Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@jazzyvapeman good you are finding a technique that works. A trick for cleaning is to run hot tap water through the mouthpiece.

Shout out to @AJS for making a ton of great YouTube vids! It was a good feeling on New Years Day to search Milaana and find tons of videos.

In 2016 Milaaana went from a concept in February to Beta testing in March, built a factory by May, completed the pre-orders by June, closed the factory in August, redesigned Milaana to fix quality / reliability issues by September, on-boarded retailers, redesigned packaging and manual in October, rebuilt the factory in November, completed a large run of Milaana wood in the shop in December to feed 2017 production to allow for the completion of Zion. Yeh, fail fast and learn quickly and adapt. Special thanks to the Z-team and all of FC for working together to make this happen... let's do it again in 2017 only better :)

Prolusio

I really like the look of these new units! It looks like you got the seam on the cap/body fitting perfectly this run; the pattern on the spalted/walnut even matches up from body to cap which I really like. I think that adds a lot to the overall premium look of the unit. My one complaint on my current Milaana is the seam between the cap and body is a little rough, I can run my fingernail through it along one entire side but the other side is tight across. Minor nitpick but I still like to see the improvement! Also it appears on these units the button is moved up a little higher than mine, which also looks nice! On my Milaana the button is so low it rests on the cap seam and it just looks a little messy compared to these ones. Not sure if this is just because mine is one of the old models or what; as most of the pictures I see have the button much higher than mine.. but regardless I think it looks much cleaner with the button a little higher and away from the seam.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@Prolusio you have a keen eye! It's that attention to detail and professional feedback that makes FC so valuable. There is a partial list of improvements that have been made on 2016 listed on the www progress page.

Yes, the cap fit wasn't perfect, the sanding wasn't super smooth, the glass wasn't recessed and risidual saw dust caused some female glass to loosen, a few units ran a little on the cool side... it all bothered me too... that's why I shut down the factory and moved back to the lab :) It took new saws, sanders, jigs, fixtures, vibratory bowls, bees wax buffing wheels, drills, and a ton more finishing, assembly and quality steps to do it right.

Little things like the cap fit, finish, copper finish are all evident. To add to your list: the cap is it thicker (.420" nominal;) to prevent cap warp. The unit is .200 taller to allow for optimum heater fit, the battery hatch screw is secured into the body to prevent it from unscrewing. I am really happy that Milaana is finally reaching all it can be in thanks to all of you and your candid feedback. It was a great feeling to read this after finishing the videos of @VegNVape and @realvaped today (check me out on the Tube). I hope all of you who helped feel accomplished too.

Big shout out to Craig aka @realvaped for providing me the opportunity and encouragement to build this one of a kind peace (sp). The Butternut aroma as the heater warmed up gave me the first Milaana VAS and ironically I have to ship it out lol. Vaped.com is a medicinally focused shop that only promotes brands they believe in and not necessarily the ones that make money (aka RBT) lol... so please stop by Vaped.com and Vaped.ca and check him out... I mean, if you like quality stuff :)

Now with Milaana finally coming off the line faster than demand we can get back on the Zion train... that's what makes Milaana sustainability so so sweet! Enough with this single battery manual unregulated kids stuff, time to get working on the big boy toys :)

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
How much cooler do some of the earlier units run compared to the standard now? I'm strongly considering buying one second hand :ninja:, with a lifetime warranty and everything, but it's an early unit and the guy says it runs a bit cooler. How much cooler idk?

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
How much cooler do some of the earlier units run compared to the standard now? I'm strongly considering buying one second hand :ninja:, with a lifetime warranty and everything, but it's an early unit and the guy says it runs a bit cooler. How much cooler idk?
All units shipped make adaquate vapor and even the new units have a degree of variation. Early units could run as low as 9.8 amps with the current minimum spec set at 10.2 Amps with a max of 11.4. Given the sub ohm heater build small changes in the heater geometry will have a big change in output. It's a balance between speed and control ability. I guess it really depends if your s sipper or a ripper.

stinkytofus

@jazzyvapeman good you are finding a technique that works. A trick for cleaning is to run hot tap water through the mouthpiece.

Shout out to @AJS for making a ton of great YouTube vids! It was a good feeling on New Years Day to search Milaana and find tons of videos.

In 2016 Milaaana went from a concept in February to Beta testing in March, built a factory by May, completed the pre-orders by June, closed the factory in August, redesigned Milaana to fix quality / reliability issues by September, on-boarded retailers, redesigned packaging and manual in October, rebuilt the factory in November, completed a large run of Milaana wood in the shop in December to feed 2017 production to allow for the completion of Zion. Yeh, fail fast and learn quickly and adapt. Special thanks to the Z-team and all of FC for working together to make this happen... let's do it again in 2017 only better :)
How many batches have u guys made so far and is there any differenfes between them ?

stinkytofus,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
How many batches have u guys made so far and is there any differenfes between them ?

There are three main lots. OG - non-recessed glass, mesh inlet filter, V1 - recessed glass, inlet filter and slightly warmer heater, and the current V2 - misc fit and finish improvements with choice of wood and glass color.

Well, I'm off to the post to get some warranty units back to their homes.

b0

Cloudy...
There are three main lots. OG - non-recessed glass, mesh inlet filter, V1 - recessed glass, inlet filter and slightly warmer heater, and the current V2 - misc fit and finish improvements with choice of wood and glass color.

It's mine one of those? :love:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RastaBuddhaTao Always good hearing from you! I had a blast watching your clips on the Tube.
I know you have Milaana trained hands - but guys, this man's fingers have some serious b-boy skills. Going crazy for the grand finale - just don't break it :D

By the way, great news! Choo chooooo

Hang in there buds. It's gonna be a fun ride!
:peace:

Last edited:

stinkytofus

Is there any pics of the og, v1 and current v2 ? Thanks

stinkytofus,
Reactions: Prolusio

Cl4ud3

you should be able to tell by the description posted. The OG's glass female joint sticks up slightly and doesn't have a mesh covered intake.
V1 - female joint is flush to top of unit and has a mesh cover over the intake.
V2 - all the new wood types.

If you go through the thread with that info you should be able to work it out.

OIcuX

Last edited:

stinkytofus

you should be able to tell by the description posted. The OG's glass female joint sticks up slightly and doesn't have a mesh covered intake.
V1 - female joint is flush to top of unit and has a mesh cover over the intake.
V2 - all the new wood types.

If you go through the thread with that info you should be able to work it out.

OIcuX
So v1 and v2 pretty much the same excet v2 also includes the three new woods

stinkytofus,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

The video above is a current V2, V1's look about the same except primarily in Maple, OG's you'll be able to tell, infact I even had to ask what the deal with the mesh was cause I had forgotten that was a thing. The glass joint is higher on the OG, and there is little bits of shredded mesh in the intake hole rather than a screen.

Seems easy enough to install a screen as well on the OG.

I took the plunge, should be here for the weekend hopefully :)

Cl4ud3

So v1 and v2 pretty much the same excet v2 also includes the three new woods
V1 and V2 are very very similar, the main difference I guess would be slightly better finish/look to the V2's (some older units have visible burn marks/tool marks). I do think the new ones also have a nut on top of the screw post to help keep that in place.

Cl4ud3,

ZC

I have an OG and a V1. Differences are minor. V1 is slightly warmer but if you're not doing a back to back comparison it isn't noticeable. As far as fit and finish goes it's a little mixed. OG is sanded slightly smoother, there's a flat spot on the curved side of V1. But the Recessed glass and intake screen are very nice on the V1. The OG bottom cap has noticeable burn marks from the router.

I'm still considering getting an exotic Mi, but I don't really need 3 and I'll still probably get the Mi-log and (price-allowing) a Zion. Maybe I'll sell my current Mi's to fund a spalted or Walnut and a little of what comes next.

stinkytofus

All units shipped make adaquate vapor and even the new units have a degree of variation. Early units could run as low as 9.8 amps with the current minimum spec set at 10.2 Amps with a max of 11.4. Given the sub ohm heater build small changes in the heater geometry will have a big change in output. It's a balance between speed and control ability. I guess it really depends if your s sipper or a ripper.
so am i good with samsung 30q, lg hg2 and sony vtc6? or is it preferred i go with vtc5's

stinkytofus,
Reactions: ZC

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
My current personal recommendation is Samsung 30Q. It runs cooler than the HG2 and VTC6, it's cheaper than both and it's overall better than the HG2 excepted for cycle life. VTC6 has more oomph but apparently deteriorates quite fast and it's the priciest (I haven't tested it tho) HG2 is the best on the long term.

But the differences are small anyways, so I would go for the cheapest one, which happens to be quite good already.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I'm still considering getting an exotic Mi, but I don't really need 3 and I'll still probably get the Mi-log and (price-allowing) a Zion. Maybe I'll sell my current Mi's to fund a spalted or Walnut and a little of what comes next.

Hey @ZC I wanted to thank you for doing the work you did to put together the power supply for the Mi! Given that you will be on the Beta team you will get one of the first beta logs I make so that will be free.

@Alan has such a great experience and knowledge base I am sure that he will engineer a cost effective, reliable, and safe solution with FC, @ZC and @KeroZen help. It should be fun, can't wait to join in after Zion is completed.

stinkytofus

Hey @ZC I wanted to thank you for doing the work you did to put together the power supply for the Mi! Given that you will be on the Beta team you will get one of the first beta logs I make so that will be free.

@Alan has such a great experience and knowledge base I am sure that he will engineer a cost effective, reliable, and safe solution with FC, @ZC and @KeroZen help. It should be fun, can't wait to join in after Zion is completed.
is the cooler running mi better or the hotter ones? lol or its just preference

stinkytofus,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
is the cooler running mi better or the hotter ones? lol or its just preference

Seems like the differences are marginal based on what was said and after watching some videos. They are what they are, the OGs run tad cooler, the V1 runs tad hot, the V2 is middle ground. Between the 3 we aren't talking huge increases in time, what takes the OG 6 seconds takes V2 4 seconds which takes V1 2 seconds (example but that is gist I've gotten from people).

If you grab one its gonna be a V2 unless you go via Ent Exchange or Classifieds.

Edit: and 20 amps continuous 18650 should all be gravy.

ZC

@RastaBuddhaTao
Wow, thanks Ryan! I look forward to testing it! It was fun building my Mi powersuply and it's been even more fun using it of course.

It's great to see you and @Alan working together. Just another example of how great this community is.

@stinkytofus

Neither one is better than the other, they both perform flawlessly. The only difference is a tiny bit of variation in how long I hold the button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom