Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam_baumm

HI all. Can any one verify these would be suitable. There's a retail store near me selling these.

Thx

18650_2400mAh.jpg

Ultrafire 18650 - 2400 mAh

3.7 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery

Consumer Top

Ultrafire_WF139_Charger.jpg

Ultrafire WF139 Rapid Charger

2 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery charger

For 14500,17500,18500,17670 &18650 3.7Volt Lthium Batteries

Ultrafire_18650_3000.jpg

Ultrafire 18650 - 3000mAh

Consumer Top

Samsung_18650_2600mAh.jpg

Samsung 18650-2600mAh

Flat Top

Planet vape has this. May as well buy this there as that's where I'm getting my vape ;)

$14.99

Lithium Battery Charger Charges various sizes of Lithium Ion Cells with a nominal 3.6 volt to 4.2 volt rating. Sizes include but are not limited to 18650, 18350 and 14650, the battery sizes used by the Omicron and Persei vaporizers. This is the same charger...

Last edited:
adam_baumm,

GTAVaper

Sorry but anything Ultrafire is crap......not sure what charger that is but you can do much better for another $15 (or less) also that Samsung is only rated for 5A at even 4v that is only 20W which is less than 1/2 of what you need.

There are many recommendations for batteries within this thread.......choose one of those.....or do your own research to become battery savvy and then you can answer your own questions

......."the truth is out there"....at least with respect to battery info......everything that you've shown is a bad choice. I used GOOGLE for you to check the Samsung since there is a pink Samsung battery out there that might do the trick....just not that one.....but I didn't even bother for the Ultrafire batteries since whatever they claim for its specs is almost 100% likely to be a lie.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@adam_baumm don't buy retail...check out page 50 and look for a post by @AJS

@Bravesst if you have two completely different operating units, it's understandable that experiences differ...

Plus I think it's easier for the butane crowd to harness the beast, because of certain similarities.

If i never owned a Vapman, milaana learning curve would be a bit more steep.

@murf2010 fine grind, thin pack, fresh battery...preheat and blast

GTAVaper

I'm in canada. If I get 1 more brokerage fee imma break some1 ;)
Want to buy from Canadian supplier

I'm in Canada too and it seems like every e-cig store sells eFest Luc chargers (digital) which would be better than the non-digital Nitecore chargers that don't provide any info. But if you can find an Xtar charger (VP2 is decent) with digital readout then those are decent too.

If you can wait 4 weeks for a charger then order from Gearbest - Opus 3100 V2.2 .....a very nice charger.

I personally don't like the Nitecore chargers and myself have the "creme de la creme" of chargers......a SkyRC MC3000 - which is overkill, but nice.

subway13029

Finally dialed in water use tonight because I said to myself "man I just finally dialed in water use tonight" and my damn female glass started to wobble. Damnit to hell...hasn't fallen out yet but it's inevitable. I guess I can try and repair but I've hot some epoxy but I haven't seen de con brand. And what is the warranty process with a unit I bought from someone? I'm guessing like hopper I'm screwed with oh owner? Which with hopper I was good but not sure about @Scrimshaw who sold to me as he's pretty disgruntled with rbt..haha..ok with selling to me so I just gotta stop buying these second hand units cuz they all seem to break at some point..lol...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Finally dialed in water use tonight because I said to myself "man I just finally dialed in water use tonight" and my damn female glass started to wobble. Damnit to hell...hasn't fallen out yet but it's inevitable. I guess I can try and repair but I've hot some epoxy but I haven't seen de con brand. And what is the warranty process with a unit I bought from someone? I'm guessing like hopper I'm screwed with oh owner? Which with hopper I was good but not sure about @Scrimshaw who sold to me as he's pretty disgruntled with rbt..haha..ok with selling to me so I just gotta stop buying these second hand units cuz they all seem to break at some point..lol...
RBT said all early units have the lifetime warranty.

I'm sure he wouldn't leave you in the cold, but if he did the fix seems simple enough

...hell, the muzz-mod you made me is still working friend.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: nondarb

ZC

So it's come to the point where I really don't see much point in using my other vapes. This thing has the power of the log but has huge advantages over them. It's much easier to adjust temp on the fly with the button than it is to fiddle with a dial and warm up times on a log. There's no cord in the way, etc.

And it runs circles around all my other portables, except for the lotus. The lotus is harder to use though, and more importantly dealing with butane is kind of a pain as lighters can get clogged and I need to go out and buy refills etc etc.

My only gripe is that my logs are beautiful handcrafted pieces of art, and while the Milaana is well made it's pretty utilitarian.

I'm considering buying another from PlanetVape and then tearing this one apart and making my own body for it. I'm not under warranty since I bought second-hand.

Maybe I'll try to acquire someone elses broken milaana and use it to make a body before I attempt to take apart this perfectly functioning one.

I hope once RBT gets all their shit together and catch up with demand they can start offering premium wood and custom vapes. A burl milaana would be so beautiful.

