Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cl4ud3

I prefer 18mm also. The Ddave mod, even though it involves a 14mm stem really only works on an 18. Not sure what I will do with the mist. Good to know my zion probably has a turbulator. I have 2 mi but one is very old and not up to date. Even the newest one I own is pretty old. I wonder if I need a new one or if that's a bit overkill given my collection.
I've got a V1 and a new up to date version. The new version feels a lot lighter, a lot smoother in hand. I've not had any combustion moments with the new one but I would need a lot more time testing to see the subtle changes.

So is it worth updating ? I will certainly keep both mine but I would have to consider selling the V1 if I wanted anymore.

Cl4ud3,

RelaxedNow

I got my batteries at IMRbatteries and I think they are all bad so I'll be ordering from your website. I didn't know about the forms for a safety piece but I like the way it looks. I wonder when the turbulator was added. I need to ask that on the zion site.

@little maggie, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the batteries after you've received new ones. I'm wondering if mine are funky also.

RelaxedNow,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I bought some samsung 30q for my zion and milaana but they don't stay charged when removed from the charger for a day and that's not happened to other batteries I have.

I forgot to ask you in the other thread, but how much do they discharge? A resting voltage of 4.15V is not unusual for some cells for instance. But if they drop to 3.8V or below, by all means stop using them and check the correct disposal procedure (salt water bucket + recycling usually)

I loved the Mi but way too much air through the 18mm and I don't like regulating my pull so much....

I'm surely repeating myself, but did you try covering the screen fully and tamping the load? You can create the restriction you are after right at the bowl level, this way you don't have to regulate your pull too much.

But now I remember, you micro-dose and don't have enough material to cover the screen, right?

Once the ones we have in stock are gone, I probably won't be restocking them (the 30Q).

May I ask you why? I like the 30Q's more than the HG2's personally, better performance, run cooler, cheaper price and prettier color.

@little maggie, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the batteries after you've received new ones. I'm wondering if mine are funky also.

Also 30Q's? And also from IMRbatts? Or not at all?

A search for "imrbatteries 30Q bad batch" gives a lot of results about the bad HG2 batch in 2016, and other people recommending to get 30Q's instead.

You should definitely contact your seller(s) to notify them.

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@DieHard's was the first I believe to incorporate the turbulator, so that's going back to February I think.

Yes, I believe that Loki was the first to get the turbolator. It really changed everything! I dont get the center" focus" of the heat anymore. At first I thought there was something wrong because it diffused the heat so well. It really heats the load evenly. I had to adjust my technique to get the right results. Now I rarely get any charring and the ABV comes out consistant.

RelaxedNow

I forgot to ask you in the other thread, but how much do they discharge? A resting voltage of 4.15V is not unusual for some cells for instance. But if they drop to 3.8V or below, by all means stop using them and check the correct disposal procedure (salt water bucket + recycling usually)

I'm surely repeating myself, but did you try covering the screen fully and tamping the load? You can create the restriction you are after right at the bowl level, this way you don't have to regulate your pull too much.

But now I remember, you micro-dose and don't have enough material to cover the screen, right?

May I ask you why? I like the 30Q's more than the HG2's personally, better performance, run cooler, cheaper price and prettier color.

Also 30Q's? And also from IMRbatts? Or not at all?

A search for "imrbatteries 30Q bad batch" gives a lot of results about the bad HG2 batch in 2016, and other people recommending to get 30Q's instead.

You should definitely contact your seller(s) to notify them.

I have a 30Q and a HG2, and two 25R's. I'm not sure if any are actually bad, but I'm getting a lot of errors on my Tubo Evic (seemingly more than other users), and I can't run them below about 3.7-3.8V on the MVT with decent results. Normal or ??

RelaxedNow,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

@Tommy10 Additionally, you can (partially) cover the air intake with your (index) finger. Another option is to put some hemp fiber in the stem. This is great fun for reclaiming too... Just take that gooey pellet/ball out and stuff it in the bowl, boooom.

Loving my Mi after having been absent for a while.
Current setup: Mi w/ 18-14 reducer with basket screen in it (load can't fall on the heater screen) and a 5" glass inlined quilted maple @Alan stem /w a thin hemp fiber disc sandwiched by stem screen and glass tube.
Really a perfect setup, you have it all: helping draw resistance, enough distance to the heater to avoid hotspots/combustion, mess free due to encapsulated load, prolonged air path plus 14mm to tame vapor heat and provide smoothness. I get CRAZY huge hits without coughing. I can puff on it like a cigar until I see vapor escaping my mouth, then just inhale steadily and get off the button... Smoothest lung busters I've ever had.
Every dry usin' and micro-dosin Mi lover should try this setup. It's crazy.

:peace:

Tommy10

Do id say a medium load (would do less but not so good with the 18mm) also got cotton and a screen over the air intake. I still think the 14mm will be more for me keen for them to get in stock

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I've found they do run cooler but too cool for me. I'd rather put products in peoples hand that I use myself and know work for the specific vape. When the tech itself isn't providing the results I want and have had in the past, I have to blame the battery if that is the only thing that changed. I tried giving the 30Q a chance but just don't feel they deliver the vapor I want. I know the HG2s are kind of ugly, but they do look good in a walnut Milaana. I'm a function over fashion kind of guy. In terms of looks, I'll take the VTC6 over both but I also realize that some folks might not want to pay that extra price and feel the HG2 is the choice for those on a budget vs. the 30Q. I don't want to stock every variant from every manufacturer that works in the Milaana, MVT or FW4, just the ones that work the best in my research using these units day in and day out myself.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
When I said "run cooler" I meant the cell itself doesn't get as warm. Which is a sign that its internal resistance is lower than the HG2. They can deliver more amps (mooch rated the 30Q true 20A where the HG2 is only 18A)

Strange that you feel they don't run your Mi as hot, that's not my experience. And I also use them in several other vapes with great success.

Anyways let's not nitpick, the three cells we're talking about are all great. Provided you get genuine ones of course.

little maggie

I bought 4 of the samsungs and 2 of the HG2s and I think they are all "bad". Does that make them unsafe? I wouldn't have known in the past because I left my batteries on the charger. Now I charge and then remove them. The HG2s that came with my Zion stay charged when in their plastic case until I use them. The 2 that came from this seller were totally dead after being charged and in the case for a week. It took all day to recharge them. The Samsungs don't go totally dead but lose quite a bit of charge sitting in their case.
I think if I just returned to leaving them in the charger I wouldn't have a problem.

little maggie,

little maggie

I ordered more batteries from the 420 site but missed the sale by 30 minutes. I forgot it was east coast time.:uhoh:

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Are the Sony vtc6 30 amp batts ok in the MI?

According to the IMR Batteries page, they have max draw at 15 amps vs 20 amps for the LG HG2. Also Sony bats (on IMR battery site) are $2 more per battery.

I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you if 15 amps vs vs 20 is a problem.

On IMR the Sony VTC6 is not available in 30 amps

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: KeroZen

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I ordered more batteries from the 420 site but missed the sale by 30 minutes. I forgot it was east coast time.:uhoh:

We'll refund you the difference for the sale price. Thank you for the continued support!

Are the Sony vtc6 30amp batts ok in the MI?

I don't think I'm the only one running them. I have four of them in rotation and have not noticed any degradation in performance.

When I said "run cooler" I meant the cell itself doesn't get as warm. Which is a sign that its internal resistance is lower than the HG2. They can deliver more amps (mooch rated the 30Q true 20A where the HG2 is only 18A)

Strange that you feel they don't run your Mi as hot, that's not my experience. And I also use them in several other vapes with great success.

Charged one up yesterday and it worked great. Don't know why I felt performance degraded using them previously, maybe I just needed to clean the copper, brass and washers; blaming the battery not myself.

ArthurJ

My new cherry and cobalt unit is making itself right at home.

OxbHgAC.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
What's up with Zion? Busted my Mi out today forgot how sweet it is. Nothing like this:

45pJbcB.jpg

My buddy is looking for a vape, guess what I recommended? He wants minimal smell, preferably portable, efficient, man sometimes I swear my stem never gives out :lol: tons of Vapor! Lounging son!

Any chance of burl Mi's? Considering my friend may be interested
, if I could source some Burl out and sell him my Maple that would be so prime. Haven't been here in awhile hope all good with your Mi's!

I'm also taking it out of town as my vape for family event :)

ArthurJ

Well this baby is quickly rising up through the chain of command.

I got the @DDave cooling unit, and I love the little basket screens, they are perfect.

It really kicks ass. I like the 18mm stems, most of my other portables I feel like I'm sipping through a straw. This one I feel like I'm puffing on a cigar.

I like to switch back and forth between the cooling unit and the long cobalt stem.

I'm glad I climbed aboard this train!

AJS

Calm Consistency
2 years ago today I joined FC. I was a half smoker half vaper with the mflb being my primary since 2012. 2 years ago on my birthday I used almost all my birthday money to buy an Arizer Air and an E Nano as a way to convince myself to move to vaping. Best decision I've done.

Fast forward 2 years and I've been through the nano, Arizer Air, lsv, Lotus, vapman, flowermate, milaana x3, Grasshopper, and Dynavap M. My favorite vape probably has to be the Nano for the emotional attachment, ease of use, and flavor. The Milaana has stayed on top though as my all around most effective dosing, powerful, and convenient vape. I can get the biggest hits faster with this vape with the 14mm than nearly any vape I've tried. Still loving it.

Vaping is dope, yo.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Before folks. This company can rip you off on warranty repairs. Ryan

BEWARE , Ryan Dunham will rip you off on warranty repair. He kept my money and send me old refurbished unit back instead. Now trying to sell me another unit. What an asshole

mod note: Please review the rules you agreed to when you registered. No name calling- members or companies.

So, after this post I felt bad. I didn't want a customer to be unhappy no matter what the cost to RBT. So I gave him a call and apologized. We had a nice chat about God and country. I offered to send a brand new Mi to him and he was really happy. Imagine his suprise when two Milaana showed up at his door.

I hope knowing Trustin and I sorted out our differences helps kill the negative sentiment here on FC and more folks just give me a call.

Thanks to all who constructively contributed to the resolution of the early Milaana issues as the latest units are so much better for it! The custom logo pick and matched copper really was the cheeey on top... thanks @Vape Dr. !

Ryan RBT Dunham
518-390-0034
Problems get worse at water cooler not better ;)

Over and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom