Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

If you think so, honestly im just happy the sr71 has an official birth date. I have a mass amount of honeycomb to vape.

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,

friedbanana8

At this point i just hope they sell the oil coils seperately just as they do the cartridges. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

hey is the pre-order sale still going on? and until what day? whats the code too if someone can chime in?

damn. well maybe the 1 year warranty would still be worth just getting a full refund

Actually i just checked, the coupon code SR-71 still works. Until what day... i dont know. Ill have to search back a couple pages for that...
i just remembered that the news came in on the 420th page lol it made looking easier.
ok so the sale is on until july 15th. Just a reminder.

It looks like, if you're somebody who bought the herc v1 at full price you're best bet is returning it for a full refund, and getting the sr-71 on sale with the coupon code. This way you dont have to spend extra money on the oil coils if thats what you want.

friedbanana8,

OF

It was a discount for this forum. We took advantage of the presage savings and FC discount. Like I said, it wasn't for sale for long since we bought them out at a discount.

That's how I recall it as well, I think everyone has expected problems to be corrected (and I think sooner than this?) and we all knew different carts for different uses would be coming and not included retroactively so now I guess it's a question of 'what is the final version?'. If it comes with the new style reservoir then that's a realistic expectation. That is if it comes new on the Hercules, it should be on our 'upgraded like new' ones?

However, let's not lose sight of this abstract value issue here. Yes, we got a chance to 'invest in Hercules futures', inconvenience and frustration being balanced against lower costs and ability to play sooner. But our doing that has real value to D9 as well:
guys please remember we stand behind our products and will correct all issues, but we cant correct them until we have a full feedback on what people are having issues with. We just dont have the tester base that we can tap or the resources. This is a brand new product and will take some feedback to fix. The design of the hercules is like any other design we put out, it is modular for a reason. So we can upgrade and make it better.

I have diverted all engineers on these issue's and will have it fixed asap.

The only issues we have right now is the bottom insulator, and the peeling. The tanks work as they are designed, but we will further work on that to make them specific as possible for different textures of concentrates.

So, it's a two way street, a 'win-win' if all works out right.....which unfortunately it hasn't yet. The list of issues did grow but is hopefully under control and is being brought to a close.

With the feedback we got from the Hercules initial users we are able to make it better, the way the Herc is set up its easy to upgrade because its modular. This is incorporated into its design and all our other designs, and with the current upgrades we have for it its going to stand out.

One thing seems sure to me, is as long as there's a hint that 'the new coils give bigger clouds' some guys won't be happy not having them.

OF

friedbanana8

I felt like i wanted some better water cooling but didnt have tubing to connect to my bong so i rigged something up with a straw and thought it did the job pretty well. Its a straw with a headphone earbud at one end and one of those small rubber mouthpieces they sell on the delta9 site (that come in packs of 3 black and 3 white) stuck in the other end and thats it. now i've got better water cooling.

made a little video...

friedbanana8,
Reactions: ataxian

Bugsy

VapeHare
The old tanks only worked well for me after I had stuffed some volcano concentrate pad under them like Bob Loblaw suggested.
Was this due to the holes in the base of the heater? Any thoughts Bob?

That's how I remember it! I'm thinking the new "oil coils" are an important part of the fix.

lowkee00

I just got my persei pen, now does not come with white caps to close the 5.0 cartridges. I took it out of the box and charged it up, filled the cartridge with premium wax and boom, nada, dead cartridge. I thought it worked.

fwiw, priming should not be done with the 3.7 as indicated. I was told by the company that to prime the new 5.0 ohm cartridges I should use a hair dryer. The 3.7 are useless with the 5.0 oh cartridges. He also went on to say even the 1.5 ohm and the 3.7 should not even be used with the new pen. Only use the 5.0. He said it would give as much vapor as any other cartridge now.

He also is sending me another 5.0 ohm cartridge even though warranty says no replacement. Nice dealings so far. Will let you know when I get the 1st cartridge drained to the 2nd and get my wife's hair dryer out.

lowkee00,

OF

fwiw, priming should not be done with the 3.7 as indicated. I was told by the company that to prime the new 5.0 ohm cartridges I should use a hair dryer. The 3.7 are useless with the 5.0 oh cartridges. He also went on to say even the 1.5 ohm and the 3.7 should not even be used with the new pen. Only use the 5.0. He said it would give as much vapor as any other cartridge now.

This is the official word from D9? "Don't prime at 3.7 Volts"? "Use a hair dryer for 5.0 Ohm carts"? How about 4.0s? Or 3s or 2.4s? None of this shows in their official instructions.....

"Don't use 1.5 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts in Persei"? Why the 3.7 Volt battery then?

So 1.5s (and I assume 2.4s) are now for Omicron use only?

G, am I hearing this right? Are new instructions coming?

OF

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
whats goin on 'round here?! :uhoh: I'll always prime by pulsing (5-10 1/2-second pulses) , NOT BY HOLDING THE BUTTON - Perfect record so far.

Not ONE leak. Not even a drip onto the metal contact point... (knocking on desk)

**Priming/Oxidizing EMPTY cartridges is a different story, thats a no-no!

Hair dryer??? really....

kevin

[quote="lowkee00, He also went on to say even the 1.5 ohm and the 3.7 should not even be used with the new pen. Only use the 5.0. He said it would give as much vapor as any other cartridge now.

He also is sending me another 5.0 ohm cartridge even though warranty says no replacement. Nice dealings so far. Will let you know when I get the 1st cartridge drained to the 2nd and get my wife's hair dryer out.[/quote]

Hi
Just a shot in the dark here but are you sure he didn't say that you shouldn't use the 1.5 or 2.4 ohm
carts w/Persei in 7.4v configuation, but they were okay for 3.7v configuration??

Kevin

friedbanana8

whats goin on 'round here?! :uhoh: I'll always prime by pulsing (5-10 1/2-second pulses) , NOT BY HOLDING THE BUTTON - Perfect record so far.

Not ONE leak. Not even a drip onto the metal contact point... (knocking on desk)

**Priming/Oxidizing EMPTY cartridges is a different story, thats a no-no!

Hair dryer??? really....

i concur, not one leak with the pulse method here either:tup:

lowkee00

Does anybody know if I the 5 ohm cartridges must be .5 gram or more to start?

Also, I was told on the phone to do an inhale, 4 seconds hold, keep inhaling for another 2 seconds, sound right?

lowkee00,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
...Should I be carrying around a hairdryer with my "portable" vape? :D hehehe

Does anybody know if I the 5 ohm cartridges must be .5 gram or more to start?

Also, I was told on the phone to do an inhale, 4 seconds hold, keep inhaling for another 2 seconds, sound right?

1. Yes you will need to put .5 into any D9 TECH Disposable Cartridge to start off.
  2. There are MANY ways, I like to:
  • Prime with (5) 1/2 second Pulses (if the cart is cold)
  • slightly draw and hold button for 2 seconds, off for 1... back on for 3, off for 1... back on for (x) if I need it.
(I like to sip recently my tolerance spiked due to the ease of use for me, damn button is so much more convenient than Ti)

**The 5 Ohm cartridges will use more of your concentrate, and at a faster rate than the 2.4s**

Vitolo

Vaporist
are you sure he didn't say that you shouldn't use the 1.5 or 2.4 ohm
carts w/Persei in 7.4v configuation, but they were okay for 3.7v configuration??
My favorite configuration is 2.4 ohm cart with 6V+ (6.2-6.5) battery level.
You have to be alert and gentle with that button, but I am on a 2.4 ohm cart now that is filled with its 4th gram using 6V+.
Check out the thick vapor from one little puff~

Touch image to view the "puff"
(that puff is a morning Nausea killer~)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My favorite configuration is 2.4 ohm cart with 6V+ (6.2-6.5) battery level.
You have to be alert and gentle with that button, but I am on a 2.4 ohm cart now that is filled with its 4th gram using 6V+.
(that puff is a morning Nausea killer~)

Thank you Vitolo for the inspiration.
My POLLEN PELLETS are way too strong (HERCULES V1) and puts me in a deep sleep.
The 2.4 cart taste amazing plus for my wake and bake session so healing and comforting.

I had this cart ready to drain since I loaded 0.8 grams of SHATTER in it.
Was a bit wispy @ 3.7V however @ 6.0V it works perfectly fine.
Thanks to you I've just saved a bit of $!

Looks like I will load my last 1/2 gram when reloading. (SKYWALKER BLONDE HONEY COMB)

I love WAX!
Cured my morning Nausea!

exit

Ooh... I am going to have to get some 6V batteries. I notice DELTA 9 has none in stock. Anywhere good to get some from within the USA?

I've been finding with some of my wispier 2.4's at 3.7v, I just hold the button for a really long time to get hits close to that size!

Speaking of which, is SR-71 7.4v only or will 6V get it hot enough too (maybe too early to know)?

---

I found these....
http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/lifepo4rcr123-detail

I'm buying this too!!!!
wp62.jpg

https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/xtar-wp6-ii-detail

Top Bottom