Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
42oy1E.jpg

nice morning walk :) glad I brought my Mil with me to families

happy holidays to all

tblast

I'm seeing a lot of talk on social media about how 2016 is the worst year ever... but these are not posts by owners of the GOAT vaporizer! Just had a couple puffs after the family left and I'm feeling the cheer and wanted to share with y'all! Merry Christmas, Milaana peeps!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
what do i need to use the milaana with an 18mm female joint?
There are a number of ways to go about this and, as SS says, a number of sources, but the most important part is choosing something with a US standard 18mm male joint due to its 22mm standard length. The ISO standard is 26mm long, and too long for the Milaana's (or Zion's) 22mm deep US female.
zjwBT92.jpg

In the included pic, the green stem on the bottom is an original US from RBT, the next one up from @Oregonglassblower is US on the right side and ISO on the left. Next up is an RBT midsize US stem and then at the top a M2M adapter from a Chinese vendor that is US on both sides.
On the left is another OGB adapter that is US on the top and ISO on the bottom. Since this photo was taken I have removed about a MM from the US side of that adapter so I can use those rimmed screens with it. Other wise they add a bit too much to the length of the joint and it doesn't seat as well as it should in the US female and could damage the heater screen.
So the trick is to keep the adapter's male joint total length 22mm or under and you'll be fine.

Added: Using a SONG or other silicone adapter may well eliminate the need for precision in the joint size that you need when using glass, so especially if you need/want to use your MI now and don't yet have the right glass adapter, something more flexible may suffice temporarily, or permanently if that is your druthers. I prefer to use glass for its ease of cleaning and solid connection.

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Does anyone have any thoughts on shipping a used Milaana across a border? I am planning on selling my backup and I'm not sure if I am going to need to keep this within Canada or will it be safe to sell to the US.

Is there a safe way to try to ensure there are no more crumbs in the crack between the screen and the glass?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Does anyone have any thoughts on shipping a used Milaana across a border? I am planning on selling my backup and I'm not sure if I am going to need to keep this within Canada or will it be safe to sell to the US.

Is there a safe way to try to ensure there are no more crumbs in the crack between the screen and the glass?
Stripping down a bread tie to the wire and using that can help clean out the crumbs. Maybe ISO the screen with a cue tip (don't flood with alcohol tho) and make sure to hold the milaana upside down. I've never done this but I think others have.
That's about all I got for you.

grokit

well-worn member
Does anyone have any thoughts on shipping a used Milaana across a border?
I would first remove the mesh and try to blow it out with compressed air, then I would clean it with something aromatic like dark rum for masking, then run some 'legal' herbs through it like chamomile or something and make sure you get plenty into the cracks to confuse the bastards. Just my :2c:

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Stripping down a bread tie to the wire and using that can help clean out the crumbs. Maybe ISO the screen with a cue tip (don't flood with alcohol tho) and make sure to hold the milaana upside down. I've never done this but I think others have.
That's about all I got for you.
Thanks, that is about what I was thinking. I hadn't thought of using the metal from a twist tie. That should work well. The mesh is a tighter fit than my daily driver Milaana so I don't think much has gotten in there. I wouldn't want to think about cleaning that one out.

I would first remove the mesh and try to blow it out with compressed air, then I would clean it with something aromatic like dark rum for masking, then run some 'legal' herbs through it like chamomile or something and make sure you get plenty into the cracks to confuse the bastards. Just my :2c:
:hmm:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I couldn't imagine taking the mesh off. It is in there pretty tight, and I think it might void a warranty by taking it out.

fluffhead,
Reactions: grokit

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I wouldn't fiddle with the Mi wiring and area under the oven. I agree that could screw your warranty, especially if you are like me and don't know what the hell you are doing.

Folks send their vaporizers through the mail for warranty all the time. Not sure if I've ever heard of anybody being flagged and having their unit confiscated. I would just do a good cleaning using the rum. Then vaporize some tobacco in it or camomile and mint.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
What don't you understand?
Is ur intake steel mesh or a screen?
I think I now understand my confusion. @grokit, you meant the air intake, not the screen in the female joint. Damn, I feel slow. :mental::haw:

@AJS, it is the screen in the intake that RBT puts in. Not sure if I will remove it, but I now understand my own confusion.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I hope you are all having a great holiday season! :rockon:

Whissmu

Study the wood stems-> what advantages are there next to the crystal? If it falls to the ground it breaks? Are they more resistant? flavor?

regards

Whissmu,

sickmanfraud

Can someone give me a hint about drawing without scorching the weed?

I have only had my MI a few days and I keep scorching my medicine which makes it taste like garbage.

No combustion, but some black marks on the weed.

TIA

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: vapen00b

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can someone give me a hint about drawing without scorching the weed?

I have only had my MI a few days and I keep scorching my medicine which makes it taste like garbage.

No combustion, but some black marks on the weed.

TIA
It was my experience, on the beginning, when I got mine although I was able to improve the taste using smaller load and more space between the screen (heater) and the top of the load. Don't pre-heat too much too!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Study the wood stems-> what advantages are there next to the crystal? If it falls to the ground it breaks? Are they more resistant? flavor?

regards

not as harsh, no breaking, better flavor (imo - I'm sure others will debate. i notice a very slight hint depending on the wood. YMMV) and they look amazing.

also, no worry of material spilling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom