Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

dilvish

in hypno-vision
What rod are you using in your Hercules?I will be giving this a try. I have the evic vtc dual.

Thanks, Mike

i'm using the black rod (~0.8Ω). i've just consulted the evic vtc dual manual, and it says:
VT mode only supports a maximum of 1.5 ohm. The device will automatically switch to VW mode when the resistance is larger than 1.5 ohm.
i am not sure if that only applies when in dual battery mode, as the maximum resistance for my evic vtc mini (single battery) is 1Ω.
w9tech says the resistances for the rods are as follows: sr-71 white — 1.5Ω, sr-71 black — 0.8Ω, sr-74 white — 2.3Ω, sr74x black — 0.8Ω. it would seem that the black rod is the way to go.

dilvish,

slozukimc

i'm using the black rod (~0.8Ω). i've just consulted the evic vtc dual manual, and it says:

i am not sure if that only applies when in dual battery mode, as the maximum resistance for my evic vtc mini (single battery) is 1Ω.
w9tech says the resistances for the rods are as follows: sr-71 white — 1.5Ω, sr-71 black — 0.8Ω, sr-74 white — 2.3Ω, sr74x black — 0.8Ω. it would seem that the black rod is the way to go.
I put the .8 ohm rod in and set a tcr @135 and it seems to work well around 450. I will have to check the actual temps next time I clean the Herc. On second thought I can put that rod in my spare sr74x and check the rod temps empty with the infrared thermometer.
I believe you are correct on the dual battery. Mine kicks me out of tc over 1 ohm with one battery.

slozukimc,
Reactions: dilvish

dilvish

in hypno-vision
I put the .8 ohm rod in and set a tcr @135 and it seems to work well around 450. I will have to check the actual temps next time I clean the Herc. On second thought I can put that rod in my spare sr74x and check the rod temps empty with the infrared thermometer.
I believe you are correct on the dual battery. Mine kicks me out of tc over 1 ohm with one battery.
great that you got it working! i'd be very interested to know what your findings with the infrared thermometer are.

dilvish,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Would anyone here in FC land know of some good box mods to power the Hurcules Oil Cartridge? I'm asking because I don't own the Persei but wish I did. Please help out if you can, thank you.

ichibaneye,

jsnstanley

I recommend a mod with an Evolv ‘DNA’ using Escribe or a ‘Dicodes' board for proper TCR control.

jsnstanley,

r3dcell

Would anyone here in FC land know of some good box mods to power the Hurcules Oil Cartridge? I'm asking because I don't own the Persei but wish I did. Please help out if you can, thank you.

I have a pair of EVIC VTC mini's that I use, had great luck with them. I've also got ArticFox custom firmware on them. Decent mod and cheap.

r3dcell,

slozukimc

I have over a dozen Persei. I use the Herc SR71 with a touch button V5 around the house and on the Core at my desk. Works great.
However, I don't like the Persei to carry. I use an evic vtc dual with one battery most of the time and the dual setup if I need more capacity. It is much more pocket friendly but still way too tall. Makes the SR71 into an awesome hitting and tasting beast at 30watts and 480 degrees F and the .8ohm rod. Paired with the Nibbler XL I like it better than a dedicated rig.
A side loading mod makes it fit your pocket but I don't know anything about any of them. Been hoping @THC SCIENTIFIC would release the new Persei before I spend more on another mod.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have over a dozen Persei. I use the Herc SR71 with a touch button V5 around the house and on the Core at my desk. Works great.
However, I don't like the Persei to carry. I use an evic vtc dual with one battery most of the time and the dual setup if I need more capacity. It is much more pocket friendly but still way too tall. Makes the SR71 into an awesome hitting and tasting beast at 30watts and 480 degrees F and the .8ohm rod. Paired with the Nibbler XL I like it better than a dedicated rig.
A side loading mod makes it fit your pocket but I don't know anything about any of them. Been hoping @THC SCIENTIFIC would release the new Persei before I spend more on another mod.

This is the cleanest setup I've seen yet, via @mutten840

AE93FE52-72CD-45EF-9EB6-F6E1164092EA.jpg

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
High folks

How dies the herc flavor compare to omnicron or puff co plus? Because personally I find flavour quite poor on the omnicron but very good on the puff co plus ...

Just wondering how the herc compares to those pens on flavour

VapourHaze,

slozukimc

High folks

How dies the herc flavor compare to omnicron or puff co plus? Because personally I find flavour quite poor on the omnicron but very good on the puff co plus ...

Just wondering how the herc compares to those pens on flavour

The Herc tastes great through a whole gram load as long as you don't turn the power up too high and burn the oil.

I have owned the Puffco and have the Omicron V4 and I don't understand how you could say that the Puffco tastes better. Honestly, when used right, they both tasted about the same to me.

VapourHaze

The Herc tastes great through a whole gram load as long as you don't turn the power up too high and burn the oil.

I have owned the Puffco and have the Omicron V4 and I don't understand how you could say that the Puffco tastes better. Honestly, when used right, they both tasted about the same to me.

Interesting, I found the taste of omnicron very poor even with the newer coils. The old stale oil builds up and flavor degraded rapidly for me. Fresh loads in puff co plus was night and day for me.

I must experiment a bit more with the omni I think?

Thanks for your input

VapourHaze,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you have a box mod to run the atomizer in temperature control? How often are you cleaning? For a heavy (all day) user like myself I tend to need to do a cleaning every couple days, whether it's my Ti coils in my kiss cart, or the ceramic donut in my divine tribe.

slozukimc

Do you have a box mod to run the atomizer in temperature control? How often are you cleaning? For a heavy (all day) user like myself I tend to need to do a cleaning every couple days, whether it's my Ti coils in my kiss cart, or the ceramic donut in my divine tribe.

One more reason to own the Hercules. You can clean it after each gram or just toss more in and go. The mixed flavor for a few tokes is nice and then it tastes like the new oil.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
One more reason to own the Hercules. You can clean it after each gram or just toss more in and go. The mixed flavor for a few tokes is nice and then it tastes like the new oil.

Been thinking of just biting the bullet, they are really affordable. Im just waiting to see what the Triton is about.

VapourHaze

Yes have a box mod but not tc just vv and vw.

I get one nice rip from a new fresh coil than the flavour takes like reclaim, new fresh loads taste bad. I just dont see how good flaviur can be maintained with these coils (omnicron) as old oil builds up and affects the flavour.

Whereas with puff co style bowl you swab out old oil and new batch tastes amazing. I've tried the rods, donuts and Sirius and found the same from all of them. My pp atty broke do I've been u sing the omni quite a lot, I feel its a bit hyped up over here personally but thats just my opinion.

This is what concerns me when people say the herc retains the flavour, Im not sure I trust their judgment?

Anyway I have ordered one as the super stealth benefits are worth it to me. So I'll let you know my findings.

I

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes have a box mod but not tc just vv and vw.

I get one nice rip from a new fresh coil than the flavour takes like reclaim, new fresh loads taste bad. I just dont see how good flaviur can be maintained with these coils (omnicron) as old oil builds up and affects the flavour.

Whereas with puff co style bowl you swab out old oil and new batch tastes amazing. I've tried the rods, donuts and Sirius and found the same from all of them. My pp atty broke do I've been u sing the omni quite a lot, I feel its a bit hyped up over here personally but thats just my opinion.

This is what concerns me when people say the herc retains the flavour, Im not sure I trust their judgment?

Anyway I have ordered one as the super stealth benefits are worth it to me. So I'll let you know my findings.

The PuffCo uses a ceramic plate atomizer which is the same thing as a donut, just without the middle hole. I swab after every couple hits with a Q tip on my donut atomizer and it refreshes them well. Be interested to hear how the Herc works for you!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The PuffCo uses a ceramic plate atomizer which is the same thing as a donut, just without the middle hole. I swab after every couple hits with a Q tip on my donut atomizer and it refreshes them well. Be interested to hear how the Herc works for you!
The Puffco Plus he speaks of uses a ceramic cup atomizer. Ceramic plate atomizers just like donut atomizers can allow for reclaim to get underneath the heater. Being one to agree with @VapourHaze on the night/day difference between coiled atomizers and the puffco plus. I believe he has also tried donuts but from my experience donuts allow reclaim to build up underneath the donut and gather on the NI leads which also degrade along with the product each time it is overcooked. Even TC wont fix this because to get your oil to boil those wires have to be hotter than the temps were achieving for.

I am very interested in hearing more feedback about the Hercules from fellow flavor chasers. Now that its $40 cheaper I tend to think I will get one myself sooner than later. I am still looking for that ultimate no fuss portable device and the only thing that really ever seemed to concern me with the Herc was the cool down hits. Let us now how it goes for you @VapourHaze

Also hate to ask but are you sure you were using the Puffco Plus @slozukimc or was it perhaps the Puffco Pro? The Pro uses coils and I would expect it to taste very much like the omicron.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Puffco Plus he speaks of uses a ceramic cup atomizer. Ceramic plate atomizers just like donut atomizers can allow for reclaim to get underneath the heater. Being one to agree with @VapourHaze on the night/day difference between coiled atomizers and the puffco plus. I believe he has also tried donuts but from my experience donuts allow reclaim to build up underneath the donut and gather on the NI leads which also degrade along with the product each time it is overcooked. Even TC wont fix this because to get your oil to boil those wires have to be hotter than the temps were achieving for.

I am very interested in hearing more feedback about the Hercules from fellow flavor chasers. Now that its $40 cheaper I tend to think I will get one myself sooner than later. I am still looking for that ultimate no fuss portable device and the only thing that really ever seemed to concern me with the Herc was the cool down hits. Let us now how it goes for you @VapourHaze

Also hate to ask but are you sure you were using the Puffco Plus @slozukimc or was it perhaps the Puffco Pro? The Pro uses coils and I would expect it to taste very much like the omicron.

Didn't you post that the PuffCo Plus also builds up reclaim under the floor though? Or was it going in through the air holes? I remember you posted something about them.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Its from the air holes being too low and using runny Rosin. Rosin seems to run up the walls more as well as splatter more in comparison to the BHO crumble or wax I typically get. Rosin also leaves much more behind which we havr certainly discussed. I am learning to be more fruggle in my loading with Rosin but it can be harder to judge.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Its from the air holes being too low and using runny Rosin. Rosin seems to run up the walls more as well as splatter more in comparison to the BHO crumble or wax I typically get. Rosin also leaves much more behind which we havr certainly discussed. I am learning to be more fruggle in my loading with Rosin but it can be harder to judge.

As far as I know the Hercules is not ideal for runny concentrates, that's what has me interested in a heated cup. But the idea of not buying more replacement atomizers is also super appealing.

All in all, it doesn't take many replacement atomizers, from any company before a Herc would have been paid off. But I live in sunny SoCal so the cool down hits have always held me back too. I really need to just try one, I'm super interested in the Nibbler add on because personally I feel I get medicated a lot quicker when able to vape through water. I just can't take the same sized hits dry.

slozukimc

Yes. It was the Pro.

slozukimc,

slozukimc

As far as I know the Hercules is not ideal for runny concentrates, that's what has me interested in a heated cup. But the idea of not buying more replacement atomizers is also super appealing.

All in all, it doesn't take many replacement atomizers, from any company before a Herc would have been paid off. But I live in sunny SoCal so the cool down hits have always held me back too. I really need to just try one, I'm super interested in the Nibbler add on because personally I feel I get medicated a lot quicker when able to vape through water. I just can't take the same sized hits dry.
The Herc is not great for runny concentrates at all. It will run down inside it and be a sticky, goopy mess and you won't like it. For anything stable at room temp or so it is the shit.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The Herc is not great for runny concentrates at all. It will run down inside it and be a sticky, goopy mess and you won't like it. For anything stable at room temp or so it is the shit.

That's the debate is I use all consistencies of concentrate. Curiously to see what Triton has to offer.

Top Bottom