Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

exit

Yeah I own a good multimeter and i know how to use it :)

I actually had no idea there were two heaters in the cart. I read the manuals multiple times and still miss stuff like this, haha! I'll extract it and give the 1.5 a shot, then.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
if the cart sizzles when empty there could be an issue (ie bad cart, condensation, foreign material), if the cart sizzles when there is oil in it then there something wrong with the oile.

OF

Yeah I own a good multimeter and i know how to use it :)

I actually had no idea there were two heaters in the cart. I read the manuals multiple times and still miss stuff like this, haha! I'll extract it and give the 1.5 a shot, then.

Good, then read it's resistance. There should be two five Ohm heaters in parallel. Since your x-ray vision seems to be down right now (Kryptonite in the area?) here's what the insides of a fouled out cart looks like:

The main (vaping) heater is under the black scab of burnt on contamination. You can see the two wicks which extend into the notches in the bottom of the ceramic furnace body you see normally. The ends sit outside in the bulk oil and are sealed by a rubber seal not in the photo that makes up the bottom of the furnace body where the draft tube enters from below centered on the heater. The flue leads off the top of the ceramic furnace and carries the vapor up past the bridge to you and I. One electrical connection is the flue (grounded by the bridge), the other the draft tube. The heaters (you can see the bulk heater wound around in the spiral groove on the furnace outside) are in parallel.

Yes, that's lead based solder.

Now you know what's inside. Ready for the test?

OF

exit

hey guys... just got home.... melted .6g of wax into my 1.5.... CRAZY CLOUDS! the 2.4 was just defective. i'm off!!!!

sucks to see lead solder in the carts, but good to know what's inside them. but, hey, we are vaping with metal after all... :lol:

I would also like to add that, the silicone tips are super comfortable, but I feel like I get more vapor with the PV deltrin mouthpieces? It feels shorter but I really think it's noticeable!

exit,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
One thing sure, if you're messing with Omicron carts there's not a single advantage to Persei over Omicron V2x unless you just want to throw money around. You can run 7.4 on Omicron HVD....when you're ready.

Your money, your call. But that's the advice.

But think about it, any ETOH or ISO is long gone before 400F where the action is. No way it can alter stuff in a useful way here. And all concentrates are pretty liquid at that temperature. Once loaded well, shatters feed and vape just fine, being hard is not a disqualifier.
OF

I think that is a really good assessment about the OMNICRON HVD and a 2.4V cart (on my wish list) Not knowing any better I started out with the PERSEI.

I load some really solid waxes with no issues (PERSEI) and I even have loaded some Shatters.
Most of this stuff is blonde in color and I ask for well purged.

I just hope the HASH in the HERCULES works well!

StepInToSpace

so maybe I drool a little too. Nothing wrong with that. Just thought it was impurities burning out/off. Ain't nothing like saliva vape session.

StepInToSpace,
Nibbler + Nibbler X :science:

nibblernibblerx.jpg

I'm using a 2.4 cart, 3.7 v, and 0.6g of Blue Confidential wax.

Because of the height that the Nibbler X adds, I didn't screw in the bottom cap in order to shorten the Persei a bit. I also used a couple of adapters (14 female-18 male, 18 female-14 male) to create a make-shift extension.

nibblerpieces.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Will bubble hash be able to work in the new hurcules?? Need a way to smoke this stuff[/
Nibbler + Nibbler X :science:
I'm using a 2.4 cart, 3.7 v, and 0.6g of Blue Confidential wax.
Because of the height that the Nibbler X adds, I didn't screw in the bottom cap in order to shorten the Persei a bit. I also used a couple of adapters (14 female-18 male, 18 female-14 male) to create a make-shift extension.

nibblerpieces.jpg
TOP SHELF SET UP!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Bender is glass on glass. I don't realistically expect the herc to beat it (how could it? Half the voltage and sturdier materials), I just want it to come close. I think the only way to give it a fair chance though would be to use the battery G is suggesting. I'm trying not to jump any guns because I didn't like the bender at first, but now I appreciate it for what it is.
This is against the way I buy things however I could not find it on the DELTA NINE WEB site.
The curiosity was driving me crazy so I won this on auction on eBay.
I'm new to water passage and plan to set up a rig for this thing.
UpUpandAway has the right ideal!
It doesn't seem to be that risky and I believe I can make it work!

$%28KGrHqZ,%21hwFD+W%21%290DcBRLZlT6wNg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

ataxian,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Shit!!..... The connector got pulled up a little on my Persei top now my cart won't heat any suggestions or am I screwed and need to send it in? I tried pushing it back down still won't heat, I wonder if the solder broke on the connector, it's gonna be a long day with no Persei.

Puffers,

k3nd4l

just wondering something

does 1 5ohm cart on 7.4 produce clouds like 2 2.4ohm on 7.4 ?
if so I think I'm gonna load up my next wax in a 5cart since I already have 2 full 2.4s

k3nd4l,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Get out your double top and open a ticket.

Ya thats what i figured you guys would say. My meter shows open on my top with the button engaged... shitty my double top is at home. Uggh the thought of a 10hrs with no meds, longest t break in a cpl years :(

Puffers,

tharealmclovin

just wondering something

does 1 5ohm cart on 7.4 produce clouds like 2 2.4ohm on 7.4 ?
if so I think I'm gonna load up my next wax in a 5cart since I already have 2 full 2.4s

1.5s and 2.4s should be used with a single 3.7v battery. The 1.5 will out power the 2.4s but lead to problems quicker.

5 ohms should be used with 2-3.7v batteries for 7.4v. This will give you more power than the 1.5, but again easiest to run into problems.

OF

Ya thats what i figured you guys would say. My meter shows open on my top with the button engaged... shitty my double top is at home. Uggh the thought of a 10hrs with no meds, longest t break in a cpl years :(

Bummer. No back up for 'Mission Critical Equipment'? I bet we don't catch you on that one again.......

I often carry a Ego T supply and adapter and loaded cart in a Doob Tube and (of course) have never been caught short. Small package in a handy pocket. Having a backup makes me pretty casual about battery charge (another problem that can blindside you). A few times I've grabbed the wrong vape and headed into the garden to supervise the day and been saved the walk back with that little backup (the battery is a bit smaller than the Doob Tube).

I also keep an original Omicron pen in it's case with a loaded cart and charger bits (wall and car) for trips. I just upgraded that to the new Omicron Light, neat vape, BTW. If I still worked, I'd probably keep it in the trunk? I'm in a MMJ state with a card, which makes it legal, of course not all are.

Bummer you're caught out. How's your headache? Need to go home?

OF

OF,
Reactions: exit

k3nd4l

1.5s and 2.4s should be used with a single 3.7v battery. The 1.5 will out power the 2.4s but lead to problems quicker.

5 ohms should be used with 2-3.7v batteries for 7.4v. This will give you more power than the 1.5, but again easiest to run into problems.

I won't be using 1.5s as I have none. I have 6 2.4s (2 full & .4wax left) & 2 5s. I've been using the double top at night with 2 of the 2.4s as a quick way to go to sleep ( I normally have trouble falling asleep for hours)

is one 5ohm at 7.4 more difficult to use than a double top 2.4 ? I currently have no problems w. the double top and I only use it for about 4/5 hits

k3nd4l,

tharealmclovin

You have to understand...when you use your double top its basically 2 seperate Vapes. So it hits big but just because there are 2 barrels. The 5 ohm @7.4 pours thick vapor out. It gets so hot that you actually have to let go and continue to hit it, it's so hot it still Vapes. So you have to be gentle on the button. Now double barrel 5 ohmers...Get your pillow ready.

But I still say don't change carts until you MASTERED the 2.4s. Not just comfortable, I mean master them. It's kinda like karate kid. Once you grab that fly, you will know you are ready. Until then keep training grasshopper.

TommydCat

The 5 ohm @7.4 pours thick vapor out. It gets so hot that you actually have to let go and continue to hit it, it's so hot it still Vapes. So you have to be gentle on the button. Now double barrel 5 ohmers...Get your pillow ready.

But I still say don't change carts until you MASTERED the 2.4s. Not just comfortable, I mean master them. It's kinda like karate kid. Once you grab that fly, you will know you are ready. Until then keep training grasshopper.

Is there even a term for what you're describing? I call it "lighting off" when a 5.0 gets hot enough to keep vaping for a sec but still not hot enough to kill the seals or burn the oil.

And yeah... I love "lighting off" the 5.0s, clouds sooo thick.. Very hard to master without torching the seals (giving the unpleasant rubber/metal taste), but they can pretty tasty. (Not going to argue with the 2.4 folks... same materials are in each cart, but some get much hotter - the difference - quit frying your non-2.4 carts!) As soon as that thing lights off, you have to back off or you'll be sorry after the meds wear off. Get it going, and just tap the button every so often to keep it there. It's actually quite hard to find the let off point without watching what's happening. I used a clear tube from the balloon kit of my EQ so I could watch the vapor go into a bubbler (the nibbler-x setup would be great for this) and after a while got "the feel" for it.

You can't quite do it with the 2.4 carts, and that's why they're so user-friendly. You could likely hold the button until the battery dies and the worst thing you might do is maybe scorch your oil a bit. You can get the 1.5s to light off, but it takes a bit more fiddling and will-power.

Now, getting two 5.0s to light off in a dual head without frying one or both? Insanity... and very hard to do, even for those with "lots of practice".

Top Bottom