Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
So finally got another response from support. Im just going to copy and paste the entire thing in here.

Hi there. I have the double top that came with my persei. Its never been used, except when i was troubleshooting my hercules...anyway My single top has an issue i believe you are currently working on fixing (pressing the button doesnt always activate the light and work). I was wondering if it would be possible to mail back my unused double top and exchange it for an extra single top?
Solution
[21 Oct 2013 13:01:36]

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately we are not able to do that. Sorry.
[21 Oct 2013 21:07:00]

Can I purchase just a new single top then? My current single top doesnt always activate when i press the button, and I was told they were working on a fix but it would probably take a few months...
[23 Oct 2013 16:56:02]

Im sorry, we can not sell tops seperately, however we can have that top looked at
[24 Oct 2013 05:43:17]

I already spoke with Gary (THC Scientific on skype) about the issue, which he said they know about the issue already and were working on a solution and it would probably take a few months. Which is why i was trying to get a spare... So if i mail back my Top, and it cant be fixed yet will I get a top back that does not have my Issue or will I end up getting my top back unfixed and/or still have to wait months for the fix?
[28 Oct 2013 12:55:24]

You can call and place your order with Naomi.

I feel like a broken record. Ive said the same thing every time, and they have not acknowledged it at all. The only times ive gotten a "Sorry" is right before they say no or we cant do that. Not a sorry for the inconvenience or anything like that. Im assuming from the last message that it means I can call Naomi and finally buy a new top but who knows? And knowing my luck ill spend money ont he new top and it will have the same issue...
@THC SCIENTIFIC has been great and more than helpful everytime I contact him, and I really appreciate everything. But the w9tech support has been a joke.
I don’t understand your point I guess. The only difference from the last post you did about this is the call Naomi and place an order. So I read that you can buy a spare. So what is the issue?

G acknowledges the issue, but they don’t have a solution yet. Its still being resolved.

So I guess I don’t understand what you want as a solution outside D9 determining the problem and resolving it or allowing you to buy a spare?

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don’t understand your point I guess. The only difference from the last post you did about this is the call Naomi and place an order. So I read that you can buy a spare. So what is the issue?

G acknowledges the issue, but they don’t have a solution yet. Its still being resolved.

So I guess I don’t understand what you want as a solution outside D9 determining the problem and resolving it or allowing you to buy a spare?
My point is that I told them I have an issue, i repeated myself over and over, and they have provided me with no explanations, no apologies except for "Sorry no" to my questions, and then my last message to them i mentioned Talking with G and asked questions about what would happen. they still did not acknowledge anything i wrote to them. Who knows if That last message meant i can order a new top or not. Thats what i infered but it could also be thems saying i can call and place an order for a new persei or something like that. Or even a response to someone elses question... Who knows.

And if that last message meant i can call to get a new top, im sure the only reason is because i mentioned @THC SCIENTIFIC (gary). Who told me over a week ago he had a top i could buy from him after i mentioned to him the first two responses.

If i wasnt on here, and in contact with G, i would be shit out of luck right now...

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Bleed4Me

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Guys can i ask a question? what happens if we sell you the spare tops and the same issue still exists?
I understand that issue. What makes me upset is that i contacted support and did not get one helpful response or apology. Not like an apology would do anything, but If im support, i would at least say something like "were sorry you are experiencing an issue, at this time we are working on a solution and any of the tops are succeptible to this issue so we do not feel comfortable selling individual tops". I told them my issue three times, and they did not aknowledge it in any of their responses. Except where they said I could mail it back. Then when i asked about the process of mailing it back, they didnt respond to anything I asked and just said I can call and place an order.

My main point i guess is, support could have handled this a lot better, and I wouldnt be upset. Even if that means waiting for a new top to be made

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral

I was trying to make it show this clever meme
http://memegenerator.net/instance/42542236

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
My point is that I told them I have an issue, i repeated myself over and over, and they have provided me with no explanations, no apologies except for "Sorry no" to my questions, and then my last message to them i mentioned Talking with G and asked questions about what would happen. they still did not acknowledge anything i wrote to them. Who knows if That last message meant i can order a new top or not. Thats what i infered but it could also be thems saying i can call and place an order for a new persei or something like that. Or even a response to someone elses question... Who knows.

And if that last message meant i can call to get a new top, im sure the only reason is because i mentioned @THC SCIENTIFIC (gary). Who told me over a week ago he had a top i could buy from him after i mentioned to him the first two responses.

If i wasnt on here, and in contact with G, i would be shit out of luck right now...
OK. so the solution for you is for them to say “sorry” I guess (at this point, you can’t roll back time).

Keep in mind the tech people operate by rules. They may not be allowed to modify them. If the decision was made by management not to sell single top by themselves they don’t have that option. However, G being a a founder does and he did help.

Also, sure if you were not here it may be different, but you are here and have been helped. You could have been in the wrong spot on the wrong time on the FWY and be dead too, but you are not :)

Personally, I hate it when someone says “sorry” when I have an issue. This is business. I just want the facts so I understand. Saying sorry doesn’t really solve my problem. Everyone is different.

I would call them and find out. Sitting here second guessing what they meant isn’t productive really. I understand you are frustrated and upset so its emotional to you. I am not defending them either. I am just trying to give you another point of view that isn’t emotionally wrapped in it.

Life is good. Peace and I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I understand that issue. What makes me upset is that i contacted support and did not get one helpful response or apology. Not like an apology would do anything, but If im support, i would at least say something like "were sorry you are experiencing an issue, at this time we are working on a solution and any of the tops are succeptible to this issue so we do not feel comfortable selling individual tops". I told them my issue three times, and they did not aknowledge it in any of their responses. Except where they said I could mail it back. Then when i asked about the process of mailing it back, they didnt respond to anything I asked and just said I can call and place an order.

My main point i guess is, support could have handled this a lot better, and I wouldnt be upset. Even if that means waiting for a new top to be made

Mud im trying to help you here and i did help you here, contacting support for the same reason just makes no sense. I am technical support. I understand that they could have worded it differently but i have been dealing with you directly why would you contact support i just dont understand.

Am i not helping? Am i not support? dude i spent time on this issue and im trying to resolve it, constantly contacting support for the same issue i am aware of and trying to resolve is not going to help.

They are not equipped or trained for tier 2 support. Thats my division. It just seems the time i put into this with you is all tossed aside and was all waste of time.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK. so the solution for you is for them to say “sorry” I guess (at this point, you can’t roll back time).

Personally, I hate it when someone says “sorry” when I have an issue. This is business. I just want the facts so I understand. Saying sorry doesn’t really solve my problem. Everyone is different.

I would call them and find out. Sitting here second guessing what they meant isn’t productive really. I understand you are frustrated and upset so its emotional to you. I am not defending them either. I am just trying to give you another point of view that isn’t emotionally wrapped in it.

Life is good. Peace and I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

I already spoke with G about this last week. He offered me a single top, but said there was he couldnt guarantee it would not have the same issue. Then he thought he found the problem and were troubleshooting over the weekend so I was going to just get a warranty replacement.

I dont think my solution would be for them to say sorry, im just saying it would have been nice if they actually acknowledged that i had an issue, or responded to some of the things i asked....

And yes, I am on here, but others are not, or just visit here but arent members. So I just figured id share my experience because not everyone is lucky enough pm or skype with G

Mud im trying to help you here and i did help you here, contacting support for the same reason just makes no sense. I am technical support. I understand that they could have worded it differently but i have been dealing with you directly why would you contact support i just dont understand.

Am i not helping? Am i not support? dude i spent time on this issue and im trying to resolve it, constantly contacting support for the same issue i am aware of and trying to resolve is not going to help.

They are not equipped or trained for tier 2 support. Thats my division. It just seems the time i put into this with you is all tossed aside and was all waste of time.

I contacted support after you told me to when I originally asked about exchanging my single top. They said no which i was fine with, so then i asked about buying a single top, they again said no but I can send it in, so I asked a few questions about the process and they didnt answer anything and just gave me a number to place an order.

I was not constantly contacting support while also talking to you, I sent them two messages after my inital one. And the only reason I sent those other messages was because You told me "I have no control of the business side anymore Brotha they decide."

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I would hate to lose G around here like some other threads lost their manufacturer/creator support.
In fact I would be really bummed out. Who else will respond to my annoying PMs in the wee hours of the night?
:2c:

I think you are being too hard on the phone support. It's like grilling the tier one internet tech support over you're bad ping times on WOW servers. These people are not trained for that depth of knowledge. I didn't realize earlier that G already was in communication with you giving you what you wanted, a new top. Your "apology" from W9Tech should more than have been covered and then some, from all the lengths G has gone to help isolate and resolve this problem. Even though there may not be a clear solution yet.(Irisv2?) :rant:

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So finally got another response from support. Im just going to copy and paste the entire thing in here.

Hi there. I have the double top that came with my persei. Its never been used, except when i was troubleshooting my hercules...anyway My single top has an issue i believe you are currently working on fixing (pressing the button doesnt always activate the light and work). I was wondering if it would be possible to mail back my unused double top and exchange it for an extra single top?
Solution
[21 Oct 2013 13:01:36]

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately we are not able to do that. Sorry.
[21 Oct 2013 21:07:00]

Can I purchase just a new single top then? My current single top doesnt always activate when i press the button, and I was told they were working on a fix but it would probably take a few months...
[23 Oct 2013 16:56:02]

Im sorry, we can not sell tops seperately, however we can have that top looked at
[24 Oct 2013 05:43:17]

I already spoke with Gary (THC Scientific on skype) about the issue, which he said they know about the issue already and were working on a solution and it would probably take a few months. Which is why i was trying to get a spare... So if i mail back my Top, and it cant be fixed yet will I get a top back that does not have my Issue or will I end up getting my top back unfixed and/or still have to wait months for the fix?
[28 Oct 2013 12:55:24]

You can call and place your order with Naomi.

Mud please look at your Ticket.

First we get your ticket submitted you acknowledge we know the issue and we are working on the issue. Our response is to your only question about the single tops being exchanged.

Second section you still acknowledge that we are working on the fix and ask a question about buying a top, and the customer service rep tells you we cant, and he apologizes for it.

Third you still acknowledge that you are speaking with me this makes him go into the default of now I have ok'd it and asks you to call Naomi and place the order for the top.

I just dont see the issue. We see you know that we know about the issue why he didnt acknowledge the fact that you know we know is something im thinking because they are not aware of what R&D is doing. But since he knows that you know and he knows about the issue and you seem to know whats going on there is no reason to acknowledge it perhaps that is what he was thinking.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Bart

Thc
I have been away for awhile and am just getting caught up. I have an original Hercules. Is it too late to get it upgraded. And how.
Thanks Bart.

Bart,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
not sure if this helps or not but I was able to send in my bad double top for a hammer top for a 30 dollar fee, it was no prob, I didn't ask about switching my double top for a newer single one, so I'm not sure if that is an option.
Is that the top that clicks on and stays on till you click it back off?

Are you using it with a Hercules? If so, can you give a little comparison?
Thanks

Silver420Surfer,

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Guys can i ask a question? what happens if we sell you the spare tops and the same issue still exists?

Spare tops? So are there good tops and bad tops? Old and new? This is where I am confused. If you are guys are selling Persei's as we speak, that is the latest in tech you guys have to offer. And that is what it is. But at least make the latest of what you have available for us. Because it's the latest of what you have or nothing for some of us, apparently. And as much as some prob scoffed at Silver 420Surfer's comment about having new unit sent to replace his chrome one, I feel the same. I bought the Herc to use it and what is the point of having the old stock or old version, especially on a cart that can deplete two sets of 18350's in a 12 hour period? That wasn't mentioned to me when I got mine in chrome. She said you guys were stopping it because people were complaining about the fingerprints it picked up? And I am sure it's a pain in the ass to answer these questions, take the calls, and all the that. But like Mud said, if you aren't on this site every day or so, you are assed out. Don't mean to sound like an ass, not at all, but if you are selling the Persei still, it makes sense to let the Persei users, ESPECIALLY the ones who have bought the Herc (which you guys can verify through your system) have access to tops. Mine started misfiring before it came apart and I went through the EXACT same lines as Mud and it's like, "OK. Use this top until it blows or bite the bullet and have them "look" at it." I thought it was going to be, "OK I see you got a Persei and a Herc and we are working on a top that handles that combo better as we speak. I'm gonna send you a top and a self addressed envelope to send the old one back so we can see how it failed." lol. And it's not like I'm fuming but I AM just looking a paperweight at the moment. One that has apparently been yanked off the production line for a number of reasons. :'/

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Bleed4Me
they can not guarantee that any tops they sell right now will not have the misfiring problem. So he was stating that they can sell the tops but they still might have the issue and people will probably get even angrier because not only could they potentially already have an issue, but they would be spending more money and still have the same issue.

Its a crappy situation.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Soflo

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Spare tops? So are there good tops and bad tops? Old and new? This is where I am confused. If you are guys are selling Persei's as we speak, that is the latest in tech you guys have to offer. And that is what it is. But at least make the latest of what you have available for us. Because it's the latest of what you have or nothing for some of us, apparently. And as much as some prob scoffed at Silver 420Surfer's comment about having new unit sent to replace his chrome one, I feel the same. I bought the Herc to use it and what is the point of having the old stock or old version, especially on a cart that can deplete two sets of 18350's in a 12 hour period? That wasn't mentioned to me when I got mine in chrome. She said you guys were stopping it because people were complaining about the fingerprints it picked up? And I am sure it's a pain in the ass to answer these questions, take the calls, and all the that. But like Mud said, if you aren't on this site every day or so, you are assed out. Don't mean to sound like an ass, not at all, but if you are selling the Persei still, it makes sense to let the Persei users, ESPECIALLY the ones who have bought the Herc (which you guys can verify through your system) have access to tops. Mine started misfiring before it came apart and I went through the EXACT same lines as Mud and it's like, "OK. Use this top until it blows or bite the bullet and have them "look" at it." I thought it was going to be, "OK I see you got a Persei and a Herc and we are working on a top that handles that combo better as we speak. I'm gonna send you a top and a self addressed envelope to send the old one back so we can see how it failed." lol. And it's not like I'm fuming but I AM just looking a paperweight at the moment. One that has apparently been yanked off the production line for a number of reasons. :'/

Persei's that have the word Persei under the button is the latest in upgrades, except the hammer tops.

The Chrome Persei's are being phased out because its not the most popular unit. This does not mean we have stopped supporting it. In fact we are still going to support it or if we stop we will exchange it out to another color of the users choice only if we stop supporting it.

The Hercules can deplete the cells in 20-25 minutes this has been stated on these forums and it is not something we hide. In fact if you use the Black rod it will work for about 40-60 minutes if not more.

Yes we asked for some tops back to see where the failure took place, this is common practice in a industry where a company is trying to make something better. Unfortunately we dont see many companies doing this out in the open.

Once again it was yanked off because of its popularity issues not because of its design.

I hope everyone understands all our units are in ongoing evolution state. No other manufacturer offers what we offer. If any other unit fails you have to bite the bullet and buy a new one if its out of warranty. In fact if you drop it and it cracks or breaks your out of luck. Not like ours where you can send it in to get it refurbished to brand new state.

Yes we have some issues and we are working on it. hope this explains the difference between us and everyone else.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I have to address that the hammer tops have the latest tech inside but they dont have the Persei under the button.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah :cheers:.

Sorry to everyone for venting, should have cooled down before posting. Thanks @THC SCIENTIFIC for clearing everything up, sorry for causing problems

No apology is needed brother just keeping us manufacturers on our toes is a good thing. Its what keeps me going. We are so fluid that with every production run we upgrade so the persei and omicron lines are ever evolving, and thanks to our kick ass warranty all our customers evolve with us.

Top Bottom