Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
With .3 in 4 hit my hercules I usually get a good 3-4 rips till I gotta reload. Now if there is someone who is getting even upwards of 10 rips. You're gonna need to show me a video or something.

I don't get this. With a regular cart and 1g, the estimate is 200-400 hits. Why wouldn't a gram last as long in the herc? If you're getting 4 hits per .3, that's only 12 hits per gram??!! :huh: That's ridiculous. The herc isn't that much a pig. Is your bottom tank flooded with oil?

Edit: Are you starting with an empty herc? I could see losing .2 to the coil buffer....

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I get damn fine rips for long periods on my herc. I blaze all day long with it (non stop), and still only use a couple grams. Im calling bullshit for sure.

Edit.....this is after I learned how to use it CORRECTLY, of course. In the beginning there were FLOODS.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
I like my 3.7 v herc setup the best. It has it all. Huge clouds, great battery life and awesome flavor.
This morning I woke up to a foot of snow!

I had to try out the Hammer top for dabs to fortify myself. Holy crap!! it was awesome! The taste was even better than the Herc! It worked best with my smaller nails, or at least the big domeless did not get totally clean (close enough though). I wish I knew about this sooner!

Jesser509

I don't get this. With a regular cart and 1g, the estimate is 200-400 hits. Why wouldn't a gram last as long in the herc? If you're getting 4 hits per .3, that's only 12 hits per gram??!! :huh: That's ridiculous. The herc isn't that much a pig. Is your bottom tank flooded with oil?

Edit: Are you starting with an empty herc? I could see losing .2 to the coil buffer....
Yea there is always big globs of oil in the bottom tank when I clean it. But thats after going through like 2-3 grams. Figured it was normal.

Jesser509,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Yea there is always big globs of oil in the bottom tank when I clean it. But thats after going through like 2-3 grams. Figured it was normal.
Man I can go thrpugh 7 g or more and only see maybe.2 to .3 in the bottom. You need cool down rips. Also, do NOT lay on side! While warm to the to the touch at all.

Sleepin in CA,

Jesser509

Man I can go thrpugh 7 g or more and only see maybe.2 to .3 in the bottom. You need cool down rips. Also, do NOT lay on side! While warm to the to the touch at all.
? I thought the best thing to do was lay it on its side. Also i simply don't have time to fully cool it down. Its takes like 2 minutes. What do you mean cool down rips?

Jesser509,

exit

Glad it works out for you. When I tried this I used a short piece of Silicone tube over the outside to connect the various MPs I tried. I found I missed the baffles in the stock MP, I guess you're hitting it a lot harder than I am? Perhaps our goods differ enough to make a difference as well, I'm using some very clean CO2 oil right now.

I did end up with a short (about 3/4 inch) piece of tube over the connection of the MP to the cone because it makes a perfect gasket to fit the PNWT or F Bomb I seem to always have handy these days for a quick 'change of pace' water hit or two.

I think one of the best parts of this stuff is the way we can modify/customize/chage the way we use these tools to suit our individual tastes/needs/desires? Modular vapes have serious advantages here, sometimes in trade off for 'looking better'......

OF

I don't think I'm hitting it very hard. I barely draw at all to get massive clouds with it. My stuff is not nearly as clean as yours though, it hits great but leaves tons of residue behind. A little over a g of it would have the mouthpiece on my Hercules sealed shut. If I had some cleaner concentrates to work with I'm sure I wouldn't be having issues with clogs, then again I know this is just how this stuff acts.

I agree on the modular thing by the way completely. When it comes to my weed i'll take modular anyday.

On a unrelated note has anyone used any of those 30A 18650s in their Persei? I'm so tempted to buy a SS kit just to experience dual 18650s on the Herc. It's kind of a moot point with the Core existing now and everything but dammit I want the battery power.

exit,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Cool down rips are a MUST. Make the time.

Cool down rips are just hits w/o button press to cool down rod and chamber.

Laying on side is fine IF your reclaim chamber is emptu or minimally full. Otherwise youre gonna have a bad time.

@exit I love my ss wand!

exit

Are the 3.2V batteries useful with a Hercules?
I keep finding these 3.2V batteries for some reason, but I'm not sure what to use them with!
Maybe with my 5 Ohm KISS cart for a slightly less harsh hit?

Jesser509

Cool down rips are a MUST. Make the time.

Cool down rips are just hits w/o button press to cool down rod and chamber.

Laying on side is fine IF your reclaim chamber is emptu or minimally full. Otherwise youre gonna have a bad time.

@exit I love my ss wand!
I always do like 10 cool down rips. Wax still melts into the bottom chamber

Jesser509

About 45‰ coil with honeycomb wax. Wait am i supposed to hit coil until its dry all the time? I hold it diagonally

Jesser509,

OF

I don't get this. With a regular cart and 1g, the estimate is 200-400 hits. Why wouldn't a gram last as long in the herc? If you're getting 4 hits per .3, that's only 12 hits per gram??!! :huh: That's ridiculous. The herc isn't that much a pig.

You might find a case of Jack Daniels lasts a while, until you have Guns and Roses stop by. I know guys that might get 4 or 5 dabs from that same gram.

I find that level extremely high, but still realistic for some. There was a very impressive video of one of the Cera EO engineers getting like 30 hits to the gram, pretty amazing.

You have to account for some guys taking a lot more, there's a fellow wondering around here that used to roll Blunts with 7 grams (1/4 ounce) of bud in them........

OF

when I first started with the herc it was hungrier than the damn cookiemonster and it had indijestion cause my oil was in bottom section. I turned skews both at once to bottom insulator havnt seen A Drip down their since at least 10 gs ago. Cool downs r a must tho I agree even with reg carts COOL DOWNS A MUST
I do the same with the .3 load and got off a 3hr non stop herc fest road trip with only 2 loads and two sets of batteries and these aint no small whispy rips neither

OF

Has anyone rebuilt a KISS cart with TI grade wire? This thing is so tiny I have no idea how it would be done.

AFAIK not only hasn't it been done, bit most guys can't because the wire needed is not available. Not only will you need an exact size of Ti wire but the heater is actually 3 pieces (the end two don't make heat), so having a spool of the right stuff won't feed the bulldog.

Once humans have the right material, it should be just as possible to physically wind and install the coils as it now is......obviously possible, people are doing it right now.

OF

OF,
Reactions: exit

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
About 45‰ coil with honeycomb wax. Wait am i supposed to hit coil until its dry all the time? I hold it diagonally

Nah the coil should stay loaded for the most part. I think your overdoing the prime load on top of the loaded coil.

Two suggestions come to mind...
1. Try loading a bit less on your prime, and see if that helps (when I first cut mine it took awhile to find the sweet spot for wax loads).
2. You may be over heating and draining the wax right out. Try holding for 3s on and 2s off once vapor starts.

Hope this helps

=)

@OF

I roll those kind of fatties as well. =D

OF

@OF

I roll those kind of fatties as well. =D

I don't doubt it a bit. Nor do I have any issues with the idea. I just think 'the new guys' should realize this goes on, they can well be getting advice from guys who live in a whole other world than they do consumption wise. We have guys that go through more in an afternoon than many others do in a few months......that's a HUGE range. Probably much larger than the gulf between "Social" and "Binge" Drinkers. Most guys don't expect the guys slamming back boiler makers to make useful comments on the fine points of craft beers? Both drink beer, but at entirely different levels.......

OF

thevaf

AFAIK not only hasn't it been done, bit most guys can't because the wire needed is not available. Not only will you need an exact size of Ti wire but the heater is actually 3 pieces (the end two don't make heat), so having a spool of the right stuff won't feed the bulldog.

Once humans have the right material, it should be just as possible to physically wind and install the coils as it now is......obviously possible, people are doing it right now.

OF

The 5.ohm version might be more attainable. Amazon has 24awg Ti grade for a decent price: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D62AHWU

Then all you need is some non resistance wire like pure silver, which is widely available from the ecig vendors.

Ceramic wicking is a toss up. Not sure where G gets his sticks, which would be the best options. But if you can't find that the next option is xc-116. A braided ceramic rope from rbasupplies.com

The last and prob hardest part is a wire joiner/welder, unless you want to spend some $$ your options are limited to twisting the wires, or hombrew like a "Spotty" wire welder. There's also some crazy people using disposable cameras.

It's still doable you just gotta put a lot of effort. In my opinion, $20 from W9 is well worth the time saved.

Top Bottom