Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
Let me get Thai straight the short Core insert works with 4v with black rod and the long one doesn't Work at all? Or it doesn't work at 4v with the black rod?
Yes, they both work at 4 volts, but the long one blinks alot and flickers sometimes. Even at 3.7 volts. It seems like it's not getting the proper connection, but it must be bcuz it's plugged in properly and I'm using the tube that it came with. Lmk what to do, when ya can, and I'll check back in the morning. Thanks for your help.

Vapoholic420,
Reactions: ataxian

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
You have the exact model?

I'd rather be safe than sorry but then again if the persei top will take the hit and not blow up in my face if they separate then fine.

18650vtc4

Isn't the magnet for connectivity issues between the flat top (positive terminal) of the lower battery and the negative side of the upper battery? I always figured a magnet was used because a round piece of metal could slide around but a magnet will hopefully stay in place. I could be wrong ... please fill me in if there is some other safety application for it. I like my face :freak:

MileHighLife,

exit

18650vtc4

Isn't the magnet for connectivity issues between the flat top (positive terminal) of the lower battery and the negative side of the upper battery? I always figured a magnet was used because a round piece of metal could slide around but a magnet will hopefully stay in place. I could be wrong ... please fill me in if there is some other safety application for it. I like my face :freak:

Yeah that's exactly why. If they make enough contact on their own it should be fine, I would probably just keep them raised up a little higher than normal to keep them smashed together

I was googling and ended up on an ecig forum where someone said a penny or dime will work. I dunno about this either though.

I suppose if you haven't blown up they're safe to use in a Persei :tup:

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
For the flat top batteries, someone mentioned using a rubber o ring around the spacer. I felt then, and still do now, this is a smart man.

Just my thoughts...

=)

OF

You don't want the spacer touching the inside of the Persei tube if it gets knocked around or dropped. This is why magnets or solder are suggested. Also not all flat tops can stack without a spacer.

Excellent advice, as usual, with the exception of the soldering part. Soldering on flat top (or any battery) is definitely not recommended. In fact it's often specifically prohibited. Failures can happen as it's done (not good for the guy holding the soldering iron if he has a face near by......) or even randomly later if the seals fail. You always find solder tabs spot welded to batteries in packs for this reason, even experts under controlled conditions know this is not a safe thing to be doing. I don't believe we should be advising it?

For the flat top batteries, someone mentioned using a rubber o ring around the spacer. I felt then, and still do now, this is a smart man.

Just my thoughts...

Naw, he ain't all that smart. And that's more than just my thoughts on the matter......I know the guy really really well....... Most, I think, would say too well?

Thanks, glad you like the idea. Hard to be too safe around these guys I think. Having one go off in your hand would be a first class buzz kill. Even if it spared your Persei, your shorts might not fare as well?

Hopefully a 'short to tube' there would be saved by the collapsing safety spring in Persei. In that happy event all you'd need is a replacement spring and more caution next time. IMO an experiment best left for someone else?

OF

Caligula

Maximus
Oh I wasn't suggesting she solder the batteries. Obviously it takes a deft hand and some experience to do that and not damage/over heat the batteries. Sorry for not elaborating, it was a long day.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh I wasn't suggesting she solder the batteries. Obviously it takes a deft hand and some experience to do that and not damage/over heat the batteries. Sorry for not elaborating, it was a long day.
If I buy anymore batteries I will have too much to take care of!
This is only 12% of my Gear?

Caligula

Maximus
Id do that with my Mnke 18650s if I could. Be sure to let us know. Also I found u need to adjust the bottom plate higher than normal on flat tops otherwise the unit cuts out with the slightest bump.

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I would not use flat top batteries with the Persei.

The bottom adjustable screw has to be tightened more to make sure the bottom flat top makes contact with the tops bottom. The wrap during production sometimes doesnt allow this to happen so tightening the spring over comes this but at the same time negates the safety feature built inside the spring.

ED421

Hey Guys!
I've been lurking here a while and I've read a lot of this thread (incredible amounts of info from G, OF and many others). Anyways, I just received my Persei in the mail and I'm wondering if I made a big mistake in who I ordered it from. I read on Vaporpedia that PlanetVape was an authorized dealer. For some reason (possibly wax related) I got confused and ordered from VapeWorld instead. I think this may be an older model because it did not come with all the things listed on W9's site. Mainly it did not come with the double cartridge head and it only came with 2 18350's. I figured I'd turn to the collective experts for answers. Is this an older Persei? If so, is there anything important I need to know about it? Thanks to this thread I got it filled and working like a champ with a 5 ohm cart at 7.4v!

ED421,

Caligula

Maximus
I would not use flat top batteries with the Persei.

The bottom adjustable screw has to be tightened more to make sure the bottom flat top makes contact with the tops bottom. The wrap during production sometimes doesnt allow this to happen so tightening the spring over comes this but at the same time negates the safety feature built inside the spring.

Im talking a few MM above the threads on the Persei body. I did some measurements with a caliper and there is enough room for the spring to collapse and then some. Is there something else Im missing though?

Hey Guys!
I've been lurking here a while and I've read a lot of this thread (incredible amounts of info from G, OF and many others). Anyways, I just received my Persei in the mail and I'm wondering if I made a big mistake in who I ordered it from. I read on Vaporpedia that PlanetVape was an authorized dealer. For some reason (possibly wax related) I got confused and ordered from VapeWorld instead. I think this may be an older model because it did not come with all the things listed on W9's site. Mainly it did not come with the double cartridge head and it only came with 2 18350's. I figured I'd turn to the collective experts for answers. Is this an older Persei? If so, is there anything important I need to know about it? Thanks to this thread I got it filled and working like a champ with a 5 ohm cart at 7.4v!

FWIW, its actually the newer units that dont come with the double head. Does it say "Persei" under the button? If yes, then its new.

ED421

Caligula- Thanks for the info. It does say Persei under the button so it must be a new one. I don't particularly care about the double top I just wanted to know that it had the best electronics available. Now I'm just waiting for the SR-74 and okeanos like everyone else. I suspect W9's getting a lot of my $ soon. I just ordered the O-Phos for stealth!

Caligula

Maximus
My SS kit and KISS carts arrived today, along with my oil! :rockon: Looking forward to trying them out later. Have you guys been pulsing the button or simply mashing down?

Im assuming you have a 2.4 and not a 5ohm. Ive never used a 5, so if its a 5, disregard.

ANYWAY...

Depends on how much I load. I find for best conservation and flavor, I put a very small dab (like 0.1 maybe 0.2) on the coil then smash on it until I either feel that its mostly vaped off or I start getting any throat irritation (too hot). This is typically ~ 5-6 seconds.

For larger loads you will want to pulse but bot like and SR71. Letting off for a fraction of a second is good enough since the wire cools so quickly. Just note that with large loads you WILL get a lot of run-off into the ceramic cup which you will then need to get creative with to use.

Top Bottom