Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

exit

Just got back from Champs a few days ago with several latest greatest technology items and several new products which will likely serve just as evaluation units. I also restocked with some nice fuel for my Persei as I was out for a bit. I fired her up with the SR-71 after melting some nice GDP Honeycomb into her to see what I'd been missing by having her on an extended break due to being out of fuel and I forgot how much I've missed it. That is actually a good thing fortunately as I wouldn't have been able to endure the wait if I really compared how satisfying this is compared to my other portables as much as I appreciate what they do. None of the old or even the new devices I encountered at Champs hold a candle to this lovely as the best "load once, hit many" device I've run across so far. I can't wait to see what is up next, including reviews of how the SR74 compares to the Sr71.

Can I ask what some of you who have played around with all the W9 products, which would you consider as the next most logical progression as a recommended addition to what I have already from W9 if I primarily use concentrates?

Also is there a best way to deal with both full melt and ice Hash as far as best w9 product and method?

The core? Is it worth the hassle of just having a few sets of batteries? Not worried so much about flower, but is the bender THAT nice versus say a solo or PnPro?

Basically get an okeanos, some titanium kiss carts, and a SS kit for your persei and a Core and a ton of batteries.

For what its worth ive done Ice and Full melt ot of the SR71 without any issue at all. Some really dirty stuff left some residue behind but thats it. Also the Bender is awesome. it doesnt replace a Solo or Pinnacle Pro at all but is very very nice as its own thing.

Big Baby Jesus

The momentum is finally on our side. Carpe diem!
I'm a medical user. I have actually given up dried herbs completely by using the Ophos. I'm planning on purchasing a Persei next month. Does it come with the head that allows for two carts? Additionally, which ohm cart is best for quick heavy hits for pain management? Thanks for a great product.

Yes, the Persei comes with a double cartridge top. In my opinion, you want the 5.0 ohm carts for quick and heavy hits. I can get a good hit out of the 1.5/2.4 ohm carts, but it takes way, way, way too long. I've got a 4.0 cart, but haven't loaded it up yet to offer feedback. I can tell you I burnt up a brand new 1.5 ohm cart following the preoxidize instructions on vapopedia to the letter, so I assume the 4.0 ohm carts are just as touchy.

Caligula

Maximus
So here's my new organizing solution for my portable oil gear! It took me literally days of searching before I decided on this case (got it off of Amazon):

http://www.skoobadesign.com/laptop-cable-stable-dlx

2sxm.jpg

2f16.jpg

Now, I'm still playing around with the configuration, but so far so good! I still need to find my stock Persei charger and buy a few things like a small bottle of alcohol based hand sanitizer and alcohol prep pads, but most of what I want is already in there. In case you're wondering, all the medication and everything that comes in contact with it (most of my tools, the carts, etc) are in that plastic smell proof bag on the bottom left. Things work wonders keeping air and moisture (and obviously smell) in/out.

http://www.smellyproof.com/

While I was at it, I found PTFE sheeting being sold by the foot. Picked some up to cover my work area with:

ddhd.jpg

snxt.jpg

Non stick and chemical resistant, baby!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So here's my new organizing solution for my portable oil gear! It took me literally days of searching before I decided on this case (got it off of Amazon):

2sxm.jpg

Ok

2f16.jpg

Now, I'm still playing around with the configuration, but so far so good! I still need to find my stock Persei charger and buy a few things like a small bottle of alcohol based hand sanitizer and alcohol prep pads, but most of what I want is already in there. In case you're wondering, all the medication and everything that comes in contact with it (most of my tools, the carts, etc) are in that plastic smell proof bag on the bottom left. Things work wonders keeping air and moisture (and obviously smell) in/out.

While I was at it, I found PTFE sheeting being sold by the foot. Picked some up to cover my work area with:

ddhd.jpg

snxt.jpg

ataxian,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Hmm... I guess the only way for me to get a Ti KISS is to buy a Persei .

I am jumping for joy, MMJ is on the ballot for vote in Florida on November 4! :D

If anyone has any doubt as to whether or not they need The Core, please review that I wrote on the W9 website. (It's the only one on there so far.) :clap::clap::clap::clap:

chronickiller7

I noticed the release date for the sr-74 is now feb 1st. Is this correct? I want to get a new cart(s), but don't know which to get. I'm using mostly shatters and extremely stable waxes/oils. The kiss carts look nice, but at 25 a piece, i feel like it's going to be expensive to keep replacing them every 2-3 weeks. You can get a 5-pack of micro vaped carts for $50. Of course they aren't going to taste quite as good as the kisses, but do the kiss carts last significantly longer than the micro vaped ones, cloud atomizers, or similar ones?

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
For me, the KISS cart has proven very durable for my Omicron v2.5. Best not to overload as it is "load as you go" . I did burn one out, but only because I forgot to change the voltage on The Core back to 3.7v after using the SR-71. It cleans well in an ISO bath to look nearly new.

DieHard,
Reactions: ataxian

chronickiller7

For me, the KISS cart has proven very durable for my Omicron v2.5. Best not to overload as it is "load as you go" . I did burn one out, but only because I forgot to change the voltage on The Core back to 3.7v after using the SR-71. It cleans well in an ISO bath to look nearly new.
So you can soak the entire heating element in iso? It won't ruin any electronics in it?

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Yes you can. "G" has posted instructions for cleaning a few pages back. There are no electronics inside. I took apart the one that I burned and there is only wire going to the contacts. The resistance comes from the type of wire, the gauge(diameter), and number of turns in the coil.

masaki

I noticed the release date for the sr-74 is now feb 1st. Is this correct? I want to get a new cart(s), but don't know which to get. I'm using mostly shatters and extremely stable waxes/oils. The kiss carts look nice, but at 25 a piece, i feel like it's going to be expensive to keep replacing them every 2-3 weeks. You can get a 5-pack of micro vaped carts for $50. Of course they aren't going to taste quite as good as the kisses, but do the kiss carts last significantly longer than the micro vaped ones, cloud atomizers, or similar ones?
I would say get the sr74 before the kiss. The kiss cart has proven to be durable with proper care and can be cleaned to nearly brand new. But the hercules if assembled right is a beast that doesn't require you to reload between hits, you can puff that thing till you KO. If your on a budget the kiss cart will fulfill your needs and some.
The decision is yours lol

masaki,

OF

So you can soak the entire heating element in iso? It won't ruin any electronics in it?

Yes. There are no electronics there to worry about. The materials used (the real issue) were intentionally picked with ISO soaks and boiling in water in mind we're told.

Soak at will.

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

2sxm.jpg

2f16.jpg

ddhd.jpg

snxt.jpg

W9 TECH in one case GLASS fittings in another.

I use to keep it all together however by keeping the medical supplies separate makes it easier to stay organized.

Before:

ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
I completely agree. I have too much stuff that I use for specific instances to put everything in one case. I came to the conclusion that keeping oil, flower, rigs and glass separate is best. Sadly this means I need duplicates of some tools (like that Oil Slick mat), heh.

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Any update on the SR74 parts release date (Ti coils and such)?

That my friend im super pissed on atm. I have complete hercs but some how the spare parts are stuck at customs.

Our gooberment thinks that center posts and washers are something that needs to be completely tested tried and most likely lost. As of right now attorney is handling the case.

They do have a month hold on it like they did with the Iris when that first came out. We have submitted all the paper work and all we need to do is wait for the gooberment to do what they do best. Screw people over.

ED421

I don't see the Ti Kiss cart for the OPHOS. What's the difference between the OPHOS, Omicron and Omicron Light 3.7v Kiss carts? Is there any?

ED421,
Top Bottom