Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

StickyShisha2

my white rod has been working great so when ordering a kit for family, i added a black rod to the order to try out. I can't seem to get more than wispy hits from it. I will pick up a multi meter today and report back later.

oh crap, i just burned out the head on my persei. I'm now using the sr71 on the duel head.

what will need to send in? i don't want to be without a way to power my Herc. Can my Omi v2.5 power the black rod? What options do i have? or should i just buy a spare Persei before sending mine in?

StickyShisha2,

exit

oh crap, i just burned out the head on my persei. I'm now using the sr71 on the duel head.

what will need to send in? i don't want to be without a way to power my Herc. Can my Omi v2.5 power the black rod? What options do i have? or should i just buy a spare Persei before sending mine in?

Just be careful read your resistance and dont blow out the dual head too!!!

Buying a second persei is a great idea.... definitely doing that next time i blow a head!

PERSEI has become indispensable to me!

@ataxian You're all good buddy! nobodys perfect :p
You do awesome things with cars and bikes.
You'll get the hang of the DMM soon enough and be reading resistances like the pros!!! ;):D:lol:
Sorry to hear about your HERCULES! Jealous that you have BACKUPS when one fails I need that too!

Mad at myself for not buying a KISS sooner. Its been a sad long time w/o the herc! Two occassions I almost bought a KISS then didnt but I have money now there's no excuse! My repair bottom insulator will get here first though!

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
simple solution here.

First set your MM on

Then touch your to leads and see what it reads. Write that number down.

Then take the hercules cartridge and place the black lead on the threads and the red lead on the center pin like so. Take the reading. Now minus the previous reading you got with only touching the leads and you should have a correct reading.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just be careful read your resistance and dont blow out the dual head too!!!

Buying a second persei is a great idea.... definitely doing that next time i blow a head!

PERSEI has become indispensable to me!

@ataxian You're all good buddy! nobodys perfect :p
You do awesome things with cars and bikes.
You'll get the hang of the DMM soon enough and be reading resistances like the pros!!! ;):D:lol:
Sorry to hear about your HERCULES! Jealous that you have BACKUPS when one fails I need that too!

Mad at myself for not buying a KISS sooner. Its been a sad long time w/o the herc! Two occassions I almost bought a KISS then didnt but I have money now there's no excuse! My repair bottom insulator will get here first though!
I have extra PERSEI's.
Plus I have a spare HERCULES SR71.
However I'm afraid to F^ck it up!
The K.I.S.S. cart this week-end unless I get the courage to setup number 2?
The BIG stuff is easy!
It's the little gadgets I struggle with!
simple solution here.

First set your MM on
Then touch your to leads and see what it reads. Write that number down.
Then take the hercules cartridge and place the black lead on the threads and the read lead on the center pin like so. Take the reading. Now minus the previous reading you got with only touching the leads and you should have a correct reading.
I will not give up!

As soon as I figure what to do next I will buy a FLUKE.

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: exit

Bleed4Me

I LURK
Ok so my black rod problem is on the way to recovery. Love this company!

What did you do to fix it? I tried mine today and it's seems to be doing what yours and a couple of the other ones on here are doing. I tried it on an ego twist at 4.6 and it sizzled but no vapor. My ceramic rod has a bend in it like someone mentioned before, but it still gets warm...

Bleed4Me,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
only way to see if there is a bad batch of rods so let me test sleepinca's rod out ( sounds weird ) and ill let you know if this is the case of having bad batch of ceramic rods.
That's right......can't wait to get his hands on my rod. Lmfao. Sorry someone had to.

Still waiting on the stuff to arrive so I can ship out. Probably tomorrow.

Sleepin in CA,

Rhino420

only way to see if there is a bad batch of rods so let me test sleepinca's rod out ( sounds weird ) and ill let you know if this is the case of having bad batch of ceramic rods.

very interested in this, I feel as if my black rod has never not got as hot as need be... only ever got wispy hits.

-ryan

Rhino420,

tharealmclovin

image.jpg

lockie

Cut down the coil to where the rod is sticking out a little bit like you said to do.
Added another .4-.5g on top of coil, keeping away from the middle. Used 3 second on and off method and only got wispy hits with the Hercules, after a couple minutes, I take off the top and see pretty much nothing left on top, turn to open out the lower part and see that a lot of wax has leaked through.
Is there anyway to reduce the amount leaked and does anyone have advice on how to cleaning/saving whats left in the bottom part?

lockie,

itschad

I've loaded probably about a gram and a half onto my full coil so far and am getting reasonable hits with my black rod once it gets up to temperature i think. I can't tell if i need to load more or if my batteries just died on me last night.

Yay for being able to bring my pen into a rave ^_^

tharealmclovin

8 hours later...not so impressed. My purple KISS already died, 10 hits later. The black ones mouthpiece is so loose, it falls out. Looks like we have another issue. This is ridiculous. I should of just dabbed the oil. Seems like everything has a limited lifetime. WHat to do now??? Waste more money on carts????I dont think so until this is fixed. I will go back to the nail and hope I can get a replacement kiss. Too bad now my $20 cart will quickly turn into a $26 cart as long as having to waiting for another.

This was supposed to be the fail proof cart for noobs. 2 dabs worth later, I'm back to the nail. I guess the KISS will sit next to my Herc until we get a solution. Dont get me wrong the herc is great, but after using 5 grams of oil and still not getting hits everytime, im not as impressed anymore. I hope these can both go back into my arsenal, but for now its too questionable. I need consistency.

EDIT: AS TYPING THIS...THE BLACK ONE IS DEAD NOW TOO. COMPLETE BS. WERE THESE 5OHMS TESTED AT ALL???? NOT TO MENTION, WHEN I ORDERED, I HAD NO OHM CHOICE. I JUST CHOSE MY VAPE. I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE GOTTEN 2.4's.

2 DIFFERENT KISS CARTS ON 2 DIFFERENT PERSEIS BOTH FRIED BY 2 DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Last edited:
tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Atomsk

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
8 hours later...not so impressed. My purple KISS already died, 10 hits later. The black ones mouthpiece is so loose, it falls out. Looks like we have another issue. This is ridiculous. I should of just dabbed the oil. Seems like everything has a limited lifetime. WHat to do now??? Waste more money on carts????I dont think so until this is fixed. I will go back to the nail and hope I can get a replacement kiss. Too bad now my $20 cart will quickly turn into a $26 cart as long as having to waiting for another.

This was supposed to be the fail proof cart for noobs. 2 dabs worth later, I'm back to the nail. I guess the KISS will sit next to my Herc until we get a solution. Dont get me wrong the herc is great, but after using 5 grams of oil and still not getting hits everytime, im not as impressed anymore. I hope these can both go back into my arsenal, but for now its too questionable.

I pmed you to help !

Naomi

tharealmclovin

Naomi is gonna take care of this. i will keep everyone updated. Thank you for the fast response. This is why so many of us like W9Tech

Anyone else using 5ohm KiSS Carts??

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Caligula

itschad

Also, anyone else have consistent issues with 1.5ohm carts getting a bit gooped up in the air flow? I dont wanna say clogged because it's not like i need to 'pop' it every time or anything but theres definitely some air flow restrictions. Same oil works great in a 2.4

itschad,

zeek01

OK, so I think I got my black rod working. I kept adding oil to it and all of a sudden bam, it just tsrated producing hits. I was making a few mistakes that hopefully I can explain what I was doing wrong for the rest of you guys having problems. Maybe what I was doing is what you're doing. OK, first thing I did wrong was coil length. Like everyone says, you need to cut it, I cut mine down to 40, some say 20-30 works best for black rod but I dunno. Mines working fine at 40 so YMMV. Next mistake was the way I was hitting the herc. I read a page or two, or three back someone mentioned puffing it like a cigar until you start getting vapor and THEN starting to do a continuous slow draw. This was the golden ticket for me. Right when I started doing this, I have gotten awesome hits everytime. I think its honestlyjust a case of multiple little things that normally dont cause issues, combining for a bad experience. Hope that helps some of the Black Rod ploblem children like me. heh, G, Im still interested to hear about these bent b;acl rods, and if there could possibly be a bad batch because I still have a second black rod I havent gotten working, then again I havent tried it since I got this one working.

itschad

Will I potentially damage my black rod if I run it at 7.4v?

If not, is running it this way a good medium between the white rod and black @ 3.7v?

itschad,
Top Bottom