Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Alright, leads have been plugged in right bottom 2 ports. I set to the horseshoe, when I touch the herc like shown my shit jumps everywhere, touch nothing and it says 1. Touch center pin and threads, starts bouncing around.
Touched positive and negative on a 18650 3.7v 1600mah battery, no jumping around tells me - 315. Bad battery in meter? Slightly stupid user error? I mean I can see where you all are touching the herc and I'm in the same spot.

All you guys help was appreciated very much. I just don't get it, not due to bad instructions, they were great, it's definitely ME. Yet another attempt to "be handy" fails and spirals me even deeper into a depressed, "How fucking stupid are you, s420s?", that little motherfucker in my head laughing at me once again for trying. So I withdraw more, and try less, safer that way.
My herc has been working great, I was just trying to be one of the guys and "test watts/volts/current/ohms".

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Alright, leads have been plugged in right bottom 2 ports. I set to the horseshoe, when I touch the herc like shown my shit jumps everywhere, touch nothing and it says 1. Touch center pin and threads, starts bouncing around.
Touched positive and negative on a 18650 3.7v 1600mah battery, no jumping around tells me - 315. Bad battery in meter? Slightly stupid user error? I mean I can see where you all are touching the herc and I'm in the same spot.

Please do not check resistance on the batteries.

Can you email me Images of how you are touching them I'll tell you if it's correct, also images of the setting and the if the wires are correctly connected. Some mm's have three ports on the bottom to connect your leads

exit

there is no need to measure the battery at all. i never mentioned measuring the battery, that won't do anything for you. you want to check the part that screws onto the persei top

have you read the manual for your multimeter? if not read it and make sure your leads are configured correctly for reading resistance. sometimes different settings require them to be plugged in differently.

i got flying numbers like you if they were barely touching, kind of resting on each other? but i assume you are pushing them together?

if you still get numbers flying all around when you touch the leads together it might just be time to return that DMM for another one. maybe even the same model just a different one...

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
according to manual I am plugged into the right spots red is right and black is in correct. Set to 200per manual in the ohms part, should get a zero according to manual. I get numbers going all wacky like I said before, not like 300, 302, 299...I mean like .35 then 41.7, 135.1 -.7.

Meter is junk, what did I expect from harbor freight.

Silver420Surfer,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I through a SHERLOCK on the HERCULES SR71.

There is no way I can ever complain!

I don't know why you quoted me, but I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about the persei/herc. I wasn't, I was complaining about a crappy meter. My persei/herc, as I told G, has become one of the things i never leave home without(keys,wallet,persei).
Just confused by your post Ataxian, lol.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I don't know why you quoted me, but I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about the persei/herc. I wasn't, I was complaining about a crappy meter. My persei/herc, as I told G, has become one of the things i never leave home without(keys,wallet,persei).

I think ataxia is enjoying his Herc to much to complain about anything actually. Really like saying nothing bothers me after the Herc.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was referring to.
"G" got it!
I may be reckless?
The Hercules got me so medicated.
Maybe I live with an extreme positive view point?

Caligula

Maximus
This week we should have em. Running a little low as we simply sold more then we can manufacture so we are trying to catch up. Also working on theTi coils.

Oh good. I've been waiting for them to be available so I can also order an SS kit and step up to dual 18650s. Do you have any available now regardless of color?

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

This is why I loathe science, no matterhow hard I try, I just can't grasp it. UGH!

When I touch my leads together, with the dial set to the horshoe icon(i assume that horeshoe = resistance)
I go from 535, 340, 483, 1, 008,075,129,039, and just keeps changing. "Buy the cheap meter they said, they all work the same..."

OK, you're on a 200 Ohm range, what's with the numbers over 200? It's a 3 1/2 digit meter, it should be in the format XYY.Y where X is 1 or 2 and Ys are 1 to 9? Is the decimal not there?

The meter should show overrange (1 with the rest blanked out) when the leads are open. When you short them together it should go to something like 00.6, with the decimal point there no matter. The exact reading when shorted depends on solid contact to get stable readings (generally the lowest number seen), be sure the metal is clean and tightly held and not moving to get a stable reading. The meter test 3 times a second or so, it's likely to 'catch' any shoddy connections.

It's also possible you have a bad lead, it happens. Easy to test, pull one at a time out of it's socket and use the tip of the other to probe the metal sleeve in the jack.

What you get?

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I did post an ohm meter a couple pages back made for this. Has a 510 socket on it. Just use a 510-601 adapter.

I also posted a couple shots and instruction on how to measure the Sr-71. The weak link for me is the bottom screw on the SS tank being tighten too much. Doing this it doesn't make contact with the center screw on the bottom isolator. don't over tighten this screw.

OF explained everything you need to know on the ohm meter

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
This was a few years ago.

Glad to see we make a huge impact on the essential oil and ecig market.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Ivobbb

this is not a pax thread, and i am not a fan of the pax personally, but i have a problem with what you're implying. are women not allowed to vape in your world? :goon:

LOL :)

Ofcourse they are, I would like to meet that kind of girl, I was impying that Pax don´t look like something strong enough for me. Sorry if I offended you.

ohdono

high more than not
Do this for me take the ptfe shell off (black plastic part).

Use the Hercules without the outer middle shell. Just put the top stainless cap on and the mouth piece and try it then.

If still a no go take the coil out and see if the rod turns red when your hitting the button.

Let me know how it goes.
it doesnt turn red but the metal gets hot

0xEl8Rh.jpg

aej5qV9.jpg

Last edited:
ohdono,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
OK, you're on a 200 Ohm range, what's with the numbers over 200? It's a 3 1/2 digit meter, it should be in the format XYY.Y where X is 1 or 2 and Ys are 1 to 9? Is the decimal not there?

The meter should show overrange (1 with the rest blanked out) when the leads are open. When you short them together it should go to something like 00.6, with the decimal point there no matter. The exact reading when shorted depends on solid contact to get stable readings (generally the lowest number seen), be sure the metal is clean and tightly held and not moving to get a stable reading. The meter test 3 times a second or so, it's likely to 'catch' any shoddy connections.

It's also possible you have a bad lead, it happens. Easy to test, pull one at a time out of it's socket and use the tip of the other to probe the metal sleeve in the jack.

What you get?

OF
Thank you, OF. You're the one who got me buying this meter, remember, lol?
Will check tomorrow, I am unable to currently do this.
Thanks for your reply though!!

exit

i should have metnioned @ohdono have yuo tried this with the bottom insilator attachded.

1 remove the rubbery outer shell and put it to the side
2 measure resistance on what you have left, should very close to or exactly 1,7v
3 reattach main herc to bottom insulartor measure
if you got a good reading then skip step 4
4. with a fresh and fully charged battery, attach everting together.
5, teke SR71 off from the button top and measure resistance is't
6. load er up hold mouthpiece hear to your eat for a few seconds, should hear some bubbling if so stop pushing and keep pulling! and pull until the clods become satisfactorally dense

very excited to hear about these new cart desigs, i alawsy loves what comes out of here! very effectove at separating myself from my wallet

415~650
@ataxian or anyone else that has a ce4 cart... Just wondering what ohms you got for the tank, does the 2.5 work well with pure gold? I don't really wanna get it and wished id had waited for the 5.0 to come back in stock, or wait for the 5.0 when the 2.5 is hitting well...

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
IF YOUR SR-71 HAS EVER HIT OR HEATED UP IN THE PAST, THE PROBLEM IS YOU NOT THE HERC!

honestly if your herc isn't working like it should (the ceramic rod doesn't heat up and turn red near instantly) you have problems. if it does you're just not using it right.

i don't even know what atomsk's problem is but i wouldn't doubt its the same thing.
i'm also willing to bet both you don't own multimeters. the bottom insulator is very picky about being put together right. you NEED to measure the resistance when the herc is fully assembled or else you'll zap tops if it's shorting and you won't get it to do anything if the resistance is too high.

i'm also willing to bet that both of you got pissed off from not getting any hits and heated the fuck out of it, didn't cool it down by inhaling a few times after you're done using it.

seriously, if it's ever worked at all in the past, it's your fault if it doesn't work well.

i just hate to see people complain at THC SCI and blame the unit. in my opinion the bottom insulator has ALWAYS been the only part of the whole contraption to give me any grief. like THC SCI said, take the outer shell and bottom insulator off and screw it right onto your top. if it doesn't start to turn red instantly then yes it's either put together wrong or actually broken somehow. if it does, buy a multimeter and learn from what you were doing wrong.

@Atomsk i forgot to tag you, this is for you too buddy.

I wouldn't go to Vegas any time soon, exit. You make a lot of brash assumptions here and I'm sorry that you lost all these bets of yours. Bets against me, at least.

After very gentle draws with the Hercules, I cool it down just like you would an omicron cart and after, set it on it's side, as has been general practice since its release. (Although THC Scientific has said it doesn't matter how you draw from it, any way you hit it should produce vapor. Lol, not in my experience.)

I own a Fluke 77 III MM. Measures resistance in the carts and ceramic rod perfectly. Fuck if I didn't think to use this to measure my Herc. I bet I'm just a pissy customer.

Despite how frustrated I allow myself to be while posting, I actually spent a lot of patient time on my Hercules. Kind of a deranged calm. I put mine together in front of THC Scientific at the San Diego sesh. He said that my assembly was sound. Tried to fire it, and he saw that it wouldn't work. After seeing that, he took it apart, didn't even measure the bottom insulator, though you have painstakingly described a process I'm sure works for you. He just measured the Ceramic Rod, which was broken. "Oh, this shouldn't have passed quality control. Weird. Here, have a new one." After that it STILL didn't work. Only after cutting our coils did our Hercs did start to work. But we never measured resistance. We never compared Hercs. We just saw that finally, FINALLY, our Hercs were producing some vapor and we left happy enough.

Now, my contention is that we did not have a baseline performance. We didn't spend any significant time making sure that both units were up to snuff, identical. We simply made them spit out vapor and went on our merry way. Could it be that in that hotel room, in so few steps and time, we covered all possible variables? Would you make that bet?

I, however, am willing to bet that you didn't know that THC Scientific brought 3 BRAND NEW units he had taken off the line the day before he visited San Diego. Said when he tested them, they were fine. But when he got to San Diego, for some darned reason, he couldn't get any of them to work. The Manufacturer couldn't tell us why. Now I'm not saying these Hercs never work, exit. I believe I always stated that when it works it's amazing. The problem is that, given consistent conditions, my Herc remains an inconsistent device.

And despite all that, you are confident it's user error? You are aware that your exact conditions are not universally shared? That only those who experience the same problems as you will be able to solve it in a similar way? You are aware of the possibility of other variables that may not affect you but affect others? The Manufacturer has trouble with some of his own units. Couldn't get 5 working at the same time. Couldn't explain why. I suppose you can?

I'm not devaluing your experience with your Hercules, that would just be bad manners, nor am I questioning the process by which you assure proper contact is had. I'm sure, if I don't sell my Persei, I'll go through the same motions. But to suggest that other people are just being idiots because your device works, that's just not okay.

You describe how removing your Herc from your Persei changed the center pin a little. I've known this from the start and avoid doing such. I still have had to constantly work at the center pin despite rarely moving it. I'm pretty sure the center pin is affected by the heat, and, expands slightly, changing the contact position. This is likely the biggest problem with the bottom insulator.

Trust me, buddy, I've thought of every reason why I'm wasting hundreds of dollars. I'm not so frivolous with money that I go around making bad bets.

Top Bottom