Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippogriff

Wow, I am getting around three bowls on multiple battery types......and just not being satisfied with the performance of the fourth bowl - so far with both LG HB4's and LG HG2's....but also currently testing VTC5's and older blue Samsung 25R's.

I am tracking the voltage drops and performance quirks and will post results later.

Perhaps I am preheating and having a longer bowl warmup time than what would be necessary with a hotter running Milaana? Thereby going through more battery power?

However, I do like the ease of control that a slower heater also adds to the equation.....it takes just a little longer to screw up and reach combustion.

So maybe not such a bad thing?
Sounds on the slow side, but w/in range, could be a pack/draw speed thing? I'm running HE4s (yellow), smallish roughly ground loads, 4-6 draws/bowl, 4 bowls gets me right around 3.8v where I usually recharge. Feel like I know what I'm doing down to 3.6v, so could probably focus in and get 6 bowls/battery, but four is plenty and keeps things fast. Pascal is from the April batch, on a fresh battery/cold heater I preheat 5 seconds before drawing.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My feathering technique, one of many... (feather button and breath)
video to follow, need to upload from phone. video not backlit to show cloudage, but about the draw / button technique

Nice dude, the name Milaana came from the need to feather the button actually, aside from sounding unique and pretty, supposedly Milaana can also mean modulate. Seems quite a few early units were tuned cooler/slower, but newer ones should be faster like this. I also think if you want low temp smooth vapor like I do you may not need to feather (just not hold the button too long) whereas high temp vapor benefits from the feathering so you don't scorch and can maintain a stable temp it does rise in temp rather quickly even if the curve does level out as mentioned earlier. Ofcourse draw speed and material/pack play a big role too, but this is a good way to control the button variable effectively for thick smooth vapor

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
Man, I am so tired of this. I was told my order was delayed because they were waiting for chargers. Ryan even emailed me that he would go buy one locally if he had to in order to complete and ship my order (from early MAY) and make sure it shipped early this week. Well, I emailed on Tuesday and again today, and nothing but silence. My patience grows thin. This is ridiculous.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Man, I am so tired of this. I was told my order was delayed because they were waiting for chargers. Ryan even emailed me that he would go buy one locally if he had to in order to complete and ship my order (from early MAY) and make sure it shipped early this week. Well, I emailed on Tuesday and again today, and nothing but silence. My patience grows thin. This is ridiculous.
It's brutal, but once you accept the reality of RBT, and the awesomeness of the product, just pick another vendor (planet vape, and one other was mentioned in this thread), and request a refund from RBT. Easiest way is just accept what is, and do what it takes to get this thing in your hand, you'll be happy you did.

@shitsnacks
medium to find grind, but DRY. Humidity is kicking up here, and herb has to be dried. I use a light bulb for an hour or so, about 6 inches away from the product, depending upon wattage. I tamp pretty tight, like no air spaces, but aim for not much compression. Of course, even if there was some, Milaana's power just eats through it anyway, but greater risk of char.

Charring is only possible if I get stupid. Combustion is not really gonna happen, but I'll never say never. I can create the density, taste I want, with modulation, regulation (hence unregulated) as the vape doesn't assume total control like very other vape out there except gas fired or maybe tethered logs. That is what rocks about this thing.

Milaana = freedom and control in an instant

UPDATE ON MI #1

Shipped back to RBT in God awful shape. Reminds, me, gotta get tracking numbers to RBT. I hope she makes it back home soon, safe and sound, better than ever. In the meantime, I traded a UD for an original Milaana, no recessed glass (Mi Amore).

I need to change my girls names. I am not on board with the Flintstone theme. Pebbles and BamBam (daily driver with a crack who've I mastered).

Name Update
M #1 (OOS, sent in for repairs) Mary my first
M #2 (heavy daily use) Jane my workhorse
M #3 (in protective custody) Pandora my Ferrari
M #4 (in transit) MiAmore my classic

Hitting Pandora now. Oh - My - God (said in that obnoxious "Janice" from friends voice)!!! What is going on here? I've got a new stem, new battery, brand new walnut oil finish, and it is hitting super hard, smooth, and forever. I'm actually confused, I've got the loaves and fishes thing going on here, with like .08g. I swear, I musta hit every variable on the first real stem ever, or this new Mi is even better than 1 and 2. It won't lighten up on flavor or milk, after a dozen hits.

Walnut Oil, two coats, all natural, super easy to apply. Ten minutes past. I uploaded this pic, stirred once, 3 more huge hits. I'm shaking my head while looking at what is in that stem. Like next to no product. Pandora is a THC extraction machine, so responsive, she's the Ferrari of my collection, this girl has legs!
LfyR1bv.jpg

Last edited:

justvapin

I would have done that, and probably should have. To order from Planetvape, I would have to wait for a refund from RBT. And who knows how long that would take. I guess I'll give it a couple more days. But wow, you'd think this guy would learn something about customer service at some point. A simple email would go a long way.

justvapin,
Reactions: ctxgooner

Choughed

A little brown box sat patiently in a converted dog kennel mail box on a cold and wet winters day in the middle of nowhere Australia today. I forgot it was mail day! Thank you @RastaBuddhaTao and everyone else responsible for making it happen! It's warming up by the fire as I write. :)

Looking forward to trying it out, kinda nervous too. After dinner! ;)

Edit: Couldn't wait, had to try it. It's going to take a bit of practice, messed up the first load, everything as is screen wise, short stem, very hot on my lips, but my better half suggested moving them over the glass, it's so different from Vapman! That helps, but I'd like to try the long stem next, but we're both quite medicated from the first try, so I may have to wait. :p

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Been testing my PV stems. I like them both, I think they're going with the shorty... greater distance from oven. I'll get a real review out in a few days. Makes sense, as this represents a bigger change from stock.

I was wondering why they have created a double male 18mm tapered joint for you glass lovers. I might hook it up to a J hook, but lots of options here.

Choughed

Ok, I hate to ask, but can someone please point me in the direction of that great picture of where someone had their screen? I'm having trouble getting evenly vaped abv and I thought moving the screen might help.

Mail Day? Shit mate you are in the middle of nowhere

Admittedly, mail does come 3 times a week. Town is only next door, and although tiny, we aren't isolated by any means. Off grid though, which means battery charging is best on sunny days. Here's hoping for better weather. ;)

Tommy10

Ok, I hate to ask, but can someone please point me in the direction of that great picture of where someone had their screen? I'm having trouble getting evenly vaped abv and I thought moving the screen might help.

Admittedly, mail does come 3 times a week. Town is only next door, and although tiny, we aren't isolated by any means. Off grid though, which means battery charging is best on sunny days. Here's hoping for better weather. ;)

No picture, but I had this problem at first, I found moving the screen in basket style 5-10mm back from the lip. I did and it helped, moved it back to flush with the lip now but was handy.

Tommy10,
Reactions: Choughed

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Choughed
Screen distance is one of many variables that interact.

7 VARIABLES
1. Product
2. Grind
3. Tamp
4. Screen Distance
5. Battery Life
6. Draw suction, speed, duration
7. Button depression, feathering
and, all of this is dependent upon goals

GOAL
1. Cloud density
2. Taste, coolness
3. Effect
4. Efficiency
5. Session Style
a. Stealth
b. Lounge
c. Rapid

You gotta play :tup:

justvapin

Well, I sent another email this morning. I guess I was a bit more demanding, but I did get a reply that my unit will ship today. What's kinda funny is Sheila said it will ship separate from the D2 charger (the charger being out of stock was what they said held up the order to begin with), but they would both ship today. Oh well, happy to have some positive news. Hopefully I will see what all the fuss is about early next week.

Update.....I received another email from Ryan this time, apologizing for delay and promised me a few extra goodies for my troubles. He again stated would ship today. Fingers crossed and all is well for the moment. :clap:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

A little brown box sat patiently in a converted dog kennel mail box on a cold and wet winters day in the middle of nowhere Australia today. I forgot it was mail day! Thank you @RastaBuddhaTao and everyone else responsible for making it happen! It's warming up by the fire as I write. :)

Looking forward to trying it out, kinda nervous too. After dinner! ;)

Edit: Couldn't wait, had to try it. It's going to take a bit of practice, messed up the first load, everything as is screen wise, short stem, very hot on my lips, but my better half suggested moving them over the glass, it's so different from Vapman! That helps, but I'd like to try the long stem next, but we're both quite medicated from the first try, so I may have to wait. :p

Yay congrats!

So you can try moving the screen closer, or the aforementioned basket style which I like for tiny loads, but as mentioned grind and pack are a bigger factor really, try medium loose, let the heat tamp it in your first hit, and don't pack ot full either. Then the variable is how you draw (try to start slow then speed up a bit), and the trigger, always hold it less for smoother vapor, it holds a lot of heat so use it by drawing faster as you feel the heat and let go off the trigger but keep drawing to clear it. Enjoy and good luck, you'll get there with practice, pure convection on demand is a totally different type of manual technique from the VapMan and many other vapes. :tup:

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Got to bring the new Mina to a coffee shop today where I normally sit outside and vape when no one is out there. The faster heatup made it infinitely easier to read and vape. Could wait 20 minutes between hits and still get massive ones right out of the cold(ish) unit. So much fun being able to vape like that. This was one of the first times that I brought the new Mina out and about, it's been through water 95% of her life. My optimal unit would be one that heats up extremely quickly, but at a lower max temp than my current one. Obviously that's not what we have here, but feathering the button is easy enough and gives more control than a lower max temp unit even if it had super rapid getting-to-temp capability.

murf2010

Those of you who use concentrated with the milaana what's your technique? I been using elfwick degummed hemp but my results vary

murf2010,

Choughed

So you can try moving the screen closer, or the aforementioned basket style which I like for tiny loads, but as mentioned grind and pack are a bigger factor really, try medium loose, let the heat tamp it in your first hit, and don't pack ot full either.

Thank you for your suggestions, I did try like you and @Tommy10 said, basket style, close to the end/heater, and I don't remember exactly what next.. Something took a knife and sliced a layer of skin from the inside of my mouth and throat, "busted" my poor lungs and vapor tried exiting from my ears. I was so wrecked, I didn't look to see if I combusted or not, some water and a spoon full of honey for the throat and then I went to bed.

This vape is crazy! I guess Vapman took about 6 months for me to really get to know him, and it feels like a simpler vape. I imagine Mi will take at least that long. Of course, it's not without its rewards during this process. I guess that's why we keep coming back for more. ;)

Shit Snacks

Thank you for your suggestions, I did try like you and @Tommy10 said, basket style, close to the end/heater, and I don't remember exactly what next.. Something took a knife and sliced a layer of skin from the inside of my mouth and throat, "busted" my poor lungs and vapor tried exiting from my ears. I was so wrecked, I didn't look to see if I combusted or not, some water and a spoon full of honey for the throat and then I went to bed.

This vape is crazy! I guess Vapman took about 6 months for me to really get to know him, and it feels like a simpler vape. I imagine Mi will take at least that long. Of course, it's not without its rewards during this process. I guess that's why we keep coming back for more. ;)

lol indeed, manual vapes and their learning curves, usually end up being well worth it though. Biggest tip is just don't hold the button for more than a few seconds at a time, that will help you control the heat more easily regardless of draw and pack. Good luck, should be a fun next six months, then when you finally have Zion you'll take right to it I am sure :D

waxdab23

lol indeed, manual vapes and their learning curves, usually end up being well worth it though. Biggest tip is just don't hold the button for more than a few seconds at a time, that will help you control the heat more easily regardless of draw and pack. Good luck, should be a fun next six months, then when you finally have Zion you'll take right to it I am sure :D

For those of you who also own wax pens...is the button feathering described above similar to pulsing a wax pen?

Been considering purchasing a Milaana but I don't want a six month learning curve lol. Wondering if having experience with wax pens makes learning the Milaana a bit easier?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been considering purchasing a Milaana but I don't want a six month learning curve lol. Wondering if having experience with wax pens makes learning the Milaana a bit easier?
Having experience with MFLB and Lotus made the Milaana a breeze to pick up.
As long as you have experience with feeling heat or monitoring heat and adjusting, you'll be fine. If you feel the heat through a wax pen and monitor your heat accordingly, then you should feel something similar with the milaana.

Shit Snacks

For those of you who also own wax pens...is the button feathering described above similar to pulsing a wax pen?

I think its pretty different, wax pen you are heating the wax with conduction as you pulse and that creates the vapor, Milaana is pure convection so you are drawing the heat over the herb to vaporize. Probably more technique but its pretty intuitive and easy to get the hang the more you use it imo. Some people take right to it too, you just never know with a manual vape

GTAVaper

I agree with @Shit Snacks ......I have a Source Orb pen where the coil will melt the wax through directly conducted heat. The pulsing of the Milaana is different......you begin as soon as you see vapour (at least while using through glass) because the delay for the vapour to arrive means that you have to rely on visual cues more than heat in the throat as with direct draw.

The heater will still carry heat and it is a good idea to let go of your last pulse at least 5 secs before you intend to finish drawing.....even though it would likely help produce vapoour for longer than this if you kept drawing off of a fresh load.

I also find that with water use ......if the vapour is rolling on and coming in too dense and quickly..... then you are better off lifting the Milaana from the 18mm male end connecting into your water piece rather than trying to cool the heater more by drawing through.

This is because the added heat from a hot heater might just be that extra amount of heat that will take a charred load and ignite it completely. The heater might be cooling with that extra draw.....but at the expense of transferring this heat to the bowl and combusting the load

Shit Snacks

Yeah I haven't even tried this hotter/faster Mi through water yet. I just don't use water like at all anymore now. As a dry vape it is perfect for me though, especially with a tapered down consumption, maybe that's why I don't need the water anymore too. Less hassle either way, still pretty smooth, and oh so tasty :drool:

Choughed

I didn't mean to suggest that it'd take 6 months to get results! My husband and I were getting pretty stoned with the first try! It's very effective! Only that it might take me 6 months to get to the same comfort level and expertise as I feel with Vapman. Maybe not, but at this rate, it's going to be a slow process as the effect is so strong, I can't concentrate on technique or much else for that matter, after a few draws. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom