Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
@THC SCIENTIFIC what he said ^^^

To anyone running a 40% or lower coil... do you have excessive issues with your MP screen getting clogged with concentrate? Having to clean mine repeatedly is irritating to say the least. In any case my ISO soak is done on the new coil W9 sent me so hopefully i can reduce this issue with a taller coil. Seems to have gotten worse when I threw the 30 coil in there.

Caligula,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

To anyone running a 40% or lower coil... do you have excessive issues with your MP screen getting clogged with concentrate? Having to clean mine repeatedly is irritating to say the least. In any case my ISO soak is done on the new coil W9 sent me so hopefully i can reduce this issue with a taller coil. Seems to have gotten worse when I threw the 30 coil in there.

I actually took my screen out of the mouthpiece and it solved that problem. I only use my Herc with a Nibbler XL though, so I've never had to worry about any accidental oil spewing.

kindbeats,
Reactions: Caligula

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Yeap the screen can clog. I found the loading is the reason. Now I draw very slow after a load and melt it into the coil. Also nice even slow draws helps, but I still clog the screen a little

PhotoRider,
Reactions: Caligula

exit

Pax looks like something that goes with iphone, it looks to me like something for girls,

this is not a pax thread, and i am not a fan of the pax personally, but i have a problem with what you're implying. are women not allowed to vape in your world? :goon:

yes i've run into this, but by that point the herc should get a cleaning/iso wash anyway ;)

i'm very lazy so i'll go a week with the mouthpiece getting clogged and just push down from the top of the mouthpiece with a poker and it's good to go until it cools down again...

Caligula

Maximus
this is not a pax thread, and i am not a fan of the pax personally, but i have a problem with what you're implying. are women not allowed to vape in your world?:goon:

I don't have a problem with women vaping. Then again I also didn't go out and buy a purple Persei. To put it a different way, a Gucci edition convertible Fiat 500 might be a fine automobile, but I wouldn't drive one.

ohdono

high more than not
hello,

ive had the persei and the herc for a few days now and took a while to cover the learning curve the herc comes with. majority of the time i didnt have the herc working was adjusting the bottom insulator to connect with the bottom piece of the ceramic rod and the persei itself. i finally got it to work and felt the heat coming to the herc and was in tears of excitement anxious for huge clouds i was about to be blowing. had it working for one session with my friends but was definitely not pulling as much smoke as i read from people talking about or in videos ive seen and knew it wasnt nearly close to full potential.

unfortunately the next day i tried the herc again and im getting no vapor, the herc still heats but no smoke... i dont know what im doing wrong after this point. i melt my wax/budder onto the coil and let the herc heat as i slowly draw from it. no dice, i open up the mouth piece and see the wax is melted depper into the coils. i try and try again and again with but no luck. i tried just dry herb as well and its the same story. the hercules gets really hot but doesnt seem to vape anything. i try not to hold the persei for too long because i feel like the hercules gets just too hot for it not to start vaping and feel like something is wrong. dry herbs and waxes arent working. ive been very patient with the product learning very slowly from trial and error with getting the sr71 to finally heat. my ceramic rod when i twist the hercules pieces apart is only showing the short white section. its been a very frustrating few days of trying to get this to work on my own but finally decided to post for help.

woah is the variable voltage head for sale now?

has anyone noticed the bottom insulator on the SR-71 being really fussy? I had to adjust mine constantly to get it to read a proper resistance, but now it doesn't move at all and even pushes itself up into the bottom insulator when i screw a top it. it was always fine up until it just zapped a top T_T

so i'm going to have to get the bottom insulator replaced again. i'm wondering if other people are having trouble with the bottom insulator or i should send the whole SR71 back (maybe not the top part with the oil coil haha)?
are persei warranties strictly only a year? i coulda spent double and just had a spare persei :(

Two week hiatus to cool down and I decided to try the Herc out again today. I mean, I'm not perfect. I could just be fucking up, right?

Now don't get me wrong, when the Hercules works it kicks ass. But mine works less than half the time and that sucks ass. I'm tired of wasting time and money. Of reading everyone else's success and feeling like a retard. I'm really appreciative @THCSCIENTIFIC that you even drove here to help, but it really shouldn't take a trip by the manufacturer to have the product resemble what it should be. And really, my friends with G Pens shouldn't be able to top the performance of the Persei, they should be tripping over themselves asking about the Hercules. But they can't. Because mine has always been broken.

Now what can I do to get this fixed permanently? To not spend half my afternoon trying to get it to work. To get it working, set it down, and have it not working again? It's not user error any more, I have ruled that out in such meticulous, soul sucking trouble shooting.

G, I need a new unit that you can guarantee, without a doubt, and without a drive to San Diego, works. Please. I'm done wasting time, money, oil, and happiness. I take wax to lower High blood pressure, dude. Not to increase it.

edit: As I go to the sink to retrieve my pieces drying from alcohol, I knocked the mouthpiece in to the drain. Today gets better and better.

i read quite a few pages back from the latest page and can relate most with these 2 users. out of ideas and need help

ohdono,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Do this for me take the ptfe shell off (black plastic part).

Use the Hercules without the outer middle shell. Just put the top stainless cap on and the mouth piece and try it then.

If still a no go take the coil out and see if the rod turns red when your hitting the button.

Let me know how it goes.

exit

i read quite a few pages back from the latest page and can relate most with these 2 users. out of ideas and need help

IF YOUR SR-71 HAS EVER HIT OR HEATED UP IN THE PAST, THE PROBLEM IS YOU NOT THE HERC!

i don't have trouble with my herc not working right. i do not doubt something i did wrong caused the bottom insulators pin to stop threading. to be honest now that i think of it, i think i pushed the little white cap out of its place, i will confirm this when i finish my iso wash.

honestly if your herc isn't working like it should (the ceramic rod doesn't heat up and turn red near instantly) you have problems. if it does you're just not using it right.

i don't even know what atomsk's problem is but i wouldn't doubt its the same thing.
i'm also willing to bet both you don't own multimeters. the bottom insulator is very picky about being put together right. you NEED to measure the resistance when the herc is fully assembled or else you'll zap tops if it's shorting and you won't get it to do anything if the resistance is too high.

i'm also willing to bet that both of you got pissed off from not getting any hits and heated the fuck out of it, didn't cool it down by inhaling a few times after you're done using it. if there's a lot of reclaim in the bottom parts of the herc you're melting it out of the chamber. also, don't forget the herc isn't an omi cart... you actually want to leave it laying on its side as opposed to standing up, that'll let all the concentrate settle inside the coil as opposed to leaking down into the other parts

there are times i've spent several minutes carefully adjusting the pin in the bottom insulator to get the right resistance but once i get it, it'll keep working until i take it off and the pin gets moved again.

basically if your herc has worked at all, ever, and is capable of heating the ceramic rod until it turns red hot, all i can say is it's user error. the herc has more quirks than you'd think but literally every single time my herc didn't work properly it was my fault for putting it together wrong or not checking my resistance level before screwing it onto the battery.

you can get a cheap digital multimeter that reads resistance for under $15 (probably under $10 even), just buy it and check your resistance before you put the persei on your battery, if i do this it guaranteed works EVERY TIME. seriously, if it's ever worked at all in the past, it's your fault if it doesn't work well.

i have given this advice to people before and nobody has continued to have a problem with their sr71 after i told them this. in my opinion the manual should have a troubleshooting section that says nothing but "buy a fucking multimeter and you'll never have a problem again"

i just hate to see people complain at THC SCI and blame the unit. in my opinion the bottom insulator has ALWAYS been the only part of the whole contraption to give me any grief. like THC SCI said, take the outer shell and bottom insulator off and screw it right onto your top. if it doesn't start to turn red instantly then yes it's either put together wrong or actually broken somehow. if it does, buy a multimeter and learn from what you were doing wrong.

@Atomsk i forgot to tag you, this is for you too buddy.

Last edited:

ohdono

high more than not
IF YOUR SR-71 HAS EVER HIT OR HEATED UP IN THE PAST, THE PROBLEM IS YOU NOT THE HERC!

i just hate to see people complain at THC SCI and blame the unit.

I hope I didn't come off as a whiny or complaining, just simply trying to be thorough with my story by my vigorous yet careful efforts and wanted feedback for help. not trying to blame the product or maker and apologize if it seemed that way. not trying to step on peoples toes as soon as I get here. please be patient with me, when i get home ill post pictures of exact details of how i have things running and hopefully i just need a multimeter to test resistance.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@exit---one of, if not the best, persei/herc instructions I have read to date. Spot on. Mimics my experiences to a T. Except that I did buy a meter, just have no idea what to do with it or how to "hook it up" to my persei or hercules.lol

{tips hat}

@ohodno--I don't think he meant you were whiny, nor personally think you came off that way. Hang in there someone will get you straightened away here.

Last edited:

vape4health

@exit---one of, if not the best, persei/herc instructions I have read to date. Spot on. Mimics my experiences to a T. Except that I did buy a meter, just have no idea what to do with it or how to "hook it up" to my persei or hercules.lol

{tips hat}
Click it on the horse shoe then touch center screw (of the herc) with one lead and threads (of the herc) with the other. Thats ruff instruction but you get it. Gotta check your leads for their resistance too and account for it.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Click it on the horse shoe then touch center screw with one lead and threads with the other. Thats ruff instruction but you get it. Gotta check your leads for their resistance too and account for it.
Ok almost there. What settings should I set my dial to? DCV/ACV/DCA??? confusing part.
This is the exact meter I have. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Volt-...ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1383530588&sr=1-3
Not too handy with :science:, please forgive.

What is checking leads for resistence?

Silver420Surfer,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
So my herc works awesome, but now I am worried it's not at its peak. Once I buy multimeter to check, what should the readings be? The battery voltages, or am I completely missing something?

exit

I hope I didn't come off as a whiny or complaining, just simply trying to be thorough with my story by my vigorous yet careful efforts and wanted feedback for help. not trying to blame the product or maker and apologize if it seemed that way. not trying to step on peoples toes as soon as I get here. please be patient with me, when i get home ill post pictures of exact details of how i have things running and hopefully i just need a multimeter to test resistance.

It's all good.

I didn't want to come off as abrasive even though I know I kind of did. I just wanted to make sure everyone who read my post understood what the most important point is. And i know how frustrating putting it together can be. Before I knew all its quirks and tricks i could spend almost 2 hours trying to get the damn thing to work. Now I get it almost every time first try.

{tips hat}

Check the instructions that came with your multimeter on how to read resistance with it. Mine reads between ~1.6 and ~2.2 when it works right.

I have used multimeters that only have two plugs for you to plug the leads into, in that case it doesn't matter goes which in which. My multimeter has 3 plugs on it and you have to change around what's plugged into what for different settings. I use it as a ohm meter 99% of the time so it just stays like it is. Just set it to read resistance, put one lead on the thread and one lead on the center part of the pin.

I took a pic of how to properly read resistance for you guys. Since my SR71 is still in its iso bath I am doing it with a 5ohm Omi cartridge. My multimeter is an iEquus/Innova brand 3320. I paid like $14 on Amazon Prime for it.

A4H0o4Ul.jpg

The pics kinda blurry so here's a drawing. I hope it isn't too unclear. I just scribbled where the leads should go.

ECNvAV9.png

I only have the herc with the white 7.4v ceramic rod from the original release so I can't speak to what the resistance will say. If that's the rod you have then it should read 1.7 ohms give or take .4 or .5 ohms.

OF

Ok almost there. What settings should I set my dial to? DCV/ACV/DCA??? confusing part.
This is the exact meter I have. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Volt-...ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1383530588&sr=1-3
Not too handy with :science:, please forgive.

200 Ohm range (straight down), switched ON, leads in the bottom two jacks.

Touching the leads together should send the meter to something like .6 Ohms? This is the resistance of the leads, jacks, internal stuff and so on. To be as accurate as possible you should subtract this number from whatever resistance you read on the cart.

Good luck.

OF

exit

Read up on some basic electronics guys :rofl:

Sorry for the blurry pictres. Its really hard to hold the leads in place and use a phone camera at the same time. Checking the leads means touching them together and making sure it says what it should say. All multimeters are different but most will say 0.0 if everything is OK.

Just read the manual for your DMM and see what it says, i can only speak to the behavior of the one i own.

AXa1IXgl.jpg

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
This is why I loathe science, no matterhow hard I try, I just can't grasp it. UGH!

When I touch my leads together, with the dial set to the horshoe icon(i assume that horeshoe = resistance)
I go from 535, 340, 483, 1, 008,075,129,039, and just keeps changing. "Buy the cheap meter they said, they all work the same..."

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: kindbeats
Top Bottom