Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
At the show in Denver . First glimpse at the color LAyG carts.
1F0D637C-80EB-4ECF-BB11-6BF10CDD2A53-519-000000A0AE8E31BA_zps2dc08259.jpg

masaki

Can anyone help me out... Do the ss kit for persei fit a 7v setup so I can use my bender with a shorter tube? I doubt it after reading the description but I need to ask. Also do hammer tops come in teal or is it silver and black only..

thevaf

Can anyone help me out... Do the ss kit for persei fit a 7v setup so I can use my bender with a shorter tube? I doubt it after reading the description but I need to ask. Also do hammer tops come in teal or is it silver and black only..

You are not supposed to use the SS kit with a 7.4v setup. Even though it fits, there is not enough room for the hot spring to engage if needed and disconnect the batteries. Thus you run a risk of venting the batteries if there is a short that the Persei top cannot handle.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
In the meantime, would you say it's safe to try and put the o-ring on the body of the Herc instead?

Photorider is correct it will just roll off.

But I keep testing nibbler xl's and I have no issues. But real world is different I know so we are trying to make it more user friendly.

@PhotoRider

You have been sent 2 cores with out instruction.

Pretty simple you'll figure it out.

One thing is once you select the voltage the LCD back light goes out it means it's locked.

You have to press the + and - at the same time for a few seconds to unlock it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
safe sure, what could happen out that lack of seal or the o-ring just slides down - i.e. the same thing
Photorider is correct it will just roll off.

But I keep testing nibbler xl's and I have no issues. But real world is different I know so we are trying to make it more user friendly.

@PhotoRider

You have been sent 2 cores with out instruction.

Pretty simple you'll figure it out.

One thing is once you select the voltage the LCD back light goes out it means it's locked.

You have to press the + and - at the same time for a few seconds to unlock it.

Yeah, I realized that as soon as I posted the stupid question. :doh:

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah, I realized that as soon as I posted the stupid question. :doh:

No stupid question just stupid answers.

On a side note I just found out my dubious engineer is testing ejuice with the Herc. Fine tuning it. Interesting things lay ahead.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: kindbeats

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
G - is the black rod slightly thicker in diameter than the white rod?

After using my black rod for a week I decided to switch it out with the white rod, but I noticed that the 4 pronged tube that screws into the ss base which 'holds' the rod has expanded to the point that the white rod just slides right in. There is no contact between the prongs and the base of the rod because the tube has expanded (heat?).

I reheated the pronged tube and squeezed it back tightly together so that it can make contact with the white rod and I am back in business. I just wanted to bring this to your attention and see if anyone else has had this issue.

I have the same issue. I got the black rod before its release so i thought that was the issue, but itsd efinitely expanded the center pin and it barely holds the white rod now. Dont know how to fix it though...

Also, when i opened it up the second chamber, rod, center pin, nut were covered in oil. I was going at it pretty hard trying to get the shatter to melt into the coil and was also standing it upright and not cooling it down. Not sure which of the reasons or if all of them were the cause of the leak, but ill try cooling it down and still store it up right and see if that helps. This is the first leak ive had with the black rod since ive gotten it though and its definitely my fault so i cant be mad

@THC SCIENTIFIC any word on when the replacement herc sections will be available for purchase?

Redundancy is our specialty. Take a look at the Core with the Iris. :-) Everyone is always happy is our goal.

Also any ETA on the Iris? Im dying to get one!!!

Mynameismud,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I have the same issue. I got the black rod before its release so i thought that was the issue, but itsd efinitely expanded the center pin and it barely holds the white rod now. Dont know how to fix it though...

@THC SCIENTIFIC any word on when the replacement herc sections will be available for purchase?

Also any ETA on the Iris? Im dying to get one!!!

Can I see the part your talking about specifically?

Iris still in the works.

Replacement Herc pcs needs time as we have a few things we need push out first.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Rod size issue - maybe wrap a small piece of foil on the contact of the rod to increase the size a little? add some solder? use a single thread of small wire and wrap around the contact area.

In all this don’t short it to the bottom contact. solder would be best cause its attached solid

Thank’s G for the core info. I will give them a shot - sounds similar in control as a VMOD. I am planning on catching up with Bob next week and if he has not seen it yet, I'll bring it for him to check out to. I have a new digital d-nail and a few pipes to share with him anyway and I owe him a torch :)

Me and my SR-71 are flying over to the coast for a night - see ya.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Can I see the part your talking about specifically?

Iris still in the works.

Replacement Herc pcs needs time as we have a few things we need push out first.

9i9c.jpg

Thats my black rod in there just so i could get the whole piece in the picture. Sorry my camera stinks. Anyway you can kinda see the edges are flared out near the rod. When i tried putting in my white rod earlier it just slipped right in with no resistance.

Mynameismud,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok what you want to do is take 1 needle nose or any type of plier and just gently squeeze the tops slits closer together. It should fix the problem.

9i9c.jpg

Thats my black rod in there just so i could get the whole piece in the picture. Sorry my camera stinks. Anyway you can kinda see the edges are flared out near the rod. When i tried putting in my white rod earlier it just slipped right in with no resistance.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Level with me here guys...is the SR-71 as good with herbs as say my pax?

I'm toying with the idea of selling my pax to fund the persei and SR-71, but if its basically an oil vape that does great with oil and MEH with herbs...I may have to reconsider selling the pax and finding another way to fund it.

Basically...will I be disappointed with its use for herbs? I'm sure it'll blow me away for oil, but it'd be great to get an honest review of it as an herb vape as well. Might be the tipping point.

darkrom,
Reactions: Caligula

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

I'm toying with the idea of selling my pax to fund the persei and SR-71, but if its basically an oil vape that does great with oil and MEH with herbs...I may have to reconsider selling the pax and finding another way to fund it.

Basically...will I be disappointed with its use for herbs? I'm sure it'll blow me away for oil, but it'd be great to get an honest review of it as an herb vape as well. Might be the tipping point.

First of all i wouldnt sell the Pax for herbs to replace it with the herc for herbs.

The Hercs main purpose is for oils, it does herbs if you like a learning curve. It can do oils and herbs at the same time fan fucking tastic. But i wouldnt sell the simplicity of the Pax for a herc for herbs. If for oils i would said straight out yes your missing out as it is up there and the design with no wires or silica wicks solder or anything else.

In fact i would suggest you try the LAyG carts, they have no solder, no silica wicks. We have the Omicrons at $99 bucks and they cant be matched with the warranty and reliability by anything that size.

OF

or wrap a string around it and squeeze it together by pulling on each end. Only 1 wrap

This way the force is equal around the tube and its will not break or over bend.

Good trick. Another useful one is a turn or two of wire around it then twisting the ends of the wire together until the loops come up really tight. You can do 'trial fits' this way, you need to go a bit past 'pretty snug' to cover spring back. If you back off the twists you can usually do a test fit without removing the wire.

OF

thevaf

For one guy's opinion, I would say the the SR71 is amazing for oils and "MEH" with herbs.

My SR-71 (black rod, 3.6v) shorted out my remaining double cartridge persei head and collapsed a removable spring :(. I've got the older tops, but the only thing that is confusing me is why this happened in the first place. I thought that when using the black 3.6v rod with an older revision top the configuration would still be within the amp limit, but maybe not. I was using it fine last night and just picked up today and encountered issues which is what makes this so strange.

I just got off of the phone with Gary from W9tech (is that THC Scientific?) and he knew exactly where I was coming from and he sorted me out. I'm going to send my old revision Persei tops in for replacement and I should be up and running again soon enough.

SunnyStefan,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
My SR-71 (black rod, 3.6v) shorted out my remaining double cartridge persei head and collapsed a removable spring :(. I've got the older tops, but the only thing that is confusing me is why this happened in the first place. I thought that when using the black 3.6v rod with an older revision top the configuration would still be within the amp limit, but maybe not. I was using it fine last night and just picked up today and encountered issues which is what makes this so strange.

I just got off of the phone with Gary from W9tech (is that THC Scientific?) and he knew exactly where I was coming from and he sorted me out. I'm going to send my old revision Persei tops in for replacement and I should be up and running again soon enough.

That Gary is my brother in fact I was in the room when I stated that the spring is a consumable item.

As for the tops yes they can handle the Hercules but if a failure happens it's gonna give out as the electronics arnt set up to handle the Herc for continuous use.

That is why we are upgrading tops.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hmmm if I go for it I'm going persei. Considering pulling the trigger on a herc + persei from the market place now actually.

Might sell the pax to pay for it since I've got 2 other portables to use for herb anyway, but damn the pax is easy lol.

thevaf

You dont have to answer, but Is Gary your actual name or is it your "american name"? Just found it interesting 2 brothers would have the same name.

Caligula

Maximus
Hmmm if I go for it I'm going persei. Considering pulling the trigger on a herc + persei from the market place now actually.

Might sell the pax to pay for it since I've got 2 other portables to use for herb anyway, but damn the pax is easy lol.

Once you lean to use it and have it set up properly the Persei and Hercules combo is sure to please.

@THC SCIENTIFIC I just mailed out the dead double top and the coil piece that's giving me the "mystery burnoff vapor". I included a note with all the pertinent details.

-Joe

You dont have to answer, but Is Gary your actual name or is it your "american name"? Just found it interesting 2 brothers would have the same name.

George Foreman has 5 sons. All named George Foreman.

Top Bottom