Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAVaper

I didn't mean to suggest that it'd take 6 months to get results! My husband and I were getting pretty stoned with the first try! It's very effective! Only that it might take me 6 months to get to the same comfort level and expertise as I feel with Vapman. Maybe not, but at this rate, it's going to be a slow process as the effect is so strong, I can't concentrate on technique or much else for that matter, after a few draws. :p

Maybe by the time you get the hang of the Milaana your Zion will be showing up? ;)

kimura

@GTAVaper thanks for the idea but I'm afraid the smell persists through repeated 3-5 second burnoffs. at idle, the bowl now smells slightly, but after holding the botton for 1-2 seconds it starts to smell badly. this is another reason I doubt that it is charred wood, because I wouldn't expect the smell to come on so strong after 1-2 seconds if that were the case. and I would expect it to smell more at idle. who knows though, and I'm not planning on opening it up unless RBT decides not to fix it for some reason.

kimura,

GTAVaper

@GTAVaper thanks for the idea but I'm afraid the smell persists through repeated 3-5 second burnoffs. at idle, the bowl now smells slightly, but after holding the botton for 1-2 seconds it starts to smell badly. this is another reason I doubt that it is charred wood, because I wouldn't expect the smell to come on so strong after 1-2 seconds if that were the case. and I would expect it to smell more at idle. who knows though, and I'm not planning on opening it up unless RBT decides not to fix it for some reason.

@kimura
Yup! I would definitely bet that something is touching the heater that shouldn't be........I would be sending it back to RBT. Kind of sucks to have to do that but the sooner it goes.....the sooner you get it back.

I am really enjoying mine but there is a big drawback in the unregulated nature of it and the differing performances with different batteries. I am sure that this is where the Zion is going to perform a lot better and with more consistency due to the regulated nature of the Zion.

So far I have tried the LG HG2's 20A-3000mAh (brown), LG HB4's 30A-1600mAh (mustard), Sony VTC 5's 30A-2600mAh (green) and the Samsung 25 R's 20A-2500mAh (earlier cyan blue version). A summary of my experiences with these batteries, in the short time I've used them, are as follows.

Battery Performance

Vaping roughly 0.1g loads, basket style with tamped load about 2mm from the end of the bowl. 90% of usage was through a water bubbler

The LG HG2's vaped 4 bowls .... but with slow performance on the 4th bowl - ending at 3.8V and not wanting to use it further .....due to the slow performance.....maybe it could have gotten another 2 bowls vaped based on its voltage......but I just didn't like the way it was performing. But this was also my first usage of the Milaana ......so maybe when I cycle through these batteries again I will have a better idea in my mind of acceptable performance levels and see how they perform with at least a 5th bowl.....and maybe a 6th if that is possible.
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.08, 3.97, 3.89. 3.80)

The LG HB4's vaped 3 bowls and probably could have gotten a 4th bowl done .....but it combusted on the 3rd bowl and I used the remaining usable battery power to help burn off any remaining ash before scraping.....and again then to ensure the ISO residue was completely gone.
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.0, 3.89, 3.68)

But one unique thing to this battery was that even at 3.68V at the end of the 3rd bowl that it combusted on ..... it performed more quickly than the brown HG2's at 3.8V

The green Sony VTC5's vaped 5 bowls and also performed the most consistently all the way through all of the bowls......I never tried a 6th bowl solely because of the measured voltage but it could have very well done another bowl.....who knows?
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.06, 3.91, 3.79, 3.70, 3.63)

Right now I am still using the blue Samsung 25R's and have only vaped two bowls with these batteries so far ......and my voltages were 4.02 and 3.88 at the end of each bowl and I am already finding that I need longer button pushes....so I don't know where I will end up with these yet.....I will update these performance numbers and also keep a log of them for a little longer before posting all the results together.

Later Edit: These didn't perform well at all. The third bowl required a full 30 seconds on the button until acceptable vapour was to be had. Granted, that was at the end of a load......but there was still plenty of nice vapour that rolled off that bowl at the end of the higher temp variety so if I had a full battery at that point I would have arrived at the same point in a few seconds .....rather than half a minute. The batteries did spend about a year in storage though ....so they might not be the most representative of their species.
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.02, 3.88, 3.7)

But right now .....of all the batteries that I've used......I am finding that the Sony VTC5's are the best and most consistent performing batteries that I've used of them all and that the HB4's are the quickest heating for the first couple of loads.....and very noticeable on the first load.

Conclusion: I like the Sony VTC5's the best so far :nod: :tup:

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@kimura
Yup! I would definitely bet that something is touching the heater that shouldn't be........I would be sending it back to RBT. Kind of sucks to have to do that but the sooner it goes.....the sooner you get it back.

I am really enjoying mine but there is a big drawback in the unregulated nature of it and the differing performances with different batteries. I am sure that this is where the Zion is going to perform a lot better and with more consistency due to the regulated nature of the Zion.

