Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

bellas

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get unit back from W9? I sent my Persei back under warranty as it blew the top (old type, manually hold button) using the bender. Tech guys said they would probably upgrade my unit to a newer model. I haven't heard from them yet. Sent package signature required as instructed. Just wondering what the usual wait time is.

bellas,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Anyone know how long it usually takes to get unit back from W9? I sent my Persei back under warranty as it blew the top (old type, manually hold button) using the bender. Tech guys said they would probably upgrade my unit to a newer model. I haven't heard from them yet. Sent package signature required as instructed. Just wondering what the usual wait time is.

Please track your package and if we have received it then please wait as we usually do warranty repairs on tuesdays and thursdays.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

Bleed4Me

I LURK
@Bleed4Me
they can not guarantee that any tops they sell right now will not have the misfiring problem. So he was stating that they can sell the tops but they still might have the issue and people will probably get even angrier because not only could they potentially already have an issue, but they would be spending more money and still have the same issue.

Its a crappy situation.

Yeah, I know. I was trying to make that point but it came out all jumbled. I was trying to say that W9 is still selling Persei's. Mine is the second version with the small print too. But I don't feel like it's above and beyond customer service if they are still selling the tops that are the same ones that I can't purchase a spare for. Is is more acceptable for W9 to sell a whole new unit to a person who hasn't encountered the top problems than to sell a top to someone who has already purchased one? Seems like they took the money and ran. THC SCIENTIFIC asked what would happen if they shipped out tops that did the same thing? Well for one mine would be working until it died and I had to get another one. But they are still selling new units with the same tops. That makes no sense to me. And doesn't seem like it's OUT OF THIS WORLD customer service. Because all of the people who get a Persei with the latest hardware are going to potentially end up here having the same converstation.

Either way I have to wait, so it is what it is...

Bleed4Me,

OF

But I don't feel like it's above and beyond customer service if they are still selling the tops that are the same ones that I can't purchase a spare for. Is is more acceptable for W9 to sell a whole new unit to a person who hasn't encountered the top problems than to sell a top to someone who has already purchased one? Seems like they took the money and ran.

Perhaps you missed the point that it's not a Customer Service decision, but a Marketing one? Even before Hercules this was the policy to prevent guys from 'cheating' the packaging by buying the alternate tubes (in the SS kit in the case of Persei, similar schemes in Omicron) and a loose top and having a working Persei (or Omicron) at a bargain rate. Those factors remain.

Like the Obamacare thing we're watching being played out, the product is a pool cost wise. If you remove the profit from the packaging and promotions by lowering their sales but at the same time cater to those who are having troubles you must ultimately raise the costs for someone else.

In the end, I believe such decisions are theirs to make. As consumers we should either accept them and buy or look elsewhere for something more to out liking. Such is the nature of the Free Market?

FWIW I also think the 'they took the money and ran' thing is way out of line. I can see them doing nothing wrong, they more than fulfill their commitments to customers and their continued presence here (through G) clearly shows they've gone nowhere and abandoned nobody. I see no justification for inferring they've done anything dishonest or unethical.

OF

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Perhaps you missed the point that it's not a Customer Service decision, but a Marketing one? Even before Hercules this was the policy to prevent guys from 'cheating' the packaging by buying the alternate tubes (in the SS kit in the case of Persei, similar schemes in Omicron) and a loose top and having a working Persei (or Omicron) at a bargain rate. Those factors remain.

Like the Obamacare thing we're watching being played out, the product is a pool cost wise. If you remove the profit from the packaging and promotions by lowering their sales but at the same time cater to those who are having troubles you must ultimately raise the costs for someone else.

In the end, I believe such decisions are theirs to make. As consumers we should either accept them and buy or look elsewhere for something more to out liking. Such is the nature of the Free Market?

FWIW I also think the 'they took the money and ran' thing is way out of line. I can see them doing nothing wrong, they more than fulfill their commitments to customers and their continued presence here (through G) clearly shows they've gone nowhere and abandoned nobody. I see no justification for inferring they've done anything dishonest or unethical.

OF

Point taken. And I'm not trying to be way out of line. I have defended THC SCIENTIFIC and his presence as well. And I may have missed the pint. I'm sure that views differ from consumer to marketer to any other eyes who see things unfold as well. In the end, you are 100% right. It is their call to make. The only thing they have to deal with is the PIA consumers, like me. lol. My take the money and run comment was no more than pointing out that I can't buy a spare top, but a new customer can buy a whole kit with the same top I need for full price. That's all. And it's a good place to stop for me. No one acted out of line to me and I was not trying to be "way out of line" as you say. If I wasn't foaming at the mouth to have mine up and running again, I wouldn't even be here.

Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way....

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Here is the way I look at it. We are so in love with the item we can't handle being without it. So when this happens we get frustrated.

That means it provides tremendous value to us so delta9 is doing good things for us, but nothing is perfect. However, they are standing by it and G is spending valuable time helping us, traveling, hours on Skype etc. They are really working hard on this for us and themselves. That means alot and so the deserve some slack. Continual improvement...

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools

OF

And here is where I differ in opinion with you OF... G knows the current tops will fail when used with the herc. But continues to market them. This is dishonest an unethical. A real business man realizes a mistake and owns up to it, then makes the changes nessescary to keep the customers happy. Why continue to sell a product that is known to be defective. Is that honesty? :/

Soflo,
Reactions: Bleed4Me

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
And here is where I differ in opinion with you OF... G knows the current tops will fail when used with the herc. But continues to market them. This is dishonest an unethical. A real business man realizes a mistake and owns up to it, then makes the changes nessescary to keep the customers happy. Why continue to sell a product that is known to be defective. Is that honesty? :/

Here is where you are wrong we are still trying to trace down the cause of the issue. Not everyone is having this issue.

It could be the stress of the Hercules or it could be a bad batch of parts. Until more info is gathered we are currently chasing phantoms, but I think we are headed in the right direction.

All I know is more data points are needed to make sure the issue is resolved
If there is one.

As for your comment I don't think its fair to say that.

Last edited:

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Here is the way I look at it. We are so in love with the item we can't handle being without it. So when this happens we get frustrated.

That means it provides tremendous value to us so delta9 is doing good things for us, but nothing is perfect. However, they are standing by it and G is spending valuable time helping us, traveling, hours on Skype etc. They are really working hard on this for us and themselves. That means alot and so the deserve some slack. Continual improvement...

Point taken. It does mean a lot. And I don't mean to minimize any of that.

Double up on the point of being frustrated when we don't have something we like so much! I wasn't trying to display a dislike in the unit itself. Shit, my Herc has eaten everything I have thrown at it. And I have never cut the coils and my little screen is gone and one of the little white grommet things is gone and it STILL rolls hard. lol. I like the size of it compared to the other mods I have. It makes them all feel kind of "tender" compared to my Persei. It's a beast. So i don't have ONE bad thing to say about the whole deal, hardware or otherwise, other than the down time when the top goes. Prob a good time to let the noodle catch some fresh air. Ha.

TommydCat

Imbibers of the plant can be passionate.. We get it ;)

The tops are not defective at all - they just doesn't have a protection system designed for direct shorts - which is something very unlikely to happen with the original attachments available.

The tops have been redesigned to handle a short condition - which seem to occur with some frequency with the new SR71 Hercules. Until this new version of the Hercules came out, there was little reason to "update" the tops.

My take is actually there's zero problem with the tops -- I'd press for the new Hercules to not short out (probably requiring a substantial design change, which may or may not happen and certainly not in a short time-frame). I submit that this is the problematic product, not the Persei (including top) itself.

G has owned up to it, big time. There was quite a while that he was swapping out the tops, no questions asked. The rest seem to fall under warranty now. So, if your top blows, send it in and get an updated one in return. Yes, it may take a week. Typically companies don't cross-ship items of this (relatively inexpensive) nature, if they do, it is honestly a huge hassle for both their shipping and returns department since it "breaks the chain".

Yeah, it's ok to feel left out a bit, but in honesty, their other choice would be "screw it, no one gets the new smoke-machine Hercules cuz we'll deal with top returns" -- this was a real call made by the company. They made the best call they could given the circumstances, and in knowing this, I would feel comfortable in that situation. For those walking in after the cards have been dealt, yeah, it might feel a bit raw while the "older" top stock is still out there. Especially if it's a discontinued color that won't be "updated".

StickyShisha2

when i shorted out my head it was because the rod in my brand new and freshly boiled sr71 slid up causing the end contact on the rod to bridge both. I think thats called a dead short.
the nice guy at the store replaced my whole persei kit as it was only a few hours old but it is still the old style heads.
now the sr71 works great on it. I have vaped about 5 grams with it in the past few weeks.

whats the deal with the heads?
Can i use the herc on the double head if this one stops working?
did i read somewhere that i needed to send in both heads together for warranty?

StickyShisha2,

PhotoRider

when i shorted out my head it was because the rod in my brand new and freshly boiled sr71 slid up causing the end contact on the rod to bridge both. I think thats called a dead short.
the nice guy at the store replaced my whole persei kit as it was only a few hours old but it is still the old style heads.
now the sr71 works great on it. I have vaped about 5 grams with it in the past few weeks.

whats the deal with the heads?
Can i use the herc on the double head if this one stops working?
did i read somewhere that i needed to send in both heads together for warranty?
@TommydCat explained the issue perfectly.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Casting aspersions on someone's character falsely, Is that honesty?:mad:

{These aren't the threads you're looking for.}
{You can go about your business.}
{Move along... move along.}

PhotoRider

I probably wouldn’t use the Hammer top on the sr-71 white rod. No need really, but if you want do it works.

Its simply a toggle on and toggle switch, not momentary like the standard one

That is the only diff (except G chiming in on the version of it right now since it doesn’t have the PERSEI label on it - earlier post).

It does have a time out like the normal one, but the time is much longer - like 2 mins or so since it made to use the Hammer in the Bender.

If you want to push on, then push off yes its a winner. For those who are having issues with the button its easy to control it cause to don’t have to hold it. That said, don’t forget to turn it off or you will burn your material...

Overall if Delta9 will allow you to upgrade the dual to a hammer top I say "do it" (Arnold, the guy thinking he can be president). Its much more useful for me that the dual. Seldom do I need to Omicron carts, in fact never. One is plenty for me...

Casting aspersions on someone's character falsely, Is that honesty?:mad:

{These aren't the threads you're looking for.}
{You can go about your business.}
{Move along... move along.}
Lets leave sleeping dogs lye , everyone is allowed an opinion and allowed to voice it. The American way.
Lets not stir the pot, vape it instead :)

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I

Lets leave sleeping dogs lye , everyone is allowed an opinion and allowed to voice it. The American way.
Lets not stir the pot, vape it instead :)

Famous Star Wars dialogue man(slightly re-worked), I can appreciate that you don't like it though. Nobody's trying to stir the pot, I can assure you.

This is international board, screw the American way. Viva la U.N.!!

PhotoRider

Famous Star Wars dialogue man(slightly re-worked), I can appreciate that you don't like it though. Nobody's trying to stir the pot, I can assure you.

This is international board, screw the American way. Viva la U.N.!!
yes, I almost edited it to state the “human” way to avoid rubbing someone to taking offense :)
However, for what its worth, the USA const. was the first document to state that was a human right. No other nation at that time had that in writing so it is fair to state that. Sorry I offended you, but you stating screw the American way is worst than what you are yelling at others for.

I made no comment against any nation and I don’t think what you said is following the rules here. That is as bad as being a racist!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
yes, I almost edited it to state the “human” way to avoid rubbing someone to taking offense :)
However, for what its worth, the USA const. was the first document to state that was a human right. No other nation at that time had that in writing so it is fair to state that. Sorry I offended you, but you stating screw the American way is worst than what you are yelling at others for.

I made no comment against any nation and I don’t think what you said is following the rules here. That is as bad as being a racist!

By saying the American way, how does that make other non-American's feel? Is there country's way wrong?
That is my point, not screw "a human right". Jesus, you've got this WAY out of wack at this point. Saying screw the American way is against the rules here, and i 'm as bad as a racist? WTF dude!

Whatever I meant when i typed "screw the American way", isn't that my right to have an opinion and voice it? Isn't that the American way? Or is it only the American way when you agree with me?

Done with this in this thread, you're making something out of this that was never intended.

Silver420Surfer,

thevaf

G - you need to release another revolutionary product pronto! We are running out of things to discuss and it looks like the thread is devolving. (i make joke)

Anyone receive a KISS cart yet?

PhotoRider

now, now. You stated screw the american way and said Viva U.N. That is a clear put down in my mind.
The USA was the first to give the bill of rights. Typically, when someone is the first, its labeled that way. Soda for years was called coke until they banned it due to trade-mark. That is all I meant. I did not say anything against no one else. My comment was simply acknowledging that fact and giving credit. That’s a positive thing and how can a positive be twisted into a negative about someone else. So if I meet someone who does a good thing and state that then I am putting everyone else down? Wow. So if I state Mexico did a good thing, was the first doing it, and labeling the action as Mexican is putting every nation down. Well I don’t agree with that judgement.

Careful, because someone can label the SR-71 as the vape of choice and it becomes a term to describe good vapes. Does that mean the CERA is being put down, or any other vape?

However, saying “screw” anything is not positive. There was no happy face or any thing to take that another way.

Now if you want to take that as a negative, your choice and your decision. And yes you can state what you want as long as the rules are followed because this is a privative site with rules. Likewise I can state my opinion on it. Constructively and respectivitly.

That is all I ask in return.

As I said sorry if I offended you, no need to leave the thread. Everything is cool to me. I just stated my opinion also so no need to jump off a cliff my friend. Life is good - lets keep it that way. No grudges.

Sorry FC membership, don’t mean to spin this thread incorrectly. Back to Delta9 subjects...
G - you need to release another revolutionary product pronto! We are running out of things to discuss and it looks like the thread is devolving. (i make joke)

Anyone receive a KISS cart yet?

But they have - the CORE. Awesome product. Works great. Only issue few people have one yet. Wait for it because you are going to be in love baby. No batteries required. I think that should be across the box in "LARGE PRINT” :)

Last edited:

OF

You stated screw the american way and said Viva U.N. That is a clear put down in my mind.

I guess I took it kinda bad as well, but then I saw the 'bravo UN' part and realized I shouldn't take it too seriously. Any outfit that can cover for Arafat isn't that big on Rights as I see it.

OTOH, SR71 is one bang up vape I hear........

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i believe he (SS) was saying that by asking him to 'not stir the pot' you were infringing on his 1st amendment right. i believe the statements where meant to be taken as sarcasm.

so i believe SS was does agree with all your statements about america.

just looking for clarity.

no 'sides' taken.

i think he was trying to say that he agrees w/ not pokin' the bear and that the star wars references are his way of ending the post by saying (don't listen to me, nothing to see here)

it's easy to misinterpret sarcasm (which is why i personally try not to use it on the internet unless im being CLEAR about it.) and easy to take things hard and fast and to react. i'd say your both pushing each other a little needlessly.

can't we all just get along ;)

can't wait to try out the core :rockon:

PhotoRider

Bob, I am sure you are right and SS I didn’t mean to offend. Sorry man.
I was worried about starting another against the other guy and ended up creating one :(
Live, learn and I hope SS see it the same cause he is an asset here.

The Core comes your way tomorrow Bob. I have a brand new one for ya in my dirty (big) hands. You can have it until yours comes :)

OK SR-71 users out there who don’t have a ohm metter. Here is one:

http://vaporalley.3dcartstores.com/oHm-Checker_p_770.html

It has a 510 socket. Simply add a 510-610 adapter, assemble the SR-71 and check it out. Quick way of verifying the assmebly. Course the Iris 2 does that too someday :) as some VMODS

Top Bottom