Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

I'd recommend sticking with the '188, especially if you want or need to charge 3v cells (e.g. LiFePO4 RCR123a). Also there's no slow charge setting - it is only a "fast charger" - Your cells may not last as long and smaller capacity batteries (e.g. the 14250s for the Omi HVD) may not be happy (the '188 has a lower current setting available for these). Finally, I think you're confused about the USB ; It is a 5v/1A output, not power input - i.e. you can NOT operate it from a laptop or car, but rather it can supply power to a separate "USB charger".
Then there's this year old review/post (translated):
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/ladegeraete/10958-ultrafire-wf-200-2-schacht-lader-usb-ausgang.html

The '188 works great for me, except using spacers is a PITA as they tend to fall/pop out.

-NDA
the wf-188 says no spacers required....

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
the wf-188 says no spacers required....
it doesn't need them for those batts, but for really small batts (not ones needed for this device) the spacers are a pita, but yea, like nick and of sez wf all the way. slow charge setting great for maximizing batteries. the rcr123's are for 6v vaping.

the hercules is a longer lasting cart for both oil and herb w/ the aw imr 18350s. half off now til end of month w/ code

OF

RIGHT 8650 AW IMR 2000mAh High Drain (one only)

QUESTION: Would these be the correct quiver for the PERSEI?

Replace the stock ones with these?

Looks like a great lineup to me. You might consider the 'lesser' 1600 mAh version of the AW 18650. The 2000 is very good in the specification we care most about, flat out power on demand, but the 1600 is a little bit better (trading off some capacity for improved performance 'in the clinches'). I tested a bunch of 18650s a while back, I found the AW 2000 better than the rest of the IMRs (by a small but IMO useful bit) but the 1600 was a little better still. I bought more 1600s.

I also wouldn't replace the factory batteries, keep them handy. The still outperform (when fully charged) partially discharged AWs. I've used them to replace my main batteries when caught short and also for 'preheating duty', saving the hot rocks for the main event.

I'd recommend sticking with the '188, especially if you want or need to charge 3v cells (e.g. LiFePO4 RCR123a). Also there's no slow charge setting - it is only a "fast charger" - Your cells may not last as long and smaller capacity batteries (e.g. the 14250s for the Omi HVD) may not be happy (the '188 has a lower current setting available for these).

Once again, NDA is spot on. New guys should 'draw close and grow wise'. Charging RCR123As depends on the self protection in the battery to limit charging, IMO not a good practice. And as 'the man' so wisely points out, the only available charging current level is a little above ideal if you're using 14500s and smaller. No sense beating them up more than needed. "Keep 'em cool".

OF

rcflo

I'd recommend sticking with the '188, especially if you want or need to charge 3v cells (e.g. LiFePO4 RCR123a). Also there's no slow charge setting - it is only a "fast charger" - Your cells may not last as long and smaller capacity batteries (e.g. the 14250s for the Omi HVD) may not be happy (the '188 has a lower current setting available for these). Finally, I think you're confused about the USB ; It is a 5v/1A output, not power input - i.e. you can NOT operate it from a laptop or car, but rather it can supply power to a separate "USB charger".
Then there's this year old review/post (translated):
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/ladegeraete/10958-ultrafire-wf-200-2-schacht-lader-usb-ausgang.html

The '188 works great for me, except using spacers is a PITA as they tend to fall/pop out.

-NDA
Thanks for the feedback, i have been planning on buying one of these chargers for a while but havent gotten around to it, stock charger has always worked fine for me. Must have overlooked the current settings. Obviously, makes complete sense. however I am confused about the input, which could clear things up for many other chargers ive looked at as well. It says this:
Input :AC 100 ~ 240 volt / DC 12v (650mA)
USB Output: DC5V / 1000mA
They sell DC car adapters too... Please clear this up if i am overlooking something because every other charger ive ever had that also has a DC input... works on a dc input...

rcflo,

OF

It says this:
Input :AC 100 ~ 240 volt / DC 12v (650mA)
USB Output: DC5V / 1000mA
They sell DC car adapters too... Please clear this up if i am overlooking something because every other charger ive ever had that also has a DC input... works on a dc input...

What model are you looking at? This sounds like a dual input charger (wall or car adapter). This is common for units with 'wall worts' as opposed to line cords. The 188, my favorite, doesn't do this, it must be a different model?

Note the USB part is an output, you could use it to charge a cell phone, MP3 player, or whatever you have a USB powered charger or cord for. Not all that useful for us, although there are some 'pass through' e-cig supplies that might find it useful?

OF

OF already answered - very common :) The '188 is very popular - I believe the '200 is quite rare.
I was commenting only about the USB; A 12 car plug with the correct other side should work fine for input.

-NDA

Nick Again,

rcflo

What model are you looking at? This sounds like a dual input charger (wall or car adapter). This is common for units with 'wall worts' as opposed to line cords. The 188, my favorite, doesn't do this, it must be a different model?

Note the USB part is an output, you could use it to charge a cell phone, MP3 player, or whatever you have a USB powered charger or cord for. Not all that useful for us, although there are some 'pass through' e-cig supplies that might find it useful?

OF
The WF-200 has DC INPUT as well as AC Input. (also has usb out for charging phones/wtv)
The WF-188 only has AC input

That is where the confusion is

http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...3-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_4068.html

rcflo,

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

it doesn't need them for those batts, but for really small batts (not ones needed for this device) the spacers are a pita, but yea, like nick and of sez wf all the way. slow charge setting great for maximizing batteries. the rcr123's are for 6v vaping.

the hercules is a longer lasting cart for both oil and herb w/ the aw imr 18350s. half off now til end of month w/ code

What coupon code?

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
They work. I just don't think I can find it in time.

Hey G, quick question about the Hercules. In the video you posted, you said that you had put .2 in the cart. Was that .2 of oil or .2 of flower? I only ask because it took a while to get it going and you were then blowing huge clouds after the Persei had already been turned off. Both of those things are common characteristics of vaping flowers.

You also mentioned in the vid that since it was a new wick, it needed a little time to saturate. I was under the impression (maybe mistakenly?) that the Hercules carts were wickless. Am I wrong in thinking that? Thanks as always!

kindbeats,

OF

The WF-200 has DC INPUT as well as AC Input. (also has usb out for charging phones/wtv)
The WF-188 only has AC input

Thanks for identifying the model. What you say is almost right, the 200 has only a DC input. No AC input. They provide a 12 Volt WW converter for you to use have a car and cord handy. You could just as easily say the 188 has a DC input (if you add a 12 VDC to 115 VAC inverter....).

Unless you need 12 VDC I strongly advise the 188.

OF

OF,

kendo916

So it's been 4 business days since d9 has got my old vape for the trade in program does anyone know if I was suppose to get a confirmation email with a tracking number and what not I'm sure once it's sent out It should be quick to get to sacramento

kendo916,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey G, quick question about the Hercules. In the video you posted, you said that you had put .2 in the cart. Was that .2 of oil or .2 of flower? I only ask because it took a while to get it going and you were then blowing huge clouds after the Persei had already been turned off. Both of those things are common characteristics of vaping flowers.

You also mentioned in the vid that since it was a new wick, it needed a little time to saturate. I was under the impression (maybe mistakenly?) that the Hercules carts were wickless. Am I wrong in thinking that? Thanks as always!

I loaded about .2 of essential oil, the hercules cart has a tank system. There is no silca wick in there.

I will further explain when time nears for shipping.

Top Bottom