Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
The 5.ohm version might be more attainable. Amazon has 24awg Ti grade for a decent price: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D62AHWU

Then all you need is some non resistance wire like pure silver, which is widely available from the ecig vendors.

Ceramic wicking is a toss up. Not sure where G gets his sticks, which would be the best options. But if you can't find that the next option is xc-116. A braided ceramic rope from rbasupplies.com

The last and prob hardest part is a wire joiner/welder, unless you want to spend some $$ your options are limited to twisting the wires, or hombrew like a "Spotty" wire welder. There's also some crazy people using disposable cameras.

It's still doable you just gotta put a lot of effort. In my opinion, $20 from W9 is well worth the time saved.

Good find on that titanium wire ... just ordered a roll.

FC-2000 is the ceramic wick you're looking for

MileHighLife,

exit

So I have to say I'm really tempted to just get a 3.7v rod for my SR71.
I figure I gotta try vaping ground flowers out of it sooner or later.

So how would one go about stuffing the SR71 full of flowers and vaping it? It would seem to me there wouldn't be a way to do it without causing combustion.

MileHighLife

I was wondering the same thing. Was thinking full coil with pipe screen on top then packing the chamber above the coil?

MileHighLife,

OF

Then all you need is some non resistance wire like pure silver, which is widely available from the ecig vendors.

Good find on the wire, but again I can't agree with "Then all you need" is some non resistance wire" (which is very easy to find at many levels) because you still face making those two tiny but precise welds. Those welds are far from trivial, they must carry full current and cannot include 'thinning' that would create a hot spot and failure. "They" are probably using an automated process for this. The material used for the leads will have to come from the probably very short list of metals that will weld with Ti, it will take a LOT of heat to fuse the two.

Those two welds, I think, prevent all but the most serious from playing. Like making cars, the 'threshold of entry' (cost to make the first unit in a new market) will be a killer. Given the welded assembly it's simply a matter of technique and dextarity to assemble I'd think.

At this point I think our ability to rebuild KISS carts hinges on W9 making the part(s) available, the heater itself is a custom part we're not in a position to make at the kitchen table.

OF

MileHighLife

Good find on the wire, but again I can't agree with "Then all you need" is some non resistance wire" (which is very easy to find at many levels) because you still face making those two tiny but precise welds. Those welds are far from trivial, they must carry full current and cannot include 'thinning' that would create a hot spot and failure. "They" are probably using an automated process for this. The material used for the leads will have to come from the probably very short list of metals that will weld with Ti, it will take a LOT of heat to fuse the two.

Those two welds, I think, prevent all but the most serious from playing. Like making cars, the 'threshold of entry' (cost to make the first unit in a new market) will be a killer. Given the welded assembly it's simply a matter of technique and dextarity to assemble I'd think.

At this point I think our ability to rebuild KISS carts hinges on W9 making the part(s) available, the heater itself is a custom part we're not in a position to make at the kitchen table.

OF

I have read about methods of just tying the pieces of wire together but I haven't needed to add non-resistance wire to my coils so I haven't done extensive research on the subject.

MileHighLife,

BlueLite

Does anyone know if W9 will ship any faster methods than standard priority? Have an order in the cart and am willing to pay extra shipping, I just need to get it to the right hotel in my travel schedule... And I got no answer on the phone number from the mobile site...

BlueLite,

zeek01

Does anyone know if W9 will ship any faster methods than standard priority? Have an order in the cart and am willing to pay extra shipping, I just need to get it to the right hotel in my travel schedule... And I got no answer on the phone number from the mobile site...
Try that number again I've never had them not answer inside business hours.

Also Ifound a local shop that sells aw imrs. I got two 18650 2000mah batts. Ill finally admit that the aw batts make ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world. especially when using thr black rid. i cant wait for the new white ros. i feel like its the answer to my prayers. more power than nornal black Rod but less than the old white rod.

zeek01,
Reactions: Caligula

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep

our hours are from 10-530 pst please try again !818-849-6133

Caligula

Maximus
@OF
Here's some pics of the redesigned KISS MP. I've only used it once but I already like the lack of restriction better than the old style. Also pretty sure it wont clog and if it does you have some serious issues with proper use, heh.

edit: if it became an issue I could probably fit the screen from the Hercules in there somehow between the cone and MP (I dont use it on the herc. Just causes clogs).

bj26.jpg

cwy3.jpg

Last edited:

mystikalghost

@OF
Here's some pics of the redesigned KISS MP. I've only used it once but I already like the lack of restriction better than the old style. Also pretty sure it wont clog and if it does you have some serious issues with proper use, heh.

edit: if it became an issue I could probably fit the screen from the Hercules in there somehow between the cone and MP (I dont use it on the herc. Just causes clogs).

bj26.jpg

cwy3.jpg

Do the plastic ones have issues with clogs? I don't like how easy it is to pull out and I tried a few different mouthpieces I had and none fit. The bulb style atomizer ones ALMOST did but nothing was too snug. I almost want to look for an alternate mouth piece that would fit.

mystikalghost,

Caligula

Maximus
I only had it clog once so I wouldn't call it a problem... however clearing the clog was more troublesome than it needed to be.

Anyway, I was more concerned about part of the plastic on the original unit warping under extended use.

StickyShisha2

for me, the original mouthpiece clogged quickly when it was cold out. I forced the MP from a G-pen on it and i am much happier now.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: OF

Caligula

Maximus
You guys can just use those cigarette condoms that the OG Omicron and Persei carts come with. They stretch over the cone collar with relative ease.

Now that I thinking about it... imma put one on the new MP. I'm sure it'll fit easily and will prevent any drops of liquid concentrate from being sucked into my mouth (which hasnt been a issue yet just FYI).

Caligula,
Reactions: OF

MileHighLife

Ah! A use for G pen after all.......well done!

OF

The g pen battery also works with omicron carts. And grenco came out with the g coil quite a while ago which (if it came with a ceramic wick) is a better design than the kiss carts IMO.

Now I'm not a fan of grenco ... just a messenger

MileHighLife,

Caligula

Maximus
No its not. I was a early adopter of the G coil as well as their "nail" cart. Both were garbage that didn't work properly and broke within the first few days of use.

However, yes the threading for the Grenco units as well as the Up Tech units are 601. The G pen battery can make for quite the stealth device with a traditional style cart attached to it IMO, however I found there to be an airflow issue causing a more restricted draw. This caused me to burn out one of my carts by trying to use it like I would on my Persei. Havent tried again since.

No idea if it has enough juice to run a KISS either...

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The g pen battery also works with omicron carts. And grenco came out with the g coil quite a while ago which (if it came with a ceramic wick) is a better design than the kiss carts IMO.

Now I'm not a fan of grenco ... just a messenger

sorry your mistaken the ecig industry came out with the atomizer long before Grenco. The gcoil is a ovale elips and ego w.

Atmos was the first to come out with this design. But in atomizer form.

G_Coil_1000W.jpg

Atomizers like the HH.357 had been around long before the gpen and atmos.

Sorry to say but repackaging the same technology doesnt make you the first.

Top Bottom