Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of glue, why doesn't RBT use screws? Seems like kind of a no brainer...

Aesthetics maybe? To keep us out? I don't know. Fasteners are pretty good at fastening stuff, security/specialty screws are always an option too.

Hammer for me is 30 second pre heat for convection mode.

You can cheat that by 10 seconds or so by fiddling with your inner dial if you like, I usually back off the outer dial after I've gotten everything warmed up initially. :2c:

Daisy blows Mi out of the water with proper technique, as does her little sister lily. As @Bizkat alluded once you get your technique dialed in it seems the only limits are how much herbs in the bowl. You're in for a treat with the Brick!

The glass on my Zion came out as well. Ryan said they had switched to a gel contact cement, although that was a few weeks ago. Milaana arrived right about the same time, and I'm still in honeymoon with Millie, so haven't reglued the glass back in. But @nondarb idea about etching the outside is the right idea. It needs something to bite on to.

Within a week and a half or so Ryan specifically suggested 2 part Devcon epoxy in the syringe. He also stated any low odor 5 minute epoxy should do the trick. Hopefully you get your Zion fixed up, watch that mica insulator, it's loose! Good luck

murf2010

I've decided that if someone wants to sell me One I'll take it right away, however it looks like I'll buy brand new pretty soon if I run out of luck. My question is, how do you go about figuring out low temps? I love low temps in the Am and afternoon. Does it just require a little fiddling with the heater and pulsing?

bounce5

Aesthetics maybe? To keep us out? I don't know. Fasteners are pretty good at fastening stuff, security/specialty screws are always an option too.

You can cheat that by 10 seconds or so by fiddling with your inner dial if you like, I usually back off the outer dial after I've gotten everything warmed up initially. :2c:

Daisy blows Mi out of the water with proper technique, as does her little sister lily. As @Bizkat alluded once you get your technique dialed in it seems the only limits are how much herbs in the bowl. You're in for a treat with the Brick!

Within a week and a half or so Ryan specifically suggested 2 part Devcon epoxy in the syringe. He also stated any low odor 5 minute epoxy should do the trick. Hopefully you get your Zion fixed up, watch that mica insulator, it's loose! Good luck

Could you post a link to these fasteners and security/speciality screws you speak of? I don't know about fasteners and security special screws.

bounce5,
Reactions: nondarb
Could you post a link to these fasteners and security/speciality screws you speak of? I don't know about fasteners and security special screws.

www.tamperproof.com is a general idea, think the flatheads that can be turned right but not left that are common on bathroom partitions. They're essentially just normal screws with odd heads to keep Joe Blow out. You have to special order the tools to use them, awful when your bit breaks and you've got more work to do!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've decided that if someone wants to sell me One I'll take it right away, however it looks like I'll buy brand new pretty soon if I run out of luck. My question is, how do you go about figuring out low temps? I love low temps in the Am and afternoon. Does it just require a little fiddling with the heater and pulsing?
I have no issue maintaining consistent low temps when going dry. I see no reason whatsoever to go through water when low temping. It's so incredibly smooth and the flavor is amazing.

As for water and combusting, I've combusted once, with super dry herb, on a bowl that was already cashed, because I was just watching TV and ripping and ripping. It wasn't due to heat, the bud stopped producing vapor, and all that was left for it to do was POP.

Besides that, I don't have the slightest anxiety towards combusting through water. Put a light to your phone. If the milk is increasing, you're getting hotter. If it's decreasing, you're feathering too much. I'll give a quick summary of my water action.

First rip is 5 second preheat and the button held down during the entire rip. My experience shows that I won't combust on a fresh bowl. If I REALLY drag it out, I'll give the button a quick tap towards the end just to stop the rising heat if necessary.

Second rip is 3-4 second preheat. Vapor forms within 2-3 seconds of inhalation.
5 seconds after vapor formation, it is obvious that the heater is picking up serious heat. I let off the throttle for a quarter second or so, and keep going for a few seconds and repeat. I'll just ride it out this way. I don't fuck with that "risidual heat" shit through water. My hits are going to be fully heated high temp clouds. All that "risidual heat" is gunna do is pull thinner vapor into my bubbler for a few seconds as I waste time and lung capacity. I stay on the throttle til I pull the GonG for the most part, I just pulse if it gets too thick or Ive been holding down for a long time.
I can kill a bowl in 1 hit and never worry about combusting if I really wanted to.
Mflb for 4 years and a Lotus for a few months sure teaches you some neat tricks and a good eye for vapor.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have no issue maintaining consistent low temps when going dry. I see no reason whatsoever to go through water when low temping. It's so incredibly smooth and the flavor is amazing.

As for water and combusting, I've combusted once, with super dry herb, on a bowl that was already cashed, because I was just watching TV and ripping and ripping. It wasn't due to heat, the bud stopped producing vapor, and all that was left for it to do was POP.

Besides that, I don't have the slightest anxiety towards combusting through water. Put a light to your phone. If the milk is increasing, you're getting hotter. If it's decreasing, you're feathering too much. I'll give a quick summary of my water action.

First rip is 5 second preheat and the button held down during the entire rip. My experience shows that I won't combust on a fresh bowl. If I REALLY drag it out, I'll give the button a quick tap towards the end just to stop the rising heat if necessary.

Second rip is 3-4 second preheat. Vapor forms within 2-3 seconds of inhalation.
5 seconds after vapor formation, it is obvious that the heater is picking up serious heat. I let off the throttle for a quarter second or so, and keep going for a few seconds and repeat. I'll just ride it out this way. I don't fuck with that "risidual heat" shit through water. My hits are going to be fully heated high temp clouds. All that "risidual heat" is gunna do is pull thinner vapor into my bubbler for a few seconds as I waste time and lung capacity. I stay on the throttle til I pull the GonG for the most part, I just pulse if it gets too thick or Ive been holding down for a long time.
I can kill a bowl in 1 hit and never worry about combusting if I really wanted to.
Mflb for 4 years and a Lotus for a few months sure teaches you some neat tricks and a good eye for vapor.

I think grind, Draw rate, screen placement, and moisture content of the product are the variables we have to contend with, assuming most Milaanas run at the same temp. Seems Like I could combust on a fresh battery with that exact second count unless I lighten my draw. So that or our other variables must be different. For instance I have my screen flush with the end of the stem. Do you use your screen back 1/2" or so from tip? I think draw rate is the BIGGEST variable. I can combust in 9 seconds flat if I pull hard enough I bet. Just playing with it makes you better and @BadDog No , it's a great vape and will take a part in your lineup I'm sure. Is it the perfect vape, no, none of them are. But it's a great one to have in the quiver and I love mine! Don't give up on it yet. But if you do any of us will take it off your hands for cost I'm sure so you didn't waste any money:)

murf2010

I think grind, Draw rate, screen placement, and moisture content of the product are the variables we have to contend with, assuming most Milaanas run at the same temp. Seems Like I could combust on a fresh battery with that exact second count unless I lighten my draw. So that or our other variables must be different. For instance I have my screen flush with the end of the stem. Do you use your screen back 1/2" or so from tip? I think draw rate is the BIGGEST variable. I can combust in 9 seconds flat if I pull hard enough I bet. Just playing with it makes you better and @BadDog No , it's a great vape and will take a part in your lineup I'm sure. Is it the perfect vape, no, none of them are. But it's a great one to have in the quiver and I love mine! Don't give up on it yet. But if you do any of us will take it off your hands for cost I'm sure so you didn't waste any money:)

Hey!!! I'm the one here hunting!! Looks likes brand new tho, no one is parting with theirs haha

murf2010,

Tommy10

If I pulled hard enough I wouldn't product any vapor ..

