Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I like the addition of the dots. I'm not sure that the Rasta colors are the right vibe? Maybe a more earthy shade? I do think that the RBT brand is about simplicity and the wavy triangle is the original logo.
Agree completely. A nice organic tan brown or green like fresh market or whole foods.
Love th OG logo, really do.

Rasta colors seem ... Cheap to me. Too colorful, almost like a fast food restaraunt, relying on stimulus. we represent more than a current social trend. We are different. We are Milaana.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have this little wooden box that I bought years ago to keep my stash in. It's a design that I just love. It was made by a local wood worker. I bought it at store and have know idea who made it.

Been using the Milaana and really loving it. It's definitely technique driven but that's the fun of it. It also is a heavy hitter before bed. It does a good job delivering the meds for sure. Been sleeping like a baby.:zzz:

Went shopping for the first time at a legal state cannabis store yesterday.:tup:
Here is a pic of the wooden stash box. The logo looks cooler if you look at it sideways. And your stash doesn't smel when the lid is closed. It just slides in.

A wooden logo would be awesome.

Last edited:

OyVape

Great stuff guys! The Vape Different is aimed at the manual / unregulated nature of the device (learning curve) It's a call to understand that the battery voltage drops with use and so does the wattage. Just as Milaana means modulate to help drive home the point that you need to use your senses to control the device. Remember, the average person will have trouble controlling the device.

I like the addition of the dots. I'm not sure that the Rasta colors are the right vibe? Maybe a more earthy shade? I do think that the RBT brand is about simplicity and the wavy triangle is the original logo.

In any event I am sure @RBTCustomerService will bring the logo and the brand together in a way that leads us to the right identity.

The plan is to run a grass roots marketing campaign using brand ambassadors who will earn Rasta bucks for spreading the word. Again, just thoughts from the early talks.

Keep the great ideas coming! No such thing as a bad idea when you are brainstorming.

Edit: another reason for logo simplification is we will be branding it into the wood just above the button. It's look when burned into the wood needs to complement the handmade / Vapor Punk feel.

"Use your senses" as a tag line!

"Personalized vaping"

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Great stuff guys! The Vape Different is aimed at the manual / unregulated nature of the device (learning curve) It's a call to understand that the battery voltage drops with use and so does the wattage. Just as Milaana means modulate to help drive home the point that you need to use your senses to control the device. Remember, the average person will have trouble controlling the device.

In any event I am sure @RBTCustomerService will bring the logo and the brand together in a way that leads us to the right identity.

The plan is to run a grass roots marketing campaign using brand ambassadors who will earn Rasta bucks for spreading the word. Again, just thoughts from the early talks.

Keep the great ideas coming! No such thing as a bad idea when you are brainstorming.

Edit: another reason for logo simplification is we will be branding it into the wood just above the button. It's look when burned into the wood needs to complement the handmade / Vapor Punk feel.

Vape your senses?! Vape with your senses? Always vape versatile too ofcourse, but yeah effortlessly versatile still best for Zion

Still like something about nature, vaping the way it should be... simplicity, purity... As close to combustion as you can get without smoke (just 10%! Sorry I had to ;):lol:)

And for the logo, the current one is a bit complex to be burned in, I can see that, but what about creating a brand instead of burning it in? StickyBrick uses a brand for his and it works quite well, then you could easily capture the simplistic complexity of the current logo...

And yeah I too still like black and white the most frankly... In general not such a fan of those rasta colors together personally, but yeah maybe more naturalized versions could work. In any case the brand on the Milaana won't be colored regardless (will Zion be getting a brand too when it rises like the phoenix btw?)

6079Smith

"Milaana... Unregulate."

Or a play on the word.. Live Unregulated, Unregulate Life, Vape Unregulated, Unregulated Gratification/Satisfaction, Take a Break- Unregulate, Take time to Unregulate, Unregulated Capability.. or something along those lines, you get it

Keeping it as pure and simple as the vape itself would be desirable, I think- then again, I'm pretty unregulated at present :)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Vape your senses?! Vape with your senses? Always vape versatile too ofcourse, but yeah effortlessly versatile still best for Zion

Still like something about nature, vaping the way it should be... simplicity, purity... As close to combustion as you can get without smoke (just 10%! Sorry I had to ;):lol:)

And for the logo, the current one is a bit complex to be burned in, I can see that, but what about creating a brand instead of burning it in? StickyBrick uses a brand for his and it works quite well, then you could easily capture the simplistic complexity of the current logo...

And yeah I too still like black and white the most frankly... In general not such a fan of those rasta colors together personally, but yeah maybe more naturalized versions could work. In any case the brand on the Milaana won't be colored regardless (will Zion be getting a brand too when it rises like the phoenix btw?)
Love sticky bricks logo. Simple and says it all. Looks awesome branded.

Limitless vaping
Milaana Unlimited

RBTMarketing

Company Rep

Hi everyone!

My name is Steve and, as Ryan mentioned, I will be working as the new Marketing Manager for RBT. It's an honor to work with such an experienced engineer and innovator like Ryan combined with such a dedicated community on FC.

Ryan and I are trying to find the most effective marketing strategy, and brand ambassadors is likely the start to that. We need the help of each and every one of you to help spread the word about this amazing vape. More details to come as we finalize our plan over the next few weeks!

Our priorities are:
1) Build a brand that will withstand the test of time. This means killer logo, slogan, products, customer service and fans (like you)! Our minds are open to your feedback and we truly value your time and opinions.
2) Fulfill preorders. Anyone who ordered a vape, first of all, thank you! Thank you for your support, your patience and your confidence in RBT. Our vision to make the Mi and Zi the most popular handheld vapes starts with you.
3) Expand and grow. This means developing and improving new and current products. We're also working on a brand new, mobile-friendly, fun website. We look forward to establishing a brand ambassador program that will spread the good RBT word, while educating people about these quality products.

Please feel free to PM me or tag me in posts with any questions. I'll be monitoring this thread as well.

Looking forward to a great adventure ahead!

All my best,
Steven

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
Milaana was supposed to arive yesterday but the tracking lied to me. Today the tracking still hadn't moved, but alas, there she was on my doorstep.

The overall look and feel was nice. Smaller than expected. One side was rougher than another but thats not a huge issue. Used a samsung 25r for the first two bowls, very quick heat up. First pull, great flavor, clouds comparable to my SBJ & Lily (that means its a keeper). Vapor harshness was equal to the SBJ as well - not too bad.

It is just like an electric butane vaporizer. I can't wait to get my other two stems and screens to be able to pre-pack and share with friends. This vaporizer has so much potential - meaning more use is required ;-)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
3000MAH
I did not mean they were completely toasted, just that is where I switch and plug it in.
More fun for me with a full battery.

This is another amazing technique in that you always use the top end off the battery rather than chase the dropping voltage (wattage) as the battery drains. This also allows for rapid charge of the battery. The drop from 4.2 to 4 V is fast... I wonder if there is a charger that you could set the top of charge voltage to put the battery in your favorite voltage "sweet spot"? ... @thekarmawhore can your fancy charger do that? BTW the top of charge is where the concentrate mesh / hemp fiber works best.

I have this little wooden box that I bought years ago to keep my stash in. It's a design that I just love. It was made by a local wood worker. I bought it at store and have know idea who made it.

A wooden logo would be awesome.

I was at a festival last weekend and was looking at some blended wood pieces from a guy who did Bambo stash tubes (I'll Tweet a pic). and some amazing natural material jewelry. Anyway, yeh, a mixed wood logo inset would be striking. If the logo was a simple design it would lend it self more to easy manufacturing processes... like what if the logo (in print) was a Maple, Cherry, and Walnut triangles that made up the larger triangle. The the wood branding iron can be the simple lines and dots that form the triangle? All great things for Steve to sort out :)

@RastaBuddhaTao dig that color scheme you used on Twitter with the Cobalt, Green and Amber glass.

Hmmmmm... our new manufacture is currently working to make Cobalt, Emerald and Amber glass for Mi and Zi... I wonder if they could make glass that would be the frame for the above wood? That is what would be nice about the simple triangle logo, it lends itself to easy physical expression and variants for branding as apposed to print / digital.

I am liking the natural, simple vibe and agree that the RGY and Y/Y are a bit commercial. I wonder how long Steve will let us freewheel before he reels us back in. (lol) Fun being in the unbridled creative stages isn't it... No idea is a bad idea.

RBTMarketing

Company Rep
I was at a festival last weekend and was looking at some blended wood pieces from a guy who did Bambo stash tubes (I'll Tweet a pic). and some amazing natural material jewelry. Anyway, yeh, a mixed wood logo inset would be striking. If the logo was a simple design it would lend it self more to easy manufacturing processes... like what if the logo (in print) was a Maple, Cherry, and Walnut triangles that made up the larger triangle. The the wood branding iron can be the simple lines and dots that form the triangle? All great things for Steve to sort out :)

I am liking the natural, simple vibe and agree that the RGY and Y/Y are a bit commercial. I wonder how long Steve will let us freewheel before he reels us back in. (lol) Fun being in the unbridled creative stages isn't it... No idea is a bad idea.

A wood logo would be cool but needs to be replicable.

And I'm all for ideas. Don't want to restrict free thought. All comments are welcome. Ryan and I will take all feedback seriously and discuss.

AJS

Calm Consistency
And I'm all for ideas. Don't want to restrict free thought. All comments are welcome. Ryan and I will take all feedback seriously and discuss.
You'll fit in just fine here, happy to have you on board, friend!

For those of you who haven't taken a break from your Milaana, even to use another vape, I recommend it. Seeing their differences is fun....even if it's over and over and over again. Really is different in so many ways. It's easy to get accustomed to a vape and have it lose it's special feeling that it used to give you, which results only in a very disappointing disorder, VAS. If I use a vape for a week straight and I think it's the best vape in the world, the second I touch Milaana again, it's game over, from hit number one.

For those of you without a ton of vape experience, maybe a heavy hitter or two, I can assure you, Milaana is such a powerful, powerful choice. If one were to get another vape to baby the Milaana, I would go for something completely different, or something for a different niche, to really branch your experience.... I think my Milaana/GH/Vapman combo is wonderful. Milaana for the true user based experience, the home hitter, the grave digger, the all around best vape experience I've ever experienced (Actually, whenever I think of my passed down E-Nano...ugh). The GH, while similar to the Milaana, fills the stealth niche while satisfying the desire for technological advancement, and the vapman brings one back to the simplest roots of vaping, while offering a pristine, relaxing atmospheric routine to satiate multiple senses.

Guys...I really love vaping.

I'm so glad RBT has been in the forums trying to brand RBT into what it deserves to be....Into what it IS. So many misled assumptions about this vape, it truly is wonderful, despite the journey. And really, the journey could have been so much worse. I'm thankful we all have our units now for the most part, and a very very very small failure rate, and I NEVER worry about anything negative happening to my Milaana. It feels so incredibly sturdy with so little to go wrong. And guess what, if it does, I have a backup. And...I'm covered through warranty, so not even a concern. It's nights like this that make VAS does not even exist! Jk...there's always room for another. *cough* zion, where you be, mate?

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
and I NEVER worry about anything negative happening to my Milaana. It feels so incredibly sturdy with so little to go wrong.

Haha, fk that. Just learned my lesson with a nano. I'm done with duplicates of the same vape too.

beiberhole69,
Reactions: AJS

Bandoo

This is another amazing technique in that you always use the top end off the battery rather than chase the dropping voltage (wattage) as the battery drains. This also allows for rapid charge of the battery. The drop from 4.2 to 4 V is fast... I wonder if there is a charger that you could set the top of charge voltage to put the battery in your favorite voltage "sweet spot"? ... @thekarmawhore can your fancy charger do that? BTW the top of charge is where the concentrate mesh / hemp fiber works best.

Hmmmmm... our new manufacture is currently working to make Cobalt, Emerald and Amber glass for Mi and Zi... I wonder if they could make glass that would be the frame for the above wood? That is what would be nice about the simple triangle logo, it lends itself to easy physical expression and variants for branding as apposed to print / digital.

Needs in between size stems.
I cut my long one down to a medium and I think it's perfect..ymmv.
You can also use a short thin rubber band around the battery teminal that wraps around the the glass so it cant fall out.
I have still not got into Jerusalem with it to takes some pics. I didn't forget Ryan..
-----------
RBT MilaanaThe Winner! :leaf:

Works great, heats up fast, uses less material...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wonder if anyone has implemented a telescopic (read, extendable) stem for their Mi....

Thoughts of an idle brain :leaf::bigleaf:.....

PS speaking of *LOGO*s, I had wondered why my Mi does not have a *LOGO* with the RBT *LOGO*
Proudly branded on. :hmm::wave::clap::love::leaf:

PPS a battery indicator wood B de-LIGHT full. .:razz:.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
PPS a battery indicator wood B de-LIGHT full. .:razz:.
There was a light at some point, not sure if technically it was a battery light, but I imagine the intensity would decrease as the life did.
Got cancelled because this device is for full simplicity purposes. Easy in easy out.

Edit: @beiberhole69
Lol, it's not something I normally do. I was pre ordered and got an OG unit, and wanted the updated version to compare, with the intention of selling the OG, but can't quite let go of it lol.

Last edited:

subway13029

I gotta get me some stems from @Alan i just saw I missed your email from a week or so back and also wanna try the ones from the other guys whose name escapes me. EDC?? Also I have been having the issue of almost every time I go to use my mi on the first draw I usually get no heat and have to flip battery or mess around with the little,spring underneath the battery and it has become such a hassle I haven't been using it much because it sucks being surprised when u are actually getting heat and not just wide open airy nothing. But I really wanna figure it out and I've seen people say to lift up on the connection inside the battery chamber? But I dunno I've done that and it's just not always making a connection.

6079Smith

I gotta get me some stems from @Alan i just saw I missed your email from a week or so back and also wanna try the ones from the other guys whose name escapes me. EDC?? Also I have been having the issue of almost every time I go to use my mi on the first draw I usually get no heat and have to flip battery or mess around with the little,spring underneath the battery and it has become such a hassle I haven't been using it much because it sucks being surprised when u are actually getting heat and not just wide open airy nothing. But I really wanna figure it out and I've seen people say to lift up on the connection inside the battery chamber? But I dunno I've done that and it's just not always making a connection.

Are you inserting positive side down and making sure dimple on battery hatch cover is centered on flat end of battery?

If so, check spring tension as you mentioned and pull up as needed. Insert cell with Milaana horizontal so as not to drop the heavy battery onto spring.

That leaves the screw post that the cover is held with. Remove cover, clean and check for tightness of the threaded rod itself. Sounds like your button is making contact, your problem should hopefully lie somewhere in the above.

There's really not much to go wrong, part of the beauty of this vape is the utter simplicity.. and the effortless clouds, of course

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Shout out to Vaped.com for writing this article on Milaana! It's nice to have such dedicated retailers.

https://www.marijuanatimes.org/milaana-desktop-quality-convection-vapor-in-a-portable-vaporizer/

"The Milaana has all of the features a vaporizer user is looking for – control, flavor, flexibility, and power. Similar to other on-demand vapes, there is a slight learning curve that comes with the Milaana (one controls every aspect of the experience without complicated electronics dictating the heating curve), but mastering the technique comes quickly and provides a strong feeling of connection to the herb"

Sums it up quite nicely doesn't it? He should join us here :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom