silver washer.

Were you able to get this working? I've been on the road an haven't been able to check into FC very much over the past few days.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Oh silver really? Spare no expense! :p
Not really, they are stainless. Just meant color, not material on that one.

Just saw your DD: Milaana 20700? Got a pic to share of that? (or did I miss it somehere) I'm trying to talk Ryan into making the Milaana 2 a 20700 but he doesn't want to hear it because of the price of the battery. Make it, folks will buy it Ryan, easy as that. Please share your experience on that unit as far as sessions you are getting per battery, which battery you are using when you have a moment.

I think it is very important to embrace new tech like the 20700 battery rather than stick with 18650 perpetually.

vapen00b

What a beauty :love: love the stem!

nice wooden stem is it from @Alan ?

Yep, it's an Alan stem. Love it

, but I have also to mail @Alan to get on his waiting list for this new vapes (using the rbt heater tech)

Nope, it's NOT RBT's patented tech anymore...

I ordered a bare bone mi so I will only have a short stem and I have seen heard if you are aiming for big clouds with the mi it could be harsh with the short stem... but I also could not find long stems for sell at 420edc (top hat stems and short stems) and at rbt (only short stems)... BTW I have seen the apollo stems have a cooling "spiral" in their stems?

Check out mountainglass.com for long 19/22 stems (US based, just search this thread) or http://www.elementsglass.co.uk/male-18mm-ground-glass-joint-cone/ (EU - still ;) - can't tell if they fit (perfectly) though.)

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom