Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
" Follow the instructions"

The instuctions only mention a fraction of that information. I have to research obscure forum to know how to use their product? That doesn't seem very customer friendly.

I am especially upset over the oil I can use.. I dont make clear oil. I make oil with butane and iso alcohol. I get a semi clear red oil, I do this for the hash taste that you get. Yellow clear butane/acetone/hexane washes are too strong and tasteless for my liking...

I might as well dump this product when I get my junk fixed. Seriously unimpressed.

photo_zps735c386e.jpg

ataxian,

OF

" Follow the instructions"

The instuctions only mention a fraction of that information. I have to research obscure forum to know how to use their product? That doesn't seem very customer friendly.

I am especially upset over the oil I can use.. I dont make clear oil. I make oil with butane and iso alcohol. I get a semi clear red oil, I do this for the hash taste that you get. Yellow clear butane/acetone/hexane washes are too strong and tasteless for my liking...

I might as well dump this product when I get my junk fixed. Seriously unimpressed.
Oh yea and thank you for pointing my in the right direction OF.

If you take a careful 'read' you'll see, I hope, that 'follow the instructions' was only part of the suggestions?

I'm sorry if my taking time to try to convey the useful tips I've picked up in an effort to get you going as quickly and easily as possible has been used as some sort of cover here. I sure don't like being used as further examples related to blame where you bought and guessed at how to use a complex piece of gear and got poor results. That's not my fault, nor IMO the makers. Does Chevy teach you to drive?

Your concentrate should work OK if it's like other BHOs. ISOs can often foul out quickly. Do a foil test, it will tell you what to expect. I agree it will be a real problem if you cannot get good fuel for your new toy.

Your call, but consider there are about 20,000 posts on this and the Omicron threads....mostly from very happy owners. IMO you to can do it, it's not that hard really. IMO it's not the gear that's unimpressive but your results with it thus far (unles it's defective, of course).

It's your call, but I think if you give it a fair chance (and I don't think that's happened yet?) you too can enjoy this very popular (with good reason) vape.

You're welcome for the advice thus far.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
umm.. nice picture.

? why did you quote me?

Lightbulb, I am the guy behind the unit, Im here to help you. Can i start off by asking.

Was there instruction sheet that was inside the kit along with the Cart Chart?

And did you read both of them?

The Kit you bought was there a website on the box? Or was the box blank with no image on it?

The reason i ask is i want to know if the kit was actual new kit or something that was used.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

VAPORIZER22

so last night I tried two of the 2.4ohm carts with my 3.7 omi. Both got 0.6g.

First one was an amber shatter. I had to take several minutes slow heating to get it to drip down without over heating it. The second was slightly more of a waxy texture but it turned to liquid with much less heat and loaded very easily and quickly.

Both carts are a huge dissapointment. I tried for an hour to get hits off them. The best I could come up with could only be described "whispy" with a light blue color. Kind of the color of smoke I get from my inhalator when the capsule is 99% ABV. It tastes like the cartridges more than the hash and just does NOT hit period.

I have verified my batteries are charged. Recharged and swapped em. I cleaned my electrical contacts with ISO, verified the red glow on the new cart etc. So far I have run at least 3 full grams of various oil into the 2.4 omis, and not a single good experience, except for my 1st test when I only added around 0.2g without reading the directions. This is just incredibly wasteful.

So I guess I will be only using 1.5ohm carts.

Are you using an Omicron v2 or v2.5? When I first got my v2., 2.4 carts did not perform like they did on my Omicron v1x due to the power output restrictions of the v2 tops. 1.5 carts worked fine but 2.4 carts gave me whispy vapor. With a v2.5 or HVD top , 2.4 carts worked much better.

lightbulb

I contacted ticket support. I hope I get a Hercules, atleast it worked well for me since the beginning.

Im just upset because I used to use an oil burner. It worked so much better, but dumb people would burn themselves and it looked sketchy.

Im sorry I came off as harsh when I refereed to the poor instruction. The instruction you linked me to are much better than what comes with the unit. I honestly did mean my thank you. I was just bummed it broke today, Im supposed to go on a vacation this weekend and it would have been handy around the inlaws. Now ill have to smoke blunts ;)

And to the chevy thought, they dont teach you to drive but they do tell you what fuel to put into it. I take all blame for my failed heaters/incorrect batteries. But as someone who works with lots of tools and many pieces of electrical equipment, these vapes could have simple redundancies built in to prevent people from burning carts. Seems like a money grab to take advantage of stoners to me.

My bho is hard, like crystaline goo. and dark red. It works in the cart but it takes a battery charge to get a few people stoned. Pretty rare to get good pulls.

lightbulb,
Reactions: OF

lightbulb

Lightbulb, I am the guy behind the unit, Im here to help you. Can i start off by asking.

Was there instruction sheet that was inside the kit along with the Cart Chart?

And did you read both of them?

The Kit you bought was there a website on the box? Or was the box blank with no image on it?

The reason i ask is i want to know if the kit was actual new kit or something that was used.

I bought my percei from "The Joint" in Saskatoon.

it was brand new, but the owners/workers had never used it. I bought my Hercules and 2.4 cats and hammer from planet vape.

my email is theworldbeours at hot mail . com

lightbulb,

ictus

Are you using an Omicron v2 or v2.5? When I first got my v2., 2.4 carts did not perform like they did on my Omicron v1x due to the power output restrictions of the v2 tops. 1.5 carts worked fine but 2.4 carts gave me whispy vapor. With a v2.5 or HVD top , 2.4 carts worked much better.

Well the box mine came in looks like the box the v2.5 is sold in, but I have no idea how to verify which one I got. I got mine at a local headshop so maybe its is a V2? I would be really happy to learn that's the case.

Are the cartridges different in 2.5 or just the top/body?

ictus,

VAPORIZER22

Well the box mine came in looks like the box the v2.5 is sold in, but I have no idea how to verify which one I got. I got mine at a local headshop so maybe its is a V2? I would be really happy to learn that's the case.

Are the cartridges different in 2.5 or just the top/body?

G might be able to help you identify what version you have? The easiest thing may be to give them a call and they could help you determine what version you have so you can start to diagnose the problem your having with 2.4 carts.

I am not sure, but I think the case they come in is the same for V2's and 2.5's. The carts would be the same, the bodies may be different as with the tops. When I sent in my V2 top for replacement I received an HVD top and a different sized tube this is shorter than my V2 tube along with a shorter spring bottom cap. They sent me out a new tube because the older ones had the Omicron decals on them and not the tops like they are now. I do not know if the shorter tube I received is a V2.5 tube, and I do not think it is a 14500 battery tube since it is just a few mm shorter than my original V2 tube.

exit

Just placed my order for a Hammer and Bender :science:

Also congratulations to the guy who got a Persei with all the accessories (literally all of them) for $260 O___O

OF

Well the box mine came in looks like the box the v2.5 is sold in, but I have no idea how to verify which one I got.

You should be able to tell by looking at the top. V2 has a recess for the chrome connector, V2.5 has a wider recess leaving a groove as wide as the chrome part to catch leaks. That's what I see looking at my modest collection of Omicron tops.

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:rofl:
SHORTY with a AW 18350 2.4 CART Honeycomb (AFGAN GOO) BRITTLE

Laughing GAS!
NOT MEDICATION!

ataxian,
Reactions: exit

exit

Hey guys, like I said before we don't have a huge variety of oil out here. Today I got some that's so sticky at room temperature, it's practically solid. It melts but is there any chance its consistency could damage a cartridge? I guess I was going to run it with a 5 ohm

exit,

ictus

By all means do what works for you.

What do you think is behind your having no luck with what hundreds of us do every day without problems?

OF

Fair question! Might have to chalk this one up to poor oil quality. The oil I put in the 1.5 was from sourD/pineapple cross strain, (17% yield) and I used something called amnesia haze in the 2.4s (14%). Taking a good look at the foil test, I have to admit that oil is leaving behind more residue than I'd like. The sour pineapple seems cleaner,maybe just because the buds were higher quality even thou same process was used. Going to try some sour pineapple in 2.4s when I can.

OF

Fair question! Might have to chalk this one up to poor oil quality. The oil I put in the 1.5 was from sourD/pineapple cross strain, (17% yield) and I used something called amnesia haze in the 2.4s (14%). Taking a good look at the foil test, I have to admit that oil is leaving behind more residue than I'd like. The sour pineapple seems cleaner,maybe just because the buds were higher quality even thou same process was used. Going to try some sour pineapple in 2.4s when I can.

I think you're on to something here. In the feed for these guys there's a bundle of fibers, sort of like a piece of yarn, with the heater wrapped around the center. This center part sits in the furnace with the bundle ends going through the rubber seals into the (hopefully liquid) oil. The only oil that can feed is between the fibers. Lots of very narrow passages (narrow enough so the cool oil doesn't make it through). These jam up sometimes, killing the cart. Sometimes very quickly. The other way they seem to die is the junk that melts OK but won't vape away. It collects in the furnace as sort of a 'scab' over the heater. Eventually this too will choke the flow off, but in a different place. Here's a photo of this. As you see, the bundles were also fouling out (this guy had several grams of Sour Diesel wax IIRC) but the heater fouling got there first I think. In the background, out of focus, is the furnace body with the other heater (for the bulk oil) on the outside:

Good luck with your unit, but I bet if you fed the same oil to both you'd get good results from the 2.4s and they'd be easier to control.

OF

SlideOrDie

here is a few things we have as far as specs for the pass through hope it helps.

1.LCD Screen.
2.Adjustable Output voltage: 3.0V-8.4V.
3.The max current:5.5A
4.Input Voltage: 110V-240V.
5.The maximum power: 40W.

@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Any word on a date / price for the core yet, boss? I been waiting on this for some time now :D

Also, just wondering if FC members who pre order will be offered somewhat of a discount like usual? :D

Thanks!

SlideOrDie,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
@ THC SCIENTIFIC

Any word on a date / price for the core yet, boss? I been waiting on this for some time now :D

Ditto! Also, I believe today was supposed to be Hercules Day as far as prototypes being ready for testing. Any updates, G? :p

kindbeats,

exit

I sure hope so! Sign me up for testing, hah, i just got a big thing of bubble hash and need to vape it out of something!

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
BEnDeR TRIAls!
Do I need one of these to make it work?
This hammer is dead? So I need the top below to work with this set up?
bender_zps4b4c6818.jpg
The_Hammer_Black_Top_2B__83334_zoom.jpg

No, you can simply purchase a Hammer cart by itself for $25.00 or so off of the delta9 site. The Hammer Top that you pictured above is a separate top that has a click on, click off feature for the button and comes with a Hammer cart as well. While convenient, it is definitely not a necessity. I def wish I had one for the Herc though!

Also, don't forget to unscrew the top of the Hammer cart!

kindbeats,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Also, don't forget to unscrew the top of the Hammer cart!
Thank you so much!
My HAMMER is fine I just needed to unscrew the cap from the tip.
MY GOD!
Why are we not discussing the "BENDER"?

Maybe releasing it while the HERCULES issue were the focus we lost sight of a really awesome device!

Efficiency wonderful however the "FLAVOR"!

I don't know if it's worth the trouble to vape it through a water passage?

I will buy a few sets of 18350's since this BENDER is going to be a daily driver!

This is crazy that more people don't own the BENDER?

For my life the size is perfect!

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Thank you so much!
My HAMMER is fine I just needed to unscrew the cap from the tip.
MY GOD!
Why are we not discussing the "BENDER"?

Maybe releasing it while the HERCULES issue were the focus we lost sight of a really awesome device!

Efficiency wonderful however the "FLAVOR"!

I don't know if it's worth the trouble to vape it through a water passage?

I will buy a few sets of 18350's since this BENDER is going to be a daily driver!

This is crazy that more people don't own the BENDER?

For my life the size is perfect!

My pleasure, my friend. I don't really hit flower anymore but when I do, it's the Bender or bust. The taste is unparalleled.

exit

I can't wait for my Bender to get here...:brow:

Man... coming from the 1.5 and 2.4 ohms, the 5 ohm is harsh!!!!
Very difficult to get hits with both vapor and not the taste of burning seals....
I guess I have some getting used to do with these carts too!

exit,
Top Bottom