Yea, taken one bit of cotton out of the air intake so it's less restricted, however it's unrestricted enough to be able to over power the heater. Didn't think draw speed would be such an issue with the Mi. I really envisioned being able to draw as quick as possible.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Did a little video to show you guys my water setup. Finger points - On throttle, Fist - no throttle.
This herb is NOT good, is old, dry, and not easy to work with. Doesn't produce much vapor, takes forever to produce, and is easy to combust. So...great herb to work with for a lesson, aye?
Yes....those are seeds you see in the bowl. Ground up seeds...that's what I'm working with here :rolleyes:

Fresh battery, Bowl is about 1-2mm from the very tip of the m2m, basket style, grinded, lightly tamped. These two hits (a bowl), knocked my battery down to 4.12.

The herb was dark to begin with (some purp), so don't think I darkened my bowl after the first hit, haha.

Milk was thin, exhale was fat.

Last edited:

Tommy10

Havnt had seeds in a while, but it could happen again tommorrow :( prohibition stinks!

Not sure what my next move is, Mi will keep being the DD for a bit longer I think, but it is not the elusive vape I have been searching for, batteries and draw speed being the biggest issue for me, stirring too... Or not stirring and unevenly vaped but. Will probably get a Zion one day as well though, double the battery life and regulated power are big points in my mind over the Mi.

BadDog No

Just realized my seal has been hit or miss with "wait for it" hit or miss results...Duh...Took me three days to figure that out. Oh and maybe a stock basket screen won't quite fit your 14/18 so you just kind of mash the end of it down and it fits fine now, right? Wrong. No or intermittent seal means combustion junction or wispies hollow lies ahead. Who knew? :lol: Oh and of course draw speed, feathering your throttle, and artfully packing a clean screen are all givens. I've even noticed a difference in the seal between horizontal and vertical. The horizontal position helps the seal. Oh I hope I'm not just hallucinating all this...:uhoh:

Milkytime

Better luck with fast draw, and on 2 off .5 get a decent preheat and rip as hard as possible. Pushed the screen back just a hair more as well, medium draw still hot spotty, and prolly the reason i had issues with water as well i think the D020 just bubbles too slow for mi. Getting much more out of my loads more like i would expect, wish i didn't have to stir as often though but its coming out even abv. Oh and not touching the load to seat at all seems to make it work a bit better, although it sometimes gets crumbs on the heater screen i need to poke out, better if i hold it horizontal.

Sent a bunch more emails and got the 40$ refund finally so glad that got resolved.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Better luck with fast draw, and on 2 off .5 get a decent preheat and rip as hard as possible. Pushed the screen back just a hair more as well, medium draw still hot spotty, and prolly the reason i had issues with water as well i think the D020 just bubbles too slow for mi. Getting much more out of my loads more like i would expect, wish i didn't have to stir as often though but its coming out even abv. Oh and not touching the load to seat at all seems to make it work a bit better, although it sometimes gets crumbs on the heater screen i need to poke out, better if i hold it horizontal.

Sent a bunch more emails and got the 40$ refund finally so glad that got resolved.

Nice dude! Yeah I hit it upside down for the start of the first hit after a stir or fresh bowl, but still get the occasional crumb or two nevertheless. That's why the screen is there though I suppose. It can take a lot of practice to use this vape to its full potential

For water filtration, something with as little restriction as Milaana would be best, Ive always gotten good results with this http://m.dhgate.com/product/honey-comb-and-in-line-percolator-glass-bubbler/183730847.html#pd-019 since it has a very smooth pull for pure convection vaping. Its not a milker piece, but you can see the glass go white at the top of the can so you know when to let go if the trigger and pull the vape off to clear. The pwnt also seems to be working pretty well despite its size, need an 18-14 adapter though, I think a proper showerhead bubble like the FCmod could also pull smoothly.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: ragnorokk

little maggie

Any suggestions on what I can do to reinforce the seal on the bottom of the Milaana? Mine hasn't opened and I'd like to make sure it doesn't.

little maggie,

Tommy10

Never had a good go with the long stem but I assume you loose some of that feed back as well. Had a go with the J-hook for y'all, and it's great! Massive clouds, do loose that temperature feed back and as you can see I char it at the end, doesn't burn up, but got the bad taste and that weird gross Whispy char cloud that means you ruined the rest of the bowl... Still had one decent hit in it, was like half a basket.

splitz

Opened up my two additional short stems this morning to find them cracked! I dont mind the unevenness to the top, but cracked glass is a no-go for me. What's the best means to get this resolved? Warranty repair form via RBT website? Thoughts?

2ngwfpx.jpg

BadDog No

Milaana and I have agreed to a trial separation. Oh nothing bad really. We just decided a little time apart would do us both good. Did a lovely hardpack ("Dude, like that's so not recommended")into the shorty stem which has a preinstalled dome facing screen. Preplaced to allow twice basket capacity so a decent amount, especially if you ruthlessly stuff it in. Oh my; there were 2 or 3 hits as wonderful as any I've had. With a good seal and a short stem it's easy to modulate. Good stuff. With all that the 18650s have been trickle charged, the stems rounded up and cleaned and a final coat of bees wax polished in. She's earned a spot in the rotation but I'm not sure where. Next round I'll work on water some more. Back to my Firefly with the Lotus WPA lid for the first tasting followed by three levels of temp stepping through my poor man's Volcano Steinel heat gun. Yep I love my bags. Oh and yes I mostly do them through water. So relaxing. Such a weed hog. So wasteful...Don't care :lol:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
1 month 1 day of waiting.

No communication, despite trying to contact them more than once via more than 1 method.

Meanwhile more than one person who ordered AFTER me, successfully gets in contact with them and promptly gets a package.

The CS here is very very poor.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I got my @Ratchett 3D printed honeycomb holder yesterday, along with some doob tubes and some 18mm caps!
They honeycomb holds literally everything needed for the Milaana, 4 batts, doob tubes, torch lighter (vapman), both stems, a m2m, and my jyarz container. Plus some random vape items I had laying around like screens and stir tools. It's way smaller than I thought too, definitely a good purchase for the Milaana. It's so nice not having to grab batteries off my charger or from the case, they are just chillin' in that honeycomb all day on my desk. Easy switching.

The battery caps ALSO work as an 18mm glass cap. And it works as a button safety!! Not sure if I just got lucky with that or what, but they definitely fit on the button. At first, they didn't, they would slide off after a minute. But, once you press against the wood, it's like the cap binds to it and holds itself against the button pretty damn strongly. I had it around in my pocket all day and that cap never fell off. I would never RELY on it though, but I always have a cap with me for my stem, so while the stem is away, the cap is on the Milaana.

The doob tubes are definitely one of the best parts. They hold quite a bit of ground herb and is totally smell-proof. You just give the tube a few flicks to loosen the herb, pop off the cap (can be done with one hand), and start tapping the herb into your stem. Super easy and fast. It's nice because you don't have to "suck up" any herb (which can be sketchy in public), and you don't have to touch any herb too, so you keep the smells off your fingers.

Highly recommend the caps and the doobtubes, as they are very cheap and will definitely make the Milaana experience easier. Caps fit on both sides of the stems, which makes them good for smell proofing and shatter proofing. You can also carry an extra battery in your pocket without the need of a case, just pop the cap on them.

HomePage: http://delta3dstudios.com/
Battery caps: http://delta3dstudios.com/18650-battery-caps-pair/
Organizer: http://delta3dstudios.com/honeycomb-organizer-medium/
Doob tubes: http://delta3dstudios.com/doob-tubes-clear/

x29EsO7.jpg

In the picture you see the band holding the cap on, found it later it wasn't necessary.
(if yours doesn't fit, you could always get a wide rubber band, will hold it easily.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom