Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

agree on the WF-188 charger and rest of OF advice. just wanted to add that you shouldn't charge or use them while "hot". give 'em 10-15 min. before putting them in charger or persei. my two cents

wish i coulda made it down to sparc. hope you guys had fun

Hey, what the man just said! I clean forgot the 'keep 'em cool' part, key to long life you know. As I've said many times we beat these guys up something awful with our power demands, only smart thinking to give them every possible break outside that. We're in it for the long haul, best to treat the tools as well as we can. Every dollar not spent or replacing abused batteries is more bucks for false drugs.

Thanks for the follow up, Bob. We make a great team sometimes, you lie, I'll swear to it......

I hear ya about the Sparc adventure, I'm finally caught up with where I should have been this time yesterday. Some lunch and a shower and I'll only be a day late.......

OF

kittyboy

so wondering if anyone found G at Sparc or if his magic juice got the better of him and he went to watch Giants beat the Tigers.... Only 3 days to hit the buy button but I want reviews. Can u load enough for a night on town etc. or do you have to refill often etc? Compared to Dart etc.

Thanks.:wave:

kittyboy,

VAPORIZER22

If he doesn't already have an answer about shatter he will by the end of tomorrow.

So what is the verdict testers? Will it work with shatters, ambers, budders and waxes?

Hoping it does since the majority of concentrates I enjoy are budders, waxes, and shatters.

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,

kittyboy

So what is the verdict testers? Will it work with shatters, ambers, budders and waxes?

Hoping it does since the majority of concentrates I enjoy are budders, waxes, and shatters.

Thanks
either there are no survivors, G had to kill them after they tried it or they are still having a good time at the ole vape park...... :p

kittyboy,
Reactions: OF

DubCRider

No shatter testing, next time.... I'm still on the moon with Buzz.

I'll be sure to put it through the ringers as soon as I have one.

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Sorry guys we got there around 3:20 and two people decided to sit in front of us effectively closing patients view of our device.

I'm going to find some shatter, and budders and do a demo video.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

SlideOrDie

Yes, I used mine a time or two but put it (actually them, I have two...) away and use my WF-188 for 'everything'. Since there's no built in protection for overcharging I'm in the habit of taking them out when charged, even though I've measured the charger and it seems safe. We work t hose poor little guys hard, best to take the best care possible elsewhere as I see it. "Ridden hard and put up wet" ain't good for horses or batteries.......or people.

I think the same logic applies to discharge. They can take deep discharges with no/very small ill effects. When they get weak I swap 'em out for both reasons (battery protection and better vaping). The big danger I see is in dual battery use (like Persei on HV). If you screw up and put a fresh one in with a weak one (easy enough to do if you goof up charging one battery), the fully charged one can try to charge the weak on backwards.......which can be fatal as understand it. I tend to be a hawk on keeping them in pairs for use in such applications.

No need to apologize, or thank me yet again, helping each other out is the idea here, right? IMO it's neat the way we collectively work out the 'hot tips' like grind fine, cure well, load small and often, use top quality well charged batteries, shake between hits and so on. Reminding each other and the new guys that happen along is part of that most useful process. That said, you're welcome (of course). Thanks for doing so.

Best wishes, get your stash ready, (more) serious vaping coming......

OF

Great info again, thanks to both OF and Bob.

So from what you're saying, I'm guessing the WF-188 on D9 site has overcharge protection?

That being said, if I order a WF-188 I wouldn't have to worry about leaving them in the charger too long correct?

$20 to protect $100 worth of AW IMR's sounds like a good deal to me :D

Can anyone tell me the easiest way of getting D9 to add the charger to my order without placing another order?

@Bob - What do I need to order to be able to do the 2x 18650 set up in the Persei for road trips?

SlideOrDie,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Can anyone tell me the easiest way of getting D9 to add the charger to my order without placing another order?

@Bob - What do I need to order to be able to do the 2x 18650 set up in the Persei for road trips?

i would place another order, write a note in the ticket asking for them to be shipped out together and to credit ur account the extra shipping charge. or call tomorrow.

for the 18650 dual setup you'd need either two persei or a persei and a SS (super stealth) long tube. directions are in the description of the video. can be found by going to my youtube page. link in my sig.
pretty simple. remove one bottom plate, screw together. pretty much. hope that helps!

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

I am about to place an order at D9... I have the persei... What would you guys suggest I get? I'm a newb at this. I hear about upgraded batts and chargers... What else is needed? Thanks in advance...

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,

OF

Great info again, thanks to both OF and Bob.

That being said, if I order a WF-188 I wouldn't have to worry about leaving them in the charger too long correct?

Once again, you're very welcome to whatever help I can offer, I'm sure Bob agrees with that. FWIW both you and your parents are to be commended for such (sadly all too rare) manners.

I think the 188 is a great unit, but I wouldn't make it a habit to leave charged batteries in it. Occasionally it's no big deal but days on end won't help.

Bob has once again come through with worthy suggestions. Good guy you know......

I am about to place an order at D9... I have the persei... What would you guys suggest I get? I'm a newb at this. I hear about upgraded batts and chargers... What else is needed? Thanks in advance...

Howdy and welcome to the fun. I'm sorry but your question is over broad, what is it you want to do with your Persei? My 'standard advice' for Omicron cart users is some extra 2.4 Ohm carts (master them before trying to deal with the hotter ones) and a good quality (AW brand IMRs if you can) battery or two, you're sure to eventually have one go flat on you when you got distracted.....

So, if you can let me know what it is you want to do with it, maybe I can make a useful suggestion or two for you?

No matter which way you go, chances of really liking your Persei are extremely high.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
AW_IMR_18350__10824_thumb.jpg
ultrafire_3.0v_rechargeable__83447_thumb.jpg
AW_IMR_18650__16140_thumb.jpg

LEFT 18350 AW IMR 700mAh High Drain (HERCULES) (two needed)

CENTER Requires the Ultrafire WF-188 chargerCr123A Rechargeable Li Ion 3.0v (for PERSEI) 3.0-5.0ohm carts only (two needed)

RIGHT 8650 AW IMR 2000mAh High Drain (one only)

QUESTION: Would these be the correct quiver for the PERSEI?

Replace the stock ones with these?

ataxian,

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

Once again, you're very welcome to whatever help I can offer, I'm sure Bob agrees with that. FWIW both you and your parents are to be commended for such (sadly all too rare) manners.

I think the 188 is a great unit, but I wouldn't make it a habit to leave charged batteries in it. Occasionally it's no big deal but days on end won't help.

Bob has once again come through with worthy suggestions. Good guy you know......

Howdy and welcome to the fun. I'm sorry but your question is over broad, what is it you want to do with your Persei? My 'standard advice' for Omicron cart users is some extra 2.4 Ohm carts (master them before trying to deal with the hotter ones) and a good quality (AW brand IMRs if you can) battery or two, you're sure to eventually have one go flat on you when you got distracted.....

So, if you can let me know what it is you want to do with it, maybe I can make a useful suggestion or two for you?

No matter which way you go, chances of really liking your Persei are extremely high.

OF

I want the upgraded batteries for sure.... I'll order some 2.4 ohm carts....

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,

rcflo

rcflo,

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

Don't forget to order a couple 15mm spacers in order to charge the rcr123's on the WF-200 ( this is noted on the link you have for the WF-200). Good luck and happy vaping!!

NoName

are the rcr123's for 6v vaping? i need to order those too right because i dont think i got those in the kit. Also i am ordering 2.4 ohm carts and some colored mouthpieces. What is the Hercules?

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Here is the WF-188 mentioned:
http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...3-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_3669.html

here is what i would get, so that i can also usb charge (car, laptop, etc) wf-200
http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...3-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_4068.html

Same price, might as well right?
I'd recommend sticking with the '188, especially if you want or need to charge 3v cells (e.g. LiFePO4 RCR123a). Also there's no slow charge setting - it is only a "fast charger" - Your cells may not last as long and smaller capacity batteries (e.g. the 14250s for the Omi HVD) may not be happy (the '188 has a lower current setting available for these). Finally, I think you're confused about the USB ; It is a 5v/1A output, not power input - i.e. you can NOT operate it from a laptop or car, but rather it can supply power to a separate "USB charger".
Then there's this year old review/post (translated):
http://translate.google.com/transla...afire-wf-200-2-schacht-lader-usb-ausgang.html

The '188 works great for me, except using spacers is a PITA as they tend to fall/pop out.

-NDA

Top Bottom