Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam_baumm

How many loads give or take can i get out of the stock battery before there is any fear of the batteries running too hot ( as mentioned in post above me )

adam_baumm,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
How many loads give or take can i get out of the stock battery before there is any fear of the batteries running too hot ( as mentioned in post above me )

Stock batteries won't get too hot. They are high enough amperage to where that won't happen. You will only need to worry about that when using batteries that have too low of a dischargew rate.

adam_baumm

Thanks for answer. Think I'll see what batteries planetvape.ca gets in. They have a new order coming in next week. I may just go with the exact ones it comes with. Don't need no trouble.

adam_baumm,

thekarmawhore

I think that's only speculation at this point. Any temp issue I've experienced so far is more due to too much button. If a batt feels too warm I just swap it out. If the unit feels to warm, is time to let it cool off a bit. That said, heat soaked Milaana + fresh brown batt= many superb hits per load.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Stock batteries won't get too hot. They are high enough amperage to where that won't happen. You will only need to worry about that when using batteries that have too low of a dischargew rate.
Mine gets warm when the voltage on my yellow lg he4's go below 3.7v and I try to use them.

Those are stock as my milaana came with those, not the brown he2's

I also experience warmer than usual hits when pushing batteries this way.

I think that's only speculation at this point. Any temp issue I've experienced so far is more due to too much button. If a batt feels too warm I just swap it out. If the unit feels to warm, is time to let it cool off a bit. That said, heat soaked Milaana + fresh brown batt= many superb hits per load.
I think it is a realm slightly above speculative...

Plus everyone (including myself) isn't battery expert and the milaana is the first vape with direct battery placement where knowledge on the subject is helpful at minimum

Other vapes I've owned have a direct battery indicator and when the icon says it's time to charge it's time to charge.

Clarity or at least paying attention to the indicators are a good way to keep beautiful milaanas from suffering injuries?

@adam_baumm with the way you vape expect no more than three stems per charge.

HD Springer

My glass bowl gets so hot it can burn your fingers to the touch. It has absolutly nothing to do with any battery heat. It's 100% from my loving the hotter thicker sides of life. I know this because this happens on fresh battery's. I've only ran my battery's down past 3.6 a couple times. I always trade them out around 3.8. I'm not a big fan of pre heating.

Edit: I guess I should have put why I think it gets so hot. I think it's from the stem the sits in the female glass. That thing can get unreal hot. It's always from long long hits. Like my little around the world hit I love doing gets it scorching hot. Or when I'm cleaning the screens and shit will get it super hot.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
My glass bowl gets so hot it can burn your fingers to the touch. It has absolutly nothing to do with any battery heat. It's 100% from my loving the hotter thicker sides of life. I know this because this happens on fresh battery's. I've only ran my battery's down past 3.6 a couple times. I always trade them out around 3.8. I'm not a big fan of pre heating.

Edit: I guess I should have put why I think it gets so hot. I think it's from the stem the sits in the female glass. That thing can get unreal hot. It's always from long long hits. Like my little around the world hit I love doing gets it scorching hot. Or when I'm cleaning the screens and shit will get it super hot.
I'm not talking about the bowl getting hot, but rather the wooden body extending from the top of the unit to the button

HD Springer

Ah. I see.
I had an issue where the battery casing was preventing the lid from making good solid contact and I was loosing heat/power through there not being solid contact. Basically my power wasn't making it to my heater. It was being drained through the lid and nut and long threaded bolt or what ever you want to call it.Shit was unreal hot. This is a main reason I'm putting my battery's in positive side up.
I've never been able to make my battery's produce enough heat to get the entire wooden body warm. Im not sure I would continue using any battery's that get that hot. They are too inexpensive and easy to get ahold of. I think I might have 8 battery's that I use in a very very very long rotation. Any time my power drops past 3.8 then that means I have no use for them and time to charge. I really don't need any power indicator. I instantly know I'm ready to swap when my hit doesn't react the way I know it should.
One thing I have noticed is that the shorter the stem the less likely I am to over heat anything. When using my shorty I am getting my best possible vape sessions. I can hit it and react with my draw speeds to maintain a constant cool vapor that is one of the best hits I've ever had.

Vapington

took the Mi to a concert this weekend.

brought two pre packed stems, basket style screen, with a strong tamp to ensure that nothing came loose and stem loading would be immediate. also brought two batteries (knew only one was necessary but wanted to be safe).

I was standing front row with security walking directly in front of me. had the Mi in my front shirt pocket with the stem loaded and was taking draws without even having to pull the Mi out. the only thing showing was the glass stem.

overall, a great experience. felt super stealthy and relaxed.

only thing is if I was sharing or planned on consuming more, I would probably opt to preload more stems as opposed to emptying and loading.

OyVape

OK I'm trying to imagine you bending your head down and...sucking on your shirt pocket?

OyVape,

BadDog No

Milaana was down for the count earlier; that's right, the b#tch stopped putting out. OK, so I dropped her...Not far, less than 2 feet onto carpet but when she came up it was all "Go vape yourself". Sheer terror; I guess that's how you know you're hooked, when even the fantasy of Milaana leaving your life is enough to cause panic. :lol: OK maybe not, but DAMN what happen? Maybe, just maybe, the battery spring retention device needs more "sproing"... OK again, probably most owners don't clamp the battery adjust terminal with the same "vigor" that I do (Raise your hands all you 40 year every day for several hours a day martial artists. ;)) Anyway, there is a gap between the battery and the top clamp!!! Grrrrrr!!!! So I figure let's fill the gap! Dimes I say! But they don't work. Neither 1 nor 2 would seem to do the trick. Which of course doesn't mean that approach MIGHT not work; rememberr I'm a gram and a sixpack into this. So I take the mechanism apart, remove a washer and "Bob's yer uncle", we back in business. Oh there is one more washer to go which leads me to think this was a Known problem. Anyone else have the same issue?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Milaana was down for the count earlier; that's right, the b#tch stopped putting out. OK, so I dropped her...Not far, less than 2 feet onto carpet but when she came up it was all "Go vape yourself". Sheer terror; I guess that's how you know you're hooked, when even the fantasy of Milaana leaving your life is enough to cause panic. :lol: OK maybe not, but DAMN what happen? Maybe, just maybe, the battery spring retention device needs more "sproing"... OK again, probably most owners don't clamp the battery adjust terminal with the same "vigor" that I do (Raise your hands all you 40 year every day for several hours a day martial artists. ;)) Anyway, there is a gap between the battery and the top clamp!!! Grrrrrr!!!! So I figure let's fill the gap! Dimes I say! But they don't work. Neither 1 nor 2 would seem to do the trick. Which of course doesn't mean that approach MIGHT not work; rememberr I'm a gram and a sixpack into this. So I take the mechanism apart, remove a washer and "Bob's yer uncle", we back in business. Oh there is one more washer to go which leads me to think this was a Known problem. Anyone else have the same issue?
Nope, but I haven't dropped mine - yet.
My Mi' came with one washer above the copper, and one below, so maybe both weren't meant to be under the copper?
Apologies if I've misunderstood your washer locations.

Copacetic,

BadDog No

Not at all. Mine came with 2 washers below; one now removed. but thank you for being "into Milaana" enough to check your setup. I do think that spring, and the obvious dificulty posed by a glued on access plate, is going to cause problems. Had I not a "lifetime warranty" I'd be pulling this sucker apart and changing glue to screw. Maybe even bolt...

BadDog No,
Reactions: Copacetic

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Nope, but I haven't dropped mine - yet.
My Mi' came with one washer above the copper, and one below, so maybe both weren't meant to be under the copper?
Apologies if I've misunderstood your washer locations.
First mi one washer above and one below. When MiMi arrived, I purposely paid attn to washer plcmt, 2 be!ow.

And maybe a copper penny would help fill a gap under copper plate better than a dime (silver copper mix?)

Bravesst,
Reactions: Bizkat

Grizzly_Adams

Torch vapes all the way!
Ok on planetvape.ca the price is $230 or so. But is that in usd? Because i tought the milaana was cheaper than that

Grizzly_Adams,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Freakn' dialed in and blown away. Clean stem, stock distance, med shred and tamp, about .1g. My draw technique is much more sophisticated, aware of very subtle changes in temp, pressure, volume, etc. My sessions are low heat, tasty, longer, efficient (herb and batt), non rushed, effective!

Sweet Jesus!

adam_baumm

Can anyone recommend a page in this thread for getting me started/first time use. Ie: loading it up and basic technique.

Or can people please post their full current ritual so I can compare to my mighty right away please.

Peace love and clouds

adam_baumm,
Reactions: killick
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom