The Picture Thread

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I smell a new theme, food cars . . . :haw: Had to shoot this when it came by last year . . .

weinermobile.jpg

I smell a new theme, food cars . . . :haw: Had to shoot this when it came by last year . . .

weinermobile.jpg
Here's a question,if you owned this,and were also very wealthy,could you resist painting it with a photo-realistic dick paint job? Just bring it out for Parades,XXX movie openings or rape crisis centers? You'd be rich enough to restore it back any time.... Or is it just me?
43efd77a3a6ed799b24f8ffc9b08a53b_zpsdad12e52.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Here's a question,if you owned this,and were also very wealthy,could you resist painting it with a photo-realistic dick paint job? Just bring it out for Parades,XXX movie openings or rape crisis centers? You'd be rich enough to restore it back any time.... Or is it just me?
43efd77a3a6ed799b24f8ffc9b08a53b_zpsdad12e52.jpg

remember this ride we took ship! Ah, the old Mexican baja.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Talk about best seat in the house....

A friend of mine filmed a TV show for MTV he got to go on top of the Stadium there and the Space Needle to film some of the scenes.

Cannon Beach by Robert Barr, on ipernity

The storm rolled in to fast that day. We made it back to town and in to a local pizza shop at Cannon Beach just in time. Seconds after we got out of the rain it started to hail quite intensely.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
SLiM, you take really, really nice photos.

I've always had the "eye" for shooting, but unfortunately, as I've gotten older, my eyes have gotten to the point that I have to use an Auto focus camera, and when my good SLR finally bit the big one, I've surrendered to the fact that a good DSLR is just not a good investment for me. I shoot with a simple digital now, which works "okay"... I've got a better camera I have in my Amazon wish list (a Nikon P510), but I'm not in a hurry on it. Hate disappointment.

Oh, hey... here's my photo. Our first Alaskan Cruise...:

tuesday475.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SLiM, you take really, really nice photos.

I've always had the "eye" for shooting, but unfortunately, as I've gotten older, my eyes have gotten to the point that I have to use an Auto focus camera, and when my good SLR finally bit the big one, I've surrendered to the fact that a good DSLR is just not a good investment for me. I shoot with a simple digital now, which works "okay"... I've got a better camera I have in my Amazon wish list (a Nikon P510), but I'm not in a hurry on it. Hate disappointment.

Oh, hey... here's my photo. Our first Alaskan Cruise...:

tuesday475.jpg

I like how that photo looks almost black and white till you see the little pop of red on the dock.

I have a recommendation for you... if you want the best camera you can get for your need you should run out and get a Nikon 1 V2.
27602_Nikon_1_V2_front.png

Hands down one of the best cameras I have ever used. It does a better job in most instances then my D7000 does. Allot of the newer photographs I take are using this camera. It can take up to 60 images a second! It has amazing auto focus. You can use interchangeable lenses. The color detection and low light capabilities on this thing is crazy! It can pick up reds like my old Leica M3 and Fujifilm Velvia. The shutter is silent so you can do up close candid photographic with out being super obvious. The only drawbacks is I don't have as much control over bracketing and other advanced features. I need those for my professional real estate work, but the Nikon 1 V2 has become the camera I take everywhere with me. I got the 2 lens kit for around $900. Well worth it. It natively prints at 13x19 inches! Stop me now before I really geek out about this camera!

I got it a little over a month ago and I have been shooting so much with it. I have well over 10k images to sort through and edit. I went out to the tulip fields back in April and I had shot 2k photographs in 2-3 hours. This week I am catching up on all my editing and sorting/storage since the whole flickr disaster.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Rainwater-filled sand dunes in Northeast Brazil. Lençois Maranheses.
:peace:

That really wants to make me go swimming.

Seattle Skyline Red Space Needle by Robert Barr, on ipernity

This used to be my view on the deck of the condo I lived in. The view was amazing, but living in Pioneer Square sucked. No infrastructure (like a supermarket) and full of sports fans, light night party people, and homeless people down on their luck... after all it was the birthplace of skid row.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That really wants to make me go swimming.
We did plenty of swimming on that trip indeed.:nod:
312hdn9.jpg

That place is a sight to behold, for sure. Nothing like it on Earth, really.

:peace:

Edit: Here's some bonus video footage of earlier that day. You can hear the angry Brazilians yelling at me to stop being such a fucking idiot. I got stuck going up the first big hill of the day, btw.

Top Bottom