Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Rastclutt

Hey guys, about a month ago I got the Persei with the 3.7v hercules. (Which if I understand correctly is now obsolete and has been replaced with the sr-71 : kicking myself that I didn't realize it was not going to be supported and that there is no opportunity to upgrade to the new sr-71)

Been having issues with getting it to produce any consistent amount of vapor. Most I get is a mild wisp - only after holding the power button down for 20/30seconds and then taking a slow 5-10sec inhale. I also pack down the ground up buds and stir between puffs .

What am I doing wrong? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Rastclutt,

exit

I keep killing my 18350s in like half an hour. Need to get an SS tube to run two 18650s to keep up!

I am trying the boil and then iso soak thing for reclaim but I must not be getting it or something. I seem to be losing a lot during the boil unless I am supposed to get reclaim from the boil? Not really sure what to do so I haven't cleaned the herc in a while but it does need it

MaxVapor

The Professor
Hey guys, about a month ago I got the Persei with the 3.7v hercules. (Which if I understand correctly is now obsolete and has been replaced with the sr-71 : kicking myself that I didn't realize it was not going to be supported and that there is no opportunity to upgrade to the new sr-71)

Been having issues with getting it to produce any consistent amount of vapor. Most I get is a mild wisp - only after holding the power button down for 20/30seconds and then taking a slow 5-10sec inhale. I also pack down the ground up buds and stir between puffs .

What am I doing wrong? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Actually from what I have seen the original 3.7 Herc can work quite well for flower. Search for posts with keyword herc from member Vitolo and he has videos posted where he shows his technique generating some decent clouds.

friedbanana8

I keep killing my 18350s in like half an hour. Need to get an SS tube to run two 18650s to keep up!

I am trying the boil and then iso soak thing for reclaim but I must not be getting it or something. I seem to be losing a lot during the boil unless I am supposed to get reclaim from the boil? Not really sure what to do so I haven't cleaned the herc in a while but it does need it

what you want to do is leave it soaking in iso until its clean of oil, because thc is soluble in iso alchohol. then you evap the iso alcohol from the mixture of iso and reclaim and scrape up the leftover reclaim. I usually run the mixture through coffee filter paper to get rid of any impurities. As for the unit, you want to boil it in water afterwards to ensure thats its clean, but not for reclaim purposes.

friedbanana8,
Reactions: exit

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Summer organizing.

jb

Got an SR-71 in the mail today. Definitely a nice upgrade from the original herc. I laughed a little with all the pieces to keep track of, but I think it's a worthwhile trade off for clean-ability. I put it together correctly twice and incorrectly once. I think the problem was that the bottom threaded assembly wasn't making contact with the ceramic rod retaining sleeve (to use the instruction terminology). Didn't burn anything out though. I am psyched with how it handles bubble hash. Efficient, no mess (so far), and f'ing hard hitting. My tolerance is low but I don't think I did much of a dent in the batteries before I was done. Nice work.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Cleaned and reassembled my Herc and its reading 1.5 ohms on my Iris...am I good to GO!

yes make sure you unscrew the PTFE retaining nut thats inside the mouth piece out to hold the washer down. This is critical. Plus make sure the washer is centered.

This picture shows you what part im talking about, but please make sure you screw it out little bit more then this so that when you screw on your mouth piece it screws in and creates a seal.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums...4-A3E8-BA925D7EF94C-2681-0000016AB8A7EE77.jpg

Bugsy

VapeHare
Bugsy,

druminfected

I got a response from the support ticket to exchange my tops but it says I need a copy of your purchase RECEIPT. how can I provide that when I bought it online on delta9vapes and the receipt proof is there and unable to retrieve for me? I know the order number at least of when i bought the persei if that helps.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I got a response from the support ticket to exchange my tops but it says I need a copy of your purchase RECEIPT. how can I provide that when I bought it online on delta9vapes and the receipt proof is there and unable to retrieve for me? I know the order number at least of when i bought the persei if that helps.

Well what you need to do is express that on the ticket. Respond that and they will then contact the web guy who will retrieve that order from d9 site

druminfected

will do much appreciated G!

UPDATE: okies i made a comment in my closed support ticket as well as printed the info out on paper and put it in with the bad tops ready to ship out. Hopefully I can get the tops back before I get the sr-71 top replacement, which I'm sure will happen, w9tech ships super fast!

Last edited:

Vortex

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts,
I got my Persei about 6 weeks ago, and have been a student of this forum/thread since. I haven't really posted much yet, as I wanted to kinda of get up to speed mastering the carts, and the best methods for pulsing, loading optimally etc. I have learned a lot from all of the great members of the forum and hope to be able to contribute as well. However, I do need some help now please? ;-)
I got my SR-71 yesterday, and with a great deal of effort, I was able to resist rushing to try it out immediately, until I was confident I had assembled correctly etc.
So, I did get it running for the 5-20 second pulses, it did get hot and then would let it cool(as recommended), and I could see that the heating rod was getting red hot. Although when I loaded it with .5 of wax, now it won't heat AT ALL, and I dont know why.
I have fully charged batteries, I have tried both my single and double tops, and both blue lights come on, I can hold for 60-90 seconds and now no heat at all for some reason. I have adjusted the Rod depth multiple times in case it was to deep or shallow, as well as checked all other connections are correct and tight. I dont have a power meter unfortunatly, but I will post a few pics here and ask if the "wise sages" here will chime in and see if they can help me identify the issue?
Thanks,

Vortex

cid:40FC1946-1208-492D-9AE7-F8DA5F3B2969
cid:3D4CB40E-FABD-4997-BAB5-F57EEF37D400
cid:95F8C09B-CB8D-4888-9385-58E78F4DE41C
cid:1911F0A7-83DF-48B8-874D-733D3662201F
cid:0AEEF93E-4F6B-4E55-B9E5-6D4EF8818F24
cid:AC3E4DFF-9D02-47E7-ABF7-CDB2AE589B1B
cid:D7C214FA-BED8-4A75-BA04-C5C4994FAB61
cid:FFF89B50-3650-46C9-A509-04F13E898418

Pics not posting, do all images in forum need to be a URL link vs just JPeg attachments?

Last edited:
Vortex,
Reactions: ataxian

Vortex

are you sure it's screwed down hard enough :hmm:
Hello Bob,

Thank you for your prompt reply! Yes, it is as tight/far as it will go.

I really wish I could post these pics, so you could get a better assessment. Any ideas? Can I PM them?

Last edited:
Vortex,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Before you do anything to the Herc.

Please put on a cartridge, see if that heats up, then use the Herc on another top see if that helps. Try not to screw it in all the way.

Does the blue light come on at all?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Vortex

Before you do anything to the Herc.

Please put on a cartridge, see if that heats up, then use the Herc on another top see if that helps. Try not to screw it in all the way.

Does the blue light come on at all?

Hi G,

Thanks for replying. Carts work fine on both the single/double heads, I'm using one now, and I get blue light with the Herc, and the cart with both tops. Hope that helps?

Lke I said I have clear pics to show it well, I just can't figure how to post here.

Vortex,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hi G,

Thanks for replying. Carts work fine on both the single/double heads, I'm using one now, and I get blue light with the Herc, and the cart with both tops. Hope that helps?

Lke I said I have clear pics to show it well, I just can't figure how to post here.
@Vortex you have to post photos in like photobucket or the hassle free one is http://imgur.com/ and upload image, then post the image code or the BBC code of the image which it shall display on the right hand side after uploading image.

Hope this helps!

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Vortex

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hi G,

I know what the issue is most likely. Do this take the PTFE shell off and the PTFE bottom adapter.

Put the Herc on the top and press the button for a few seconds if it gets warm then the culprit is the bottom adapter.

If its the bottom adapter then there is a slotted pin on both sides you would need a 2 screw drivers, unscrew maybe a 1/4 turn and try again with the adapter, If still no heat up then try another 1/4 turn.

Top Bottom