Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
AW IMR 18650's are your best bet.
I have 3 sets fully charged.
Stay away from TRUST FIRES (short life)

The COIL is what I really need!
I also like the Efest brand 18350s. Not because they are amazing but because they only cost $7 a pair and they compare well to my AW 18350s.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I also like the Efest brand 18350s. Not because they are amazing but because they only cost $7 a pair and they compare well to my AW 18350s.
If thats the case, DON'T order them from 101vape.com, they charged me $6 and change for each Efest 18350. Weird cause their 18650s were priced very fair that's why I chose to buy there.

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Was wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the argument between him and Blazing OG because BOG is banned as well.:shrug:

We do not normally comment on bans, and discussing moderator decisions is against the rules. To put a stop to further discussion, I'll make an exception here and confirm your speculation. The ban is three days. Any further posts along this line this will be deleted and could result in warnings issued.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Brotha trust me im trying my best but your asking us to exchange a double top to a single top i cant do that. Because it opens a whole world of exchanging out tops now.

As for the rest im trying to isolate exactly what the cause is, not all the tops have this issue some dont have any issues but it could be a batch of tops that had the flaw.

We cant fix a problem we dont know whats causing it. Hope you understand as for customer service im here trying every day please dont say your having a horrible experience when im trying my hardest.
I totally understand the exchange thing, i even said in my OP that i knew it was a long shot and I totally understand. What im more upset about is that I told them that you were working on the issue and a solution and asked if I could just purchase a new single top instead of having to wait a few months for a solution...and their response was no you cant buy an individual top but youcdan mail yours back and we can look at it...

Even though i already know from you they cant fix it yet and i already told them this multiple times

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Bleed4Me

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Rod size issue - maybe wrap a small piece of foil on the contact of the rod to increase the size a little? add some solder? use a single thread of small wire and wrap around the contact area.

In all this don’t short it to the bottom contact. solder would be best cause its attached solid

Thank’s G for the core info. I will give them a shot - sounds similar in control as a VMOD. I am planning on catching up with Bob next week and if he has not seen it yet, I'll bring it for him to check out to. I have a new digital d-nail and a few pipes to share with him anyway and I owe him a torch :)

Me and my SR-71 are flying over to the coast for a night - see ya.
hope ya got there and back safe!

Bleed4Me

I LURK
I totally understand the exchange thing, i even said in my OP that i knew it was a long shot and I totally understand. What im more upset about is that I told them that you were working on the issue and a solution and asked if I could just purchase a new single top instead of having to wait a few months for a solution...and their response was no you cant buy an individual top but youcdan mail yours back and we can look at it...

Even though i already know from you they cant fix it yet and i already told them this multiple times

I am not a mud slinger by any means. But I sort of had the same concern/problem. I was told to ship my top in for an exchange, but no option to by another one. Granted, mine came apart because the insert was hot from use, it stuck to the bottom of the Hercules, and it came apart. User error/design error? Both? Not a big issue. And I am grateful the offer to replace is is there. But no option to buy one for spare is a legit concern to me. I purchased a Persei and Hercules combo. I don't use anything else. So if your top goes out, your down for at least a week. My top came apart about 2 or 3 days ago. My hercules is literally being held on by electrical tape, and I can't buy a top. My honest thought was that W9 should replace that double top with a spare single top. Especially for the guys running the "flagship" of what they offer in terms of oil carts. I kind of felt like I was dropped on my ass with all this KISS and laYg cart stuff coming out. I read it was the choice of marketing to pursue those carts, and by all means, best of luck.

I spent a good couple hours soldering mine back together and trust me, bring a bottle of patience and your surgeon hands to get that thing together. It was BRUTAL!!! lol

To add to that, I have put more than an ounce of oil through my Herc and it's a beast. I haven't had ANY of the problems I have read about. As a matter of fact, mine is taped together and dangling and still throws out obnoxious clouds. I go through two sets of batteries a day. I use the W9 provided ones, AW 18350's, and Efest 18350's and have not had a problem with any of them. I would recommend you get a pair of different brands because they all are a little different sized and they will force you to adjust the spring and you can check the spring on the bottom while you do that.

I don't even think the coils were the reason for the bad taste. I think running oils over anything after a while is gonna build up and give a bad taste. I am curious to see if the TI coils will make a diff. My thought is the will taste the same after using them too. You will just be able to fire them up with a torch to clean them. And that is where my frustration sits. Cool ideas, solid products. Shit, the manufacturer lurks this site and pretty much ansers your question the same day. And that is really cool. But not being able to purchase a spare part for the amount of money I spent on it is confusing to say the least...

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I don't think you sound like a mudslinger at all. You bring up a valid point of replacemment part availability. For many who rely on this for medicating, a few days downtime can be crucial. However, I never read anything in my warranty that states I will have zero downtime with this device. It would be nice to be able to buy single extra top, but I don't think they are putting the screws to us by not having that choice at this time. I feel your pain because I wouldn't want to be without my Persei/Herc for a minute.
Could W9Tech handle it differently, maybe. Are they out of line the way they are handling it, I don't think so.:2c:

Bleed4Me

I LURK
I don't think you sound like a mudslinger at all. You bring up a valid point of replacemment part availability. For many who rely on this for medicating, a few days downtime can be crucial. However, I never read anything in my warranty that states I will have zero downtime with this device. It would be nice to be able to buy single extra top, but I don't think they are putting the screws to us by not having that choice at this time. I feel your pain because I wouldn't want to be without my Persei/Herc for a minute.
Could W9Tech handle it differently, maybe. Are they out of line the way they are handling it, I don't think so.:2c:

I don't think they are out of line. I just think it would seal the deal with this rig. I bet if that top was available, W9 would sell a boat load. lol. I would probably get two. If you have this rig, it just makes sense. The only thing I can think of, and it is a legit reason in my eyes, is there is something wrong with the tops and they don't want to ship any faulty stuff out. But I'm telling the truth when i say mine had been USED and has been heated and banged around be my "fixing" it, and it hasn't shorted and is balls to the wall. I'm just afraid to screw it all the way in.

I own a higher end vehicle and it is the same situation in ways. And speaking of the manual, it even likens the performance of the Persei to a race car. And for all intents and purposes it is. My car has a warranty. I wouldn't have bought that POS without one because it is in the shop ALOT. But they always fix it fast and have everything they need. It's a twin turbo so it goes down. That's the name of the game. It doesn't say that in the manual that it's gonna break down either. It's kind of a given. But I'll be damned if they ALWAYS have the stuff to fix it. And if you don't have a warranty, they STILL have the parts for you to fix what needs to be fixed. At a crazy cost, but it's there if you need it. Like I said, I'm not slinging mud. It would just enhance the experience of owning a higher end product.

Not trying to start fires....

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
hope ya got there and back safe!
we be - sunny at home, foggy as hell at the coast. Why the heck did I go there...
The SR-71 took care of my mood though...

Weighting in on having extra tops to be available - I think that would be a good thing to have spares. I bought an extra Persei just for that, . I depend on this baby and need backup.

Last edited:

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Weighting in on having extra tops to be available - I think that would be a good thing to have spares. I bought an extra Persei just for that, . I depend on this baby and need backup.

Same here. I got the silver unit for $120 as a backup... I hope I will never need it, but I have endured the shipping wait for a replacement unit before and I never want to go through that again without herc rips to console me.

OF

I bought an extra Persei just for that, . I depend on this baby and need backup.
Same here. I got the silver unit for $120 as a backup... I hope I will never need it, but I have endured the shipping wait for a replacement unit before and I never want to go through that again without herc rips to console me.

You should always have a back up for mission critical gear......or be willing to accept mission failure. Even airplanes have mechanical failures.

The time to get it is before you need it, of course. IMO everyone should have a MFLB, VG of some sort, Vapman (a personal fav) or similar and a stash of bud to fall back on.....blazing is not an acceptable option...

OF

Caligula

Maximus
IMO the reason why they don't have individual tops for sale is to prevent people from buying that and and SS kit which would essentially give you a Persei for less than MSRP, unless UP tech sold the heads for some astronaumical amount. But I do agree a better option needs to be available. Perhaps a cross shipping program where they take a valid CC as collateral to assure you send the defective unit within a specified time frame (48 hours or so)... while in the meantime they ship a replacement. That way my part ships as soon as they put a hold on my CC for x amount and if I fail to send the old part, UP tech just charges me full price for the new part. Its win win.

Shit, I do that with PC parts all the time.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I own a higher end vehicle and it is the same situation in ways. And speaking of the manual, it even likens the performance of the Persei to a race car. And for all intents and purposes it is. My car has a warranty. I wouldn't have bought that POS without one because it is in the shop ALOT. But they always fix it fast and have everything they need. It's a twin turbo so it goes down. That's the name of the game. It doesn't say that in the manual that it's gonna break down either. It's kind of a given. But I'll be damned if they ALWAYS have the stuff to fix it. And if you don't have a warranty, they STILL have the parts for you to fix what needs to be fixed. At a crazy cost, but it's there if you need it. Like I said, I'm not slinging mud. It would just enhance the experience of owning a higher end product.

Not trying to start fires....

WELCOME to the fun!

I have recommended many vaporist to own a PERSEI in their quivers.
People may think I'm crazy because I love the fit and finish of my W9 TECH DEVICES.

W9 TECH helps me medicate the way I like!

Caligula

Maximus
Looks like you have some expensive toys. What model jag and how many HP are those inboards pushing?

Caligula,

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
[quote="Mynameismud, post: 478435, member: 8679"... asked if I could just purchase a new single top instead of having to wait a few months for a solution[/quote]

I know this is probably not exactly perfect for you guys, but w-9 used to sell The hammer rod that comes with the Bender seperately (no Bender), and include a single top with it for around $70, and it comes with a Persei single top!! the only difference that I can see is that it is click on/ click off rather than a hold-down button (perfect for the herc IMO).
I don't see this on the w-9 website now, but puffitup and a few other distributors still carry it for around $80. Link: http://www.puffitup.com/The-Hammer-For-Persei-Matte-Black-p/perseiblackhammer.htm
Planet vape link for Canadians http://www.planetvape.ca/the-hammer-for-persei.html
I know it's not the exact thing you want, but maybe it could be a workable compromise for you.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
IMO the reason why they don't have individual tops for sale is to prevent people from buying that and and SS kit which would essentially give you a Persei for less than MSRP, unless UP tech sold the heads for some astronaumical amount. But I do agree a better option needs to be available. Perhaps a cross shipping program where they take a valid CC as collateral to assure you send the defective unit within a specified time frame (48 hours or so)... while in the meantime they ship a replacement. That way my part ships as soon as they put a hold on my CC for x amount and if I fail to send the old part, UP tech just charges me full price for the new part. Its win win.

Shit, I do that with PC parts all the time.

Im thinking the same thing after getting the responses Ive gotten from support. I get that people could just buy a top and SS kit for less than a persei. But that also instantly rules out the 7.4V. Also, whenever the iris is released someone can just buy an Iris and SS kit anyway. I was really trying to hold out for the Iris but my top has gotten to the point where i always have to look at the button In order to make sure its actually working which has gotten quite annoying especially in public. And it seems the issue always comes up whenever i pass it to someone.

What frustrates me more is the responses ive gotten make me feel like they didnt even read my messages. Yes the messages were polite and all, but i got no explanations or reasons why and it ended with I can mail my cart back for them to look at(even though i told them multiple times i already spoke with G and they cant fix it yet)

You should always have a back up for mission critical gear......or be willing to accept mission failure. Even airplanes have mechanical failures.

The time to get it is before you need it, of course. IMO everyone should have a MFLB, VG of some sort, Vapman (a personal fav) or similar and a stash of bud to fall back on.....blazing is not an acceptable option...

OF

Oh yes. My backup(Cera) is a little more expensive and maybe tempremental (not so much anymore?)than those options. But its so nice to have

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
[quote="Mynameismud, post: 478435, member: 8679"... asked if I could just purchase a new single top instead of having to wait a few months for a solution

I know this is probably not exactly perfect for you guys, but w-9 used to sell The hammer rod that comes with the Bender seperately (no Bender), and include a single top with it for around $70, and it comes with a Persei single top!! the only difference that I can see is that it is click on/ click off rather than a hold-down button (perfect for the herc IMO).
I don't see this on the w-9 website now, but puffitup and a few other distributors still carry it for around $80. Link: http://www.puffitup.com/The-Hammer-For-Persei-Matte-Black-p/perseiblackhammer.htm
Planet vape link for Canadians http://www.planetvape.ca/the-hammer-for-persei.html
I know it's not the exact thing you want, but maybe it could be a workable compromise for you.

Hey thanks for the help. @THC SCIENTIFIC reached out to me and is making things right. He is seriously the best person ive ever dealt with in the vape industry. Just makes me wish someone like him was over in or in charge of support. But then we wouldnt have all these cool toys to play with

EDIT: i just wanted to say that I was thinking it over, and i Dont really think that buying a single top and SS kit seperately would be any cheaper than just buying the persei. So there goes that argument...of course this is all speculation, but if the single top costs 50-60 dollars, $39.99 for a SS kit, then another 10-20$ for a battery/batteries and $15 dollars for a charger, and lets say 1 omicron cartridge your at around 140-150$ and still cant do 7.4V

Last edited:

itschad

Bout to buy an SR71 from someone off of the classifieds and it looks like he's got the white rod with it, and has already cut one of the oil coils in half.

How much oil are you guys putting on your coils that have been cut? And how long do you usually need to hold your button down for vapor production to get kicking with that rod?

Any usage warnings?

itschad,

Caligula

Maximus
Bout to buy an SR71 from someone off of the classifieds and it looks like he's got the white rod with it, and has already cut one of the oil coils in half.

How much oil are you guys putting on your coils that have been cut? And how long do you usually need to hold your button down for vapor production to get kicking with that rod?

Any usage warnings?

Proper coil length depends on the type of concentrate. The more stable the concentrate the shorter the coil should be. I found 30 to 40% of the original length works best most of the time.

An uncut coil will hold 0.5g in its buffer and theoretically another 0.5 on top of that. Obviously these numbers go down if you cut the coil. But each coil is a bit different so YMMV.

Takes about 3 to 4 seconds to get massive vapor from a cold dead start.

Have W9 tech walk you through assembly when you first get the unit. Also buy a cheap digital multimeter. It'll help track down any future issues.

Top Bottom