Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I agree that the herc isn't pocket friendly. Though I may change my mind if I ever get to use it on my ss tube. Still working on rod issues with G at the moment. I love the portability of the kiss carts, but nothing compares to the herc for me.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: ataxian

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Runny oil in a kiss sounds like impending fail.
I had this problem with my Dabbler and the CO2 oil I got (it was for refilling carts and not "straight" CO2, my mistake), and figured out that the regular wick carts work better for holding the really runny oils than the ceramic carts. The downside to using such runny oils (this CO2 was similar to Pure Gold in consistency) is that I could really only load about a hit's worth. Won't be making that mistake again.

Caligula

Maximus
I had this problem with my Dabbler and the CO2 oil I got (it was for refilling carts and not "straight" CO2, my mistake), and figured out that the regular wick carts work better for holding the really runny oils than the ceramic carts. The downside to using such runny oils (this CO2 was similar to Pure Gold in consistency) is that I could really only load about a hit's worth. Won't be making that mistake again.

Bhahahaha! I just did that withs ome CO2 oil I got from NCR. Ended up tossing the cart.

Caligula,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Could always separate the persei and hrrcules. Makes it pretty pocketable.
Yeah I do. I have to do the same thing for it to fit in my to go kit. It just never fails that if I take it apart, I must then fux with the insulator screws. Granted I am pro at that now, and can even do it with just a pinky nail usually, but I would like to just throw it in my pocket with no fuss needed later. Maybe my new insulator bushings will fix this separation issue, but in the mean time the kiss on the shorty stealth tube is awesome. Perfect portable size IMO....very pocketable.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: Caligula

ED421

Two weeks ago I had: 0 W9tech products

Currently own: 1 Persei, 1 Ophos, 1 KISS (3.7v) and 1 of each ohm regular cart (kind if liking the 4ohm with 2 18350's)

Definitely buying soon: SR-74, more KISS carts (waiting for the new ones) and the Core

Lusting after and trying to justify to girlfriend: Nibbler, Okeanos, Bender

G - Let me know if there is any new products in the pipeline I'll be spending money on soon. Or if it's easier I can just give you my wallet now.

And one question for the collective peanut gallery. I've been searching this thread for details on cleaning and maintaining a KISS cart. At this point I don't plan on re-wiring it or anything like that, I'm mostly interested in keeping it clean. The only thing I've seen on this thread is to "give it an ISO bath". Does this mean the whole thing can be soaked in ISO or is this just referring to the top (mouthpiece) half? Can the bottom (cup and coil) half be soaked as well? If so, does it need to be taken apart or left as is? As always, I greatly appreciate the help and advice from those who've been there before me.

EDIT: I just found a pretty good run down by Caligula on how he cleaned his KISS carts. I knew it was in here somewhere, it was just a matter of ignoring my responsibilities all day to read this thread.

Last edited:
ED421,

masaki

Two weeks ago I had: 0 W9tech products

Currently own: 1 Persei, 1 Ophos, 1 KISS (3.7v) and 1 of each ohm regular cart (kind if liking the 4ohm with 2 18350's)

Definitely buying soon: SR-74, more KISS carts (waiting for the new ones) and the Core

Lusting after and trying to justify to girlfriend: Nibbler, Okeanos, Bender

G - Let me know if there is any new products in the pipeline I'll be spending money on soon. Or if it's easier I can just give you my wallet now.

And one question for the collective peanut gallery. I've been searching this thread for details on cleaning and maintaining a KISS cart. At this point I don't plan on re-wiring it or anything like that, I'm mostly interested in keeping it clean. The only thing I've seen on this thread is to "give it an ISO bath". Does this mean the whole thing can be soaked in ISO or is this just referring to the top (mouthpiece) half? Can the bottom (cup and coil) half be soaked as well? If so, does it need to be taken apart or left as is? As always, I greatly appreciate the help and advice from those who've been there before me.

You can dump the whole kiss cart in iso but I would advice you to break it down into the 3 pieces and let the kiss cart sit for how many hours you decide.
Then after just take out the pieces from the iso let it sit in a area where it can dry. I don't know if it's necessary but after I attach the coil part of the kiss to the persei and just burn off whatever left until the coil doesn't produce anymore vapor.

Caligula

Maximus
You can dump the whole kiss cart in iso but I would advice you to break it down into the 3 pieces and let the kiss cart sit for how many hours you decide.
Then after just take out the pieces from the iso let it sit in a area where it can dry. I don't know if it's necessary but after I attach the coil part of the kiss to the persei and just burn off whatever left until the coil doesn't produce anymore vapor.

I see no reason to do this. My KISS cart (my first and only KISS cart) is about 2 months old and has had easily over an eighth of concentrate run through it. All Ive ever done is soak the whole unit in iso (once a gram or so) and poke out the air holes in the base of the cart with a paperclip. Other than that, I use said paperclip to "dig up" stuck concentrate from the bottom of the ceramic bowl to put back up on the wick.

Seems to have worked well so far? Not sure I want to complicate that.

edit: and of course I do burn off sessions by dry running the thing after I clean it. Wick gets pretty white after all that.

mystikalghost

I see no reason to do this. My KISS cart (my first and only KISS cart) is about 2 months old and has had easily over an eighth of concentrate run through it. All Ive ever done is soak the whole unit in iso (once a gram or so) and poke out the air holes in the base of the cart with a paperclip. Other than that, I use said paperclip to "dig up" stuck concentrate from the bottom of the ceramic bowl to put back up on the wick.

Seems to have worked well so far? Not sure I want to complicate that.

edit: and of course I do burn off sessions by dry running the thing after I clean it. Wick gets pretty white after all that.

I just realized today that I could use a paperclip to dig out the stuff in the cup. That was fun to realize. I wouldn't risk taking the thing apart because somehow I would break it.

masaki

Think I just might pull the trigger on a core tonight. Can anyone show off some pics? & What voltage are u guys running your white rod on the herc?

masaki,

exit

More thoughts on running the HERCULES with 2x SONY 18650 (vs 2x AW 18350, 2x AW 18650)

Until I get a CORE i plan to only run my hercules on 2x Sony 18650VTC4!

With the AW 18650 x2, it heated a little fast than AW 18350 but definitely had better life. I could run it all day which was nice. I actually felt the same way about the Panasonic 2900mAh batteries.

However with the Sony 18650 they are a completely different beast.... The herc is very hot to the touch within about 5 minutes of constant vaping! Only a couple minutes from dry cold to being able to take out the mouthpiece and airflow filter with it ;)

About 20 minutes of passing around the Sony powered SR71 with friends, the Herc is as hot as if I had run two pairs of 18350s dry, and hits hard as a freshly loaded pair of 18350s!

Longstory short until I get a CORE I will be very glad I ordered 4 of the Sony batteries. They will be my main source of SR71 power.

I do not have magnets in there. They are just stacked one on top of another. I am much more careful about getting te position of the adjustable spring plate at the perfect height and applying the button top slowly to make sure it doesnt trigger on/off multiple times.

PS If my top has blown out in the past does that mean my spring fried too? have i been using my herc with a dead bottom spring lol?

california burrito

carne asada, french fries, sour cream and cheese
Hello, thanks to this forum I decided to buy a KISS cart and use with my G-Pen...my question is, how do I get it to vape well after the initial first hit when I've got my wax first packed in? The wax around the coil vapes immediately but you get the crumble on the sides that melt down. I can't seem to get a good hit after the first one?

Also the well seems pretty deep, maybe I need to really just pack it full? Thanks in advance...

california burrito,

california burrito

carne asada, french fries, sour cream and cheese
Damn, thanks for your help. I assumed it must have a deep well for a reason! Luckily I was using crumble and was able to recover most of it.

california burrito,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Hello, thanks to this forum I decided to buy a KISS cart and use with my G-Pen...my question is, how do I get it to vape well after the initial first hit when I've got my wax first packed in? The wax around the coil vapes immediately but you get the crumble on the sides that melt down. I can't seem to get a good hit after the first one?

Also the well seems pretty deep, maybe I need to really just pack it full? Thanks in advance...

The KISS cart is what's known as a "load as you go" style cart, which means that you load one hit at a time. Place only the amount you are looking to vape in one hit onto the coil.

EDIT: @Caligula beat me to it. Good luck!

Top Bottom