Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

namasteIII

I remember talk a while ago about New Milaana's coming with turbulator in the heater to help with hotspots that are natural to convection devices. I really like that idea as I hate to sir. So I ask, what's up in that regard, has that been implemented into the current Milaana stock? Has it been abandoned?

thanks.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I just purchased a milaana walnut....super stoked to say the least...next weekend i will be on cloud 9
Shipping out to you today! Thank you for the support of 420EDC and RBT.

I remember talk a while ago about New Milaana's coming with turbulator in the heater to help with hotspots that are natural to convection devices. I really like that idea as I hate to sir. So I ask, what's up in that regard, has that been implemented into the current Milaana stock? Has it been abandoned?

thanks.
Thank you for the interest in the Milaana. The Turbulator incorporation has not been abandoned. I'm not sure when those units will be rolling out of RBT Labs as Zion is the current priority. I built dozens of them and it just comes down to RBT finishing the units, he might be waiting on more of the new copper battery lids, I'll be talking with him later this week and will try to mention this and report back. You are also welcome to phone him yourself if you are so inclined.

namasteIII

Shipping out to you today! Thank you for the support of 420EDC and RBT.

Thank you for the interest in the Milaana. The Turbulator incorporation has not been abandoned. I'm not sure when those units will be rolling out of RBT Labs as Zion is the current priority. I built dozens of them and it just comes down to RBT finishing the units, he might be waiting on more of the new copper battery lids, I'll be talking with him later this week and will try to mention this and report back. You are also welcome to phone him yourself if you are so inclined.

Thanks, great informative response. Keep me update if you get to talking with him.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm back to report on the 18mm to 14mm GonG adapter: it works!

For anyone having issues with off-center hotspot in your bowls, you should really try to:
1) vary how deep your stem screen is located, and play with the distance between load and heater
2) try a 14mm reducer or any of the excellent aftermarket stems from our well-known members

Now if you got a centered hotspot, it's another story and you probably need to change your technique. Better extract more slowly and tame the beast. Your sessions will be longer but taste will be preserved better.

My love story might not be over afterall... but right now I need to focus on the MistVape Touch. Another very special FC exclusive you shouldn't miss!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm back to report on the 18mm to 14mm GonG adapter: it works!

For anyone having issues with off-center hotspot in your bowls, you should really try to:
1) vary how deep your stem screen is located, and play with the distance between load and heater
2) try a 14mm reducer or any of the excellent aftermarket stems from our well-known members

Now if you got a centered hotspot, it's another story and you probably need to change your technique. Better extract more slowly and tame the beast. Your sessions will be longer but taste will be preserved better.

My love story might not be over afterall... but right now I need to focus on the MistVape Touch. Another very special FC exclusive you shouldn't miss!
The OG 14mm and through water 18mm is the only way I use the Milaana for the most part ... might try the 18mm long stem for nostalgia tonight ... the larger 18 bowl dry will be great for flaves.

My friend finally shipped me back my hotter Milaana so I'll be using the all glass screenless 14mm reducer soon a lot once it arrives. The wood on my spalted gets really hot compared to my regular Milaana especially with the added distance with the screenless 14mm. Excited to try once she returns home.

Edit:
Did it

PgMWKnS.jpg

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Hello fellow fuckers!

Spending my first day with the Milaana getting the lay of the land.

One unproductive load last night and one productive load today.

Progress!

Shout out to @Philreal187 for helping a brother out.

After hearing so much about folks combusting (@WakeAndVape's fail vid is great) I am surprised at how tame it was. It didn't feel like I was ever close.

Flavor was very good and I imagine if you pack it large you'd get some big clouds.

I was a virgin to the stem systems yesterday, so packing them and carrying them around will take some getting used to. And don't get me started on batteries...

It's good to be here.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
IMG_20170508_180254_382.jpg

One of my favorite makers that inspired the 420EDC brand is Recycled Firefighter. Pictured here is one of their flat zippered gear bags called "The Truckie". Housed in it on my end is all the essentials I need for a vape EDC setup, the RBT Milaana in Walnut, spare battery case in which I keep a short stem and spare battery. With the safety pick, I can leave the house with two full batteries and not worry about needing a charger for the day. The Doob Tube holds pre-ground flowers and there is room for a small cleaning tool if you are so inclined.