Tommy10

Still loving it, I have learnt a few things.
While I prefer butane, batteries are doable. Acceptable to the point I'll probably get a zoin.
Was never using batteries fully anyways, have now moved my screens back a little more, makes it that little bit more tameable with stems per battery not really affected.
Can do smallish loads while still not perfecting the tiny tiny ones, so efficiency for me is a double edge sword. It's very efficient it's just I personally use more with it, between the bigger bowl and joy to use. Although loading even a 1/3 pack basket, thing seems to create vapor beyond how much bud you put in there! Thick too.
Still makes me want a daisy if it can blow bigger clouds, without the batteries... And it really makes me want an at home Zion.
Plus obviously I think plug in RBT vape would be a must have.

AJS

Calm Consistency
My only gripe is that my logs are beautiful handcrafted pieces of art, and while the Milaana is well made it's pretty utilitarian.
Agreed completely, exact reason why I want another log.

I'm not under warranty since I bought second-hand.
Pretty sure you'll be fine man. Unless he explicitly said he wouldn't accept them, and even then, I wouldn't doubt an exception.

Oh, and my uncle who barely consumes, and doesn't even vape, gets massive hits with the Milaana no problem. "Press the button til you feel the heat rise, then throttle" "don't talk to me like I'm dumb, this is easy."

My uncle can be blunt, haha.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
My only gripe is that my logs are beautiful handcrafted pieces of art, and while the Milaana is well made it's pretty utilitarian......
......... A burl milaana would be so beautiful.

Agreed completely, exact reason why I want another log.

Also agree completely.
I too plan to get a second Mi.
I'm hoping that RBT sells enough soon to finance more exotic woods.
When he does, I'll definitely be getting a second.

He will definitely honor the warranty. Your the owner.
....but not the original owner.
I Confess that I've not even bothered to check the wording of RBT's warranty, but lifetime warranties are generally restricted to the original purchase, not second hand units.
This seems fair to me as the burden of looking after EVERY SINGLE unit a manufacturer ever sells regardless of how many hands they have passed through would be onerous in the extreme, and a very unfair expectation on our part.

Having said that, there's no reason that Ryan wouldn't see a recently manufactured unit with a recognised failure mode (?) as something he wouldn't fix (maybe for a small fee?), dunno, but I personally think "definitely" is making decisions that actually lie with RBT, not us.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him fix this for free, but only if he can afford to, and that's up to him.

adam_baumm

I ordered from planetvape.ca and ordered their 14.99 l Ion charger.

Have a feeling I will love this thing. Picking up Friday. I'll let you all know how much I like it next Monday.

What batteries are fc people using. Any recommendations.

I want to order from canada if possible.

Last edited:
adam_baumm,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@adam_baumm : you didn't read the pages you were directed to no? :goon:

Search a thread with "battery safety" in the title and you'll find an infographic with all good batteries available. You can chose any battery shown on it having at least 20A continuous discharge, as long as the brand is LG, Samsung or Sony. Anything else and you're taking risks (and by risks I mean blowing your face and hand as well as setting your room on fire)

"Press the button til you feel the heat rise, then throttle" "don't talk to me like I'm dumb, this is easy."

Ha! It was the same with the Zion, for some reason I thought I had to baby-sit my friends and the gf, doing the trigger timing for them. But in no time they started looking at me like "dude, there's just a button to push, you really think we can't do it?"....

And indeed, they all managed to get huge rips in no time and my fears were unfounded. Many said it's one of the easiest to use of all my vapes, there's no "don't draw too hard" or "sip very very very gently" and the best part, no "there's no vapor it's not working" anymore!

--

For all those having their female GonG ungluing, can you please confirm that you are all using your device through water? I have the feeling that it's not something that could happen when using it dry with the stock stems, unless the stem was to get stuck and the user wouldn't know how to un-block it without pulling on it. Been using my two Zions for a while and the GonG are still firmly glued.

I have the impression that you guys are putting way too much stress on your GonG, especially those that have their device upside down and turn it around during hits. Now before you start bashing me and say that if it's designed to mate with glass pieces it should be strong enough, I agree RBT should find a better way (and preferably a glue-less one) but maybe we should start warning new users about the issue and tell everyone to be cautious. These babies are more fragile than they look like.

subway13029

Mine came loose using thru water but i was using a stock stem with a ratchett 18 to 14 reducer on the waterpipe end. I do believe that it came loose but having it upside down and pulling it off to clear the bowl..but yeah should not come unglued sd i am very careful but we will see how it holds up..

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@adam_baumm : you didn't read the pages you were directed to no? :goon:

Search a thread with "battery safety" in the title and you'll find an infographic with all good batteries available. You can chose any battery shown on it having at least 20A continuous discharge, as long as the brand is LG, Samsung or Sony. Anything else and you're taking risks (and by risks I mean blowing your face and hand as well as setting your room on fire)

Ha! It was the same with the Zion, for some reason I thought I had to baby-sit my friends and the gf, doing the trigger timing for them. But in no time they started looking at me like "dude, there's just a button to push, you really think we can't do it?"....

And indeed, they all managed to get huge rips in no time and my fears were unfounded. Many said it's one of the easiest to use of all my vapes, there's no "don't draw too hard" or "sip very very very gently" and the best part, no "there's no vapor it's not working" anymore!

--

For all those having their female GonG ungluing, can you please confirm that you are all using your device through water? I have the feeling that it's not something that could happen when using it dry with the stock stems, unless the stem was to get stuck and the user wouldn't know how to un-block it without pulling on it. Been using my two Zions for a while and the GonG are still firmly glued.

I have the impression that you guys are putting way too much stress on your GonG, especially those that have their device upside down and turn it around during hits. Now before you start bashing me and say that if it's designed to mate with glass pieces it should be strong enough, I agree RBT should find a better way (and preferably a glue-less one) but maybe we should start warning new users about the issue and tell everyone to be cautious. These babies are more fragile than they look like.

Mine came unglued with no use at all as far as I know. It happened during shipping from a fellow FC user while it was new. I opted to re-glue it myself instead of sending it back to RBT. No offense but I'm a very detail oriented tech guy and I feel my epoxy skills had to be better than the rush job that had occurred on my second unit from RBT.
I asked Sheila if they would improve it by putting in a recessed joint and she said no, they would simply re-glue in the same piece just like I did, except without the roughing up of the glass. So I opted to do it myself. I bought it for a friend and didn't want him to have to wait for weeks or get a non functioning unit.
I used Gorilla Glue 5 minute eboxy, roughed up the glass and I don't think this think is coming back loose anytime soon lol! I purposely got my M2M stuck in there and gave it a good twist to test it out. Good for now but I'm sure it will come loose again eventually. And when it does .50C of epoxy will fix it I guess. BUT it would be nice if RBT would recess the joints on the units that the glass falls out of. Is the heating element mounted lower in the body in these units keeping this from being possible? I assume so.

HI all. Can any one verify these would be suitable. There's a retail store near me selling these.

Thx

18650_2400mAh.jpg

Ultrafire 18650 - 2400 mAh

Consumer Top

Ultrafire_WF139_Charger.jpg

Ultrafire WF139 Rapid Charger

2 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery charger

For 14500,17500,18500,17670 &18650 3.7Volt Lthium Batteries

Ultrafire_18650_3000.jpg

Ultrafire 18650 - 3000mAh

Consumer Top

Samsung_18650_2600mAh.jpg

Samsung 18650-2600mAh

Flat Top

Planet vape has this. May as well buy this there as that's where I'm getting my vape ;)

$14.99

Lithium Battery Charger Charges various sizes of Lithium Ion Cells with a nominal 3.6 volt to 4.2 volt rating. Sizes include but are not limited to 18650, 18350 and 14650, the battery sizes used by the Omicron and Persei vaporizers. This is the same charger...
No, I think those are all slow drain made for Flashlights. The chargers would work but they aren't the best. Look for an Xtar, Nitecore, or Efest Luc4 charger.
As far as batteries I use about 6 different kind in mine at this point. As long as they are high discharge to 15-20a discharge rate you are good to go IMO. I am using LG HE2's, LG HE4's, Samsung 25R, Sony VTC4's, Efest 20A, and MXJO 20A. All with good results. I am pretty sure the last 2 are just re-wrapped batteries of some of the 20A previously mentioned... but they work.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@KeroZen I actually think it's from running low batteries as well...

When I'm heating and the batteries get low the unit gets extremely warm to the touch.

My guess is because the batteries are working really hard to reach temp.

Anyway the result is too much heat around the joint...if a hair dryer makes the botton move able, I'm sure the same thing goes for the female joint?

That's why fresh batteries work better all the way around.

adam_baumm

Thanks for pointing me to the thread @TheDudeNextDoor
I will do my own googling from now on ;) gta and ken . But thanks for the pointers

The rep at planetvape.ca answered all my questions and I go pickup Friday. He said they are getting battery's in next week so I'll have to use the one it comes with for a week. I have my mighty so I know I'll be fine e either way. Got snow Leopard. Some blue dream and purple voodoo. Picking up some platinum girlscout cookies later.

Think breaking in this vape will be a tasty endeavor.

adam_baumm,
Reactions: GTAVaper

DocGonzo

If it is heat from running low batteries causing the glass to come unglued, that could help explain why it was less of an issue with the Zion. I think there were one or two instances of the female glass coming loose with it, but it definitely seems like a bigger concern with the Mi. Due to the regulation on the Zion, I don't think it should get hot from low batteries in the same way. Still hoping RBT decides to come up with a better option than glue whenever they get around to the Zion again, even if it's less of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom