Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If they are loose because the joint is too long that could be a problem in use... :(

No they're not too long, they sit super deep actually, its that they're too narrow (while the inner diameter seems wider)

Shit Snacks,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Just got my Milanaa in the mail this week and finally had a chance this evening to try her out for the first time. :cool:

First impressions: This thing I fell in love with on the first draw. Like love at first sight! Super simplistic, easy to use. The manual control may not be for everyone, but you can easily alter your technique and get monster ass clouds no problem. True convection - even and thorough cooking of the herb. I never thought I'd see a portable to rival the Mighty, but this one is it! :nod:

The only con so far: Make no mistake - although this thing is a portable unit, there is just too much glass about it for me to feel comfortable taking it somewhere (that's where the Mighty has it beat). Plus it's just too nice and hard to come by. For around the house and especially sitting on the couch in front of the television however, this is just about as perfect as it can get. It's basically MFLB flavor meets SSV power. :o :rockon:

edit: holy crap this thing's got me rippppppped!! :freak::leaf:

Last edited:

Bandoo

Missing in action... :wave:
Has anybody heard from Ryan lately? Emails or anything?
Maybe he went on a skiing vacation :)
Thanks!

Bandoo,

natural farmer

Thanks!
Last mail I got from him was 10 days ago telling me he would check at the post office again for my Laana that is waiting patiently for a pick up since 29/11... My girl is still at the post office! :p :lol: Busy, busy, busy...

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks!

More than 3 weeks without any contact or answer to my emails... was hoping to have my Milaana back for Christmas but it seems that it's gonna be next year... :|

b0,
Reactions: ZC

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
No they're not too long, they sit super deep actually, its that they're too narrow (while the inner diameter seems wider)

Oh I was wrong, they do have a slight taper that is what's making them loose, unlike the RBT stems which are flat after the 18mm US joint. Damn China glass, oh well, it's also pretty much impossible to get a screen in and out of there.

And yeah I'd presume the radio silence is because he is working like hell to get the 600 Milaana ready so he can move on to Zion. Last I heard from him a few weeks ago that's exactly what he was doing, so prob no news good news

b0

Cloudy...
And yeah I'd presume the radio silence is because he is working like hell to get the 600 Milaana ready so he can move on to Zion. Last I heard from him a few weeks ago that's exactly what he was doing, so prob no news good news

Yeah I know, I'm not pissed and totally understand it but I miss my baby :'(

I'm sure Ryan will get in contact with me ASAP and I'm gonna have one of the most beautiful Mi's out there :D

AJS

Calm Consistency
Sooo decided to use my backup milaana to see how she's doin and holy shiiiiiiit she has power. That Milaana is no fkn joke. 1 second preheat 4 second inhale = massive hit. Killed a 14mm in 1 hit, made the entire bowl black, in under 10 seconds. It truly is a beast! Wow.

Edit: .5 second preheat, 2 second slow draw, sped up to 80-90% draw speed to see if I could outpower the heater and I couldn't. Pumped out such a thick cloud within 6 seconds. I forgot how strong this specific Milaana was goddam. My spalted doesn't have shit on this in terms of raw power haha. Kinda ridiculous.

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
Yow - this thread fills up quick! Skimmed through every 4th page for awhile and tripped over the cleaning instructions. Since I'm a religious cleaner, meaning I never really clean, it was due. So a good wipe and scrub with ISO and Millie is squeaky clean. Next step is a fresh load of Burmese Kush, which was a gift from http://www.cannabisculture.com/ as part of a November 11th gift pack sent to veterans. That is Marc and Jody Emery, who opened 8 dispensaries in Montreal, and got arrested the very next day. Anyways, thanks for the kush, and sorry you are getting arrested.

So that first blast of a new to me strain was very nice. I kinda want to watch cartoons now. So thanks to whoever it was that posted the cleaning tips - I've almost branded myself on the lid a couple of times now. Skip ahead 10 minutes and it's cool! Thanks again mystery poster :)

For those that are worried about portability, it depends on your circumstances I guess. Mine comes with me on the ATV and dogwalking in the bush. It rides fine in shirt pocket, or pants pocket, although that one is only for brief periods. My chiropractor picked up Millie to check her out and the stem popped off and broke. And the other day I picked it up off the counter and one of the spanking new @Alan wood/glass hybrid stems hit the floor and shattered. I'm now using an all wood stem as a primary.

Watching a vid the other night and heard a wee 'bonk' on the floor. Theer was Millie, looking fine. Stem, however, was wedged in like a cork, so I suspect that took the brunt of the 10" fall. So a whole bunch of gentle tapping around the edges, a little very gentle rocking, a bit of swearing, gentle swearing of course, and a bit more rocking, and put she popped. Now there is a wee coat of Ed's BAB on there and it sticks just enough to not fall out all willy vanilly.

Anyways, a case is a great idea. But it's shirt pocket portable, and fits nicely in a cup holder, although it's flown out of the ATV ones a few times, muddied but unscathed. When I got nervous about damaging one I picked up a reserve. Which hasn't really been used as yet... It's just sitting on the side of the desk, near the charger, waiting for a turn...

TheRobbo

@killick That may have been me as I have posted a few times about loosing power to a bad connection at the copper door/screw post... the last time I cleaned the brass knob was getting almost too hot to touch performance way way down... I forced a bit of kitchen towl through the threads and this is what happened
agvfZvs.jpg

0RWs3JJ.jpg

Hasn't shown up the best but you can easily see the shit that was building up in the threads, not to mention between washer and door itself... Though this time only the brass was hot so I'm thinking this was the main culprit... Seems I need to do this once a month! I'm fine with this maintenance schedule and feel if this is the small price to have such a wonderful thing then it is worth it!

Bandoo

After a few very good months with the Milaana, the only negative is that you need to buy a second one in case of accidental glass breakage, if it's your dd.
Same as any device with glass parts. Which is of course what makes this such a great device!

Though I think insetting the female connector flush made the glass a lot more sturdy.
I had a close call where something fell straight down on the mouthpiece while it was upright on the table. I was afraid to look.
It was ok but the mouthpiece was jammed in very tight. I froze the mouthpiece in ice cubes with the unit upside down in a glass and a hair of liquid soap at the joint and it came apart..I pulled it straight out. Phew!
Need a backup and or a spare female part with instructions on how to repair for those that are handy with tools. Especially if you are on the other side of the world.

Best to take the mouthpiece out when not in use if there is even a chance of accident. Also that will give the air path a chance to dry out from any possible funky condensation on the wood.

When is the Vape Critic going to have a go with it? I think it would be a very popular vape once people know about it.. As long as there is a plain model at a fair price..

We shouldn't be the main market for this great device..
Waiting for a backup now as soon as Ryan is back in Zion :love:
Ymmv

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Greetings FC!

Announcing the availability of a new Milaana Cooling Wand V3!

To address the many requests I've received for a smaller cooling wand setup, this wand should be the answer. A one piece cooling wand that will directly interface with the Milaana.
Available and on Sale for the Holidays at www.DDaveMods.com, no coupon code required.

m54xlrV.jpg

5xvqiLD.jpg

:rockon: Happy Holidays!

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Greetings FC!

Announcing the availability of a new Milaana Cooling Wand V3!

To address the many requests I've received for a smaller cooling wand setup, this wand should be the answer. A one piece cooling wand that will directly interface with the Milaana.
Available and on Sale for the Holidays at www.DDaveMods.com, no coupon code required.

m54xlrV.jpg

5xvqiLD.jpg

:rockon: Happy Holidays!
Ordered!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom