The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

natural farmer

Taste is off the charts indeed!
I actually don't think of grabbing the Vapcap much these days... That's something... I seem to use less herb with the Eraser as well! Batteries (LG HG2)on the Cuboid last ages. This new stem has improved things sooo much! At 235°C and TCR200/0.54Ω, I finish a load in under a minute in 4 big draws while turning the stem a quarter of a turn after every hit. When it's back in its initial position it's evenly spent with no stirring and great taste to the end! Amazing!!!!
So far it's the only vape except the Volcano that I can draw as hard as I want and the heater keeps up effortlessly! As a matter of fact this is the best vapor I had in my life.... :luv:

9uRGSES.jpg

Joaon

@natural farmer : You're making me shilly-shally :p
Vapcap was supposed to be my last vaporizer (last manufacturer, not unit, right? :brow:)
I've an Evic Vtc Mini that lays in a corner, waiting to be used (I don't quite hang up on E-cig..)

@Pipes: what could be the stealthier and shorter "Project" I could get by you ? :):cool:

:ninja:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Taste is off the charts indeed!
I actually don't think of grabbing the Vapcap much these days... That's something... I seem to use less herb with the Eraser as well! Batteries (LG HG2)on the Cuboid last ages. This new stem has improved things sooo much! At 235°C and TCR200/0.54Ω, I finish a load in under a minute in 4 big draws while turning the stem a quarter of a turn after every hit. When it's back in its initial position it's evenly spent with no stirring and great taste to the end! Amazing!!!!
So far it's the only vape except the Volcano that I can draw as hard as I want and the heater keeps up effortlessly! As a matter of fact this is the best vapor I had in my life.... :luv:

9uRGSES.jpg

I rebuilt the coil, spread the heater out, way less chance of combustion now the coil is less 'aiming' the heat in a concentrated spot.

Yeah, Im now chasing usage to get the experience youre describing here @natural farmer . Trouble is, the eraser has a bowl I find almost impossible to not fill, and its sizable! :D So atm, this is my go to long vape. Using the vapcap for quick OTT milkings. This is the first battery vape that hasnt just got loads of flaws (im more a function over form kinda person ;P). It quite frankly pisses all over the others I've used, obviously ppls milage will vary in that regard tho.

I can hit a full eraser bowl forever it seems. Agreed about the heater, not a chance I think I can overpower it. The harder I hit it, just the hotter it gets. Reminds me of getting lily or daisy 'wrong' when I scorch with this :) Doesnt make me cough like those vapes did tho. In fact, the eraser is smooth as hell.

I'm still on the same settings, 0.61 ohms, 61 watts, TCR 185, cycling around 140c to 180c. Still settling in :)

And yeah, best battery vape I've owned, by far.

@natural farmer Can you take me through what stem that is you've put together please?

EDIT: I guess it only make sense now that I've got it somewhat dialed in, heater coil working properly, that I try the eraser again with a full bowl plus bho/rosin :D

EDIT2: OH MY GOD! Packed the shit out of the bowl, added three healthy dabs of bho, then packed more. Packed quite a lot in, and only the last bit did it alter draw restriction, which is pretty much zero anyway. Holy crap, the hit tho... TASTE EXPLOSION!

Last edited:

natural farmer

I rebuilt the coil, spread the heater out, way less chance of combustion now the coil is less 'aiming' the heat in a concentrated spot.

Yeah, Im now chasing usage to get the experience youre describing here @natural farmer . Trouble is, the eraser has a bowl I find almost impossible to not fill, and its sizable! :D So atm, this is my go to long vape. Using the vapcap for quick OTT milkings. This is the first battery vape that hasnt just got loads of flaws (im more a function over form kinda person ;P). It quite frankly pisses all over the others I've used, obviously ppls milage will vary in that regard tho.

I can hit a full eraser bowl forever it seems. Agreed about the heater, not a chance I think I can overpower it. The harder I hit it, just the hotter it gets. Reminds me of getting lily or daisy 'wrong' when I scorch with this :) Doesnt make me cough like those vapes did tho. In fact, the eraser is smooth as hell.

I'm still on the same settings, 0.61 ohms, 61 watts, TCR 185, cycling around 140c to 180c. Still settling in :)

And yeah, best battery vape I've owned, by far.

@natural farmer Can you take me through what stem that is you've put together please?

EDIT: I guess it only make sense now that I've got it somewhat dialed in, heater coil working properly, that I try the eraser again with a full bowl plus bho/rosin :D

EDIT2: OH MY GOD! Packed the shit out of the bowl, added three healthy dabs of bho, then packed more. Packed quite a lot in, and only the last bit did it alter draw restriction, which is pretty much zero anyway. Holy crap, the hit tho... TASTE EXPLOSION!
Damn man! You are putting so much in that bowl, don't think my little stem can fulfill your needs... :p
My stem holds .1g when the screen is flush with the tip of the stem but it's an adjust-a-bowl so you can push the screen down and make it bigger. Not enough herbs to try bigger bowl yet but I think it could be overwhelming for my poor lungs! :lol:
My current stem consists of a Milaana basket screen (EQ basket screens might fit too?), The SS tube from the Eraser stem, an Arizer short stem and some silicon tubing (1/2") to attach the SS tube to the Air stem. The Air stem not only acts as a filter as most stuff are caught in its bowl but also cools the vapor tremendously as it absorbs lots of heat. Adds some restriction as well but not much. Smoothest stem ever! :tup:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Updated to the latest firmware. Now got images like the ones on Natural Farmers Cuboid display. Temps readings are now completely different, as is usage. 200c now feels like the equivalent on the volcano, whereas before, the same power was around 140c - 160c.

EDIT: HOLY CRAPx2! This has really hit another level, the level of flavour has just gone up even more. Pre firmware update it was def still over heating or under heating. 5 degrees c difference was clearly way more than 5 degrees. Im now at 210c and the flavour is thicker than ever, and full of subtle but notable different aspects to it at slightly different temps. This is incredible.

I thought I'd got it fool proof last night, passed it to a friend and they combusted on their first pull. Today they cant repeat it, and they're visibly shocked at the face full of flavour they just had.

Coil is now reading 0.57 ohms, power still at 61 watts, TCR at 185 and temp stepping around 200 - 220

Without doubt, this is THE best battery vape I've used. This is a crazy cloud machine!

Last edited:

natural farmer

Updated to the latest firmware. Now got images like the ones on Natural Farmers Cuboid display. Temps readings are now completely different, as is usage. 200c now feels like the equivalent on the volcano, whereas before, the same power was around 140c - 160c.

EDIT: HOLY CRAPx2! This has really hit another level, the level of flavour has just gone up even more. Pre firmware update it was def still over heating or under heating. 5 degrees c difference was clearly way more than 5 degrees. Im now at 210c and the flavour is thicker than ever, and full of subtle but notable different aspects to it at slightly different temps. This is incredible.

I thought I'd got it fool proof last night, passed it to a friend and they combusted on their first pull. Today they cant repeat it, and they're visibly shocked at the face full of flavour they just had.

Coil is now reading 0.57 ohms, power still at 61 watts, TCR at 185 and temp stepping around 200 - 220

Without doubt, this is THE best battery vape I've used. This is a crazy cloud machine!
It really gets better and better, isn't it? I have a couple more loads left in the stash and today I am trying low temp ripping to make it last a bit more. So far with this first load (~.1g) it's still green to yellow and I had two sessions already. Let's see if I can make them four... :p What a taste!!! I have been driving unregulated for too long.... Hehe!

So I've got the cuboid. The thing feels like a cube of lead, even before you put the batteries in! Out of your list, which do you think would be best on size/weight for better portability? I think a one battery setup would help slim everything down. I'm seriously considering selling my grasshopper since I rarely use it, but I still use it as my portable. My project has been my #1 go to in all other situations.

I couldn't find the weights of these units, maybe some of you have experience with the different ones?

Capture_zpsqsnowx6t.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'm seriously considering selling my grasshopper since I rarely use it

Cant help with your actual question (tho I'd like to know the answer too, think Im gonna have to start googling :) ), but yeah, I'm with you on the above sentence.

EmDeemo,

natural farmer

So I've got the cuboid. The thing feels like a cube of lead, even before you put the batteries in! Out of your list, which do you think would be best on size/weight for better portability? I think a one battery setup would help slim everything down. I'm seriously considering selling my grasshopper since I rarely use it, but I still use it as my portable. My project has been my #1 go to in all other situations.

I couldn't find the weights of these units, maybe some of you have experience with the different ones?

Capture_zpsqsnowx6t.jpg
Someone here rocks an Eleaf Pico... It is quite small! I am thinking of getting one myself if it works well. Cuboid is for camping or for parties I think where you need the extra capacity. Too big for out and about...

EDIT: @GoGlass was using a Pico and was still testing at that post. I hope we hear from him... :)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It really gets better and better, isn't it? I have a couple more loads left in the stash and today I am trying low temp ripping to make it last a bit more. So far with this first load (~.1g) it's still green to yellow and I had two sessions already. Let's see if I can make them four... :p What a taste!!! I have been driving unregulated for too long.... Hehe!

It really does get better and better. The first time I felt vapour so thick you could spread it on a sandwich, I understood what a winner we're on to here.

Some extra, random thoughts... I def think theres a benefit to leaving about 3mm between the top of the load and the tip of the stem. I guess, with the way my heater is coiled, it just lets the hot air circulate a bit more before hitting the flower. Grinding or leaving the bud whole seems to make little difference, its amazing either way. I've yet to be able to run the batteries into the ground, its so easy to be able to tell when theyre getting low, plus they last nearly all day of constant use anyway. The Vapcap has been relegated to water only use. I've even stopped dabbing (that wont last). I realise I'm still in the honeymoon period tho.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Flashed to the myevic firmware here - https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/blob/master/bin/myevic.bin

Now I've got a handy clock on the display screen and a coil ohm reading to three decimal places! Actually, more usefully is being able to see the tcr number on the main screen now instead of having to switch to that mode to see it. Handy for a forgetful person like, er..., um... what was I talking about?

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The firmware update also gives more options for the screen, gives constant temp readings instead of stopping every time it throttles, I've increased the auto cut off time to 15 seconds (anyone got experience of this?) and feel like Im finally fully dialed in. Just found the large amount of new options in the menu. Damn cool.

Now moved on to testing with water :) Silicon whip ordered.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo that was the mod that @funkyjunky do originally before was make in the mainstream code of the myevic ( 10 to 15 seconds ) , i never have problem with my 10s but some ppl need more time to take the hit this help with that

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I find the hits are just starting at 10s, 15 seconds and I'm milking the hell out of my d020, no scorching *SO FAR* :)

Last edited:
EmDeemo,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Maybe two or three dabs of bho added on top of a fairly full load. Ive had at least two more massive hits on it since this video. Its still going. I had, I think, three fairly full bowls prior to packing this one, one of those also with a dab of bho.

The battery has gone down 30%. Four full bowls of at least .2 each time, some with bho, all done at 210 to 220 degrees c (according to the mod anyway, certainly tastes like it was spent in the upper ranges) and the battery only went down 30%.

This and the vapcap is all I'll ever need. Well, this, the vapcap and that lamp. Well, this, the vapcap, that lamp and this bathrobe... Well, this, that, the other and some more, etc etc

Get on it! This thing is fantastic!

EDIT: Reloaded. Experiment #437,892.6

One vapcap load in the Eraser, vaped at 225c, killed in pretty much two 15 second draws. A third not very tasty whispy hit followed. No combustion, minimal coughing. Battery is now down to 33% but has only gone down 50% after five bowls. Id say this is pretty good :)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
As a matter of fact this is the best vapor I had in my life.... :luv:

You'll have to forgive me if I thought that would probably be largely hyperbole but yeah, Im totally with you here now. I'm now microdosing at 235c, doing the whole load in one hit, with little to no coughing.

This is THE tastiest vapor I've ever had at these temps, the most comfortable. This is a battery daisy but with thicker hits and less coughing. A tiny Volcano but with thicker hits and less coughing (and no damn bag!). I could go on but you get the point.

Its the best vapour Ive ever had in my life.

This is edited highlights of half an hour of a vapcap sized load, with three dabs of bho on it. In total, there must have been between 10 or 20 hits like these, I completely lost count. I know that only the last two hits tasted a bit 'oh yeah, thats dead'. I couldnt be bothered to edit the other hour of footage. Those hits just kept coming and they were mostly all the same.

Battery only went down 20%

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Forgiven my child... :myday: :p :lol:

Man, you really should try these Air stems as well! Sooo much smoother... :nod:

Amazing session you had there! :clap: I miss top quality herb and white walls... :luv:

Edit: what was that inside the bowl of your last vid??? :whoa:

Thats the first time, ever, as a vaper, with the vapourisers I've had access too, where I've nearly had to tap out.

A small load of Emdog and a dribble of bho.

Actually, yeah I was looking at different stems earlier.

Joaon

@emmdeemo , @natural farmer , you've convinced me!
The "tiny volcano" part was all I wanted to hear ! :lol:
@Pipes : Man! I'm in ! :tup:

It would be amazing to see some lovely exotic-wood bodies, like a tiny 'modbox-powered log' :luv:

So do you guys have pretty control on temps and equivalences, or is it : More power, Less power ..
I've seen @natural farmer that with TCR @ 200, you find that temp displayed is pretty close to real one.

What do I need to order ? :ninja:
Will my Evic VTC mini have enough 'Cojones' to drive the Eraser ? :goon:

Can't wait to join you :cool:

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This thread is so interesting... I feel so confused... for now I can only say WHAT THE FUCK!

Yup, exactly where I was about a week ago. I knew nothing about ecigs or boxmods. Little bit of reading and having all the kit in front of me, taking it apart a few times and putting it back together, and now Im just amazed, shocked, battered. My mouth feels like Ive been eating mints all day and its just the effects of the thick vapour!

Took me a few days to get it properly under my belt but it was so worth it, and not any where near as confusing as I first thought.

ander

Yup, exactly where I was about a week ago. I knew nothing about ecigs or boxmods. Little bit of reading and having all the kit in front of me, taking it apart a few times and putting it back together, and now Im just amazed, shocked, battered. My mouth feels like Ive been eating mints all day and its just the effects of the thick vapour!

Took me a few days to get it properly under my belt but it was so worth it, and not any where near as confusing as I first thought.

Ok... maybe I will need more than a week to see clear... but I already feel... well... FUCKED.

ander,
Reactions: BD9

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
... you find that temp displayed is pretty close to real one.

What do I need to order ? :ninja:
Will my Evic VTC mini have enough 'Cojones' to drive the Eraser ? :goon:

Can't wait to join you :cool:

I did a very unscientific test today, looked up at what the highest temp we can generally extract something worthwhile from the load, around 235/240c or something. So i temp stepped up to there slowly through a bowl, vapour thinned out and went horrible at 235/240 :)

Unscientific but I seem to get the same equivalent results as the settings I remember from using a volcano. But without all the coughing I used to do.

This was my next load :) -
v5vN1qD.jpg

Heres that tiny smattering of a load being consumed. It just about covered the screen. Still tasted awesome.

Theres a list of compatible boxmods a few pages back. I bought the cuboid, blindly following what I'd read :)

Capture_zpsqsnowx6t.jpg

1. Get in touch with Pipes to buy an eraser like mine if you dont want to build one.

2. Get boxmod.

3. Buy batteries.

4. Read instructions. Fiddle. Read instructions again. Fiddle. Read instructions again. Fiddle more. Read whole thread again.

5. DAWNING

6. Shock and disbelief at how amazing the vapour is.

@Pipes , youre a fucking genius with the simplicity of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom