Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTAVaper

Wasn't it something like Vapor Geeks?

Yes, that is it.....it is also on the RBT "progress" webpage. But when I googled them I didn't see the Milaana listed on their site yet. They seemed to be an e-juice and e-cog shop from what I could see.

Perhaps they won't be listing it until they have stock?

murf2010

How do most of you like this vaporizer? I'm really digging the design and love convection. I own a few vapes, the cfx, ff2, mighty Herbie etc...

murf2010,

ZC

I haven't really used other vapes since I got mine. Lasting longer than I'd consider the honeymoon phase. I used the lotus once, but that's it. This thing is so simple to use yet so damn powerful I see little point in using the others.

murf2010

I haven't really used other vapes since I got mine. Lasting longer than I'd consider the honeymoon phase. I used the lotus once, but that's it. This thing is so simple to use yet so damn powerful I see little point in using the others.

Where did you buy yours?

murf2010,

Tommy10

Quick vid, second time with the Mi bong since struggling with technique (strange as I bought the Mi with the intention of only using a bong) managed to drop my 14-14 m/m literally washing it for the Mi, so gave up on the wash and will need a new one, Mi is like an adaptor curse for me so far! Need to get a right fit 18-14 m/m so I can just be done with it... Although reducer with a 14mm is pretty awesome too, just I have been battling with screens in it, so just put the screen 15mm back in the reducer this time, which is not much smaller than using the standard stem, might get some 14mm baskets and try that more, but the two piece system is pretty dicky.
Anyways, combusted one before filming. I have read it here before and I believe it true, the glass doesn't seem to milk as thick as others in my experience the VC will be visually more dense while pulling but obviously you are just getting much more volume with the Mi, on exhale it blows everything else I have tried out of the water. Hammer and VG can go close, hammer needing 8 times the pre heat, and VG vaping even less evenly and combustion is easier IMO.
Keen on a couple one peice GonG set ups think that's the key to getting back to mostly bonging, and where's the bestest cheapest basket screens?

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Had mine about a week now so thought i would leave some thoughts...

Really happy with it.

Looks great. I requested a unit with some grain pattern if possible and Sheila seems to have delivered on this.

It's put together nicely. Some rough finish as expected. Has the router burn on the bottom

and a bit of glue around the female joint on the top is noticeable.

It's actually only really noticable because of the wood being lighter on the corners, so spreading the glue all the way to the edge would probably look better overall, oddly enough. (Note-waxing the wood makes this barely noticeable )

Both the button and bowl are perfectly fit.

All three of my stems fit perfectly and tightly.

Overall i love the way it looks so i decided to hit it with Ed's Bomb ass butter as it came, in all it's Ragged Glory, rather than sanding and prettying it up first. The wax makes it slightly darker and the grain pops nicely, and it feels smoother and nicer to hold, plus i feel more comfortable handling it as it won't pick up stains so easily. I only did this today so will do some post wax shots tomorrow if i can.

Rigorous testing is ongoing so i won't discuss performance much beyond saying that learning to Tame the Beast was an all important early step.

Most vapes you have to lean on the throttle to get performance, but here i had to learn to ease off the throttle.

TheRobbo

@Tommy10 nice!

Have been noticing a big difference in performance lately... my new bag of goods is much MUCH dryer than the last and its causing problems... Well not really problems but I have been getting much closer to combustion way quicker than I would like... well again not exactly true once it almost happened the 2nd time I changed a few things up and now it hasnt happened again.
What I'm trying to say is, it is much harder to control the temp and avoid hot spots with this dry weed than with moister. Have to back off the power much sooner to have any chance of maintaining flavor. I dont blame Millana it is the natute of an unstandardised product. Could a similar thing be causing other people's problems too?

Edit. Forgot to mention that I got about a weeks notice of impending doom and was able to stop the draw before fire happened! In english: really easy to avoid combustion. I guess through a bong would be harder.

Last edited:

YaFreekin Right

Quick vid, second time with the Mi bong since struggling with technique (strange as I bought the Mi with the intention of only using a bong) managed to drop my 14-14 m/m literally washing it for the Mi, so gave up on the wash and will need a new one, Mi is like an adaptor curse for me so far! Need to get a right fit 18-14 m/m so I can just be done with it... Although reducer with a 14mm is pretty awesome too, just I have been battling with screens in it, so just put the screen 15mm back in the reducer this time, which is not much smaller than using the standard stem, might get some 14mm baskets and try that more, but the two piece system is pretty dicky.
Anyways, combusted one before filming. I have read it here before and I believe it true, the glass doesn't seem to milk as thick as others in my experience the VC will be visually more dense while pulling but obviously you are just getting much more volume with the Mi, on exhale it blows everything else I have tried out of the water. Hammer and VG can go close, hammer needing 8 times the pre heat, and VG vaping even less evenly and combustion is easier IMO.
Keen on a couple one peice GonG set ups think that's the key to getting back to mostly bonging, and where's the bestest cheapest basket screens?

That is interesting, looks like wispy vapor in the bong but huge on the exhale.

BadDog No

Thanks guys. First morning I'm obviously still in full Honeymoon mode. I hate when that happens. No seriously, I'm a much better critic than fanboy. Luckily I don't have to do anything but echo your sentiments. Really happy these posts just came along because Damn it! I didn't really even want to like this all that much. All that damn glass and the fiddley little screens and some go in this way and some that and some not at all...A decade ago I made a Great decision to forgo all that crap for a simple twist apart by unscrewing dual screen kit from Vapetower or some such. Been running Steinel heatguns through it into bags. Always been happy. Deliriously happy with my temp stepping bag approach. Oh the Fireflys compete of course but a fresh bag of vapor has always been my "wake and bake" of choice. Oh maybe not if I have to teach in a few hours. Sometimes just the FF for a more connoisseur "savor the terpenes" kind of moment. But for Consciousness Change: Give me a bag of blue vapor. Heck I blow "em so strong you need water to handle them... No more. Millie is my new "Let's get f###ed up in a hurry" go to. Whew. We've all seen the VapeEXhale cloud stuff on Youtube right? Some of that is artful promotion but much is genuine admiration from folks who have just done amazing water hits courtesy of a heater that "could keep up". Ladies and gentlemen we now have the same level of technology in a cordless portable. Sure a few years from now when bluechip enabled versions of similar heaters rule we'll kind of laugh at good old Millie and what a pain it it was to keep her from combusting. But right now boys and girls she's the hottest thing out there. Time to think about breakfast. ;)

Tommy10

Thinking maybe some smaller glassware, but I'm sure big milky shots are very possible, combusted twice trying to get there so far, still can't seem to get it to milk like some other vapes but have not used it with the bong much, pretty keen to order another long stem I think, only tried it once before loosing it and I remember it being so smooth... J-hook till then, very smooth.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
So I squeezed in just enough time to get a cell phone camera photo shoot of my new glass stems that I received yesterday. I really gotta give it up to FC resident @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for putting together some really nice and functional artwork to go along with my Mi. It's probably too soon to elaborate much and even though pictures will never do the piece justice I will not say much on the looks because it is exactly what I wanted. I told Joda the colors and concepts and he put it together perfectly!

Some notes on fit and function- The fit is nice and tight, tighter than my RBT supplied stems, however these stems are not ground joints as you will see. This means the glass can be spun easily if your into spinning, however two of these are angled pieces that I won't be spinning really. It also means the glass would never hold itself in if the Mi were ever upside down, not that RBT supplied stems would either. The nice thing about the clear joint is you can see the color of the herb on the sides now. You should also notice the joints are slightly shorter. JoDa cut them to about 20mm instead of 22mm which means I could probably fit a ELB screen if I had one. I am not sure why but I feel it is easier to control hot spots with these stems so far, however they can be messy if you load loose like I do and forget to remove the stem with the Mi upside down. They don't seem to hold an untamped load quite as well as the RBT stems however this can be a pro and a con. The pro is this gives you the ability to let the load fall into the Mi and suck it back up to eliminate stirring. The con is if you forget and don't remove your stem with the Mi upside down then you will spill. I load pretty loose in the RBT stems so I got used to this method anyway. One last note on fit compared to the RBT stems. The RBT stems have a bit of a shoulder where the joint and connects to the stem allowing the use of a pic as a glass stem lock. The JoDa stems have a smooth joint to stem connection meaning no stem lock. Before I started using the pic as a stem lock I was using my pinky to push the button, middle and ring finger to hold Mi, and my index finger to hold the stem from sliding out. I still hold the Mi this way and on the dripping glass stems the dripping colored glass comes down far enough for me to lock my finger on.

Funtion is dead on, maybe better as I mentioned about the hotspot. More testing is needed, I am sure science will prevail:science:

This is my Milaana's pet! Obey thy Kraken!

