Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Just a heads up folks. I was on G's facebook page yesterday and saw that there is a 10% off coupon for purchases made on w9tech.com. I used the code "realone" and preordered my Okeanos. Total with shipping came out to only $69.99! :rockon:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Just a heads up folks. I was on G's facebook page yesterday and saw that there is a 10% off coupon for purchases made on w9tech.com. I used the code "realone" and preordered my Okeanos. Total with shipping came out to only $69.99! :rockon:

That's a mistake and I have to fix that the coupon should not work with pre orders.

The order is gonna get rejected in our verification dept.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
That's a mistake and I have to fix that the coupon should not work with pre orders.

The order is gonna get rejected in our verification dept.

Well that sucks because it was under a thumbnail of the Okeanos, hence I thought it was legit. :( I had cancelled my original preorder so I could reorder at the discounted price. I guess I should cancel that cancellation then?

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Just cleaned up the Herc(SR-71 model), and finally installed the BLACK ROD. Running it on a single Efest 1600 mAh 30A 18650. Critique to follow in a day or two.

exit

Oooh, the black rods might be nice with the lower resistance batteries i'm thinking!!!

exit,

Big Baby Jesus

The momentum is finally on our side. Carpe diem!
Hello everyone! I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to browsing/searching this thread the last few days, or searching the web, and would greatly appreciate some info.

First, what is the Isis? Is it that variable voltage top with the LED screen? If not, what is the variable voltage top thing called and why can't I find it for sale anywhere?

Secondly, what is the load as you go system that THC Scientific was talking about called? Did that ever materialize?

Lastly, there are the cartridges that came with my Persei, the KISS cartridges, and the Hercules. I know they're improvements over the original design, but what's the difference between the KISS and Hercules?

Thanks in advance for your input, and it may be brazen to make suggestions in a first time post, but since the Persei has so many different attachments, maybe this thread would benefit from subthreads for each attachment so info is easier to find?

Big Baby Jesus,

Caligula

Maximus
Hello everyone! I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to browsing/searching this thread the last few days, or searching the web, and would greatly appreciate some info.

First, what is the Isis? Is it that variable voltage top with the LED screen? If not, what is the variable voltage top thing called and why can't I find it for sale anywhere?

Secondly, what is the load as you go system that THC Scientific was talking about called? Did that ever materialize?

Lastly, there are the cartridges that came with my Persei, the KISS cartridges, and the Hercules. I know they're improvements over the original design, but what's the difference between the KISS and Hercules?

Thanks in advance for your input, and it may be brazen to make suggestions in a first time post, but since the Persei has so many different attachments, maybe this thread would benefit from subthreads for each attachment so info is easier to find?

1. The Iris was a variable voltage top. They no longer make it and youll never find a used one. They will make a version 2 later on, but IDK when.

2. The "load as you go" (LAYG) cart was renamed the "KISS" (keep it simple stupid) cart.

3. The KISS cart uses one dab sized amount of concentrate at a time, after which you reload and repeat. The Hercules is an entirely different animal. It can hold almost a full gram of concentrate and will product vapor clouds similar to nail dabs. It is also a lot more complicated to operate/maintain and it isn't nearly as conservative on your medication. Also, a KISS cart is ~$20 where as the Hercules is ~$100. Of course KISS carts are disposable, where as the Hercules should last almost forever.

ED421

Quick question gentlemen. I just got a 2.0ohm 3.7v KISS for my Persei. I've got an Ophos being delivered tomorrow. Can I use my Persei KISS cart on my Ophos? I suspect the answer is no, but I figured I'd make sure.

ED421,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Quick question gentlemen. I just got a 2.0ohm 3.7v KISS for my Persei. I've got an Ophos being delivered tomorrow. Can I use my Persei KISS cart on my Ophos? I suspect the answer is no, but I figured I'd make sure.

You can use it it's gonna just look weird without the skirt. But it's not going to damage anything other then eyes because it looks ugly.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
After a one night stand with the SR-71 and the black rod, I quickly hooked back up with the white rod. I can not see any circumstance where I will use the black rod or the 2 efset 3.7v 1600mAh 30A 18650's ever. Maybe if you dont mind mashing on a button forever to get a hit, the black rod would be for you. But I could get 2-3 huge rips from the white rod for all the effort it took to get just one hit from the black rod. I tried 2 efest batts and the 18650 that comes with the Persei kit, all fresh charged, with no change. Used the same coil(after cleaning of course) and same meds. Taste was a bit better but not when comparing the performance hit, IMO.
I liked my 3.7V TV dart wayy better than my standard 6V, but with W9, it seems my preference is a bit on the hotter side7.4V.
I've blown $XX in stupider ways so not the end of the world. In my experience, there is a night/day difference between these two rods that I didn't expect to be so drastic or seemingly lopsided performance-wise in one way or the other. Maybe I can trade it in for another white rod?!

Loved the way during cleanings how white you can get the ceramic rods, all mine looked brand new after cleaning.

@THC SCIENTIFIC ---Before you even say it, NOT an assembly issue here at all. If I can re-build a herc and white rod, trust that I did the same with the black one.:lol:

quote="THC SCIENTIFIC, post: 516181, member: 5240"]Ti GR2 Kiss carts are going up for pre order On New years eve. Big special going on.[/quote]

Is the "Big special" just the 2 items that are scheduled for release at the end of January or are you referencing that there will be a "Big special" for in-stock items as well?

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
IMG_20131231_025927_zpsb1b4dc0b.jpg

Git 'er dun

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
After a one night stand with the SR-71 and the black rod, I quickly hooked back up with the white rod. I can not see any circumstance where I will use the black rod or the 2 efset 3.7v 1600mAh 30A 18650's ever. Maybe if you dont mind mashing on a button forever to get a hit, the black rod would be for you. But I could get 2-3 huge rips from the white rod for all the effort it took to get just one hit from the black rod. I tried 2 efest batts and the 18650 that comes with the Persei kit, all fresh charged, with no change. Used the same coil(after cleaning of course) and same meds. Taste was a bit better but not when comparing the performance hit, IMO.
I liked my 3.7V TV dart wayy better than my standard 6V, but with W9, it seems my preference is a bit on the hotter side7.4V.
I've blown $XX in stupider ways so not the end of the world. In my experience, there is a night/day difference between these two rods that I didn't expect to be so drastic or seemingly lopsided performance-wise in one way or the other. Maybe I can trade it in for another white rod?!

Loved the way during cleanings how white you can get the ceramic rods, all mine looked brand new after cleaning.

@THC SCIENTIFIC ---Before you even say it, NOT an assembly issue here at all. If I can re-build a herc and white rod, trust that I did the same with the black one.:lol:n.
[/quote]
If the white rods for you than stick with it. Im sure the newer white rods will be even better! Its most likely technique related(i use similar but slightly different techniques with the two rods), not the batteries if your able to get decent hits out of it...ive only tried the AW 2000mah batteries with the black rod though... But from my experience, the first couple days are very frustrating with the black rod but once you get the hang of it, its a whole different experience. I dont have to jam on the button either, i get huge white rod sized hits off of my black rod and the taste is always amazing and never burnt...and it only takes a couple seconds longer (but not a noticable difference)to achieve the same results....

Ive posted my technique a few times already and its seemed to help others, but with the size of this thread who knows what pages theyed be on... It sounds like youve given up and switched back anyway so the point is probably moot

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Totally forgot about that! So basically you used some tube to mate it to the SR71?

Yeah the 3/8" inner diameter fits the sr71 ss cylinder nice and snug so the persei is able to hang but it's too wide for the utube so I slid about an inch of 3/8" od 1/4" id into an inch and a half of the larger tubing to make 1 piece of tubing that is an inch and a half long with 2 different inner diameters but the same outter diameter.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: syrupy
Top Bottom