Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Hedonismbot

Will I potentially damage my black rod if I run it at 7.4v?

If not, is running it this way a good medium between the white rod and black @ 3.7v?

Don't do it! The black rod is 0.8 ohms, trying to run it at 8 volts (2 freshly charged batteries) would require 10 amps of current and 80 watts of power! You'll probably either trip some protection mechanism or burn something out.

Hedo

edit: Oops. I see G already answered.

itschad

the black rod cant go more then 4.0v on the core. On batteries if you run the black rod at 7.4v you risk your batteries venting and breaking the persei.
Don't do it! The black rod is 0.8 ohms, trying to run it at 8 volts (2 freshly charged batteries) would require 10 amps of current and 80 watts of power! You'll probably either trip some protection mechanism or burn something out.

Hedo
Roger that, thanks guys!

In other news, I tried to pull my oil coil out to weigh it and have managed to stretch it out to a good 8 inches....oops.

At least its nice and sticky so it squishes right back down nicely. Do you guys have luck removing the coil using the handles once it's been loaded?

itschad,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC got the purple top today, but there was no return shipping label. Smh. Lol. I'm gonna cover the shipping on it, least I can do for the testing and help, but I may not make the post office until Monday. One thing to note however, the invoice lists a shipping label to be included...but it was not. You probably have a prepaid label floating around that you are going to need to void, or get credited for. =)

Sleepin

@itschad next time apply a small amount of heat before pulling it out. Hold the button for a sec or two. That sucker will slide right out. Also I remove the handle before use. Use the cleaning tools pokey end to hook it and slide out.

Caligula

Maximus
Roger that, thanks guys!

In other news, I tried to pull my oil coil out to weigh it and have managed to stretch it out to a good 8 inches....oops.

At least its nice and sticky so it squishes right back down nicely. Do you guys have luck removing the coil using the handles once it's been loaded?
Heat it first. It won't stick.

Caligula,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC dude major problem bro. Took the new top out of the plastic and the bottom fell out! Should I just shove it back in?

Ok it won't shove back in anyway.

Sleepin in CA,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC dude major problem bro. Took the new top out of the plastic and the bottom fell out! Should I just shove it back in?

Ok it won't shove back in anyway.

This is literally the worst day of my life. Never has this shipping department fucked up so bad as this time. Wait no no at least oh never mind ill have it fixed bro.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
This is literally the worst day of my life. Never has this shipping department fucked up so bad as this time. Wait no no at least oh never mind ill have it fixed bro.

Dude just know I'm not angry. Take your time, as long as I end up with a working purple top in the end.....I'll be stoked. My persei has a top for now....even if it's black lol.

Just let me know what you need me to do with the broken one that got sent out. Oh and I filed a ticket earlier too. Not being a Dick....Just wasn't sure if you were around today.

Also, sorry you're having a bad day man.

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Dude just know I'm not angry. Take your time, as long as I end up with a working purple top in the end.....I'll be stoked. My persei has a top for now....even if it's black lol.

Just let me know what you need me to do with the broken one that got sent out. Oh and I filed a ticket earlier too. Not being a Dick....Just wasn't sure if you were around today.

always around on FC. and i know your not upset i am. Just cant find a good shipper it seems that everyone has some sort of deficiency.

It will be fixed monday for sure just pm me your info so i make sure its going out as im going to do it myself.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
always around on FC. and i know your not upset i am. Just cant find a good shipper it seems that everyone has some sort of deficiency.

It will be fixed monday for sure just pm me your info so i make sure its going out as im going to do it myself.

Ok sent it in a private convo. Hope that's what you wanted.

As for shipping, dude I totally know what you mean. I used to manage a couple shipping warehouses for a few companies.... it's a bitch to find good people to work with. Major headaches at times.

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
image.jpg
That BLUE PERSEI is EYE CANDY!
Naomi is gonna take care of this. i will keep everyone updated. Thank you for the fast response. This is why so many of us like W9Tech

Anyone else using 5ohm KiSS Carts??
I keep loading my K.I.S.S. cart with SHATTER.
Complete ABUSE.
Hit on this cart way too much. (Over medicating)
I have a RED one however need a CHROME & BLACK one.

One of my strains must be way to powerful?
COLORS are so appealing!

lockie

I would still cut it down. Full coils are for oils that are more liquid like pure gold. Heat the top cart so the coil is unglued and pull it out. User dykes or large scissors and cut the coil so it a bit below the rod when inserted. Just measure without a coil with a toothpick...

Make sure the top SS piece is fully set in the top SS tube. Back off the screen retainer in the mouth piece a half or full turn before screwing it in. It will mate against the SS top piece and hold it down.

Hold it upright, hit the power and start draw. After say 5-6 seconds release power and continue draw for another 6 seconds or until cooler.

Lay horizontal to store.

With the coil and thick oil it is handled different than herb because it flows and leaks...
Just reread that again today and forgot to mention, is the top SS piece necessary? I lost that during my first usage of the Hercules when I was emptying out my first herb load in a field of rocks at night, it was a lost cause looking for it :3 Is there anyway to purchase a spare? I don't see anything on the website about that.
Still not sure what I'm doing wrong though, the coil is cut to where the rod is sticking out a little bit, more wax was added and I just keep getting whispy hits with the 7.4 White Rod using the Cigar pulling method for start up and then going for longer pulls once it starts getting heated up. Plenty of wax has leaked through as well, would it matter if I leave it like that until I continue to try and use up most of wax I've loaded?

Last edited:
lockie,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Just reread that again today and forgot to mention, is the top SS piece necessary? I lost that during my first usage of the Hercules when I was emptying out my first herb load in a field of rocks at night, it was a lost cause looking for it :3 Is there anyway to purchase a spare? I don't see anything on the website about that.
Still not sure what I'm doing wrong though, the coil is cut to where the rod is sticking out a little bit, more wax was added and I just keep getting whispy hits with the 7.4 White Rod using the Cigar pulling method for start up and then going for longer pulls once it starts getting heated up. Plenty of wax has leaked through as well, would it matter if I leave it like that until I continue to try and use up most of wax I've loaded?

That stainless steel cap that you lost is extremely necessary. Without it, their is an airflow problem and your concentrate may get hot but you can get little to no vapor. Definitely order a spare one and you should notice a world of difference. Good luck!

EDIT: This was an extremely common problem that was originally remedied by UP Tech including a small washer with the SR-71. They then specially designed the stainless steel cap which replaced the washer.

exit

Just got my repair SR71 parts back today hell yeah!

Can't wait to get HERC'in again!

Also thank you very much to those who wrote top cap installation instructions. Was definitely anything BUT obvious just be seeing it ;)

I Also can't stop running into situations where I wish I had a kiss cart. The universe is making fun of me for not buying one yet. Must be the same with the universe laughing at me for not having money for VXC IGG while it was active.. But that's a different story.

Okay I bought a KISS cart finally! Why did I wait until I got my Herc stuff back to get one :doh::doh::doh:

Edit #5000: Wow the new top cap that replaces the washer is seriously a huge improvement. Feels like the mouthpiece just fits on so much better now. Got fat clouds off my very 2 first hits as well. God I missed the Herc. Why didn't I buy a KISS sooner? Nobody will ever know.

Last edited:

StickyShisha2

oh crap, now after burning out the regular head a few days ago, i have been using the double head with my sr71.
Now the bottom spring collapsed and battery looks messed up (and hot)

i didn't even finish placing an order for a KISS to keep my running when i send in my first head but now i have nothing to use other than a nail with torch.

StickyShisha2,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
oh crap, now after burning out the regular head a few days ago, i have been using the double head with my sr71.
Now the bottom spring collapsed and battery looks messed up (and hot)

i didn't even finish placing an order for a KISS to keep my running when i send in my first head but now i have nothing to use other than a nail with torch.

That sucks! If your batteries are bad, you can get super cheap AW batteries at roarvapor.com. I pay like $7.50 each.

Also, have you verified your sr71 setup? I'm wondering if you're shorting at a connection point.

As for the spring.....how tight are you making those batteries?

Sleepin in CA,

exit

ahaha my problem not yours wouldn't you think? ;):D:p

ok uhhh dumb question though...
how you supposed to take the top cap?

best solution i found so far is hit it a few times and then you can pry it out :p
bent a metal wax pick trying to get it out! :o:lol:
i guess maybe i should get in the habit of removing it when im done with my sessions!!!

oh and i just hit the Hercules SR71 out of my bong for the FIRST time ever, with my custom made oregon glass blower 18 to 14 with an extra inch on the 18mm side, the herc and persei sit inside it so nicely. hits like a fuckin monster building up hits like that :love:

Last edited:
exit,

exit

Please show and tell.

If you are referring to the top cap I realized what I was doing. I had it pushed down into the chamber and it just got stuck with all the other wax in there obviously. It just makes sense to take it out so it doesn't get stuck in there due to the residue.

If you are referring to the water setup... well sorry it doesn't look as good as it could because my webcam is from 1996 It doesn't really pick up having clouds blown at it well....

it really started hitting thick at the end as you can see cause that was straight up from cold but w/e

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
ok uhhh dumb question though...
how you supposed to take the top cap?

best solution i found so far is hit it a few times and then you can pry it out :p
bent a metal wax pick trying to get it out! :o:lol:
i guess maybe i should get in the habit of removing it when im done with my sessions!!!

Removing it immediately after use is definitely the best way to remove the stainless steel cap.

kindbeats,

exit

Getting the extra inch on the 18 to 14 is key. The Persei+SR71 combo can sit in there without any issues,definitely no worries of it falling out or anything. Even more fun than hitting it like a pen! When you get the chamber all filled up and clear it :o

I need a Core~!

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I apologize about the length and angered content of some of my previous posts. I don't warrant that they were unsolicited, however, outbreaks of rage on a forum meant for intelligent discussion are never great.

I am happy to report that I have an enormously consistent daily driver now, and that the problems I'll face in the future with W9 will be less harried now that the Persei isn't the device I rely on.

Enormously sad to see the state of the KISS carts. Was just about to order one when I read a few experiences. I'd love to see these things kicking ass soon, and being exactly as described. Fool-proof devices that don't work sound like a bigger pain in the ass than my Hercules.

Speaking of...
@THC SCIENTIFIC Wasn't able to come up to LA due to the hurricane in the Philippines affecting my family. Just gonna ship it when I have time. Do you want just the Persei and the Hercules or did you also need my batteries and the bottom plate spring of the SS kit?

Top Bottom