Believe it or not these were not expensive. @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd provides great service and extremely fair pricing IMHO. I would have been charged 3-4 times as much for these pieces at a Local Head Shop. JoDaGlassworks charges you for the time he puts into it, I feel like the talent was free of charge because really the pricing was extremely fair.

murf2010

Do all
You guys buy yours from Canada? Does the money equate to about $180 American dollars? Still a little lost here haha, are they custom made for people???

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Do all
You guys buy yours from Canada? Does the money equate to about $180 American dollars? Still a little lost here haha, are they custom made for people???
I'm sure a simple google conversion can get you the exact price of CAD to USD faster than any of us can.

EDIT: 240 CAD= 187.51 USD
Source:Google
That is price without shipping though.
Standard package of course...the gold is $65 CAD more (50.78 USD)

No, no they are not custom made for people in the sense that when you order one; they widdle a block of wood and mail it to you...they are made for 'customers' though technically.

Read the thread man...read the thread.
(Or at least SOME of it)
Further edit: look at page 50 for a post by @AJS for other useful information

Last edited:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Do all

I'm sure a simple google conversion can get you the exact price of CAD to USD faster than any of us can.

No, no they are not custom made for people in the sense that when you order one; they widdle a block of wood and mail it to you...they are made for 'customers' though technically.

Read the thread man...read the thread.

Murf - the only place to get it is from planetvape.ca at least that I'm aware of.

My guess is that Planetvape bought the wholesale packs on RBT's website and are selling them.

You could also buy a wholesale pack straight from RBT and sell the remaining 5 yourself if you wish.

murf2010

Murf - the only place to get it is from planetvape.ca at least that I'm aware of.

My guess is that Planetvape bought the wholesale packs on RBT's website and are selling them.

You could also buy a wholesale pack straight from RBT and sell the remaining 5 yourself if you wish.

Got it!! Thanks

If you think he can't patent it, do you think it will be copied by others? On the bright side, it would be nice for the consumers because I imagine the price would go down and an awesome vape design would be more commonplace.
Why do you say that? This is a direct contrast to what we've always heard so I'm curious as to what made you feel that way.

As @Zangano Cruel mentioned the heater bares a striking resemblance to some hair dryers heating elements. Very clever really, but not the novel super heater it was made out to be.

Hammer and VG can go close, hammer needing 8 times the pre heat, and VG vaping even less evenly and combustion is easier IMO.

My VG and hammer can outproduce mi with proper technique. Hammers not even close to 8x the warmup of mi, maybe 10-12 extra seconds off the start but to get mi ready for glass I've got to give the heater a nice warmup even on a hot battery or I'm sucking air for quite some time. I'm thinking the inner dial on your hammer is tuned too low. After my initial warmup the routines strait up overlap..

All in all I'm nowhere near as impressed as the bulk of you sound. Its a good vape but hardly as "disruptive" as anticipated.

To anyone considering buying I suggest waiting a bit, the vapes being sold aren't ready for market. Soon a mechanical seal or at the very least a new type of glue will likely be used so peoples vaporizers stop coming apart, that or RBT is going to go belly up trying to fix all the units coming apart. If you buy now/soon I suggest picking up a tube or two of 5 minute epoxy and some clamps, you're going to need them.

AJS

Calm Consistency
So many good posts today!!
the glass doesn't seem to milk as thick as others in my experience the VC will be visually more dense while pulling but obviously you are just getting much more volume with the Mi, on exhale it blows everything else I have tried out of the water. Hammer and VG can go close, hammer needing 8 times the pre heat, and VG vaping even less evenly and combustion is easier IMO.

Completely agree! Some resinous herb will get it THICK WHITE though. This drier stuff I have doesn't white wall for shit /:

Overall i love the way it looks so i decided to hit it with Ed's Bomb ass butter as it came, in all it's Ragged Glory, rather than sanding and prettying it up first. The wax makes it slightly darker and the grain pops nicely, and it feels smoother and nicer to hold, plus i feel more comfortable handling it as it won't pick up stains so easily. I only did this today so will do some post wax shots tomorrow if i can.
Been waiting for someone to do this! I'm not good with waxes or finishes or any of that good stuff, so something simple like this, with results, is promising for a wood noob like me.
Also, I find it interesting your vape is only a week old but isn't the newest model with intake screen and flush glass. But yours looks like mine! :D

@Tommy10 nice!

Have been noticing a big difference in performance lately... my new bag of goods is much MUCH dryer than the last and its causing problems... Well not really problems but I have been getting much closer to combustion way quicker than I would like... well again not exactly true once it almost happened the 2nd time I changed a few things up and now it hasnt happened again.
What I'm trying to say is, it is much harder to control the temp and avoid hot spots with this dry weed than with moister. Have to back off the power much sooner to have any chance of maintaining flavor. I dont blame Millana it is the natute of an unstandardised product. Could a similar thing be causing other people's problems too?

Edit. Forgot to mention that I got about a weeks notice of impending doom and was able to stop the draw before fire happened! In english: really easy to avoid combustion. I guess through a bong would be harder.
totally agree with your dry statements!

So I squeezed in just enough time to get a cell phone camera photo shoot of my new glass stems that I received yesterday. I really gotta give it up to FC resident @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for putting together some really nice and functional artwork to go along with my Mi. It's probably too soon to elaborate much and even though pictures will never do the piece justice I will not say much on the looks because it is exactly what I wanted. I told Joda the colors and concepts and he put it together perfectly!

Some notes on fit and function- The fit is nice and tight, tighter than my RBT supplied stems, however these stems are not ground joints as you will see. This means the glass can be spun easily if your into spinning, however two of these are angled pieces that I won't be spinning really. It also means the glass would never hold itself in if the Mi were ever upside down, not that RBT supplied stems would either. The nice thing about the clear joint is you can see the color of the herb on the sides now. You should also notice the joints are slightly shorter. JoDa cut them to about 20mm instead of 22mm which means I could probably fit a ELB screen if I had one. I am not sure why but I feel it is easier to control hot spots with these stems so far, however they can be messy if you load loose like I do and forget to remove the stem with the Mi upside down. They don't seem to hold an untamped load quite as well as the RBT stems however this can be a pro and a con. The pro is this gives you the ability to let the load fall into the Mi and suck it back up to eliminate stirring. The con is if you forget and don't remove your stem with the Mi upside down then you will spill. I load pretty loose in the RBT stems so I got used to this method anyway. One last note on fit compared to the RBT stems. The RBT stems have a bit of a shoulder where the joint and connects to the stem allowing the use of a pic as a glass stem lock. The JoDa stems have a smooth joint to stem connection meaning no stem lock. Before I started using the pic as a stem lock I was using my pinky to push the button, middle and ring finger to hold Mi, and my index finger to hold the stem from sliding out. I still hold the Mi this way and on the dripping glass stems the dripping colored glass comes down far enough for me to lock my finger on.

Funtion is dead on, maybe better as I mentioned about the hotspot. More testing is needed, I am sure science will prevail:science:

This is my Milaana's pet! Obey thy Kraken!

Believe it or not these were not expensive. @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd provides great service and extremely fair pricing IMHO. I would have been charged 3-4 times as much for these pieces at a Local Head Shop. JoDaGlassworks charges you for the time he puts into it, I feel like the talent was free of charge because really the pricing was extremely fair.
Holy shit man!! What's the mouthpiece on the Kraken? Open flared or more of just a hole?
The Kraken and the red with the bent mouthpiece are my favorites, but color on that straight pipe is breathtaking. Put that color on the bent flared mouthpiece one and I'm drooling. Who am I kidding, I'm drooling either way. I see my next purchase once I get some money. Amazing.

If you buy now/soon I suggest picking up a tube or two of 5 minute epoxy and some clamps, you're going to need them.
He shut down shop for weeks to address these issues. Faith! Faith!

And with proper technique, my Milaana out performs any vape I've owned (check sig). Nano wins with consistency and flavor, LSV wins with Airflow, but the Milaana has everything the Nano has (except temp control) with the power of the LSV in the form of a portable with $5 replaceable batteries. For cheap. I have quite a bit of experience with electric convection vapes through water though, if I went from vapman alone to the Milaana, I would be seeing some difficulties. But from what I get from the Milaana, it's pretty great. Only difficulty for me is getting clouds while walking or skating. I'll get vapor, but not bong-like rips. But as soon as I sit down, it's like I have an LSV in my hand but without the heat that the LSV short stem produced sometimes.

murf2010

Where is the Zion for preorder?

I would look but I don't have an hour to look through 140 pages

murf2010,

Oogendoogan

Where is the Zion for preorder?

I would look but I don't have an hour to look through 140 pages
It's over man, no more buying anything but bulk milaanas from RBT. Planetvape.ca has them but not in stock yet, that will be the place to get them, if you have questions about specific Zion pre order shipping date, like if you are a pre order, I would ask in the Zion thread. From the way you asked I assume you are not an existing pre order. I am kinda in the same spot, I want/need a Zion. No pre order :/ so yeah hopefully I can get one for a fair price and quickly from planetvape when they come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom