Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Starting to have issues with the power button on my Persei. It seems to be acting the same way as Mynameismuds. Hit the power button randomly(could be sitting for awhile/overnite or could happen in the middle of a session) and nothing. Press it again, power. Obviously intermittent at the moment. I don't recall G alerting me to this problem when I was speaking with him prior to purchasing my Persei. If it is a known issue as Mynameismud states, hopefully this will be resolved quickly and efficiently. I second the concept of the warrantee giving W9Tech a valid debit/credit card to expedite the warranty process, then if they don't receive the bad part in certain time you get charged for it.

I am starting to depend on my Persei/Herc combo, just my luck to start having some hiccups. No sense contacting W9Tech as it appears no solution is available yet. Hope the problem doesn't eventually result in a dead top. Quit worrying about those KISS carts, W9! Was gonna jump on the Core, but since I need a Persei top for that, I'm gonna hold off for now.

At the risk of sounding rude, yes I have checked this screw, that screw, rod in place, batteries, etc.,etc. Everything is working perfect other than the intermittent power button.

Its already been posted, but it looks like the cause of the problem has been found!

Testing the persei out with the double top for the next few days, so well see...

SuckingTHC

Regarding the power button does anybody have any difficulty with the size of their finger not fitting , that pressing the button positively all the time more of a physical issue

G maybe for some of us we
Need some type of button
Overlaying translucent piece
To see and press button with
Larger sized fingers ! ( or a redesigned replacement button for larger fingers )

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Regarding the power button does anybody have any difficulty with the size of their finger not fitting , that pressing the button positively all the time more of a physical issue

G maybe for some of us we
Need some type of button
Overlaying translucent piece
To see and press button with
Larger sized fingers ! ( or a redesigned replacement button for larger fingers )

A few people use a small type of magnet that is placed over the button. Some people just use a foam disk with glue in the back.

We are looking into this but the unit is made to be harder to turn on because it's lack of on off feature.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SuckingTHC

G,

I understand the reason for the
button being the way it is
But for somebody with logic it's a physical hardship and also it's hard to be able to even see the light being on at all ! Or trying to observe light causes physically unable to press the button down deep enough with larger fingers . Are you stating
This is designed prioritizing to protect unit For people with smaller fingers ?

SuckingTHC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
G,

I understand the reason for the
button being the way it is
But for somebody with logic it's a physical hardship and also it's hard to be able to even see the light being on at all ! Or trying to observe light causes physically unable to press the button down deep enough with larger fingers . Are you stating
This is designed prioritizing to protect unit For people with smaller fingers ?

No what I'm saying is the button is mounted flush so that it does not get pressed when stored.

We looked at it from a technical point of view. We didnt look at finger sizes when designing it.

SuckingTHC

Yes I know that has a stated that if the button could somehow be scaled up a little bit larger then everybody's fingers would fit it and protect it and everyone could see it
And use it without difficulty right ?

SuckingTHC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yes I know that has a stated that if the button could somehow be scaled up a little bit larger then everybody's fingers would fit it and protect it and everyone could see it
And use it without difficulty right ?

Yes but at the same time the unit will need to be enlarged as well. Given the body size of the Persei it is the only button available to fit.

SuckingTHC

Maybe pressing the button
Fully with larger fingers could be better accomplished if there was secondary illumination when unit is on

SuckingTHC,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I love my persei I and don't hate the button that it's built with.
I understand it needs to be that way:
1) so the unit is made to be harder to turn on because it's lack of on off feature
2) a bigger button would lead to a larger body design(Might not be a huge difference in size, but would still require a redesign of the body, which is probably not economically viable for the minority who are having issues with large fingers and the power button.)

@SuckingTHC --Unfortunately what doesn't work well for you, works perfect for me. I don't think there will ever be a design where everyone likes every part of it. But G did give you a list of alternatives that some people are using. My buddy like his Thermovape cera, I need an extra hand to be able to hold it and push the power button. But I don't expect TET to redesign the Cera, because I struggle with it's size and placement of the power button.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Maybe pressing the button
Fully with larger fingers could be better accomplished if there was secondary illumination when unit is on
I have large hands/fingers and don't have an issue with the button. I normally don't really care about the light in normal use. I only use it for troubleshooting i.e. if I press the button and no vape. For me the feedback is the button feel

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
+1 for not really noticing the light except for troubleshooting. Although it looks nice when illuminated in a dark room.

For whatever reason i keep going from dabs to persei/herc and back. It's like a left hook then a right hook, then left, then right...I think I'm gonna go down for the count soon lol

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My tv ultra doesn't even have a light :D

@SuckingTHC how do you carry your pen around? In your pants pocket? Inner jacket pocket? Only used at home?

Like everyone else said, most of these pens have a 5-click-on 5-click-off feature so accidental presses don't happen. This one doesn't have that feature, so it's always on and waiting for the button press.

You could just place one of those small rubber nubs with sticky tape on the end so that the button protrudes more and is easier for you to press. But since it protrudes, it's easier to be accidentally pressed in your pocket.

Last edited:

OF

I just like to know from every body how many people love their Persei I but hate the button that's it's built with
Because of their finger size ?

We've been through this a number of times actually. Several people have had trouble getting used to the switch (me included), but we've 'come to grips' with it for the most part? IMO there's a solid reason for the offending skirt (let's give due credit, it's the skirt not the button that's your real problem?). If you made the button bigger it would need a still taller skirt to offer the same protection, not I think a good solution? Even if there was more room on the tube to mount it. I don't think it's realistic to expect such a change.

It's not a straight out size issue, almost all the other similar vapes I own have smaller buttons, Cera is the only exception that comes to mind. Lacking the skirts, they are easier to push and view (although I too seldom look for it and sometimes wish it didn't show light).

FWIW my solution was to shift my thumb off center so I was pressing with 'the corner' not center of the tip, you might try that.

Good luck with it and welcome to Persei. IMO it's a solid, mature product with a well earned following.

OF

Top Bottom