Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

WaxOnWaxOff

If I remember correctly, the standard carts needed to be oxidized prior to use, but then I remember reading that a new washing step was introduced in the manufacturing process and at that point oxidization was no longer necessary. If all of that is true, at what point did the new manufacturing process begin? I have a cart that was shipped to the store I bought it from in January of 2013, and I'm just curious if I should oxidize or not.

WaxOnWaxOff,

WaxOnWaxOff

IMPO never oxidize. Old or new. it always led to problems

I'm tempted to do that, but my other carts seemed to have a funny taste (which I figured was machine oil) for a little while, and eventually it goes away and they taste incredible. And that's WITH oxidizing. It wasn't harsh or unpleasant so I didn't think much of it, but i'm curious what it is.

WaxOnWaxOff,

Krazzykid

I'm tempted to do that, but my other carts seemed to have a funny taste (which I figured was machine oil) for a little while, and eventually it goes away and they taste incredible. And that's WITH oxidizing. It wasn't harsh or unpleasant so I didn't think much of it, but i'm curious what it is.
IF I remember correctly it was just a propylene glycol or maybe even vegetable glycerine coating to protect the wicks, remember I said IF.

Either way it was nothing to worry about, the taste should go away soon enough.
Oxidizing is NOT recommended anymore because it will lead to other problems like melted seals, poor performance, early death, or straight up burning the cart out.

Even if you think nothing bad happened to the cart it may well end up being a leaker a half gram or so later.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey there, So the regular omicron/persei cartridges can load about a gram of oil at a time if I recall?

Im interested in getting a omicron w/SR71 whenever theyre ready. Does the SR71 hold a similar amount to the regular cartridges? And also will the SR71 die out like the regular omicron cartridges eventually do

WaxOnWaxOff

IF I remember correctly it was just a propylene glycol or maybe even vegetable glycerine coating to protect the wicks, remember I said IF.

Either way it was nothing to worry about, the taste should go away soon enough.
Oxidizing is NOT recommended anymore because it will lead to other problems like melted seals, poor performance, early death, or straight up burning the cart out.

Even if you think nothing bad happened to the cart it may well end up being a leaker a half gram or so later.

that makes sense. thanks!

WaxOnWaxOff

Hey there, So the regular omicron/persei cartridges can load about a gram of oil at a time if I recall?

Im interested in getting a omicron w/SR71 whenever theyre ready. Does the SR71 hold a similar amount to the regular cartridges? And also will the SR71 die out like the regular omicron cartridges eventually do

You can load .5 to 1. I've heard .7 is ideal.

I think the oil coils on the sr71 can hold quite a bit more, but it is also capable of going through it much quicker, as it's much more powerful.

The SR71 should last indefinitely. All of the parts are serviceable and they've tested the heating elements for 24 hours continuously.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

The Hercules SR-71 needs about a .5 loaded to be a buffer and another .3-.5 loaded for full on vapor production, it can produce vapor with the first .5 in it but it will take some time to warm up, so you can essentially load about 1.1 grams at a time and go to town.

Now with your second question the SR has a 1 year warranty against manufacturers defects and the heater. It is designed to be totally user serviceable, all parts cleanable, and 100% oil recovery in case of an issue arises.

The other good things about the Herc is that if used with herbs and oils at the same time it acts as a fractional vaporizer where the herbs capture the impurities of the oil, also it eliminates hybrid vapor while preserving the taste till the end.

You can load .5 to 1. I've heard .7 is ideal.

I think the oil coils on the sr71 can hold quite a bit more, but it is also capable of going through it much quicker, as it's much more powerful.

The SR71 should last indefinitely. All of the parts are serviceable and they've tested the heating elements for 24 hours continuously.

Thats right we did many 24 hour runs on the heaters and they go on and on and on and on and on and on.

Last edited:

MaxVapor

The Professor
Here is another video of the Herc Sr using the core, can anything match it? We dont think so.

The Black Bird is taking off.

That Core is gonna kill my ass.

I am too scared to try my SR-71. I don't want to blow my tops, but they are still in warantee so I guess I have nothing to lose. I will wait for the new top component though so at least I won't have to deal with the washer.

Thanks to Ataxian who gave me the courage to try some Pure Gold in one of the new CE4 tanks UpTech is selling.

I love my "F/A-18 Hornet" ...

8yz6.jpg

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Here is another video of the Herc Sr using the core, can anything match it? We dont think so.

The Black Bird is taking off.

This actor :D looks like he should be on my Blacked out Dancing Devil Harley :)
Needs an image...
IMG_1117.jpg

What is next a A-10 Thunderbolt II aka the meanest, toughest aircraft in the skies
it-fires-30mm-caliber-rounds-and-can-fire-up-to-3500-rounds-per-minute.jpg

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Needs an image...
IMG_1117.jpg

What is next a A-10 Thunderbolt II aka the meanest, toughest aircraft in the skies
Gorgeous bike!!!!
Thats redonkulous, The A-10 that is, it looks insane like dont FU#$ with me kinda look :uhh::bang:
Dude, I would rock that bike so hard.

Last edited:

Angel

The Hercules SR-71 needs about a .5 loaded to be a buffer and another .3-.5 loaded for full on vapor production, it can produce vapor with the first .5 in it but it will take some time to warm up, so you can essentially load about 1.1 grams at a time and go to town.

Now with your second question the SR has a 1 year warranty against manufacturers defects and the heater. It is designed to be totally user serviceable, all parts cleanable, and 100% oil recovery in case of an issue arises.

The other good things about the Herc is that if used with herbs and oils at the same time it acts as a fractional vaporizer where the herbs capture the impurities of the oil, also it eliminates hybrid vapor while preserving the taste till the end.

Thats right we did many 24 hour runs on the heaters and they go on and on and on and on and on and on.

So if you wanted to do herb and wax how do you go about packing it in ? With and without the old tanks ? Do you put the herb on the bottom and the tank on top with wax in it ?and with out the tank ? Put the wax in the coil and pack the herb on the top?

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
So if you wanted to do herb and wax how do you go about packing it in ? With and without the old tanks ? Do you put the herb on the bottom and the tank on top with wax in it ?and with out the tank ? Put the wax in the coil and pack the herb on the top?

The answer is yes...
I have filled it with herb and added oil. I have added herb on top of the coil after I added wax. Bob has cut the coil in half to make more room for herb on top... That is an option also. The herb will go b4 the oil so best to be on top. The point is if you put it in, it vapes, any herb by product. Its up to you to decide how to load and deal with it :) Also keep in mind herb will combust if it gets hot enough.

Gorgeous bike!!!!
Thats redonkulous, The A-10 that is, it looks insane like dont FU#$ with me kinda look :uhh::bang:
Dude, I would rock that bike so hard.
Well that is what its for - put a 120R racing motor in it with custom suspension & exhaust, 135 Torque, 130HP. Beat a Ninja 1100 the other day. His eyes were very big...

Love Sr-71's and F-18's,but an A-10 with that 30mm cannon. Oh my. Not mess with it:
this-is-the-gau-8-avenger-gatling-gun-the-cannon-on-the-nose-of-the-plane.jpg
needless-to-say-that-kind-of-firepower-is-very-very-effective-against-armored-ground-targets.jpg

Not sure the SR-71 can be topped, but an A-10 cart - oh my.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That Core is gonna kill my ass.

I am too scared to try my SR-71. I don't want to blow my tops, but they are still in warantee so I guess I have nothing to lose. I will wait for the new top component though so at least I won't have to deal with the washer.

Thanks to Ataxian who gave me the courage to try some Pure Gold in one of the new CE4 tanks UpTech is selling.

I love my "F/A-18 Hornet" ...

8yz6.jpg
I love the analogy.
PURE GOLD works well with your set up.
I have the same.
CO2 oil works well too!

I will call this set up the "HORNET"!
Needs an image...
IMG_1117.jpg

Your bike is so awesome!
Nice airbrush!

Last edited:

WaxOnWaxOff

G-

I pre-ordered and received the SR-71. When will I be able to purchase extra coils and the 3.7v rod?
Do you plan to sell the old style tanks again? Would you recommend those for herb only? Seems like that would be messy with the coil.

Thanks!

WaxOnWaxOff,
Reactions: Katysax
Top Bottom