You can get 10% Off your First Order through RF by visiting 420EDC's RF Page. They've got lots of rugged quality gear I use all the time, minimalist front pocket carry wallet (2 actually, one for ID Credit Cards & Cash with the other for business cards, both in the same pocket), notebook cover, EDC Pack and 12 Hour Backpack.

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Hey @AJS (and anyone else that wants to chime in).

How long is your typical session with the Milaana?

Do most folks sip or rip? Mine appears to be built for sipping, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Hey @AJS (and anyone else that wants to chime in).

How long is your typical session with the Milaana?

Do most folks sip or rip? Mine appears to be built for sipping.
I think mine is also a cooler unit, with a full tophat or 3/16-1/4" screen pack I'll get a nice eight hits and can wring it out for another eight if I'm so inclined.

These hits are a 5 sec preheat, 5-10 sec slow draw depending on battery, 5-10 sec with increasing inhale and then finish just cooling it off.

Can't say I've timed a session, 10 min?

C-weed

Am i permitted to ask if anyone use EVO basket screens for their milaana?...or any success with preloadable dry herb pods?...does the heater screen ever get dirty?...if it does have debris fall onto it should i worry?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My older model has a more powerful heater .. gets hotter faster.

My newer model .. for some reason .. the wood itself collects more heat, making it warm after super long seshes.

The spalts tend to retain heat more than pure maple, as experienced with burls and cracks in logs. Also V1 were more unleashed inconsistent vs V2 refinement right?

MonkeyTime

Am i permitted to ask if anyone use EVO basket screens for their milaana?...or any success with preloadable dry herb pods?...does the heater screen ever get dirty?...if it does have debris fall onto it should i worry?
Evo baskets might take a lot of work to get fitted. There are a lot of options out there, start with 420EDC.com and @DDave 's site and try it all! That's a good start, tomorrow we'll discuss water!

Find yourself a soft brush, swab it out if it needs it. Usually the little bit that drops down to it will either fall out, or with the brush or a very lite taparooski.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My heater screen never gets dirty. You are really sucking the herb away from the screen, so it really shouldn't. But the screen is very dense (and they may be more than one) so all you should need to do if some falls in is blow it out. All the action is happening in the stem.

Can't help ya with evo screens or pods.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I used ELB's for a long time (but with a mouthpiece made from 7th floor) but ever since I got my spalted I'm using stock stems. For my road unit I preload them and cap them with Arizer EQ baskets. At home I use @cannabis.pro stems or just the stock stem with no cap.
You really shouldn't have issue with debris as long as you don't overcook, combust or are just too lazy to clean the stuff out the bottom. My units show signs of use but no charring/staining ECT.

TheRobbo

My @DDave v2 kit and concentration chamber are here :rockon:
Opened up and searched by customs and given a big :tup: and hardly touched... didnt look like any of the bubble wrap parcels had been opened, the wife thinks the bee's wax beads could have looked dodgy on an xray, and I said... What a box full of small glass objects shaped roughly like vials? Nah! Not suspicious at all.
So had a little play already not enough to say much yet, but everything is as it should be I really cant get over how small the dinky little top hats are they sure as hell work though! The CC is as expected as well though may require more technique to get the most out of.
Hmmm dont want to say more till ive had it all a while so...

:peace:

namasteIII

IMG_20170508_180254_382.jpg

One of my favorite makers that inspired the 420EDC brand is Recycled Firefighter. Pictured here is one of their flat zippered gear bags called "The Truckie". Housed in it on my end is all the essentials I need for a vape EDC setup, the RBT Milaana in Walnut, spare battery case in which I keep a short stem and spare battery. With the safety pick, I can leave the house with two full batteries and not worry about needing a charger for the day. The Doob Tube holds pre-ground flowers and there is room for a small cleaning tool if you are so inclined.

You can get 10% Off your First Order through RF by visiting 420EDC's RF Page. They've got lots of rugged quality gear I use all the time, minimalist front pocket carry wallet (2 actually, one for ID Credit Cards & Cash with the other for business cards, both in the same pocket), notebook cover, EDC Pack and 12 Hour Backpack.

Can you fit that whole thing in your pocket? With what you've got there it does make it look really quite portable. Take it out and have vapor in what 30 seconds? mhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom