Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Vortex

I know what the issue is most likely. Do this take the PTFE shell off and the PTFE bottom adapter.

Put the Herc on the top and press the button for a few seconds if it gets warm then the culprit is the bottom adapter.

If its the bottom adapter then there is a slotted pin on both sides you would need a 2 screw drivers, unscrew maybe a 1/4 turn and try again with the adapter, If still no heat up then try another 1/4 turn.

Yes Sir, that's it. The Hurc alone gets hot. I will try your suggestion and report back in a minute.

Whoa!!!!!! I held it for a few seconds to long and it got so hot it dropped the battery spring. Yikes!!

I let it cool, fixed the spring and reassembled, and it is firing Red Hot. Nice!!!! Thanks guys for chiming in, and special thanks to G for nailing it site unseen. Well done. I will report back tomorrow, hopefully after I am getting some pretty clouds, fingers crossed. ;-)

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Yes Sir, that's it. The Hurc alone gets hot. I will try your suggestion and report back in a minute.

Whoa!!!!!! I held it for a few seconds to long and it got so hot it dropped the battery spring. Yikes!!

I let it cool, fixed the spring and reassembled, and it is firing Red Hot. Nice!!!! Thanks guys for chiming in, and special thanks to G for nailing it site unseen. Well done. I will report back tomorrow, hopefully after I am getting some pretty clouds, fingers crossed. ;-)

If it dropped the spring then you over tightened the Herc to the Persei. A common issue with the tops. A replacement top fixes this issue.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts,
I got my Persei about 6 weeks ago, and have been a student of this forum/thread since. I haven't really posted much yet, as I wanted to kinda of get up to speed mastering the carts, and the best methods for pulsing, loading optimally etc. I have learned a lot from all of the great members of the forum and hope to be able to contribute as well. However, I do need some help now please? ;-)
I got my SR-71 yesterday, and with a great deal of effort, I was able to resist rushing to try it out immediately, until I was confident I had assembled correctly etc.
So, I did get it running for the 5-20 second pulses, it did get hot and then would let it cool(as recommended), and I could see that the heating rod was getting red hot. Although when I loaded it with .5 of wax, now it won't heat AT ALL, and I dont know why.
I have fully charged batteries, I have tried both my single and double tops, and both blue lights come on, I can hold for 60-90 seconds and now no heat at all for some reason. I have adjusted the Rod depth multiple times in case it was to deep or shallow, as well as checked all other connections are correct and tight. I dont have a power meter unfortunatly, but I will post a few pics here and ask if the "wise sages" here will chime in and see if they can help me identify the issue?
Thanks,

Vortex

cid:40FC1946-1208-492D-9AE7-F8DA5F3B2969
cid:3D4CB40E-FABD-4997-BAB5-F57EEF37D400
cid:95F8C09B-CB8D-4888-9385-58E78F4DE41C
cid:1911F0A7-83DF-48B8-874D-733D3662201F
cid:0AEEF93E-4F6B-4E55-B9E5-6D4EF8818F24
cid:AC3E4DFF-9D02-47E7-ABF7-CDB2AE589B1B
cid:D7C214FA-BED8-4A75-BA04-C5C4994FAB61
cid:FFF89B50-3650-46C9-A509-04F13E898418

Pics not posting, do all images in forum need to be a URL link vs just JPeg attachments?
pic's need web address - no storage on forum...

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok couple more questions... i see there is a 3.7V sr71, 7.4V sr71 and both. And that the 7.4 V version is only available for loose leaf and oil. Does that mean the 3.7 V sr71 only does leaf or only does oil? And if you choose the both 3.7V and 7.4 V option does that just means its compatable with different batteries or does that mean you have to switch something on the herc to change the voltage?

Also is the herc sr71 compatable with the omicron or omicron v2 or both?

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Katysax

druminfected

Ok couple more questions... i see there is a 3.7V sr71, 7.4V sr71 and both. And that the 7.4 V version is only available for loose leaf and oil. Does that mean the 3.7 V sr71 only does leaf or only does oil? And if you choose the both 3.7V and 7.4 V option does that just means its compatable with different batteries or does that mean you have to switch something on the herc to change the voltage?

The 3.7v will just do oil because it don't get hot enough for lose leaf if I'm not mistaken. If you got both rods its compatible with different voltage batteries. The herc with 3.7v rod should work on omicron as well.

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Ok so here it is.

7.4v does oils and herbs if you modify the oil coil. This will do Convection better then conduction.
You need to cut the oil coil so as the top of the oil coil is just about 1mm above the ceramic rod, then you put a screen over that and drop your herb. You can drop oil in first then screen then herb. This will activate what we are calling Fractional vaporization. The herbs does help in catching impurities while it vapes away what is needed.

3.7v Herb Heaters (blue ones) will do herbs by conduction, you need to remove the oil coil for this to work and have the herb surround the heating rod.

Now this is what you want to know.

The prototype 3.7v Rods that will be red can do oils at 3.7v but will burn your herbs if your not careful, it could do convection if used with the core and you increase to 5v.

Angel

If it dropped the spring then you over tightened the Herc to the Persei. A common issue with the tops. A replacement top fixes this issue.
G just got my new top and herc works with double but when I put it on the single head herc doesn't work ??? Frustrated !!!!!

Angel,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
G just got my new top and herc works with double but when I put it on the single head herc doesn't work ??? Frustrated !!!!!

Take this part and here is what you need to do.

Take two flat head small screw drivers, hold one side and unscrew the other side like quarter turn. This should make it work.

Angel

Take two flat head small screw drivers, hold one side and unscrew the other side like quarter turn. This should make it work.

Loosen it ?

http://imgur.com/FyaeqNy Is there any reason why it wouldn't work just a test before I put it all together like this

http://imgur.com/FyaeqNy AG is there any reason why I want to work like this just a test before I put it all back together to see if it gets hot

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Three posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
http://imgur.com/FyaeqNy AG is there any reason why I want to work like this just a test before I put it all back together to see if it gets hot

Because the bottom shell is required to make the circuit.

You can test the herc without the bottom adapter, just screw it on without any of the PTFE pieces and it should work.

Angel

thanks worked like a charm!!
Lol shit never mind just burnt my double top !! Damit

Got one big hit then when I went for another hit it blown the top

So everything works now?
Got one big hit and when I went to hit it again the top blew

Got the new top today tried it out doesn't work any reason why the top would be blinking?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Four posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Angel,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Got the new top today tried it out doesn't work any reason why the top would be blinking?

It's a short somewhere. Could be your over tightening it. Only way is for you to come in so we can show you and test all the parts and get it going for you.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Pics not posting, do all images in forum need to be a URL link vs just JPeg attachments?
I had the same problem.

Now I use PHOTO BUCKET.

Each time the SR71 gave me some trouble was when I had the rod set without a gap.
1/16" gap around.
Mine works great.

I'm sorry if this is not the issue!

When you get your posting sorted out I think someone can get you up and running.

Have a bed with clean sheets ready once the SR71 is engaged!

Last edited:

Vortex

Because the bottom shell is required to make the circuit.

You can test the herc without the bottom adapter, just screw it on without any of the PTFE pieces and it should work.

Hey G,

Just a heads up; last night when I fired my Herc directly on the Persei, with out the bottom/base installed, is when the unit got so hot it collapsed my spring in just a matter of seconds and blew my Single head top.

Then I let it cool, restretched spring, different batteries, made the 1/4 turn adjustments you suggested and got the fully assembled Herc to work/get hot.

I got tired last night, so I went to sleep before I could get any Vapor, so I will be working on that today and will keep you posted.

I just wanted to let you know that testing the Hurc directly without the base, could cause very quick overheaating of the Batteries, causing spring to collapse, and seems to have a high probability of blowing tops.

Last edited:

friedbanana8

Ok so here it is.

7.4v does oils and herbs if you modify the oil coil. This will do Convection better then conduction.
You need to cut the oil coil so as the top of the oil coil is just about 1mm above the ceramic rod, then you put a screen over that and drop your herb. You can drop oil in first then screen then herb. This will activate what we are calling Fractional vaporization. The herbs does help in catching impurities while it vapes away what is needed.

3.7v Herb Heaters (blue ones) will do herbs by conduction, you need to remove the oil coil for this to work and have the herb surround the heating rod.

The prototype 3.7v Rods that will be red can do oils at 3.7v but will burn your herbs if your not careful, it could do convection if used with the core and you increase to 5v.

So are these 3.7v rods(red) going up for purchase or are you sending these out to people who have an sr-71 already or to people who bought a 3.7rod(blue) so that they can do oils as well?

asimplebeast

I've had some 18350 batteries crap out on me while on a trip to Seattle hempfest. I'm in desperate need of replacement. Anyone know any Seattle headshops that stock the Persei? Could I get replacements at a hardware store? Learn from my mistake, when traveling away from home with any battery powered vaporizer, bring an extra set of batteries as back-up.

WaxOnWaxOff

I've had some 18350 batteries crap out on me while on a trip to Seattle hempfest. I'm in desperate need of replacement. Anyone know any Seattle headshops that stock the Persei? Could I get replacements at a hardware store? Learn from my mistake, when traveling away from home with any battery powered vaporizer, bring an extra set of batteries as back-up.

Lots of e-cigarette mods use 18350's as well. Stores that carry the ProVari are likely to have the AW IMRs. I'd check here:

http://vaporsearchusa.com/index01.html

asimplebeast

Lots of e-cigarette mods use 18350's as well. Stores that carry the ProVari are likely to have the AW IMRs. I'd check here:

http://vaporsearchusa.com/index01.html
Nothing in my vicinity, unfortunately I'm stuck walking around and taking the bus :p I wrote down the ProVari so that should increase my chances of finding the batteries in a smoke shop. Thanks!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok so here it is.

Ahh im so much more confused than I was before...

So basically 7.4 is mainly oil (unless you modify it) and 3.7 is mainly herbs unless you get the prototype red one? And also for modifying, if i purchase one from you can you modify it beofre it comes to me so I can do both? or is modifying the oil coil an easy thing to do and/or does it come with directions on how to modify?

Also once modified, can it be replaced to original conditions?

And im still confused about the 3.7 &7.4 model...if i got the 3.7/7.4 model does that mean i would run it at 3.7V for herbs and 7.4V for oil? and is it one unit than can just be used at either voltage depending on the batteries you use? Or do you need to modify it to be used at different voltages?

Top Bottom