Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Bugsy

VapeHare
I am a little bit confused....which is not unusual for me:) The batteries I got with my Persei are IMR 18350 900mAh...are they going to be ok with the Hercules?

Bugsy,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I am a little bit confused....which is not unusual for me:) The batteries I got with my Persei are IMR 18350 900mAh...are they going to be ok with the Hercules?
Yes absolutely, but your better off with AW IMR 18350s 700mah. from the d9 site. They are just all around a better battery.

Porquiplane,

DubCRider

Sac? Could have happened this past Wednesday... But really depends on when you ordered. I'm sure by the time you read this you will have it in your hand.

DubCRider,

DubCRider

I was joking, I distribute them and was in Sac on Wednesday. If they got it today I would say at best Saturday, worst case Wednesday. All depends on USPS and what place your order is in line. Have no fear, they take care of customers as promptly as possible. Your unit will ship from LA so it shouldn't take more than a couple days to ship.

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

StaysHigh

Hey G, quick question about the hercules 7.4, How is it for shatters, ambers, budders and waxes? Is there any concentrate it can't do? And what in addition to the items that come with a new Persei would be recommended for optimal use-80% the aformentioned concentrates and 20% flowers?

Thanks

StaysHigh,

Cheddartoes

Long time lurker, first time poster, but out of curiousity, does anyone around here know how well the O-Phos works? Ive been eyeballing the W9 Tech products the last few weeks, and wanted to start off with something smaller before I went with the Persei.

So, O-Phos, yay, or nay, for a beginner to hash oil vaporizers?

Oh, and Ive been meaning to ask...
Ive gotten down what most of your products do/what they are, but Ive gotta ask...
What is The Core, GET, GLOC, LOV, and Alpha Supreme?

And I thought The Universe, was the Hercules?

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

Cheddartoes,

OF

So, O-Phos, yay, or nay, for a beginner to hash oil vaporizers?

You should be happy with it, 'everyone' is. Good product for beginners IMO.

It depends on the quality of the oil you have access to, of course.

OF

OF,

Cheddartoes

You should be happy with it, 'everyone' is. Good product for beginners IMO.

It depends on the quality of the oil you have access to, of course.

OF

Does it give decent size hits, comparable to say, nail and dome?
And, I usually just make up my own oil, fairly decent quality IMO, but nothing like you Cali-folk are capable of getting.
What type of consistency of a batch should I make, if I were to buy myself one of these? More of an oily consistency, or should I leave it out to dry for a week and melt it into a cart?

Cheddartoes,

nickzzzx

Does it give decent size hits, comparable to say, nail and dome?
And, I usually just make up my own oil, fairly decent quality IMO, but nothing like you Cali-folk are capable of getting.
What type of consistency of a batch should I make, if I were to buy myself one of these? More of an oily consistency, or should I leave it out to dry for a week and melt it into a cart?
Comparable, yes. But with a dome and nail you have the choice of getting a much bigger dose at once. With the standard 2.4 ohm carts you will get smaller hits, with the 1.5ohm carts you can get a bigger dose at once. I personally like to take a couple hits from the 1.5 ohm carts to get me medicated, and maybe a little bit more for the 2.4s. I would recommend you wait till the EC1701 carts come out since the design is improved a lot to prevent leaking and clogging. The ophos is great though, you will love it if you are patient with the loading process and learn how to use it without overheating it. The best consistency is probably right in the middle between a runny oil and a wax. I prefer stable oils that aren't runny at room temperature because they don't leak.

nickzzzx,

Cheddartoes

Comparable, yes. But with a dome and nail you have the choice of getting a much bigger dose at once. With the standard 2.4 ohm carts you will get smaller hits, with the 1.5ohm carts you can get a bigger dose at once. I personally like to take a couple hits from the 1.5 ohm carts to get me medicated, and maybe a little bit more for the 2.4s. I would recommend you wait till the EC1701 carts come out since the design is improved a lot to prevent leaking and clogging. The ophos is great though, you will love it if you are patient with the loading process and learn how to use it without overheating it. The best consistency is probably right in the middle between a runny oil and a wax. I prefer stable oils that aren't runny at room temperature because they don't leak.

Nice, nice...Im assuming the 1.5 ohm carts work with the O-Phos, then? Id much rather over-medicate than under-medicate. Any ETA on when the 1701's will be released? Im actually about to make up some oil in a week or two, and Ive been thinking on getting myself an O-Phos beforehand, so Ill probably just be getting myself a 5 pack of 1.5's.
And awesome, I usually make up stable oils, so filling shouldnt be that much of a bitch.

Thanks man.

Now gotta wait for THC to tell me about these mystery unfinished products.

Cheddartoes,

OF

Nice, nice...Im assuming the 1.5 ohm carts work with the O-Phos, then? Id much rather over-medicate than under-medicate. Any ETA on when the 1701's will be released? Im actually about to make up some oil in a week or two, and Ive been thinking on getting myself an O-Phos beforehand, so Ill probably just be getting myself a 5 pack of 1.5's.
And awesome, I usually make up stable oils, so filling shouldnt be that much of a bitch.

I recommend against starting out with 1.5 Ohm carts. 2.4s come with it for good reason. Learn to control it, master 2.4s before deciding to try 1.5s. Guys that ignore the advice and go for 'big clouds' right off get to fight leaks and burnt oil until they sort it out. Hard to learn when that's going on.

No cart will come close to a nail. 10 mg a hit is a LOT for carts. Guys I know dab 10 or 20 times that much at a go? The standard quoted for Omicron carts is '200 to 400 hits to the gram', you can do the math.

Improved carts will be nice when they happen, but the current versions work just fine if you feed them good oil and handle the heat properly. Yes, O-phos will drive 1.5 as well as 2.4 and will no doubt work just fine with the new ones when they get here. I see no need to wait, but it's your call.

You need stable oils, the harder and lighter the better in general. Filling is actually pretty easy IMO, if you follow the directions.

Good luck.

OF

Cheddartoes

I recommend against starting out with 1.5 Ohm carts. 2.4s come with it for good reason. Learn to control it, master 2.4s before deciding to try 1.5s. Guys that ignore the advice and go for 'big clouds' right off get to fight leaks and burnt oil until they sort it out. Hard to learn when that's going on.

No cart will come close to a nail. 10 mg a hit is a LOT for carts. Guys I know dab 10 or 20 times that much at a go? The standard quoted for Omicron carts is '200 to 400 hits to the gram', you can do the math.

Improved carts will be nice when they happen, but the current versions work just fine if you feed them good oil and handle the heat properly. Yes, O-phos will drive 1.5 as well as 2.4 and will no doubt work just fine with the new ones when they get here. I see no need to wait, but it's your call.

You need stable oils, the harder and lighter the better in general. Filling is actually pretty easy IMO, if you follow the directions.

Good luck.

OF

It comes with a 2.4, right? I mean in no way to sound offensive at all, but I hope that I can figure out how to use it correctly within my first 200 to 400 times using it.
I understand there is a learning curve, but Im pretty quick on the draw. Ive observed videos, paid attention to just about every little detail I could absorb online, trying to be a well informed consumer. Ill figure it out, but I do appreciate and understand your concern on the subject. I just dont want to have to buy a 5 pack of 2.4's, and end up not getting the most bang for my buck, so to speak. Im on a budget at the moment, but like I said...I mean no offense.

I dont really dab much, infact probably only a handful of times. Not much in the way of oil around my parts, hence why I make my own, so the only "concentrate" equipment I can find in headshops around here are essentially useless for hash oil, be great if I were a methhead Im sure, but not really my thing.
Mostly only ever used it by means of making honeybud, or drying my oil to the point where its essentially amber and putting some ontop of herb. Its been awhile, so Im sure Ill be happy with the hits the O-Phos gives.

In your opinion, with a full gram, would you say you get close to the stated 200 to 400 hits?
And by stable, do you mean amber like, or the wax blonde color?

Thanks OF

Cheddartoes,

dankd420

Has anyone written a 'buyers guide' yet for wax/budder/etc? Locally the wax is almost aways in small sticker-sealed containers so its all by eye. Personally i go for texture first. After texture, assuming there are multiple comparable, i look for color. Prefer an amber over blonde, and blonde over anything else. Texture is a little harder to explain, but the pictures are roughly in order of what i would choose based on current experience with the persei.

1LHPR.png
oA4wm.png
0hRLA.png
GBryM.png

If it looks like this, keep looking elsewhere
Z2zYB.png

I'm sure everyone has their own way, i dont have a particularly large oil budget so i usually play it safe and get the same stuff. any comments/suggestions? There are also higher end waxes i didnt include, because my cap is usually at $35/g

Top Bottom