So far I have tried the LG HG2's 20A-3000mAh (brown), LG HB4's 30A-1600mAh (mustard), Sony VTC 5's 30A-2600mAh (green) and the Samsung 25 R's 20A-2500mAh (earlier cyan blue version). A summary of my experiences with these batteries, in the short time I've used them, are as follows.

Battery Performance

Vaping roughly 0.1g loads, basket style with tamped load about 2mm from the end of the bowl

The LG HG2's vaped 4 bowls .... but with slow performance on the 4th bowl - ending at 3.8V and not wanting to use it further .....due to the slow performance.....maybe it could have gotten another 2 bowls vaped based on its voltage......but I just didn't like the way it was performing. But this was also my first usage of the Milaana ......so maybe when I cycle through these batteries again I will have a better idea in my mind of acceptable performance levels and see how they perform with at least a 5th bowl.....and maybe a 6th if that is possible.
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.08, 3.97, 3.89. 3.80)

The LG HB4's vaped 3 bowls and probably could have gotten a 4th bowl done .....but it combusted on the 3rd bowl and I used the remaining usable battery power to help burn off any remaining ash before scraping.....and again then to ensure the ISO residue was completely gone.
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.0, 3.89, 3.68)

But one unique thing to this battery was that even at 3.68V at the end of the 3rd bowl that it combusted on ..... it performed more quickly than the brown HG2's at 3.8V

The green Sony VTC5's vaped 5 bowls and also performed the most consistently all the way through all of the bowls......I never tried a 6th bowl solely because of the measured voltage but it could have very well done another bowl.....who knows?
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.06, 3.91, 3.79, 3.70, 3.63)

Right now I am still using the blue Samsung 25R's and have only vaped two bowls with these batteries so far ......and my voltages were 4.02 and 3.88 at the end of each bowl and I am already finding that I need longer button pushes....so I don't know where I will end up with these yet.....I will update these performance numbers and also keep a log of them for a little longer before posting all the results together.
(Volts at end of each bowl; 4.02, 3.88, ???, ???)

But right now .....of all the batteries that I've used......I am finding that the Sony VTC5's are the best and most consistent performing batteries that I've used of them all and that the HB4's are the quickest heating for the first couple of loads.....and very noticeable on the first load.

Conclusion: I like the Sony VTC5's the best so far :nod: :tup:
Thanks for that detailed battery summary!

Well thought out and it displays well!

AJS

Calm Consistency
HB4 or HE4? Most of us have the original HE4s...

I pretty much only use mine through the water unless I'm going out. A back to back session can get really hot on the throat, but when I'm on the go, I'm normally spacing my hits out far enough to where it's never an issue. But if I'm at home, I'll definitely go through water. I want a long dry stem with a trumpet mouthpiece, sorta like the evo dry. Would probably make it very enjoyable for at home use. Super flavor but cool enough to be very enjoyable. Mmmmm.

GTAVaper

HB4 or HE4? Most of us have the original HE4s...

I pretty much only use mine through the water unless I'm going out. A back to back session can get really hot on the throat, but when I'm on the go, I'm normally spacing my hits out far enough to where it's never an issue. But if I'm at home, I'll definitely go through water. I want a long dry stem with a trumpet mouthpiece, sorta like the evo dry. Would probably make it very enjoyable for at home use. Super flavor but cool enough to be very enjoyable. Mmmmm.

Nope.....HB4's....they are out there :)
Mustard coloured......a darker yellow than the HE4's

Check out some of Mooch's reviews on them.....rated very highly for high current draw mods.

Which is why the capacity is a lot lower as well at 1600mAh.

But even at lower voltages it seems to be able to draw current much more capably (30A rated) than much higher rated capacity batteries that are also rated for fairly high current drain (HG2's, 3000mAh - 20A). The heat buildup is quick....even on the lower voltage bowls.

Choughed

Maybe by the time you get the hang of the Milaana your Zion will be showing up? ;)

Yes, I estimated another 6 month wait sometime back in Jan or Feb this year, I hope you're wrong of course!
The basket style is helping the abv colour, and while the flavour isn't quite like Vapman, the effect is strong, even with my least favourite herb. I prefer Vapman for my tastiest herb, not just for flavour but for conservation too. Milaana really loves her herb. I'm still using both, side by side, very happy and quite medicated. ;)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I didn't mean to suggest that it'd take 6 months to get results! My husband and I were getting pretty stoned with the first try! It's very effective! Only that it might take me 6 months to get to the same comfort level and expertise as I feel with Vapman. Maybe not, but at this rate, it's going to be a slow process as the effect is so strong, I can't concentrate on technique or much else for that matter, after a few draws. :p

It won't take 6 months to master. You can keep improving, but you should reach 90% expertise in a month or less, especially if you use every day. Pretty soon you'll go on autopilot, like driving, but with a powerful engine and manual transmission. More control, but a bit more to harness, with way more fun.

Feather (breath shift, button throttle) like shifting gears/accelerating, up and down.

Be the Milaana :nope::nope:

Last edited:

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
I just noticed a little bit of clear glue on the seam at the bottom. What should I o to remove it? High grit sand paper?

ApparentlyStoned,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Beeswax works well, and many have used. Be sure whatever u use is *food grade*
@ApparentlyStoned

Long work day in Manhattan, again tomorrow. Tonight wife making an awesome seafood dinner, afterwards I'm gonna fire up 2 MI's and chain vape until I pass out. :razz:

There are way to few of us with Milaana's. This thread is getting kinda stale once we stopped complaining about what's wrong, it all got pretty quiet.

I want to know how you all use your Mi, what is good, the not so good, could use improvement, etc etc.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Beeswax works well, and many have used. Be sure whatever u use is *food grade*
@ApparentlyStoned

Long work day in Manhattan, again tomorrow. Tonight wife making an awesome seafood dinner, afterwards I'm gonna fire up 2 MI's and chain vape until I pass out. :razz:

There are way to few of us with Milaana's. This thread is getting kinda stale once we stopped complaining about what's wrong, it all got pretty quiet.

I want to know how you all use your Mi, what is good, the not so good, could use improvement, etc etc.

Managed to get the brass nut that @Dramma Lamma showed a picture of, #6-32 nut, although I'm not sure who originally mentioned the idea. I think page 183 or 184. Definitely an improvement over the regular washers that RBT provides and everything looks flush with no stress in any wrong places. Really easy find at Home Depot. I also looked for more brass thingymajigs as a tightener, but they didn't have anything other than nuts, and I didn't want double nuts, just something else with an interesting pattern. Oh well, the one that RBT selected is good looking enough. Really though, for those of you with higher batteries on newer units, get the brass nut, huge difference. Less pressure on the battery to make a connection. I see it better for longevity in multiple ways.

TheRobbo

Those of you who use concentrated with the milaana what's your technique? I been using elfwick degummed hemp but my results vary
I found a little bit of some QWISO I made a while ago in the shed and had to give it a go... I got some steel mesh ribbon with the Mi so made like a mesh hash mesh sandwich in the basket smooshed in there pretty tight. Decided I would need to go pretty hot so was going to preheat for 10 seconds, but chikened out at 7. Normal slow draw to start then speed up, could see heaps of vapor in the stem almost straight away feather to keep hit going then off for the last bit to cool the unit. Needless to say massive amounts of cloudage!

Also on indivuality my glass is neither fully recessed nor proud but about 2mm out of the wood. I'll get some pics when I can.

Also, also, I thought seeing as I had already held the button for 7 seconds with no ill effect I would try it in a dark room and saw the start of a glow in about 6.5 crocodiles. I was impressed by the even look of the glow the whole heater seems to be working at the same time nicely.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@AJS
Awesome, I'm off Monday, off to HD, should have an original Mi by Monday. I have a mod idea that is "stupid easy", can be accomplished in seconds. but there are numerous way to do, one simpler than the next. I'm shocked no one's come up with it yet, but someone has come super close.

When I'm at HD on monday, I'll scope the best products to accomplish this, get it done, take pics and post.

I already have a cheapy prototype of it working, but it looks a bit amateurish, won't do the concept justice. I will say it has something to do with what AJS is talking about.
:huh::shrug::doh:

Bravesst,

AJS

Calm Consistency
I already have a cheapy prototype of it working, but it looks a bit amateurish, won't do the concept justice. I will say it has something to do with what AJS is talking about.
I came across something interesting with the Brass Nut that I'm surprised no one has come across as well...Wonder if your discovery is along the same lines as mine? That would be interesting...Doubt it though, lol.
What I found was, with the nut and washers organized in a particular fashion, it's impossible for the copper door to make contact with the battery. This would allow you to keep a battery loaded without having to worry about accidental firing of the trigger. The copper sits too high even when fully tightened.
I'll get pictures later of the setup to make the connection, and the setup with the "safety". Only way I could see it being able to fire would be to turn the unit upside down so the battery slides up and touches the copper, but then it probably wouldn't make contact with the spring on the bottom of the compartment, so it may be fool proof.

I'm excited to see what you cook up!

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Well, here is the post lots of you have been waiting for I'm sure.

The glue has cured and I'm now using the device with no major worries, other than the glue decaying over time.

Works good and it certainly is essentially the log on the go, which is what I was hoping for.

Occasionally the load gets charred, but it's always right in the center. showing how well centered the heater is and I actually would call that a compliment.

Anyone out there have a pic comparing a US to ISO 18mm fitting?

All the item's I've found fit this, and It seems unlikely that I've just lucked into all the correct fitting. Would be nice to see the difference we are talking about here.

My Milaana has the outer lip of the 19mm female glass recessed into the wood body but still stands proud of the wood by about 1mm or so.

However, I do see a thick bead of white glue running around the top of the joint .....except where there is a gap where the air inlet is located.

Absolutely no smell, and I'm not suggesting anything unsafe about it since it isn't in the air path and I've never caught a hint of any strange smell or taste.

But, I was thinking that IF a small piece of this bead were to detach and drop nearer to the heater then maybe it might be heated past its high temp rating and/or potentially become located near the air path inlet.

Perhaps this might explain the suddenly strange smell ....since nothing is going to get inside that wasn't already there.....but perhaps now that "nothing" has shifted into contact with a heat source?

Well thanks, now I'l' never get 100% comfortable with the glue's existence thanks to this concept.
Double edged sword there lol.

With the milaana, i feel confident it will work every time. If i drop it and it breaks, well that is on me, so i am careful, but also why i won't take this vape skiing or places it may get knocked hard. I also feel that if i do drop it and glass breaks or the bottom pops off, or the female joint unglues, I could still macguyver something and use it to get me through the rest of my outing. Alot of people who report issues seem to note it still works.

I find it funny you say this, as a huge appeal to this device for me is that there is no electronic circuits etc to worry about getting bounced violently. I've yet to have a glass item break on me while snowboarding. What would be your ideal skiing vape?

Last edited:
Milaana vs Mighty ? Is it worth upgrading from my Mighty vape to a Milaana ?

Completely different style vaporizer. The mighty pulls effortless clouds and is easier to share, the mi takes more technique but is capable of bigger extractions.

I believe @WakeAndVape has hisk Mighty still? Maybe he can chime in. I've got my mi technique dialed in to where I can get 2-3 hit extractions pretty consistently on the first 2-3 bowls.

Choughed

I got it! I figured out how to get lots of hits, even extraction, and very high with the Milaana! I just needed to get high with the Vapman first, then I "am the Milaana" so much easier. :D haha. I also found a little trick was to bring the tongue up to the top of the mouth and restrict the flow while pulling a little harder. Stirring half way through helped a lot too. Musta been over thinking it! ;)

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
For what is worthed the manufacture rbt is working with has its own internet site.

http://www.sirkom.net

It seems they are an IT company.

Edit: it seems they are (or at least were) located next to the same building rbt showed in picture some moths ago (the one with bars on the windows)

Last edited:
Andreaerdna,
Reactions: nondarb

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hi Mi dears,

received my Mi3 4 or 5 daze ago.. was busy, but now I dressed her up a bit and named her! :D

She's one of those super fucking hot rock chicks as you can see...

This is how I got to know her...a steamy momma
fuWzYwU.jpg

Foreplay... I love that ceremony everytime...the looks...
72rpzT9.jpg

This is how it look when we're having a break... yeah, we talked about protection... This is how we play safe!
DmMosoz.jpg

I call her "Tenacious" (and sometimes just "The D" - yeah, I know... but she likes it when I shout it..:rolleyes:... originally it's "Destiny"... And she's MI Destiny, might call her like that too... And she's fine with that also, she's just so fucking versatile and flexible :D)

By the following lines and pic, I do NOT intend to provoke anyone, who might not have gotten his first Mi. At least I hope, that every last international pre-order has received their unit(s)!!!

Here's my 3 darlings showing off:

The Great Recession - the story of 3 vaping hot sistaz that all like being feathered :brow:
:ko:
ktcd98Y.jpg

Peace & enjoy your millis
:peace:

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
oxfXRbY.jpg

M8Fgbc5.jpg

Picture number 1 shows how flush the battery is with the copper.
Picture 2 shows how you can rearrange them to create a safety. I tried activating the heat in any way possible, and it just can't make a connection. Don't hold me liable if you try this and something happens though.

Using the Milaana at a coffee shop again and it's working wonderfully. Just go out back for a minute or two and walk back in. Everyone has crazy looking ecigs here anyway, no one is the wiser.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
So simple, friction stick
Nd2DAhT.jpg

Place on top of brass cap
oFCJH5P.jpg

Flip cap and no contact
7voSuFt.jpg

Got them at good old HD. Also picked up #6 brass washers (replaced SS), #6 brass machine nuts, even snagged a SS wing nut just for fun. Gotta be a cool #6 end cap bolt out there someplace.

The big mod here isn't the disc, but concept of cap flip. I'm sure you can all come up with good alternatives to use here.

In action, won't budge! Looks so good all brass, notice washers. What a beauty, cracked glass and all. At some point she'll make the trip upstate, but I will need 2 working Mi's to do the work of my workhorse.

Is it normal I love her more than people?

kjvNBdi.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom