Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'll take a 2XL with an illuminating bottom cap
While you're at it !

Thanks for feedback guys
Many have noted the size of the button when it first came out.
For me it's just the right size.

I guess it was the GSC this morning that caused my TEE-SHIRT parable.

Late morning NORTHERN LIGHTS whole flowers no grind.
Tomorrow time to do some SHATTER laps with the HERCULES!

OK BENDER tonight it's your turn.

MaxVapor

The Professor
I was put off with the button skirt when I first switched from Omicron to Persei. But over time I have not found it to be too big a deal. I just keep my fingernails a little longer and that makes it easy to press. Worth the security of it not turning on in my pocket.

I do like the button on the Iris though and I hope v2 keeps that style.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I was put off with the button skirt when I first switched from Omicron to Persei. But over time I have not found it to be too big a deal. I just keep my fingernails a little longer and that makes it easy to press. Worth the security of it not turning on in my pocket.

I do like the button on the Iris though and I hope v2 keeps that style.
The OMICRON is really a great vape.
For me it was the PERSEI first then the OMICRON.
I guess I'm just use to them now?

Regardless of the button detail these medical devices are very powerful!

Last edited:

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I have never had an issue with button size, placement, or color. Only need to look at it when it's not functioning correctly, which is rare.

Bleed4Me

I LURK
The OMICRON is really a great vape.
For me it was the PERSEI first then the OMICRON.
I guess I'm just use to them now?

Regardless of the button detail these medical devices are very powerful!

Hey ataxian,
Green with envy looking at your collection. Question. I have the silver Persei. Your silver one is taller than the rest. Is that ring between the top and tube just missing?

I finally tapped out and sent my top in today. It was cutting in and out after I soldered the wires back to the top and it was too small to work with. Today is Monday so it should give us a decent reference for down time for the poor souls who don't have a drawer full of Persei's. Ha! So I;m using my Vape2O. Forgot how hard drams hit.

I bought some "pads" for the bottom of the legs on the table at Home Depot a while back. I swore I saw little tiny ones that would go on the bottom of cup coasters or maybe desk lamps or something similar. I wander if they are small enough to fit on the button of the Persei to give it more clearance above the skirt. I know at the head shops here they sell little self adhesive pads for the bottom of glass tubes. I would think a guy could probably cut out a small spot of that and see if that helps. Just ideas...

Hedonismbot

I bought some "pads" for the bottom of the legs on the table at Home Depot a while back. I swore I saw little tiny ones that would go on the bottom of cup coasters or maybe desk lamps or something similar. I wander if they are small enough to fit on the button of the Persei to give it more clearance above the skirt. I know at the head shops here they sell little self adhesive pads for the bottom of glass tubes. I would think a guy could probably cut out a small spot of that and see if that helps. Just ideas...

These look like they would fit the Persei button:
http://www.westfloridacomponents.com/HW132/Clear Round Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet Very Small Bumpers 6.4mm X 2.1mm.html
Would they stay on?

Hedo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey ataxian,
Green with envy looking at your collection. Question. I have the silver Persei. Your silver one is taller than the rest. Is that ring between the top and tube just missing?
The Chrome one is the very first PERSEI I got.
My single head is fried!
So I have a BLACK and RED one in service.
I think the CHROME PERSEI is discontinued?
I love RED and BLACK so at least W9 TECH has cool offerings!
The CHROME does seem longer?
For me these things make me happy so I don't care about details like I should I guess.
CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL not the heating element however I like new gadgets.

This member who is HYPER smart ("OF") got me on the right track after I derailed when I was first learning.
Now I just grab whatever I'm in the mood for.
Somedays I do WAX, HASH, OIL, POLLEN PELLETS or just TOP SHELF FLOWERS.
I have some FULL MELT however I like SHATTER way more!
I must have ADD?
PURE GOLD one day, FLOWERS the next, tomorrow SHATTER - FULL MELT in a couple of days.

I got the OMICROM just recently and I love it.
Perfect for boating!

Do you have a BENDER?
I have been trying to finish a bowl in one session without success?
Tomorrow or maybe tonight I will try again.

A full bowl of a top shelf strain will make it enjoyable just trying!

For boating it's such a friend!

Last edited:

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Those are exactly the ones. I thought I had some somewhere. I couldn't comment on the adhesive because I didn't use it on my table. Just the weight of the table So the finish on the button might not hold, you're prob right. I don't really mind the button. I do have an eGo twist and I have to say that the eGo style button is a little more user friendly for the "no looker" medication shot. lol.

The Chrome one is the very first PERSEI I got.
My single head is fried!
So I have a BLACK and RED one in service.
I think the CHROME PERSEI is discontinued?
I love RED and BLACK so at least W9 TECH has cool offerings!
The CHROME does seem longer?
For me these things make me happy so I don't care about details like I should I guess.
CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL not the heating element however I like new gadgets.

This member who is HYPER smart ("OF") got me on the right track after I derailed when I was first learning.
Now I just grab whatever I'm in the mood for.
I must have ADD?
PURE GOLD one day, FLOWERS the next, tomorrow SHATTER - FULL MELT in a couple of days.

I got the OMICROM just recently and I love it.
Perfect for boating!

Do you have a BENDER?
I have been trying to finish a bowl in one session without succeeding?
Tomorrow or maybe tonight I will try again.

A full bowl of a top shelf strain will make it enjoyable just trying!

For boating it's such a friend!

I talked to the dolly at W9 and she said the were stopping the chrome. I got mine for a good price and my issue was more of a user failure type deal. I had the first series of Persei with the big lettering but it just didn't like the altitude her in CO I guess. Ha. I don't have a Bender. I use my silver surfer when I do dry, but I'm going to grab what there is to grab for my Persei. Do you use the white rod in all your rigs, or do you have a black rod too? Do you go for your Bender more than your Herc?

BTW, love your boat. I am not sure I would come back to land if I had that boat and that drawer full of tools!!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ataxians chrome persei on the left is taller because it uses the original adjustable tubes. The middle two are the SS tubes hes rocking. These tubes have the adjustable springs taken out, and the ring. This is why it is a little bit shorter.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxians chrome persei on the left is taller because it uses the original adjustable tubes. The middle two are the SS tubes hes rocking. These tubes have the adjustable springs taken out, and the ring. This is why it is a little bit shorter.

I don't know if it's shiny like a fishing lure or what but I have been grabbing the CHROME a lot.
I know better to use my BLACK or RED TOP rather than the CHROME one with the SR71.
User error!
100% my fault for not paying attention.

I's all BLACK DAY tomorrow!
BTW, love your boat. I am not sure I would come back to land if I had that boat and that drawer full of tools!!

My wife thinks my drawers are excessive!

Bleed4Me

I LURK
I don't know if it's shiny like a fishing lure or what but I have been grabbing the CHROME a lot.
I know better to use my BLACK or RED TOP rather than the CHROME one with the SR71.
User error!
100% my fault for not paying attention.

I's all BLACK DAY tomorrow!

What's in that Bender? Is that a Herc? So are the chrome tops the dogs of the bunch? I would rather have a black or red top if the chrome ones are sketchy. The only thing mine ever did was not fire once in a while. Actually now that I think about it, it was doing it more and more as time went on.

I just sent in my top today. The femail man said it would be to you on Wed. If the black tops are better for the Herc, can you just send a black one? I don't use it for anything other than my Herc and would be stoked to be able to walk the proven path, if there is one. Thanks THC SCIENTIFIC.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have never had an issue with button size, placement, or color. Only need to look at it when it's not functioning correctly, which is rare.

Unless you have the misfire problem like me. I was constantly taking cold hits of nothing because i press the button and nothing happens. So recently I always look to make sure the light goes on.

Also seems like the nipple was not the problem...ugh thought i was finally going to get a new top

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I talked to the dolly at W9 and she said the were stopping the chrome. I got mine for a good price and my issue was more of a user failure type deal. I had the first series of Persei with the big lettering but it just didn't like the altitude her in CO I guess. Ha. I don't have a Bender. I use my silver surfer when I do dry, but I'm going to grab what there is to grab for my Persei. Do you use the white rod in all your rigs, or do you have a black rod too? Do you go for your Bender more than your Herc?

So my 3-4 week old Chrome Persei has been discontinued...WTH!? :huh:

Is there a black replacement Persei top and bottom being sent out to me as I type?:shrug:

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Unless you have the misfire problem like me. I was constantly taking cold hits of nothing because i press the button and nothing happens. So recently I always look to make sure the light goes on.

Also seems like the nipple was not the problem...ugh thought i was finally going to get a new top

What color is your top? Because mine did that too and I don't think it was because I wasn't pressing it in enough. I took my top apart and the solder contacts on the bottom of the connector (the threaded part that the Herc screws in) were really, really close. On top of that, the bottom of that connector is super close to that jacket of the button. I don't know if that will make sense if you haven't seen the guts of the tops. The only thing I could think of that would make my top not fire more and more is that that heat generated from my Herc somehow affected the top. And hear me out because I know that the Herc doesn't have the direct contact with the solder points to make them melt, but it sure melted the glue that held that little insert in mine. And there is also silicon glue on the bottom of the connector that might give way under alot of heat too. It's a tough call, but unless they were doing something completely different in the chrome tops than all the others, color wouldn't mean anything right?

So my 3-4 week old Chrome Persei has been discontinued...WTH!? :huh:

Is there a black replacement Persei top and bottom being sent out to me as I type?:shrug:

Silver420Surfer, I'm in the same boat as you. This will be my second bout with these Persei's if things go awry...

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
What color is your top? Because mine did that too and I don't think it was because I wasn't pressing it in enough. I took my top apart and the solder contacts on the bottom of the connector (the threaded part that the Herc screws in) were really, really close. On top of that, the bottom of that connector is super close to that jacket of the button. I don't know if that will make sense if you haven't seen the guts of the tops. The only thing I could think of that would make my top not fire more and more is that that heat generated from my Herc somehow affected the top. And hear me out because I know that the Herc doesn't have the direct contact with the solder points to make them melt, but it sure melted the glue that held that little insert in mine. And there is also silicon glue on the bottom of the connector that might give way under alot of heat too. It's a tough call, but unless they were doing something completely different in the chrome tops than all the others, color wouldn't mean anything right?

Silver420Surfer, I'm in the same boat as you. This will be my second bout with these Persei's if things go awry...
I have a black top, but @Silver420Surfer has the chrome one and is experiencing the same issue so i dont think it was the colors...

@THC SCIENTIFIC thought he got to the bottom of the problem (the nipple on the underside) which seemed to make sense because my double tops bottom nipple was bigger and not angled like my single top. But i tried the double top yesterday and today with the herc and its misfired twice already...

I have not seen the "guts" of the top, but I think you may be on to something with the issue arising from the top of the top and not the bottom nipple...over the weekend i carried around just my persei and no cartridges or hercules. Would press the button over and over and could not get it to misfire. But as soon as i screw the herc on it will misfire. It doesnt happen as soon as i screw the herc on but it happens eventually and continues to be an issue, but I dont know if thats just a coincidence though

vape4health

Im WAY late to this party.
I see w9 says the sr71 will do LL, water extract and oil, is this all in the same configuration no adjustments needed. Any reason filtered and purged abv shatter will not work well in the sr71. If the oil works in a coil atty pen should it work ok for this?

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
The chrome units are the same as all the other. They discontinued because people think they are not as discrete i.e. flashy
They are probably the older design since they are clearing stock. The have the same warranty and if it fails you get a replacement to the new top. It just will not be chrome. My chrome failed and it was replace with a black one. My black one also failed and was replaced the same. The Sr-71 is hard on the old tops since they were not designed for it.

I think its a great deal. Cheaper and same warranty, hardware...

The Sr-71 will vape any herb, hash, wax, shatter, keif etc. Coils are used for full melts and non full melts you just throw in. In fact you can do both with a cut coil...

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@vape4health
I remember a post(forgot the poster's name) who said he used reclaim in the Hercules, if that worked, don't see why your shatter wouldn't.

@PhotoRider
True on great deal and same warranty! I thought there was a link between the discontinue/cheaper chrome persei/power button issue.

I'm done complaining.

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys we are looking into this just to many factors but the next tops out will be designed for the Hercules i promise.

As for the chrome units they have been discontinued a while ago we are just running through our stocks. We wont discontinue the support for them.

Bleed4Me

I LURK
The chrome units are the same as all the other. They discontinued because people think they are not as discrete i.e. flashy
They are probably the older design since they are clearing stock. The have the same warranty and if it fails you get a replacement to the new top. It just will not be chrome. My chrome failed and it was replace with a black one. My black one also failed and was replaced the same. The Sr-71 is hard on the old tops since they were not designed for it.

I think its a great deal. Cheaper and same warranty, hardware...

I agree with you. But at some point it would be nice to not have to worry AT ALL about the tops. I know it's easy to bitch and moan. I'm just cornfused as to why I can't buy a spare top and have to send in my old one that has been discontinued with a different one which is going to be replaced by a top that is made specifically what I have already purchased. So to an extent it's a good deal, but eh. If it goes down in any way, your down for what I would say is at least a week. To defend W9, there isn't a vape of it's caliber that you can just walk in an get replacement parts for. And yes, I have back ups, and back ups for back ups. But I don't spend good $ on stuff making sure I have something to back it up when it fails.

Like I said, it's easy to kick a guy when he's down. Props to THC SCIENTIFIC for even logging in here. LOL. It's never ending for him I'm sure. But it comes with the job I guess.

I just think it is fair to have all of this stuff out on the table for the people who are looking into this unit. It can become a 275 dollar paperweight for a week at a time leaving alot of people disappointed. Maybe a good piece of advice would be to buy 2 at a time so you have parts! Gotta love that plug right THC SCIENTIFIC??? That ought to be worth a free spare top!!!!

I agree with you. But at some point it would be nice to not have to worry AT ALL about the tops. I know it's easy to bitch and moan. I'm just cornfused as to why I can't buy a spare top and have to send in my old one that has been discontinued with a different one which is going to be replaced by a top that is made specifically what I have already purchased. So to an extent it's a good deal, but eh. If it goes down in any way, your down for what I would say is at least a week. To defend W9, there isn't a vape of it's caliber that you can just walk in an get replacement parts for. And yes, I have back ups, and back ups for back ups. But I don't spend good $ on stuff making sure I have something to back it up when it fails.

Like I said, it's easy to kick a guy when he's down. Props to THC SCIENTIFIC for even logging in here. LOL. It's never ending for him I'm sure. But it comes with the job I guess.

I just think it is fair to have all of this stuff out on the table for the people who are looking into this unit. It can become a 275 dollar paperweight for a week at a time leaving alot of people disappointed. Maybe a good piece of advice would be to buy 2 at a time so you have parts! Gotta love that plug right THC SCIENTIFIC??? That ought to be worth a free spare top!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@vape4health --- Better late than never!!! Welcome.

@Bleed4Me --- Definite props to the man known as G!! Also, remember, for the good and the bad, he is not the only person involved in W9Tech, nor the only voice on matters, from what i've read here. But I don't know any other company I deal with that I have this kind of access to "The guy who created it all", by that I mean, him posting here to help the thread and help thru skype/PM's.
So, yeah, dabs to HE that probably has helped us all, at one point or another in our Persei journey :bowdown::clap:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Understand. Here is the deal. They are depleting their current stock of parts. No matter what the color, they are depleting the old design tops. Since the chrome is discontinued They have not upgraded that version. However, depending on stock on hand, any color you buy may be an old top...

OK why don’t they just don’t throw all the tops away... Well, G said previously that since they are 100% OK for everything except the SR-71 so they felt no reason to do that. Many people using the other stuff will be more than happy... This basically buys them time on the investment to spread it out. The cost to the customer is the replacement time of course. Throwing all tops away immediately maybe a huge direct hit cost wise.

Now the SR-71 users have a problem since if or when their top blows, you lose a week or so. Yes that is true. I have never worried about it since I have dual tops also. Also, since I like this thing I must have a backup. Things break for many reasons and if it does I need another to continue so I bought another.

This is a startup issue that will go away soon and yes its a bitch to wait a week. G has been very up front about this in this thread. Their decision was to replace any that broke, but that will not be everyone probably.

So, in summary, for me I will handle the week, because its my effort to help them back. This is a startup and they have been very customer friendly at least to me. A week to get a new top is something I’ll deal with, but I do understand why a person who walked into the SR-71/Persei deal w/o knowing this up front being rubbed the wrong way.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So finally got another response from support. Im just going to copy and paste the entire thing in here.

Hi there. I have the double top that came with my persei. Its never been used, except when i was troubleshooting my hercules...anyway My single top has an issue i believe you are currently working on fixing (pressing the button doesnt always activate the light and work). I was wondering if it would be possible to mail back my unused double top and exchange it for an extra single top?
Solution
[21 Oct 2013 13:01:36]

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately we are not able to do that. Sorry.
[21 Oct 2013 21:07:00]

Can I purchase just a new single top then? My current single top doesnt always activate when i press the button, and I was told they were working on a fix but it would probably take a few months...
[23 Oct 2013 16:56:02]

Im sorry, we can not sell tops seperately, however we can have that top looked at
[24 Oct 2013 05:43:17]

I already spoke with Gary (THC Scientific on skype) about the issue, which he said they know about the issue already and were working on a solution and it would probably take a few months. Which is why i was trying to get a spare... So if i mail back my Top, and it cant be fixed yet will I get a top back that does not have my Issue or will I end up getting my top back unfixed and/or still have to wait months for the fix?
[28 Oct 2013 12:55:24]

You can call and place your order with Naomi.

I feel like a broken record. Ive said the same thing every time, and they have not acknowledged it at all. The only times ive gotten a "Sorry" is right before they say no or we cant do that. Not a sorry for the inconvenience or anything like that. Im assuming from the last message that it means I can call Naomi and finally buy a new top but who knows? And knowing my luck ill spend money ont he new top and it will have the same issue...
@THC SCIENTIFIC has been great and more than helpful everytime I contact him, and I really appreciate everything. But the w9tech support has been a joke.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Soflo
Top Bottom